Sponsored by:

New TL - Two Questions (TPMS, Price)

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 11:47 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New TL - Two Questions (TPMS, Price)

Hi all,

Just want to say thanks for all the great posts. Ya'll helped me out a lot in my research before ordering this car. After I take delivery I plan on being pretty active around here trying to give back a little. First, the specs:

2006 TL - White Diamond / Ebony
Navigation, 5AT, Body Kit, iPod kit
$35,500 (with accs.)

I've got two questions while I anxiously await my ride.

1) Has anyone swapped the rims on an '06 and kept their Tire Pressure Monitors intact? I'm wondering about the process and if there's any modification needed on the replacement rims.

2) Are the WDP / Ebony TL's in the Dallas area really that rare? I was told by three different dealers that the color combo with nav was nearly impossible to find. I'm having to wait a month (delivery May 20) for mine and had to pay $1000 over invoice (not MSRP) when I wanted to get closer to $400 over. Dealers claimed it was a 'rare' car and they could easily sell it @ over sticker. Anybody bought one of these in Texas? Thanks...
Old 04-19-2006, 12:40 AM
Instructor

I am from Pittsburgh, and dont know anything about the dallas area...However I feel pretty strongly, the dealers are just feeding you a line, telling you its rare and will be more expensive. It might be rare, but if your willing to locate one and have it shipped to you, or even wait for your dealer to order one, you should get it for at worst 200 over invoice.

make sure you do research on the ipod kit. I don't have it, but i'm scared to buy it from what i've read from the other posters.

i.m.o. your getting ripped on that price. You could buy that body kit online and have them install it the day it arrives.

these are just my opinions and my advice. goodluck
Old 04-19-2006, 12:53 AM
Advanced

Just picked up a WDP, they had it on the lot
Old 04-19-2006, 02:30 AM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts
codedog, concerning aftermarket rims and TPMS, you should check out this thread, titled 06 TL owners with aftermarket Rims.

BTW, welcome and nice color choice!
Old 04-19-2006, 03:11 AM
Instructor

i swapped out the original rims with the a spec rims. instead of taking off the sensors from the original rims, bought a set from acura of las vegas for $150. works great. the msrp on the sensors are much higher than $150.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:15 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by codedog2k
Hi all,

Just want to say thanks for all the great posts. Ya'll helped me out a lot in my research before ordering this car. After I take delivery I plan on being pretty active around here trying to give back a little. First, the specs:

Navigation, 5AT, Body Kit, iPod kit
$35,500 (with accs.)

I've got two questions while I anxiously await my ride.

1) Has anyone swapped the rims on an '06 and kept their Tire Pressure Monitors intact? I'm wondering about the process and if there's any modification needed on the replacement rims.

2) Are the WDP / Ebony TL's in the Dallas area really that rare? I was told by three different dealers that the color combo with nav was nearly impossible to find. I'm having to wait a month (delivery May 20) for mine and had to pay $1000 over invoice (not MSRP) when I wanted to get closer to $400 over. Dealers claimed it was a 'rare' car and they could easily sell it @ over sticker. Anybody bought one of these in Texas? Thanks...
I emailed Vandergriff on the morning of Friday, January 20th. I walked in at 7:05 PM and drove out at 9:10 pm.

Navigation, 5AT, 35% tint, wheel locks

Selling price: $32,921

Plus an extra $599 for something called Theft Gard, but since they gave me an extra $441 on my trade-in, I didn't bitch about it. Let them play their little accounting tricks. I told them how much I would pay over my trade-in and they met it.

I knew they had 2 on the lot for at least a week, but I got the 'rare' spiel too. I did check the inventory of the 4 area dealers and there were only 3 out of about 160 cars listed. Rare enough that I wasn't going to wait until the end of the month to try and save another $300 or so.

I figured that invoice + registration/title/inspection + 6.25% tax would be about $35,000. I got a quote on my six year-old Eclipse from CarMax and subtracted that from the $35k. I then moved just enough cash into my checking account to cover the difference. I paid about $1k less than their initial response.

I can see it costing a few hundred more than the more common color combinations, but not as much as a thousand and certainly not list or over.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:29 AM
Racer

WDP with Ebony Non Navi $30,500 ordered; April 16-20 production build. Expect delivery near the end of the month. The price included wheel locks, trunk tray and splash guards (commonly referred to as the "protection package" in this region).

I pocketed the $2000 Navi option and will use mapquest.com for any travel since I don't expect any need for the Navi.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:39 AM
5th Gear

So, in reply to all... looks like I got bumped a little bit on the price. Still got out $2k under sticker and locked in the 2.9% financing which will save a lot of $ in the long run. Thanks for the quick replies.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:44 AM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by clausda0

make sure you do research on the ipod kit. I don't have it, but i'm scared to buy it from what i've read from the other posters.

i.m.o. your getting ripped on that price. You could buy that body kit online and have them install it the day it arrives.
Thanks for the heads up. I'm looking into the iPod Music Link more now. IMO, the slick integration and charging is more important than song navigation. Thinking of combining the TTS functionality with some playlists to make it easier.

Buying the body kit online, presumably from hondaacuraworld then having it installed sounds like a good idea. Two concerns: 1) will the kit still be covered by my full factory warranty this way? and 2) any idea what labor should cost for the full body kit install?
Old 04-19-2006, 10:55 AM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
I wanted a WDP Ebony 6MT w/Navi. There were 4 coming in at the end of April to the ENTIRE East Coast from PA to FL, all the way west to TN. Your dealer's not lying, WDP on ebony is quite rare, in any configuration.

I would have had to wait 60-90 days for it. I ended up with a WDP on parchment. Couldn't be happier. The "plood" gives a luxurious feel (I actually like it), and the tan leather is SO much nicer than black after being in the hot sun.