Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New TL owner BUT FVCK!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 11:27 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New TL owner BUT FVCK!

First of all, wanna say hi to all members on the forum.
On July 7th i have gotten my brand new 05 white TL with all options without apec kit.
On the 9th i have decided to do the kit which 1 out of 7 dealers had so i had to drive all the way out to wayne acura to have my car isntalled .
Car felt better over all and i liked it.
aspec wheels look tight and streeling wheels looks like more sporty overall.

BAD NEWS:
Believe it or not on the way back home with only 500 miles on speedo.
I CRASHED IT WITH A SEMI.
It wa kinda congested on route 46 and i looked at the navi for couple seconds and press souple butons and i look up BOOM my hood was pooped up and i see a big ass semi tralier in front of me. I walk out and the trailer has no scratch like i thouyght and my cars fender hood bumper and the plastic covers on top of engine and radiator intercooler was all fucked up. Good thing nobody but my girlfriends leg was hurt so thats good but estimate came out to be a CRAZY $8,923.11.

I am only 20 years old and worried how much the insurance will go up.

BTW the car will be fixed this friday.

I was so close to crying at a old age....
Old 07-26-2005, 11:57 PM
Gratis dictum

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry for your accident......stuff like that happens sometimes. Especially when you are not attentive to your driving. I'm sure they can fix it up like new.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:11 AM
Cruisin'

Thanks for the sympathy^^...I am still suffering from depression becuase of the accident and my unlicensed plated car being trashed. I remember cars pasing by in the traffic smiling and laughing which i probably would have done also, but it really hurted....
Old 07-27-2005, 12:15 AM
.:KCCO:.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
yikes.....ya the navi isnt really a safe thing to be lookin at. your girl is there. let her play with it
Old 07-27-2005, 12:39 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by TLinNJ
hurted....
hurt
Old 07-27-2005, 12:40 AM
'06 750Li Sapphire/Creme

On July 7th i have gotten my brand new 05 white TL with all options without apec kit.
On the 9th i have decided to do the kit which 1 out of 7 dealers had so i had to drive all the way out to wayne acura to have my car isntalled .

BAD NEWS:
It wa kinda congested on route 46 and i looked at the navi for couple seconds and press souple butons and i look up BOOM my hood was pooped up and i see a big ass semi tralier in front of me. I walk out and the trailer has no scratch like i thouyght and my cars fender hood bumper and the plastic covers on top of engine and radiator intercooler was all fucked up. Good thing nobody but my girlfriends leg was hurt so thats good but estimate came out to be a CRAZY $8,923.11.

Sorry to hear about the accident. Sounds like your a typical 20 year old. Not paying attention to the things that he should be. Surprised your Girl Friend isn't pissed at you for being so irresponsible. Sounds like she was hurt. Anything broken? Look at it this way, the $9K it is going to cost you (or more accuractly your insurance company) and the $500/year your insurance will go up because of an accident that was your fault is nothing compared to the fact that you could have taken not only your life but your girl friends as well. Hope you learned your lesson and will be more responible in the future.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:42 AM
Cruisin'

^ hey hey hey watch the typical 20 year old comment please, thank you. and sorry to hear about your accident
Old 07-27-2005, 01:01 AM
.:KCCO:.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by taeinchicago
^ hey hey hey watch the typical 20 year old comment please, thank you. and sorry to hear about your accident
it sucks... but hey cmon..... you know he's right.....
Old 07-27-2005, 06:37 AM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sorry to hear about it Assume it was on Route 46 between I-80 and Route 3. That stretch of road is a suicide waiting to happen for anyone, even with your eyes on the road!

Old 07-27-2005, 07:16 AM
Safety Car

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts

BAD NEWS:

Sorry to hear about your accident. You insurance will go up, but since no one was really injured, then it won't be as bad as it could be. Yes the Navi is very distracting to use while driving; espeically on the highway. However the touch screen does help and you can type in the letters rather quickly. But all it takes is a split second and BOOM you're in an accident.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:18 AM
I slow down for COPS

Originally Posted by ayethetiense
yikes.....ya the navi isnt really a safe thing to be lookin at. your girl is there. let her play with it
Playing with your girlfriend is not safe either. Or did I missread it ....

Soory to hear about your accident. Even though, it is more likely to happen to a 20 year old, but it also happens to the best of us.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:12 AM
Three Wheelin'

damn man...that sucks. I got caught up in the Navi when i 1st got my car too (being the "typical 20 yr old" i guess.) However, I always made sure I never played with it during traffic. Only on open roads.
I live in Montville, right off rt. 46, so i know exactly where you're talking about. The traffic b/w 8-10 am and 4-6 pm is HORRIBLE.
Unfortunately for you, the insurance is definitely gonna go up, but luckily, no one was hurt too badly (hope your gf gets better).
Be a lil more careful next time though, esp w/ such a nice car.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:29 AM
EZZ
Burning Brakes

You wonder why Infinti and Lexus lock out the Nav when you are driving...
Old 07-27-2005, 04:37 PM
Cruisin'

typical 20 year old? I'm 24, in my limited 8 years of driving my only two accidents have involved middle aged persons being so kind as to rear end me. Sucks about the accident man, pick yourself up, learn something, and keep moving forward...
Old 07-27-2005, 06:39 PM
18,000mi. 29000km

Navi is distracting even after couple month into TL.
Old 07-27-2005, 06:58 PM
Luv my TL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
any pics?
Old 07-27-2005, 07:20 PM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Received 185 Likes on 131 Posts
I am sorry that you had to suffer this, really I am. Accidents plain suck.

but....It just absolutely cements my belief that Nav is too distracting and therefore too dangerous to really be in cars. Study where your going first. Just as bad as hand held phones and swapping discs in the changer while driving. I think it was older Lexus's that required the car to be stopped to change CDs in the changer. Great idea but obviously public desire won out over safety engineering.

I'm non-Nav and actually still really happy with that decision.
Old 07-27-2005, 08:18 PM
'06 750Li Sapphire/Creme

Originally Posted by Adobeman
I am sorry that you had to suffer this, really I am. Accidents plain suck.

but....It just absolutely cements my belief that Nav is too distracting and therefore too dangerous to really be in cars. Study where your going first. Just as bad as hand held phones and swapping discs in the changer while driving. I think it was older Lexus's that required the car to be stopped to change CDs in the changer. Great idea but obviously public desire won out over safety engineering.

I'm non-Nav and actually still really happy with that decision.
It not the NAVI that's the problem. It's the OPERATOR! Therer are MANY of us who have the presence of mind to be able to handle two things at one time. Entering information into the NAVI while in motion does take intelligence and caution but should by no means be restricted. In fact, such restrictions make the NAVI in those other cars nearly useless. The only time you really NEED NAVI is when your trying to get to some place you don't already know. WIth those others mfgs you actually have to stop, enter your search one way, then another, then another until it FINALLY finds what only takes two seconds to find in the Acura NAVI. I LOVE my TL's NAVI but HATE the GX's NAVI and don't even get me started on Benz.
Old 07-27-2005, 09:03 PM
Instructor

umm, old people are as bad if not WORSE than young drivers. how many women have you seen putting on make up while they are driving? how many people have u seen eating while they are driving? have you never adjusted anything or taken ur eyes off the road?

accidents are accidents. they happen even to the safest driver.
Old 07-27-2005, 09:35 PM
6MT & LSD

Originally Posted by empathy
umm, old people are as bad if not WORSE than young drivers. how many women have you seen putting on make up while they are driving? how many people have u seen eating while they are driving? have you never adjusted anything or taken ur eyes off the road?

accidents are accidents. they happen even to the safest driver.
I see where you're coming from, but it's just not true. I'm only 21, too, and I used to think that teens shouldn't be stereotyped as bad drivers. Now, however, I've realized that teens have far less driving experience, too much confidence, and like to show off when in nice cars... Accidents can happen to anyone, but it's safe to say more youngers driver take, intentionally or unintentionally, more risks than older, experienced drivers.

Anyway, I hope your car is being repaired at a reputable place - one that will accept responsibility and re-do any work necessary... Hope it looks as good as new.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:25 PM
Instructor

Thank your lucky stars the crash wasn't worse. You could still be in Traction at the hospital instead of typing on a message board
Old 07-27-2005, 11:41 PM
Acura TL 2005/6spd

U just got a estimate 8,923.11 (it just a estimate) it going to cost way more then that mabe 12,000. I just repair a 05 TL 6spd it cost me close to 9,000 that me looking for the parts just the headlight cost around 600 dollors in the dealer. I hope your airbags did not pop... anyway good look in fixing your car!
Old 07-27-2005, 11:52 PM
10th Gear

That sucks big time. I feel your pain, I totalled my RSX 2 years ago. It's a tough lesson to learn. How much insurance were you paying on it? You'll be lucky if your insurance goes up only $500 a year. Your company is probably going to drop you. I hope you don't already have any points on your license cause it'll be even worse. I had to drive an old integra before I could afford the insurance on my TL. I pay 2800/yr for insurance through geico. Look on the bright side atleast you didn't total it and the car could be fixed. Even though it'll probably never be the same. What did your parents say after they found out?

Good Luck.