Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New TL owner; and I highly recommend Sterling Acura in Austin

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 05:08 PM
Disproportionate Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New TL owner; and I highly recommend Sterling Acura in Austin

Well folks, I didn't expect it, but I took delivery of a white TL with Navi today (insert the usual uninformed and gleeful praise that people heap upon vehicles they've just taken delivery of here. :-) If I sound unenthuasiastic, it's not because I'm not enthusiastic, but moreso that I'm trying to temper my enthuasiasm).

I noticed a bit of a creek in the headliner where the sunroof visor is though. Is this common?

A few other questions:
  • The dealer pre-programmed my favorite station on the XM satellite radio, but when I try to switch to other channels using the channel button I only get preview channels. It seems to me as though I remember the same thing happening on my wife's Accord, and I don't remember if it went away on its own after a couple of days or if I played with it to make it see more of the channels
  • What the heck is DVD audio, and why do I care?
  • I know it's a stretch, but does the CD player work with MP3 formatted cds?
  • Where do you folks store your CD cases?

Before I run off to program my homelink, let me say that I can't say enough about Sterling Acura and how well I was treated. I walked in on Saturday, unshaven and wearing shorts. I was treated with the utmost respect from day 1. When I had to deal with the finance people, I didn't have to do the typical fighting to stop the dealer from putting on crap like underbody sealant and vehicle security system. Everything was up front and on the level. I got a fair price on the car (not as inexpensive as I wanted, but under MSRP).

Anyway, thanks in advance for the answers to my questions..
Old 05-24-2004, 06:00 PM
Team Anthracite Member

I bought from Sterling too. Who'd you deal with? What kind of price did you get?

I liked them so much I'm getting my wife's RSX-S serviced by them and I live in San Antonio. They are worth the drive so far!
Old 05-24-2004, 07:21 PM
Disproportionate Member

I dealt with Paul Nava, with of course close ties with Adrian White who is the GM. I got a fair price; not as low as I wanted, but still below MSRP. The only thing left to evaluate now is their service..

Originally Posted by bnandreu
I bought from Sterling too. Who'd you deal with? What kind of price did you get?

I liked them so much I'm getting my wife's RSX-S serviced by them and I live in San Antonio. They are worth the drive so far!
Old 05-24-2004, 08:49 PM
IVY LEAGUE

i also bought from sterling acura ...i dealt with matthew shaw very good service ..my salesman was detailing the car with the maitnance people..
Old 05-24-2004, 09:20 PM
10th Gear

Service has been fine, but may be expected by previous Acura owners. This is my first Acura or Honda product. You bring your car in, they give you a loaner and tell you to come get yours when you are ready, after they call. They have done everything I've ask in a day which has mainly been fit and finish adjustments. They did a "skip the destination charge" deal for me in November. 19.95 oil changes and wash it before you get it back.
Greg
Old 05-24-2004, 09:42 PM
Advanced

Did you compare them to David McDavid? I've not considered Sterling because their web page shows such a small inventory. Perhaps they are selling them as fast as they get them in...

--Mark
Old 05-24-2004, 09:45 PM
'05 DGP/Parch 5AT Navi

Originally Posted by Aquineas
I got a fair price; not as low as I wanted, but still below MSRP.
So what was your price (before TTL)? I work right down the road from Sterling Mcall Acura in Houston and so far they have been very helpful and courteous over a series of a half-a-dozen visits to check the car out. I haven't even sat down to deal with them yet - waiting for the NYSE to rebound. If Sterling of Austin and Sterling Mcall of Houston are related, maybe I can get a similar deal.

-phil
Old 05-24-2004, 10:13 PM
10th Gear

If Sterling of Austin and Sterling Mcall of Houston are related, maybe I can get a similar deal.

-phil[/QUOTE]

The Sterling Acura in Austin said they were tied to a dealer in Chicago (I think). Since they were part of Austin's motor mile, I guessed they were owned by one of the motor milers. They were still installing the lights when we bought.
Old 05-25-2004, 01:45 AM
Disproportionate Member

Originally Posted by PhilB
So what was your price (before TTL)? I work right down the road from Sterling Mcall Acura in Houston and so far they have been very helpful and courteous over a series of a half-a-dozen visits to check the car out. I haven't even sat down to deal with them yet - waiting for the NYSE to rebound. If Sterling of Austin and Sterling Mcall of Houston are related, maybe I can get a similar deal.

-phil
High 33s before TTL. I don't know if they're related or not, though.

Did you compare them to David McDavid? I've not considered Sterling because their web page shows such a small inventory. Perhaps they are selling them as fast as they get them in...
When I talked to the sales manager about the forthcoming Memorial Day weekend, he told me: "I hope I have enough cars!" I think it's a question of them selling as fast as they get them in.. I didn't compare them with Dave McDavid; I had a bad experience with them once and won't deal with them. Their dealership is immaculate, btw.