Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New TL

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2004, 08:28 AM
Hi Ho Silver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New TL

Hello everyone, I'm a nubee to this Forum. I just purchased my new TL ( Silver w/Ebony- Automatic w/Nav). I love it so. I was wondering if I got a good deal ? I shopped around for two months - on line and visiting dealers around my area. I got the car pretty much loaded, Door moldings, Rear wing, Mud flaps, Nav of course!, Automatic, Trunk Tray, All season matts with the regular matts to and pretty much all the other standard equipment. What I need to know is I paid $33.500.00 for it and I was wondering if I got taken to the cleaners on the price I paid. I would like to hear from all you TL lovers out there who got pricing that was cheaper or I made out in the deal......Thanks
Old 07-30-2004, 08:54 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You did well!
Old 07-30-2004, 08:56 AM
Hi Ho Silver

How well did I do - thats what I'm wondering?
Old 07-30-2004, 09:08 AM
GÜNnµ ¡Ï

maybe you should repost this on just the Third Generation threads, NOT THE PHOTO GALLERY..
Old 07-30-2004, 09:11 AM
Hi Ho Silver

I will
Old 07-30-2004, 10:48 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Thread moved.

Also, you could check this, too.

https://acurazine.com/forums/car-parts-sale-361/brand-new-venom-400-box-never-used-cheap-72321/
Old 07-30-2004, 10:54 AM
Cruisin'

i really don't understand these threads. You shopped around for 2 months, and made the best possible deal you could on the car. You know you didn't get screwed. Does it really matter if someone else got the car for a couple hundred less or a couple hundred more? Go enjoy your new vehicle!
Old 07-30-2004, 11:25 AM
2004 TL 5AT Desert Mist

Originally Posted by Chris3G
i really don't understand these threads. You shopped around for 2 months, and made the best possible deal you could on the car. You know you didn't get screwed. Does it really matter if someone else got the car for a couple hundred less or a couple hundred more? Go enjoy your new vehicle!
Exactly what I was thinking.
Old 07-30-2004, 11:32 AM
04TL/SSM/Quartz/AT/Navi

Do you think it makes a difference in negotiating the price of the TL if you buy some add-on's (mud flaps, trims, etc.)? Maybe a better overall deal? I'm looking to get my first TL in the next few weeks. Any experiences you have recently had would help. My first impression is that the dealers aren't too willing to come down much on price.
Old 07-30-2004, 03:22 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by srhewes
Do you think it makes a difference in negotiating the price of the TL if you buy some add-on's (mud flaps, trims, etc.)? Maybe a better overall deal? I'm looking to get my first TL in the next few weeks. Any experiences you have recently had would help. My first impression is that the dealers aren't too willing to come down much on price.
I have had three Acuras and I always negotiate for the base car first; i.e. Navi/Non-Navi. Then after they have agreed upon the final price I always say "now that includes floor mats and splash guards?" and the salesman always says he'll see what he can do and I have never failed to get extras. These guys want the BIG bucks. The little, lower cost, add-ons they will not let you walk for. Now if you are trying to add ground effects and spoiler packages that's a different story. If you wanted to add say a spoiler from Acura work the deal without it first and then ask about adding it. To keep your business they will almost always add it to the deal at their cost.

Dealers want to hook you but once they think they have you they will stretch their boundaries so-to-speak in order to not lose the sale. The idea is to make them feel they have you hooked but conversely you have them hooked for the extras or "No Deal"

At least that has always been my experience.
Old 07-30-2004, 06:03 PM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by imax
I have had three Acuras and I always negotiate for the base car first; i.e. Navi/Non-Navi. Then after they have agreed upon the final price I always say "now that includes floor mats and splash guards?" and the salesman always says he'll see what he can do and I have never failed to get extras. Dealers want to hook you but once they think they have you they will stretch their boundaries so-to-speak in order to not lose the sale. The idea is to make them feel they have you hooked but conversely you have them hooked for the extras or "No Deal"
At least that has always been my experience.
Very interesting negotiating point.
Old 07-30-2004, 06:17 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 370 Likes on 209 Posts
Your deal was horrible. Take it back and tell them you don't want it.

Just kidding. I agree with the posts above. Why in the world would you even WANT to know after the deal is done?

Enjoy the car - next time, ask before buying.

Welcome to the forum
Old 07-30-2004, 06:51 PM
Not a Blowhole

Received 32 Likes on 13 Posts
Welcome, but lose the door edge guards before it is too late. They cause a harmonic convergence effect which will eventually cause your head to explode! The mud guards kill you slowly - it is not pretty - this is all 100% fact - I read it on the Internet!
Old 08-03-2004, 12:05 PM
Hi Ho Silver

mud gaurds ???

Why will the mud gaurds kill me???
Old 08-03-2004, 01:19 PM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Chris3G
No kidding. Just enjoy the car. If you love it as much as you say then it was worth the price. Enjoy!
Old 08-03-2004, 02:30 PM
Shift_faster

Originally Posted by casey2529
Why will the mud gaurds kill me???
That was just humor presented by Mr. Road Rage...

Enjoy the car.
Old 08-03-2004, 03:43 PM
Hi Ho Silver

Ok I'm new to this Forum

I'm new to this Forum so I don't know who is kidding and who is Serious. Well all in all I will keep my TL the way I bought it. Thanks everyone for your support it's nice to know that there are other people out there who enjoy there TL as much as I do. Any advise on how to keeo the black on the bottom of the door wheel well clean? Everytime I step out it I mark it up - So I just cleaned it with Mild soap and water - is there something else I should be using ? If so I would apprediate some advise. Thanks Again Guys & Girls.
Old 08-03-2004, 03:45 PM
Hi Ho Silver

I didn't mean to say wheel well I ment to say the bottom of the door area. sorry
Old 08-03-2004, 04:56 PM
Team Anthracite Member

casey,

just a little tip: if you get done writing an article, and then look back to see that you might have said something wrong, or spelled something wrong, you can click "edit" on the lower right hand side of your post and make the changes without having to re-post.

Just a little tip!

regards,
carcar
Old 08-03-2004, 08:40 PM
Red line...use it

Casey,
That is a good deal with all the options. I was looking in RI, but ended up with a dealer in MA. Where did you get it? I got same price without the wing (which is the only big ticket item in your list...except navi)
Old 08-04-2004, 07:12 AM
Hi Ho Silver

I got my TL at First Acura in Seekonk MA - they moved to Seekonk from Newport RI they wanted to secure a better demographic area. They opened up last Saturday on July 31st, I was the first person to drive off the lot with a new Acura at there new location. I have been talking to them for a while about the car Telephone calls back and forth untill they moved to there new location. I was all set in buying a Black w/ebony auto w/navi - until I saw the Silver w/ebony auto w/navi and I had to have it. It all ready came with the wing on it and the bodyside moldings, trunk tray, & mudgaurds ( that road rage does not like.....LOL ) thanks road rage!!!! Someone ordered it loaded when they were still in newport so when they took it up to Seekonk and the guy came and saw it he backed out of the deal when he took a look at the color. Personally I love the silver better than the Black, I know I'm going to catch a lot of flack for saying that but that's my preference no one elses so I grabbed the Silver for $33500.00 and I love it - it gets a lot of looks, turns a lot of heads too.