3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New guy started today...

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 07:19 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
Junk. You can't blame it on his age, most people don't do this at any age and most of the people I knew that liked that junk at 17 still like it at 30. At 17 I was in the 12s and telling people it ran 15s.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:19 PM
Rev High; Drive Happy

Received 398 Likes on 332 Posts
That load of stickers on the lip is actually some ridiculous fad that hasn't fully caught on yet. And thank god it didn't.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:20 PM
Rev High; Drive Happy

Received 398 Likes on 332 Posts
Originally Posted by I hate cars
Junk. You can't blame it on his age, most people don't do this at any age and most of the people I knew that liked that junk at 17 still like it at 30. At 17 I was in the 12s and telling people it ran 15s.
That's evil.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:29 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 04-04-2011, 07:32 PM
Pro

Received 58 Likes on 54 Posts
Punch him in the throat already & say that it's for the guy with the fohawk (SSM4DR) on Acurazine .
Old 04-04-2011, 07:36 PM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
lol, those are stock GS-R seats... he ran the harness belts through the headrest.

Sony Xplods too
Old 04-04-2011, 07:43 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
What the heck he's from my hometown.....that's Baltimore, "HUN". LOL
Old 04-04-2011, 07:55 PM
Chapter Leader (Central Florida)

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Ok heres what you do:

Step 1: Tell him about Acurazine.
Step 2: Help him sign up and post pictures of his car.
Step 3: Join the rest of us in the flaming until he gets pissy, quits Azine, quits his job, and we get a new thread for the hall of fame.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:45 PM
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by LostSol_FoundTL
Ok heres what you do:

Step 3: Join the rest of us in the flaming until he gets pissy, quits Azine, quits his job, and we get a new thread for the hall of fame.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:12 PM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this is perhaps the best post ever! That guy is probably sitting with his online warcraft buddies right now telling them about the "piece of shit Acura" he parked next to at his new job, and how much poon he has pulled in the spot where the back seat used to be.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:05 PM
2007 TL Type-S NBP

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Keep in mind, if the kid is actually running in the 14's he's just as quick as a stock 08 Type-S 6mt (14.7 @ 101mph last I saw). We'd probably still have a higher trap speed and run him down shortly after the quarter was done but we'd probably get beat off the line. I know my porker isn't exactly the quickest out of the hole. Depending on mods, situation could swing in our favor. Now looks, the kid lost before he even left his mama's house!
Old 04-04-2011, 10:14 PM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
running 14s=new 16s...lmao
Old 04-04-2011, 10:15 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by jpgayan
Keep in mind, if the kid is actually running in the 14's he's just as quick as a stock 08 Type-S 6mt (14.7 @ 101mph last I saw). We'd probably still have a higher trap speed and run him down shortly after the quarter was done but we'd probably get beat off the line. I know my porker isn't exactly the quickest out of the hole. Depending on mods, situation could swing in our favor. Now looks, the kid lost before he even left his mama's house!
I agree that it would be a driver's race but the big advantage the TL has is you would be side by side in comfort and quietness and of course stock. My philosophy is that if you have a car that has no creature comforts it better be incredibly quick to make up for it. I'm waiting for tomorrow's story lol. I have a feeling it's not going to end here.

Personally I would never make fun of someone if they didn't have the money to do things right and were somewhat humble about it. I remember when I made $6 an hour at 17yrs old and couldn't afford the correct washers to hold my CAI on. I backed out of my parking spot and the air scoop and hose fell off so I was dragging an air scoop 10' in front of my car in front of 100 people. Pretty embarrassing. But this guy sounds a bit cocky.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:16 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by STeelTL
So true. I remember when 14s was respectable and was quick enough to go up against most Domestics along with a Testarossa or Countach. Now it's entry level for a V6 luxury car lol.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:23 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
I bet he gets lots of chicks with that ride.....

2011 National AcuraZine Meet-Kansas City-June 12, 2011-Details Here!

Old 04-04-2011, 10:47 PM
2007 TL Type-S NBP

I totally agree. If you're gonna have a car that's a pain in the but to ride in it better be REALLY fast. Same thing applies to loud exhausts. Nothing worse than an ear splitting exhaust on a car that would get roasted by a V6 Camry.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:00 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sharksbreath
he wants to race me...i want to punch him square in the throat.
hahahahahahahahaha
Old 04-04-2011, 11:29 PM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
So true. I remember when 14s was respectable and was quick enough to go up against most Domestics along with a Testarossa or Countach. Now it's entry level for a V6 luxury car lol.
i remeber the first time i hit 12s in my evo...i was soo damn happy...next thing you know everyone with an evo was hitting 11s...1 year later everyone is in the 10s with bolt ons and a FP red or Black turbo...lol...i just quit and went to the TL...too much damn money!

Last edited by STeelTL; 04-04-2011 at 11:31 PM.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:28 AM
Former Whiner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Whyz u postin pics of mah ride dawg?
Old 04-05-2011, 07:09 AM
BANNED

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,784 Posts
Originally Posted by jwr0ng626

typical civic/integ? lol
if a civic and a teg had a baby, and the baby was born with some sort of abnormality....this would be it.

Originally Posted by Aman
Looks more like he can't afford to make it any ricier, which is a good thing.

Sad part is, I thought it was going to be a sleeper after seeing the pic with the racing seat and stripped out rear. That sub just ruined it, though.
i think you're right...but still, WHY?

Originally Posted by SimonCL-S6
Ok, that front lip with stickers changed my mind ahah

Originally Posted by ocdp
Lol come on guys be nice. He's young.
Originally Posted by av2600
yeah, dont hate on the kid..... dog...
must...rag...on him

Originally Posted by myron
hahaha that's too funny. I was thinking there was gonna be some sweet ride there, but then it was just FAIL.

Originally Posted by Flipster23
I thought u were going to show us a swap haha
sorry for the letdown man, but i guess this is equally as good.

Originally Posted by nfnsquared
Ask him to see a time slip from the track...
will do

Originally Posted by paperboy42190
if its got a built b16 in there with a proper manual transmission....then yes it will run 14's all day long. it may be riced out with the mods but who knows what he has done to the engine.
Originally Posted by myron
^ probably nothing.
yeah i don't know yet, i'm trying to get a peak at the engine but it was raining this morning.

Originally Posted by Sandals
why don't you just fire him.
ha! i wish i held such power. he is in an entirely different dept. than i am so my hands are tied.

Originally Posted by AirForceFX
Wow, the old-guy-testosterone flow is strong in this room.

Although it's somewhat ridiculous, it's not near as bad as it could be. It IS a little sleeper, whether it has a great engine or not.

Originally Posted by murph145
lol this car is all fail those new pictures even proved it more so! that car looks like a pile of garbagee... its just because hes so young he doesnt know any better yet
Originally Posted by ttribe
[facepalm]

Originally Posted by v|nsan|ty
Wow that front bumper is an absolute gong show

Originally Posted by Too Many Hobbies
Very funny - I love your reaction.

I can remember being so proud of my beat up camaro when I was that age (and it didn't run 14s dawg).
hey at least your camaro probably looked ok. that's what i can't get over about this thing. you truly have to see it in person to appreciate it.

Originally Posted by rhafikjaan
honestly looking at the car from the rear it doesn't look to bad
looks can be deceiving...

Originally Posted by CLtotheTL32
Aaron don't hate because his car is faster than yours

/redtext
tyler,

agreed. if you can't do it right, you shouldn't do it at all. what's the point of spending money on your car to make it look like a pile of .

Originally Posted by o4Komodo
That load of stickers on the lip is actually some ridiculous fad that hasn't fully caught on yet. And thank god it didn't.
you said it...thank god.

Originally Posted by o4Komodo
That's evil.
Originally Posted by TL ROOKIE

Originally Posted by SSM4DR
Punch him in the throat already & say that it's for the guy with the fohawk (SSM4DR) on Acurazine .
i'm trying to resist! don't tempt me man!

Originally Posted by Costco
lol, those are stock GS-R seats... he ran the harness belts through the headrest.

Sony Xplods too

Originally Posted by ChucksCL-S
What the heck he's from my hometown.....that's Baltimore, "HUN". LOL
i know...what a discrace...

Originally Posted by LostSol_FoundTL
Ok heres what you do:

Originally Posted by Dino81
while that is hillarious, and probably would make me infamous here at azine...i simply can't. shortly thereafter, he would find his way to this thread and it would make things extremely awkward for me here lol...

Originally Posted by kevohanson
this is perhaps the best post ever! That guy is probably sitting with his online warcraft buddies right now telling them about the "piece of shit Acura" he parked next to at his new job, and how much poon he has pulled in the spot where the back seat used to be.
yeah but he doesn't seem like the nerd/dweeb/goober type...just a misguided soul who's fallin into the notion that "cars like his look good".

yeah maybe he does run 14's...still wouldn't matter to me. the car is so ridiculous that i can't even take it seriously for a moment. i gotta see if i can find anything else on it to make fun of...let me see what i can do today.

yup...need to get that time slip.

I agree that it would be a driver's race but the big advantage the TL has is you would be side by side in comfort and quietness and of course stock. My philosophy is that if you have a car that has no creature comforts it better be incredibly quick to make up for it. I'm waiting for tomorrow's story lol. I have a feeling it's not going to end here.

Personally I would never make fun of someone if they didn't have the money to do things right and were somewhat humble about it. I remember when I made $6 an hour at 17yrs old and couldn't afford the correct washers to hold my CAI on. I backed out of my parking spot and the air scoop and hose fell off so I was dragging an air scoop 10' in front of my car in front of 100 people. Pretty embarrassing. But this guy sounds a bit cocky.
i hear what you're saying, and i'm not making fun of him for not being able to afford to modify his ride...i'm making fun of him bc he THINKS it looks great. he was comparing it to my car yesterday...asking what i have done, and then he tells me what he has done, like we are somehow in the same realm here.

we've all done things when we were younger, but i at least hope we pulled it off better than this kid.

my how time changes things...lol

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
I bet he gets lots of chicks with that ride.....

2011 National AcuraZine Meet-Kansas City-June 12, 2011-Details Here!

oh you better believe it!

I totally agree. If you're gonna have a car that's a pain in the but to ride in it better be REALLY fast. Same thing applies to loud exhausts. Nothing worse than an ear splitting exhaust on a car that would get roasted by a V6 Camry.
i heard him leave yesterday after work and it sounded like absolute crap. i don't think it is that fast tbh...but i will surely find out.

Originally Posted by CrazyCraig0516
hahahahahahahahaha

i remeber the first time i hit 12s in my evo...i was soo damn happy...next thing you know everyone with an evo was hitting 11s...1 year later everyone is in the 10s with bolt ons and a FP red or Black turbo...lol...i just quit and went to the TL...too much damn money!
it's hard to keep up man...constant battle for first.

Originally Posted by Souljah
Whyz u postin pics of mah ride dawg?
sowwy dawg...didn't mean to offend!
Old 04-05-2011, 08:51 AM
My TL can do this, too!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That reminds me of this guy I spotted in a Wal-mart parking lot in Naples.

As far as mods go, what you see is what he did. Inside was all stock.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:06 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
this is going to be classic.. i hope hilarity is coming...
Old 04-05-2011, 09:42 AM
Safety Car

Received 435 Likes on 328 Posts
Except for the seats, belts and sub, the majority of his mod budget is in stickers and cans of flat black paint!
Old 04-05-2011, 10:02 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I think it'll be worth a run and a couple laughs at the track. You can't lie, you two do share somethings in common.

Both Acura's, both enjoy modding, both are black-ish in color, and the best part both you all work at the same place....
Old 04-05-2011, 10:15 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by kevohanson
Lol I played WoW for 6 years straight but it doesn't mean I have terrible taste in mods.

Oh and I didn't think it was TOO terrible.... then I saw the stickers on the bumper. ughhhhhh
Old 04-05-2011, 10:21 AM

Received 5,937 Likes on 2,928 Posts
Originally Posted by donnieb83
I think it'll be worth a run and a couple laughs at the track. You can't lie, you two do share somethings in common.

Both Acura's, both enjoy modding, both are black-ish in color, and the best part both you all work at the same place....
That was harsh!
Old 04-05-2011, 11:21 AM
BANNED

Originally Posted by rksokol
That reminds me of this guy I spotted in a Wal-mart parking lot in Naples.

As far as mods go, what you see is what he did. Inside was all stock.
i have an easier time making fun of the one at my job than that one...but i see what you mean.

Originally Posted by KaMLuNg
this is going to be classic.. i hope hilarity is coming...
samesies...keep em' coming guys.

Originally Posted by KN_TL
Except for the seats, belts and sub, the majority of his mod budget is in stickers and cans of flat black paint!
lol...i can't tell if it's primer or rattle can...?

donnie you son of a bitch! take it back!

Originally Posted by Bleak
Lol I played WoW for 6 years straight but it doesn't mean I have terrible taste in mods.

Oh and I didn't think it was TOO terrible.... then I saw the stickers on the bumper. ughhhhhh
yeah the stickers really seal the deal.

Originally Posted by ttribe
That was harsh!

anyway, the kid just walked inside with his chest puffed out and i swear he gave me the "fuck you" eyes......

maybe i'm paranoid?

Last edited by SharksBreath; 04-05-2011 at 11:23 AM.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:06 PM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
OK, this is retarded lol, and forget that he is a kid, my younger brother owns a 04 accord coupe, red in color hid's dropped about 2inches, black stock wheels looks super clean, (gets it from his brother) lol age is no reason to ruin a damn car what a son of a biscuit!
Old 04-05-2011, 03:43 PM
2007 TL Type-S NBP

It the kids defense, the subs may have quick detach connections for track use. I used to autocross my daily driver and had banana plugs so I could pull my sub box for "track/airstrip" days. Nevertheless, if you're going to go the "stripper" route, go all the way.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:19 PM
Drifting

Received 209 Likes on 170 Posts
Originally Posted by SharksBreath
anyway, the kid just walked inside with his chest puffed out and i swear he gave me the "fuck you" eyes......

maybe i'm paranoid?
He has already signed up as a member and is lurking on this thread!
Old 04-05-2011, 06:34 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
Yes!
Old 04-05-2011, 06:37 PM
6SPEED FEVER

Received 119 Likes on 97 Posts
I'd have to say it's lame a LOOKING CAR......but it will spank u if it has engine work done....if he's not built under the hood u are going toshut him up.....

I am young and competitive.....if he challenged u don't back out and take pictures of that ugly looking shot...just lock it up and show him who's boss!!!
Old 04-05-2011, 06:56 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
^^^Even "if" the he has "some" engine work done on his Integra and it is lighter, Aaron has damn near every single bolt on mod on his TL-S.

It takes less than 10 mins to remove our rear seats, glove box, spare tire and misc trunk panels. Aaron this would be sooo worth a run at the track!! Haha....maybe I'm just curious as to what numbers you're putting down with all your mods!

Last edited by 1islandparadise; 04-05-2011 at 06:59 PM.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:57 PM
Pro

Received 58 Likes on 54 Posts
I know how he's running 14's all day, look at em stickers! You know how many whp you get off of just one sticker? Fawk slap on a few stickers & call it a day. You're be running 14's all day in no time lol.

Last edited by SSM4DR; 04-05-2011 at 07:00 PM.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:39 PM
Racer

I agree, the TEG could be worse looking.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:49 PM
Team Owner

^^^Even "if" the he has "some" engine work done on his Integra and it is lighter, Aaron has damn near every single bolt on mod on his TL-S.

It takes less than 10 mins to remove our rear seats, glove box, spare tire and misc trunk panels. Aaron this would be sooo worth a run at the track!! Haha....maybe I'm just curious as to what numbers you're putting down with all your mods!
Agreed. "Engine work" could be a CAI lol. A "built" engine won't necessarily make more power, it just allows it to make more power reliably. I always laugh when people list a "built" engine as a mod. A built bottom end is just a supplement to the power mods.

I would put money on a bolt-on TL-S over a bolt-on or even light engine work Integra. They are neat little cars but I haven't seen a non riced out one in about 5 years.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:37 PM
CARBON FIBER WDP TL

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
i went through that stage when i was 16 also.. but didnt to add all them stickers..
Old 04-05-2011, 09:47 PM
Burning Brakes

lol....funny shit.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:40 AM
BANNED

Originally Posted by MR101
OK, this is retarded lol, and forget that he is a kid, my younger brother owns a 04 accord coupe, red in color hid's dropped about 2inches, black stock wheels looks super clean, (gets it from his brother) lol age is no reason to ruin a damn car what a son of a biscuit!
exactly. age has nothing to do with it.
if anything is worth doing, it's worth doing right.

It the kids defense, the subs may have quick detach connections for track use. I used to autocross my daily driver and had banana plugs so I could pull my sub box for "track/airstrip" days. Nevertheless, if you're going to go the "stripper" route, go all the way.
maybe he does, and maybe the car is "respectable"...i have no idea. i just know i wouldn't be caught dead driving something in that condition. i'd rather take the bus.

Originally Posted by dwb993
He has already signed up as a member and is lurking on this thread!
Originally Posted by whudini3000
Yes!
is he gone yet???

Originally Posted by EATSLEEPRACE
I'd have to say it's lame a LOOKING CAR......but it will spank u if it has engine work done....if he's not built under the hood u are going toshut him up.....

I am young and competitive.....if he challenged u don't back out and take pictures of that ugly looking shot...just lock it up and show him who's boss!!!
well i'm older and more cautious. i would still take him even if he has "engine work" done. his car is a rattlebox that's barely able to pull into the parking spot each morning. plus i would not want to take him on the street, track only n i doubt he'd agree to that but we'll see.

oh...i found out he has a skunk2 exhaust and hi-flo cats!

i'd hope so. i don't have any track times but i will be doing a backtoback dyno run at the UMCP spring fest car show on 5/1...so i'm looking forward to seeing what it shows.

Originally Posted by SSM4DR
I know how he's running 14's all day, look at em stickers! You know how many whp you get off of just one sticker? Fawk slap on a few stickers & call it a day. You're be running 14's all day in no time lol.
front lip spoiler looks like a skateboard/nos/jdm/herrafrush billboard threw up all over it.

Originally Posted by rkan121
I agree, the TEG could be worse looking.
no it can not.

Agreed. "Engine work" could be a CAI lol. A "built" engine won't necessarily make more power, it just allows it to make more power reliably. I always laugh when people list a "built" engine as a mod. A built bottom end is just a supplement to the power mods.

I would put money on a bolt-on TL-S over a bolt-on or even light engine work Integra. They are neat little cars but I haven't seen a non riced out one in about 5 years.
you guys are making me want to take him. he's bringing in his time slips, i'll keep you all posted. i also want to see what's under the hood. it is funny how he talks about his car...it's like he has no idea how rough it looks.

Originally Posted by poormans_tl69
i went through that stage when i was 16 also.. but didnt to add all them stickers..
i think we all did something were not proud of at one time in our life...but not to this extreme.

Originally Posted by apnorm
lol....funny shit.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:25 AM

Received 9,524 Likes on 6,180 Posts
Aaron take it to the track. If he beats you, he can keep the job. If he loses, he's fired.

Quick Reply: New guy started today...