Sponsored by:

New 3G Driver

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 12:23 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking New 3G Driver

hey yall,
i just got my 04 tl a few days ago and i think im in love lol. its definately beats the hell out of my old 02 infiniti g20 lol.....
anyways im new to the boards, and to auto boards in general i just had a fews questions about the tl...
1. is anyone having a rattling problem with the subwoofer casing? it seems on certain songs the casing will rattle very loud, if u dont know what i mean try listening to "this is the way i live" by baby boy and u will see what i mean, does anyone know how to fix this?
2. speaking of subs, im used to having 12's, not an 8.... can a 12 fit in the stock casing? or do i need to get a custom box and take up trunk space?
3. the bluetooth doesnt seem to want to work with my phone, is the system supposed to recognize the phone as soon as u sit in the car? or do u need to do something everytime u sit to get it to recognize the phone?
4. you know how when you go in reverse the side mirrors bend down? are both supposed to do this? cause on mine its just the drivers side that tilts? is something up if the passenger side doesnt do it too?
5. last question i promise.... i love our xenon lights but the fogs are too yellow for my liking, what brand(s) of fog do you recommend that will give an ultra white look for the fogs, without having to pay an arm and a leg?

thanks for having patience with all my newbie questions

peace from the ATL yall!

nixon
Old 03-17-2007, 12:40 AM
FTW

Received 84 Likes on 45 Posts
1. I had this issue, had the dealer fix it, by adding foam around the sub ( i think)

2. You need to modify in order to fit 12's, otherwise if you search around the forums "subwoofer" you can find that you can buy a JL 8w something 2ohm sub to replace it and it performs pretty well from what i read.

3. Can't help ya on this one.

4. You can move the slider to the driver side, passanger side or in the middle and they act differently as you switch it from side to side.

5. No idea on this one.
Old 03-17-2007, 01:53 AM
Safety Car

Received 340 Likes on 278 Posts
Originally Posted by nixonbiskit
3. the bluetooth doesnt seem to want to work with my phone, is the system supposed to recognize the phone as soon as u sit in the car? or do u need to do something everytime u sit to get it to recognize the phone?
you need to turn the key on Also you have to set the phone to the car. your manual will tell you how

5. last question i promise.... i love our xenon lights but the fogs are too yellow for my liking, what brand(s) of fog do you recommend that will give an ultra white look for the fogs, without having to pay an arm and a leg?

nixon
Do a search on fog* lights. you will find many people have done different mods on them. I think you will find one to your liking
Old 03-17-2007, 03:20 AM
gimme a 4G !!

nixon

It's somewhat relevant that we know what type of phone you have.

And as stated above, the vehicle's power does need to be ON.
Old 03-17-2007, 08:51 AM
GO DAWGS!! SICK'EM!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
WELCOME!!

Another ATL TLer's
Old 03-17-2007, 03:03 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Dedpheonix
It's somewhat relevant that we know what type of phone you have.

And as stated above, the vehicle's power does need to be ON.
i realize the car needs to be on, i have a samsung d600, i set it up according to the manual and put in a bunch of numbers and got it to work the first time i set it up (that little phone icon appeared on my cd player and i talked while driving) however since then, the car doesnt automatically recognize my phone, and when i link them up thru the system it says no numbers found..... its really frustrating me so any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks for the welcome TL1999, im pretty sure i hate georgia tech just as much as you do, i go to UGA, what part of Athens are u from?

thanks
Old 03-17-2007, 03:20 PM
Kaa - Ching !!!

Location: Rhode Island.....Self-Proclaimed Chromed Cousin of Brettallica
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Check your phone...........mine (Verizon) has an option to "always connect when it recognizes Bluetooth" or "Prompt before connect......."

You want it to always connect when it recognizes the car
Old 03-17-2007, 04:03 PM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts
once my car 'lost' my phone. i deleted all profiles in car, deleted profiles in cell, pulled battery out of cell and set everything up again and it worked
Old 03-17-2007, 11:23 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by lusid
1. I had this issue, had the dealer fix it, by adding foam around the sub ( i think)

2. You need to modify in order to fit 12's, otherwise if you search around the forums "subwoofer" you can find that you can buy a JL 8w something 2ohm sub to replace it and it performs pretty well from what i read.

3. Can't help ya on this one.

4. You can move the slider to the driver side, passanger side or in the middle and they act differently as you switch it from side to side.

5. No idea on this one.
Did the dealer charge you for adding the foam? I have that problem on the driver side sub and its freakin pissin me off so bad. Also, I get rattling in the back sub as well, dealer fix this too? Thanks.