3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEVER let the Dealer wash your car

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 01:30 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had my 3rd service today. I just washed the car yesterday. It looked nice. The guy who washed it did not even dry it. I have water spots all over the car. Not swirl marks, but anoying all the same. The last time I'll let them wash it. I thint your only option is to try waxing and buffing them out.
Old 08-11-2007, 02:53 PM
Garage Park / Ikon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
that sucks, those guys at the dealer would never wash the car as good as us owners would
Old 09-15-2007, 02:33 PM
Love my TL! ready 4 mods!

I wish I had read these posting before I took my NBP in Wahhhhh I have swirl marks on my car now, after so much hard work of waxing it...I took it in to Kearny Mesa Acura in San Diego b/c I was having so squealing noises when I do a hard left while gently applying brakes. It is not even a year old yet and I had to have major service on it! Anyway, now I have swirl marks all over my baby! And they helped themselves to my $2 in my armrest, and yes I am going to complain when they call to see how service was.
Old 09-15-2007, 02:36 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
those people steal money from you.
Old 09-15-2007, 02:41 PM
RBP > WDP, NBP, SSM etc

Originally Posted by up2nooogood
I wish I had read these posting before I took my NBP in Wahhhhh I have swirl marks on my car now, after so much hard work of waxing it...I took it in to Kearny Mesa Acura in San Diego b/c I was having so squealing noises when I do a hard left while gently applying brakes. It is not even a year old yet and I had to have major service on it! Anyway, now I have swirl marks all over my baby! And they helped themselves to my $2 in my armrest, and yes I am going to complain when they call to see how service was.
dude - you should know better than to leave valuables in your car
Old 09-15-2007, 03:22 PM
Love my TL! ready 4 mods!

It was only $2 bucks and I guess I was just testing to see if it will actually get stolen. Too tempting for them to resist, but then again what are they doing going through my stuff anyway? It was in service for a rack and pinion, I only have freaking 9K miles on it and had to get that replaced. To replace that they do not need to do anything with the interior. Yeah I know never to leave valuables in the car, it was only my emergency $2 lol
Old 09-15-2007, 04:45 PM
Intermediate

DO NOT BUY FROM DEALER!
DO NOT SERVICE AT DEALER!
DO NOT WASH AT DEALER!

Did I miss something?
Old 09-15-2007, 08:40 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by up2nooogood
I used to keep change in my CL in the holder to the left of the steering wheel. Anytime I'd go to a convenience store, etc I'd just throw the change it there. It was SO full, the change would fall out once I tilted it shut, haha. Needless to say, after picking up my car after being at the dealer for a MONTH (yes, a month, long story)....needless to say, my entire mound of change was gone And, I didn't put pennies in it...so someone grabbed a good $5 - 10. Yeah, it's only 5 bucks, but it's the principle & the fact that you go to the dealership for better service than a Firestone, etc...
Old 09-15-2007, 09:56 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
is it two dollar bills or coins.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:01 PM
2007 Acura TL-S

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by evoman
The moral of the story here is to never let the dealer wash your car. They left a whole bunch of super huge swirl marks and scratches all over my new 200 miles NBP 2007 TLS. Seems like they are way to cheap to buy new mitts and train laborers to wash cars with care and common sense....like, do not use scotch brite to clean off bug splatter !?!?

I was so pissed....to make it worst, when they aligned my door which was a factory defect (another long argument for that), they scratched the door big time and tried to blame it on me! Luckily i took pictures and after arguing with them, they finally agreed to fix the scratch on the door but not the car wash damage. This is so pathetic, my car is so new and it has not even been out in a public parking lot yet, been garaged at home ever since i bought it...and how ironic that it is the dealer that screws it up. They didnt even werent even sorry about the whole ordeal and made me look like I was a picky ass customer....well, i think if you just bought a 56,000 CDN acura vehicle with no swirl marks or scratches and it comes back all scratched up. I am so dissapointed with acura.

Acura should take away dealer franchises if they are not providing customers with proper treatment of their vehicles during service, this is unacceptable.

Sorry for the rant
acura of serramonte actually did a pretty good job on my 07 TL-S, there wasnt any big swirls or what not, there were some tho. hard to notice. of course when washing a black car you will easily see swirls no matter what kinda mitts your using, all you need is some polishing and you wont be able to see them.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:06 PM
Just chillen..

Check this, the dealer I go to , run the car through a car wash at a gas station.. If it was a touch free car wash, it might would've been a different story, however it the wash that has the spinning brushes. However, I know the adviser there, and always ask for him, because he knows my preferences.

Bro, is it Rick Case Acura?!
Old 09-15-2007, 11:12 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
While it is true they are not responsible for items left in the car, its also ~reasonable~ to expect your change to stay there- unless of course you MEANT for the tech to test drive your car thru the drive thru for a cold soda?!

Just making sure the brakes are quiet in a low speed stop and go Sir!

Go in person and speak with the Service MANAGER- call and make appt- they have meetings too- if there is petty theft, there can be major theft- their parts dept could be losing thousands and if every customer is losing 2 dollars---totally not cool

Waiting to talk to customer care survey will net you an offer of a free detail to make you feel better- but wait- wasnt this thread about never letting the dealer wash your car?
Old 09-16-2007, 10:02 AM
07 TL-S

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm sorry you had to go through all that. My service at my dealer is actually exact opposite. The dealer here actually has a lot of class; they washed my car pretty good. Also, one day I woke up and find a nice scratch on my drivers side door with about 4000 miles on my tl-s and well I went to the dealer and they touched it up nicely in a couple hours at no charge.
Old 09-16-2007, 01:13 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 134 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by FL3.2TL
Check this, the dealer I go to , run the car through a car wash at a gas station.. If it was a touch free car wash, it might would've been a different story, however it the wash that has the spinning brushes. However, I know the adviser there, and always ask for him, because he knows my preferences.

Bro, is it Rick Case Acura?!
Rick Case Acura rocks you can also request for hand wash if you're afraid of sending the TL into the machine wash... but it's the same thing... and save time too... They took care of my every needs when it comes to my car... They know I'm pretty particular about my car
Old 09-16-2007, 04:44 PM
vbx
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts
Sounds fishy to me.. You do know that the dealership has had your car on their lot for a couple of months. During those time, the car probably had a couple of car washes.

So it sounds kinda strange that they would all of a sudden put swirl marks on your car...
Old 09-16-2007, 05:07 PM
2016 E350 Sport

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Integra
acura of serramonte actually did a pretty good job on my 07 TL-S, there wasnt any big swirls or what not, there were some tho. hard to notice. of course when washing a black car you will easily see swirls no matter what kinda mitts your using, all you need is some polishing and you wont be able to see them.
This is still unacceptable. Especially spending all day yesterday detailing my NBP 07-TLS. Small swirls or Large swirls are all the same to me. You should never have to spend time covering up someone elses lack of care or skills.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:28 PM
Safety Car

Received 134 Likes on 130 Posts
Thumbs down NEVER let Anybody wash YOUR car

Do it yourself. If you can't find an indoor handwash in the winter, find a friend

with a heated garage and do it yourself. I always take my car in already clean

when I get oil changes, and I wait and WATCH when they do anything to it.

I also tell them to NOT wash it.

NO AUTOMATICS or Anybody touches any of my cars....
Old 09-16-2007, 08:38 PM
Advanced

That’s really disappointing to hear all of this. I’m sorry for your bad experiences. But there are some good dealerships out there. One of the Acura dealers in the LA area, there detailers are hard working Latin Americans who work very hard for very little $$$. Its really hard to keep every customer happy but I would definitely take your complaints to the service director.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:47 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by psheu
Rick Case Acura rocks you can also request for hand wash if you're afraid of sending the TL into the machine wash... but it's the same thing... and save time too... They took care of my every needs when it comes to my car... They know I'm pretty particular about my car
Never have your car washed in the machine. That is a big mistake and if you if your Acura dealer does it then request not to it and do it yourself.