Rear Spoiler option:

No spoiler
rear wing spoiler -or-
deck lid spoiler

Under spoiler option:
none -or-
front, side and rear

-or-

just stick with the Spash Gaurd (Color Match).. I live in Seattle, so its wet ~ 40-55% per year =(

also, does the Ebony interior have a greyish look to it? j/w cuHz i dont want my interior color flat black (since the exterior is Black)..

thX
Old 04-19-2008, 11:15 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EDIT

On a 2007/2008 TL (Base) w/ Navi [NBP]

Rear Spoiler option:
No spoiler
rear wing spoiler -or-
deck lid spoiler

Under spoiler option:
none -or-
front, side and rear

-or-

just stick with the Spash Gaurd (Color Match).. I live in Seattle, so its wet ~ 40-55% per year =(

also im stuck between two interior colors for the NBP.. Ebony or Taurpe..
i would only pick Ebony if it has some grey in it.. can you guys help me out?

thX
Old 04-19-2008, 11:33 PM
Advanced

^^ mind the interior color question.. pretty much made up my mind on NBP/Taupe since Taupe has a light grey look and its a great contrast 4rm NBP =)
Old 04-19-2008, 11:33 PM
Safety Car

Received 133 Likes on 129 Posts
2008 TL Type-S.
Old 04-19-2008, 11:35 PM
2011 BMW 335i

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rear wing spoiler fo sure!!
Old 04-19-2008, 11:39 PM
Advanced

^^ i would get the Type S if it had the BLUE lighting lol.. i dont really like the RED
Old 04-19-2008, 11:43 PM
2011 BMW 335i

Originally Posted by J-Hop2o6
^^ i would get the Type S if it had the BLUE lighting lol.. i dont really like the RED
same here!! I test drove and was about to buy it. the deal feel thru cause the dealership could ONLY due 3k on a credit card and we wanted to put 6k down...but anyway I really didnt like the red lightning in the type S.
Old 04-20-2008, 08:42 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,182 Likes on 1,210 Posts
1. decklid
2. full kit
3. ebony interior

Don't get raped by the dealer on the full kit or the spoiler. Make sure you post the prices the dealer is asking here before you buy.
Old 04-20-2008, 02:38 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by JD TL-S
2008 TL Type-S.
ditto. more power and fully loaded and looks better. but to each his own. good luck
Old 04-20-2008, 02:39 PM
Advanced

^^ thX.. i'll post up prices when i'll go to the dealer.. he'll prolly give me a good deal since imma put 15K DOWN! so far its 1-1-0 on Wing-Deck-none.. and yea i was leaning more towards the full kit.. and about the the I.C. I was leaning more towards the Taupe since it looks light grey and its a GREAT contrast 4rm NBP
Old 04-20-2008, 02:45 PM
Three Wheelin'

2008 TYPE-S in NBP = always a wise decision , def get the A-SPEC kit to really set it off, although be prepared with all the rain that you guys get to have a dirty car alot, and as an 08 TYPE-S NBP owner it is VERY aggrivating!!!, but boooyyy does she shine!!! , Good Luck!!
Old 04-20-2008, 02:46 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by paliknight
ditto. more power and fully loaded and looks better. but to each his own. good luck
yea i know,, but only if there was a switch to switch the RED lighting to the BLUE lighting , then i woulda went with a TL-S without a thought
Old 04-20-2008, 08:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,004 Likes on 1,424 Posts
yea i know,, but only if there was a switch to switch the RED lighting to the BLUE lighting , then i woulda went with a TL-S without a thought
You can buy the guage cluster, upper display and other lights for around 500 dollars and be done with it, and have the cool blue. I would not buy any options from the dealer, go though honda-acura world, everything is much cheaper:
A-spec bodykit (front, side and rear spoiler) 799 shipped
There is no reason to get the mud guards as they come off when the above kit is installed.
Old 04-20-2008, 09:37 PM
Advanced

^^ i was deciding between the Spash gaurds (since i live in Seattle) or the Body kit.. and im ight with lettin the dealership do it since im lazy, impatient and can pay a lil extra for it.. but i still have until early May b4 i make my FINAL decision.. cant wait
Old 04-21-2008, 07:54 AM
Looking for new mods

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
get the type-s......the red lighting will grow on you.

I bought a base 07, so far i have added type-s rear lights and side marker, type s deck lid spoiler, metal pedals and looking forward to quad exhaust.

Get the type s and save your self the regret
Old 04-21-2008, 02:01 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by jguerra23
get the type-s......the red lighting will grow on you.

I bought a base 07, so far i have added type-s rear lights and side marker, type s deck lid spoiler, metal pedals and looking forward to quad exhaust.

Get the type s and save your self the regret
yea im still stuck between TL & TL-S.. the guy above my last post said i can buy a gauge cluster, Upper Display, and other lights to switch 4rm RED to BLUE.. it'll be tight if Acura juss made a button to to switch between the two but yea, MORE power is always a better choice.. but i would like a smoother ride tho (heard the TL-S suspension is pretty stiff) If i get the TL-S, about how much would it cost to soften up the suspension?
Old 04-21-2008, 02:06 PM
Race Director

Received 275 Likes on 159 Posts
Dude, the red light will grow on you...it is very pleasant and easy on the eyes. Plus, you car will actually be DIFFERENT looking than the base.....I personally hate bright dashboards, I always had amber and I loved it, the red is cool and it is not overpowering.
Old 04-21-2008, 02:09 PM
Full of water...

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
yea im still stuck between TL & TL-S.. the guy above my last post said i can buy a gauge cluster, Upper Display, and other lights to switch 4rm RED to BLUE.. it'll be tight if Acura juss made a button to to switch between the two but yea, MORE power is always a better choice.. but i would like a smoother ride tho (heard the TL-S suspension is pretty stiff) If i get the TL-S, about how much would it cost to soften up the suspension?

please dont talk about softening the suspension, its great as is. all you will end up doing is decreasing its ability to handle on the road. with more power you want all the handling you can get. most people who have driven a stock TL and a TL with suspension upgrade, prefer the upgrade.

i would suggest you get the type-s, install the full body kit, and maybe upgrade to the aspec rims.

no type-s, then get the full kit, lip spoiler, and also upgrade to a full aspec(suspension, brakes, wheels...)
Old 04-21-2008, 02:11 PM
Advanced

^^ when i get the 08, imma mod my car in this order:

Sound System
Angel Eyes
TV2Nav / Tints 25-35% / (better alarm system? || how good is the stock alarm system??)
Headrest LCD screens?
New Rims (chrome)
and some other things i cant think of right now..
and Performance LAST
Old 04-21-2008, 02:15 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by TeknoKing
Dude, the red light will grow on you...it is very pleasant and easy on the eyes. Plus, you car will actually be DIFFERENT looking than the base.....I personally hate bright dashboards, I always had amber and I loved it, the red is cool and it is not overpowering.
a few of my friends got cars with RED lighting, i cant STAND IT!! lol.. i like the softness of BLUE on the eyes, and plus thats my favorite color
Old 04-21-2008, 02:21 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by blkaspec
please dont talk about softening the suspension, its great as is. all you will end up doing is decreasing its ability to handle on the road. with more power you want all the handling you can get. most people who have driven a stock TL and a TL with suspension upgrade, prefer the upgrade.

i would suggest you get the type-s, install the full body kit, and maybe upgrade to the aspec rims.

no type-s, then get the full kit, lip spoiler, and also upgrade to a full aspec(suspension, brakes, wheels...)
i only drove a TL so i know how that suspension is.. imma have to go back on one of my days off to see if i can approve the TL-S suspension.. and thX.. u made more lean more towards the TL-S.. but i still wanna switch out the RED lighting to the BLUE.. who could do tha for me?

im askin alot of questions cuHz this is a 30K+ car that imma put a 15K down payment on, so it has to be almost perfect, lol
Old 04-21-2008, 02:22 PM
Race Director

Received 275 Likes on 159 Posts
J-Hope, don't confuse the robust looking dashboards of audio/saab and vw with TL-S

It's your call, I just wanted to deviate as much as possible from the accord type lighting.

I'm sure whatever you will get you will enjoy it!
Old 04-21-2008, 02:25 PM
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
y only thing to say in this is....... get everything! later you'll be kicking urself in the ass.....the prices are negotiable for the parts when u get the car new.
Old 04-21-2008, 02:32 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by TeknoKing

J-Hop, don't confuse the robust looking dashboards of audio/saab and vw with TL-S

It's your call, I just wanted to deviate as much as possible from the accord type lighting.

I'm sure whatever you will get you will enjoy it!
sorry but im willing to make that sacrifice cuHz i cant stand RED lighting
Old 04-21-2008, 02:48 PM
Burning Brakes

well if you can turn the navigation into a dvd player lol then you can most likely switch the lighting to blue. it doesnt seem that complicated, but idk how to do it though. the only problem would be, the lighting on your feet would still be red (both driver and passenger) and the Type-S emblems would still be red. so your car would be black, with blue and red lighting, and red emblems lol. it would seem a bit weird. but my favorite color is blue yet the red did grow on me and looks pretty good.

and i know a couple of people that regret buying the base TL and want to trade it for the Type-S. just search this forum and you will find a couple of threads on this.
Old 04-21-2008, 02:54 PM
Senior Moderator

Now that I notice you age and they way you have been posting, hold on a second. get yourself A 3.2TL. Insurance will be high for you, esp at this age. As well, if you are complaining of the red lighting and suspension, it's not worth it for the 30 extra HP of the Type-S. Also since you are so young, be a bit patient and save the extra money for the a-spec kit and other stuff, otherwise you will kick yourself in the ass when the repo men come.
Old 04-21-2008, 02:59 PM
Advanced

well if you can turn the navigation into a dvd player lol then you can most likely switch the lighting to blue. it doesnt seem that complicated, but idk how to do it though. the only problem would be, the lighting on your feet would still be red (both driver and passenger) and the Type-S emblems would still be red. so your car would be black, with blue and red lighting, and red emblems lol. it would seem a bit weird. but my favorite color is blue yet the red did grow on me and looks pretty good.

and i know a couple of people that regret buying the base TL and want to trade it for the Type-S. just search this forum and you will find a couple of threads on this.
the red emblem is NOT a problem.. i like it.. or i juss might permanent marker the RED parts BLUE, lol.. but yea, the lighting by your feet shouldn't be a hassle to change to BLUE.. and yea, the guy a few post above said u can change the gauge cluster, upper display, and other lights to blue..

and thX to ALL thats helpin me out b4 purchase
Old 04-21-2008, 03:04 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by csmeance
Now that I notice you age and they way you have been posting, hold on a second. get yourself A 3.2TL. Insurance will be high for you, esp at this age. As well, if you are complaining of the red lighting and suspension, it's not worth it for the 30 extra HP of the Type-S. Also since you are so young, be a bit patient and save the extra money for the a-spec kit and other stuff, otherwise you will kick yourself in the ass when the repo men come.

:hmmm: good point.. how much increase 4rm TL to TL-S would it be (estimate).. and yea, i know my age (19 next month) is hella YOUNG.. the cost isn't a BIG thing for me.. but yea, i guess i can sacrifice 30HP and a few other things.. is there ANY cosmetic differences between the TL and TL-S (other than the tail lights and the Rims?)
Old 04-21-2008, 03:06 PM
Advanced

and is the A-Spec kit the one that the dealer gives you as a option?
Old 04-21-2008, 03:08 PM
Senior Moderator

:hmmm: good point.. how much increase 4rm TL to TL-S would it be (estimate).. and yea, i know my age (19 next month) is hella YOUNG.. the cost isn't a BIG thing for me.. but yea, i guess i can sacrifice 30HP and a few other things.. is there ANY cosmetic differences between the TL and TL-S (other than the tail lights and the Rims?)
headlights, tail-lights, interior stitching, motor, suspension geometry, recalibrated Transmission, paddle shifters, 6MT available, Brembo brakes, sport pedals, red lighting, Active Noise Cancelation, Specality Spare tire, reworked from fasica, quad exhaust tips, black headliner, carbon fiber trim, harsher suspension, 20HP more, 1 MPG less, 600 cell cats instead of 1200, and a few other things.
Old 04-21-2008, 03:09 PM
Senior Moderator

and is the A-Spec kit the one that the dealer gives you as a option?
yes, but the dealer cheats you alot, they say front spoiler, rear spoiler, and sides along with rims, but this is the real kit:
upgraded Brakes
Upgraded Steeringwheel
Upgraded Rims 18"
High Performance Tires
Body Kit
Upgraded suspension.

and the dealer charges more and gives you much less.
Old 04-21-2008, 04:03 PM
Burning Brakes

the red emblem is NOT a problem.. i like it.. or i juss might permanent marker the RED parts BLUE, lol.. but yea, the lighting by your feet shouldn't be a hassle to change to BLUE.. and yea, the guy a few post above said u can change the gauge cluster, upper display, and other lights to blue..

lol yah true. you can just change the lighting. but you should consider the insurance cost. im only 19 and im under my fathers name and still pay around 300 dollars a month. so if your putting the insurance entirely under your name then you will be screwed. and if your financing, they will give you horrible interest rates at a young age. so you should be careful with both of those issues.
Old 04-21-2008, 05:48 PM
06 WDP / 07 WDP Type-S

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
get a used 07 S or used 03 S and mod
Old 04-21-2008, 06:14 PM
Advanced

lol yah true. you can just change the lighting. but you should consider the insurance cost. im only 19 and im under my fathers name and still pay around 300 dollars a month. so if your putting the insurance entirely under your name then you will be screwed. and if your financing, they will give you horrible interest rates at a young age. so you should be careful with both of those issues.
yea your right.. i was thinkin about juss PAYING off 6months of insurance anyways.. so i guess i'll get the 2008 3.2TL w/ Navi [NBP/Taupe] and do some mods
Old 04-21-2008, 06:16 PM
Advanced

oh yea, imma put like 15K DOWN, so do u think imma still get the 2.9%?? Im 19 (next month)
Old 04-21-2008, 08:10 PM
Burning Brakes

oh yea, imma put like 15K DOWN, so do u think imma still get the 2.9%?? Im 19 (next month)
well, i put the car in my father's name because of the interest rate, put 10k down, and chose 3 years but still get charged 2.9%. but if you can negotiate a better deal or find special offers then try it. it depends on the dealership. go with someone whos old and knows cars inside out so they know you mean business. because when dealerships see young buyers (unfortunately) they take advantage because they assume we are ignorant.

one tip, keep fighting until they tell you to go to another dealership lol. cuz as long as they are keeping you in their dealership, that means they want to sell and are open to negotiations.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:47 PM
Sǝxy Timǝ in my

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

why not wait and see how 2009 TL will hold up. So far they have one with 3.7L engine with All-Wheel-Drive 300HP. But one problem...you have to wait...
Old 04-21-2008, 09:50 PM
Advanced

RE: paliknigh

yea thX 4 tha tip.. i know they think were naive and ignorant, but i MEAN BUSINESS, lol.. imma try to work some kinda good deal out of them..

RE: SelimUniNoLimit

I need a new car NOW!! lol.. and plus, i dont wanna pay 40K+.. and how gas prices is :puck: and we don't even know what it looks like yet