Need help and advices

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009 | 09:48 PM
Instructor

Need help and advices

This is my first post on Acurazine, i've been on this forum for a while but never post a thread before. I love the TL S & it has been my dream car for a while now. I am looking to buy a used 07-08 TL type S and this will be the first time i buy car for myself. What price range should the TL type S 07-08 should be, with this kind of economy how much low baller i can go for?

Thank you

Vinh.
Old 03-11-2009 | 10:05 PM
DuDeChEwY

hey welcome.....there are alot of threads on what people paid for their recent purchases....especially with the economy you can haggle them down alot....
Old 03-11-2009 | 10:45 PM
Instructor

is there a way to haggle them down? ok here is the list i found and a lot of them is ridiculous pricing they still think the economy is in good shape.

Black 08 6spd 26k miles for 33988
White 07 auto 23k miles for 26990
Blue 07 auto 10k miles for 27999
Black 07 21k miles for 28450 < private seller
Silver 08 15k miles for 30888
black 08 6k miles for 31988
charcoal 08 12k miles for 33000
2009 .84miles for 32000

Thanks
Vinh.
Old 03-12-2009 | 07:39 AM
Safety Car

It sounds like you may want to bring someone with you that knows something about buying cars...haggling is an art. The first time the salesperson senses you are the slightest bit confused about any part of the buying process, you are all done!
Old 03-12-2009 | 07:49 AM
Senior Moderator

^^^^ I did that once. A friend of mine posed as my wife and boy she can sure haggle!!!
Old 03-12-2009 | 07:57 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by LoveMyTL-S
^^^^ I did that once. A friend of mine posed as my wife and boy she can sure haggle!!!
hahaha you'd be amazed how good women can be at that! Those salespeople FEAR me! My husband would not even go with me to pick up the car because he said I was mean to the sales manager. The sales manager actually called me after the sale to tell me I was the toughest women customer he has ever had. Don't get me wrong, I am NOT rude or disrespectful in any way whatsoever, I just make sure I get exactly what I want, nothing less! I just feel that when you are a woman and in this situation you need to be prepared, the salesperson needs to be aware from the moment you walk in that you know what you are talking about and you know what you want.
Old 03-12-2009 | 10:04 AM
Intermediate

I paid $27,500 for a black 2007 TLS with 26K miles about a month ago. I had an inside connection with the sales manager and according to him, that was the lowest they could go. I still question that since what I paid seems to be no better than average price, but I took his word for it at the time.

I'm sure you've looked around the forum, but if you're going to get the TLS be ready for rough ride with numerous rattles. You may be like me and think well it's a luxury car, how rough can it be? Well let me tell you, it's bad. I've taken the car back to the dealership for servcie twice already for rattles and it's still not where I want it.

If I had it to do all over, would I do it again? I'm not sure. In my opinion it's still the best looking car on the road in that price range, but the interior ride quality is to the point of being unacceptable. A lot of people will tell you that's what you should expect from a TLS, but I say no, that's what you should expect from a used Honda Civic. I expect more from a vehicle in this class.
Old 03-12-2009 | 10:15 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by rod11
I paid $27,500 for a black 2007 TLS with 26K miles about a month ago. I had an inside connection with the sales manager and according to him, that was the lowest they could go. I still question that since what I paid seems to be no better than average price, but I took his word for it at the time.

I'm sure you've looked around the forum, but if you're going to get the TLS be ready for rough ride with numerous rattles. You may be like me and think well it's a luxury car, how rough can it be? Well let me tell you, it's bad. I've taken the car back to the dealership for servcie twice already for rattles and it's still not where I want it.

If I had it to do all over, would I do it again? I'm not sure. In my opinion it's still the best looking car on the road in that price range, but the interior ride quality is to the point of being unacceptable. A lot of people will tell you that's what you should expect from a TLS, but I say no, that's what you should expect from a used Honda Civic. I expect more from a vehicle in this class.
the TL-S suspension is sport tuned, if thats what you mean?

if you wanted a more comfortable ride, you should have tried the base model first.

but if your talking only about the rattles, they should be hardly noticeable lol. either that or i just got used to them after almost 2 years.
Old 03-12-2009 | 10:58 AM
Former Street Racer

Originally Posted by vt4lifecuf
is there a way to haggle them down? ok here is the list i found and a lot of them is ridiculous pricing they still think the economy is in good shape.

Black 08 6spd 26k miles for 33988
White 07 auto 23k miles for 26990
Blue 07 auto 10k miles for 27999
Black 07 21k miles for 28450 < private seller
Silver 08 15k miles for 30888
black 08 6k miles for 31988
charcoal 08 12k miles for 33000
2009 .84miles for 32000

Thanks
Vinh.
at least u have alot of type-s to look at and the prices dont look too much. where are u located at?
Old 03-12-2009 | 11:46 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by paliknight
the TL-S suspension is sport tuned, if thats what you mean?

if you wanted a more comfortable ride, you should have tried the base model first.

but if your talking only about the rattles, they should be hardly noticeable lol. either that or i just got used to them after almost 2 years.
Well if sounding like the entire interior is going to fall apart every time you ride on anything but the smoothest road means sport tuned...then yes I mean sport tuned

Even with a stiffer/sportier suspension, this car should have a better ride quality than it does. In a higher end car like this is supposed to be, you should feel the stiffer suspension...not hear it.

I guess I should have test driven the car on my normal commute as opposed to the roads near the dealership which are a bit smoother.
Old 03-12-2009 | 06:18 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by EvoToTL
at least u have alot of type-s to look at and the prices dont look too much. where are u located at?
i located in orlando FL
Old 03-12-2009 | 06:23 PM
Instructor

I just found one tls in orlando craiglist is 15000 miles for 25k. The seller business is buying auction and sell them back. He said the title is clear, does every insurance company or dmv report to car fax?
Old 03-12-2009 | 06:25 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by rod11
Well if sounding like the entire interior is going to fall apart every time you ride on anything but the smoothest road means sport tuned...then yes I mean sport tuned

Even with a stiffer/sportier suspension, this car should have a better ride quality than it does. In a higher end car like this is supposed to be, you should feel the stiffer suspension...not hear it.

I guess I should have test driven the car on my normal commute as opposed to the roads near the dealership which are a bit smoother.
Rod are you talking about the Ride quality or the rattles?
Personally I think the TL-S has really good ride quality, much better than that of a G37S. You do feel the rough roads a bit, but it's not like a shaky butt jarring ride like a S2K.

I agree though, the rattles are really annoying, however seems like the dealers as of right now will at least attempt to fix your rattles instead of just saying the infamous "The Car is designed to rattle" argument.
Old 03-12-2009 | 06:27 PM
Safety Car

well, they are supposed to but that is not always the case. Also remember if the car is in an accident and it is not claimed it may not get reported to carfax.
Old 03-12-2009 | 06:42 PM
Instructor

how can i check if the car been in an accident before too feel and body work. The carfax show it has 5 records. I guess i will check at my work place since its free.
Old 03-13-2009 | 08:43 AM
Intermediate

[quote=MistahSleepy;10633931]Rod are you talking about the Ride quality or the rattles?
I guess I'm talking about a combo of the two. When I'm driving on a brand new road, I'm with you, the ride quality can't be beat. Included in what I consider quality is that I don't hear any creaking or cracking noises anywhere. On the other hand, when I'm on a normal road I can hear noises from all over the car. Nothing constant like a rattle that can be fixed; just random creaking/cracking noises from the dash, radio area, console, doors, rear deck, etc. I just don't get the impression that it's well put together. I expect a solid feel from this car and I just don't get that.