3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Advice about stealership and maintenance.

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 11:13 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Need Advice about stealership and maintenance.

What up guys, I need some advice here because i think the stealership is trying to screw me. My car is TL-S 08

I went yesterday for my 30k maintenance. So I check my maintenance book because I know that at 30k I need to change my trans fluid. So when I go there the maintenance and everything is done and I check what they actually did to the car they didn't do some important thing that the book says which are marked as *.

So the book says @30k:
- Replacement of oil filter and oil
- Replacement of trans fluid*
- Inspection of brake lines
- Replacement of brake fluids*
- Inspection of rack and pinon
- Inspection of (AC,P-S,ALT)
- Inspection of tires and pressure and rotation

But since November of last year Acura send some changes to the maintenance of their cars and they don't do the Trans fluid replacement anymore unless our intelligent cars says so on the MIL, that would be the A1 service, etc..

The service I received:
- Replacement of OIL and OIL FILTER
- Inspection of all the liquids od the motor.
- Inspection of tires and rotation
- Inspection of front and brake fluids
- Inspection of brake lines
- Replacement of A/C filter
- Battery test

So thanks to this forums i know is important that my trans fluid is changed because our cars have some problems and to me is more important because my warranty expires on oct-2011. So my car is on it fourth year and before my warranty expires i want that done because when I bought the car I pre-paid all the maintenance for a cheaper price obviously because it was pre-paid.

But the manager says to me that the only way they can do it is when my car ask's for it with the A1 or B1 service. And she says that now I win more because on the maintenance they do more that the book I have which she says is old and is wrong, because ACURA ( I think) is cutting cost and they dont replace trans fluid, brake fluids anymore periodically for maintenance and they do it when the car ask for it.

But the situation here is they are changing what I already paid for. Because I understand they are cutting cost instead of giving me the maintenance I already pay for. She says that Acura is doing it because is better for my car. And on the paper I have that is the new maintenance guide everything I see is INSPECTION and the only REPLACEMENT I see is OIL FILTER, MOTOR OIL, 2 A/C FILTER replacement and 1 brake fluid replacement at 36k.

So what should I do, go above the manager and go to the Acura HQ or just go to what here on Puerto Rico is called DACO that is the department that secures Consumer rights??

Any doubts that can help you guys give me a better advice ask me and i'll answer ASAP.
Old 04-09-2011, 04:14 PM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Received 978 Likes on 803 Posts
as far as i know there is no mileage/time based maintenance on our cars except for the brake fluid flush which is after 3 yrs and then every yr after (from what others have said), or its every 3 yrs (anybody want to clarify?). the other one is the timing belt service at 105K, but the car will tell you as you get closer to that time.

oil, trans, filters, timing belt, spark plugs all go by the MID. i know there is thread somewhere that lists the maintenance items for the A, B, 1, 2, 3, etc.

yes most of the A and B service is a bunch of inspections of the car. and the dealer will charge an arm and a leg for it. think of it as paying for the "other" preventatitve wear and tear stuff (brakes, suspension, drivetrain).

my dealer essentially says go by what the car tells you. the other stuff, brake fluid, tires, brakes, alignment...depends on YOUR wear and tear of the vehicle.

if anyone else would like to chime in, and please clarify anything if i might be mistaken. hope this helps.
Old 04-09-2011, 04:25 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,770 Likes on 4,341 Posts
First: What "maintenance book" are you talking about that says the trans fluid gets changed at 30k miles? In my "book" there is no such thing as "30,000 mile service".

Second: Drivetrain warranty is 6-years/70k miles whcih includes the transmission.
Old 04-09-2011, 04:30 PM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

see:
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...nance+schedule

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...nance+schedule

^^^these might help you.
Old 04-09-2011, 04:31 PM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Originally Posted by Bearcat94
First: What "maintenance book" are you talking about that says the trans fluid gets changed at 30k miles? In my "book" there is no such thing as "30,000 mile service".

yeah i was wondering about this "maintenance book" as well. my owner's manual says nothing about mileage intervals for maintenance.