Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nav Split Screen and Getting Around

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2004, 03:40 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nav Split Screen and Getting Around

Does anyone here use the Nav in Split screen mode?

I find it very useful as half the screen remains the map and half you can toggle with the map button between directions and turn guidance. (When iut gets close to a turn guidance automatically pops up like theSingle Screen Version).

However the question I have is in order to get the entire DIRECTION LIST, the only way it seems you can do it is to TOUCH the screen on the bottom where it says direction list.

Does anyone know a way to get that without voice control or touching the screen??

Also, is there a way to change the Personal places search for navigation from category to alpahbetical without scrolling all the way to the bottom (again without touching the screen)?

Also I have found that if you are in SINGLE screen mode, you can press Map (1st button) and get to a guidance full screen display.. THEN if you use the joystick and move it to the right or left, you can see the full directiion list (no touching the screen needed)... (However in split screen I cant find out how to do this... anyone know?)

Mike
Old 01-20-2004, 06:13 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Re: Nav Split Screen and Getting Around

Personally, I prefer using the single screen mode, the direction would pop out anyway when reaching the intersections. I really like to have the bigger screen to display my full info.

However, this LCD of 04TL is big enough to display both of them. Just my preference.
Old 01-20-2004, 08:12 PM
Pro

In single screen the turn guidance comes up when you near a turn (or non turn)...

What is great about split is that you can see the map on the left, and the next 3 directions on the right and how long to them...

I feel this gives you a better bearing on how far until you need to do something (or not do something).

Anyone else enjoy split screen?
Old 01-20-2004, 08:14 PM
Overlord - Team Abyss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its all about the split screen. Just my preference. i;m still up in the air about the cream or black map display. I'm constantly changing between the colors.
Old 01-20-2004, 08:43 PM
Burning Brakes

I'm used to the screen automatically splitting at 800km with the bar graph countdown at 400 meters. I should try it but is it that different?
Old 01-20-2004, 08:50 PM
Racer

I also use the split screen. Although the navi will usually say "next left then next right" if two turns are in rapid succession, I agree with MikeRadio in that I enjoy being able to know what's coming up after the next turn. It sometimes helps in choosing which lane to turn into (here in northern Jersey, we've got a really funky turn system and often multiple turn lanes for the same direction turn).
Old 01-20-2004, 09:01 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
I prefer the full screen because the split screen pops up automatically, as noted above. The split screen doesn't look bad, I just prefer to see my map.
Old 01-20-2004, 09:40 PM
CEO of IMHO

Navi question...

Does the map view invert when you turn the lights on at night? It does this on the TSX.

Jon
Old 01-20-2004, 09:50 PM
Racer

Originally posted by JonDeutsch
Navi question...

Does the map view invert when you turn the lights on at night? It does this on the TSX.

Jon
If you set the navi display mode to auto, the screen will dim and the color scheme will invert when you turn on the lights...
Old 01-20-2004, 10:30 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally posted by TheNip73
Its all about the split screen. Just my preference. i;m still up in the air about the cream or black map display. I'm constantly changing between the colors.

You won't be able to make the black map display bright without adjusting your LCD's brightness control, right?

I assume you're talking about the color tones between Day and Night when turning on/off your headlight. If so, don't you feel the black map display is too dark in the day time...
Old 01-21-2004, 12:34 AM
TL-SHAWD 6MT Rocks!

pushing the dashboard illumination to MAX with the button will also change your navi color without changing it in the menu.
Old 01-21-2004, 05:59 AM
Pro

Originally posted by princed
I also use the split screen. Although the navi will usually say "next left then next right" if two turns are in rapid succession, I agree with MikeRadio in that I enjoy being able to know what's coming up after the next turn. It sometimes helps in choosing which lane to turn into (here in northern Jersey, we've got a really funky turn system and often multiple turn lanes for the same direction turn).
In New Jersey it takes about an hour and a half to make a U turn!

Some people seem confused about the split and single screen...

The difference between the SINGLE and the SPLIT is in SINGLE, you get turn guidance a mile or so before your turn automatically.. the screen splits then and returns to normal after the turn.

In SPLIT you can see EITHER the next turn guidance the whole time OR (what most people use) the next three DIRECTIONS the entire time, until you are close to a turn when the split changes to turn guidance. It then changes back to directions afterwards.

This allows you to see in english what is "coming up" and makes driving less blind.

If you haven't tried the split.. try it... you may like it.

However nobody answered my question about HOW do you get to the direction list button without touching the screen... or HOW do you get to the bottom of the Pick a location from personal address to sort in category or alphabrtical order buutton without scrolling all the way down to the bottom...

Any answers?

I don't mind touching the screen as I now have screen savers from strongengineering.com I am putting on this morning!
Old 01-21-2004, 10:46 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you're on a screen with the direction list button displayed at the bottom, hit the voice recognition button and say the magic words "Direction List". walah, and you don't even need to take your hands of the steering wheel.

and yes, at first I used the split screen mode, but I now prefer using single as others have mentioned. You can see the full map and the turn warning will pop up automatically along with the distance till turn countdown. I love seeing the little cursor approaching the turns. Man I love navi!
Old 01-21-2004, 01:17 PM
Pro

Originally posted by timnguyen9
If you're on a screen with the direction list button displayed at the bottom, hit the voice recognition button and say the magic words "Direction List". walah, and you don't even need to take your hands of the steering wheel.

and yes, at first I used the split screen mode, but I now prefer using single as others have mentioned. You can see the full map and the turn warning will pop up automatically along with the distance till turn countdown. I love seeing the little cursor approaching the turns. Man I love navi!
I meant get to the bottom of that.. and mor eimportantly lists.. like to sort by things that are on the bottom of the list.. WITHOUT using the voice commands.