3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My recent not-so-positive experience with an 06 TL loaner...

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 07:26 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My recent not-so-positive experience with an 06 TL loaner...

So I drop off my 06 TL to have them install insulation around my rattling subwoofer and because the dealer was "out of insulation" it was going to take a few days to get my car back and I was given an 06 TL with only 2980 miles on it. Not that I care about any of these issues as I only drove it for 5 days but this car was in horrific ( for lack of a better word ) condition. The first thing I noticed was that the brake pedal must be pushed in almost all the way down for the car to stop compared to only half the way down on my TL which has almost the same miles on it. Under hard acceleration I kept hearing a wierd noise coming from the undercarrige. I thought my sub rattle was annoying but this one had a rattle 10 times as bad 24-7 coming from the driver side window! I was so glad to have my car back. My rattle is totally gone even with the sub level at max and the volume at 40. I just feel VERY VERY sorry for the person that will eventually buy this car used in the future. When I returned it I told the service manager about all the problems and he couldn't care less about it telling me "off the record...this is only another unit # for us...in a few months we will polish and shine this baby up and sell it as is...everything with a for sale sign around here sells...we just twick it a little and say bye bye".
Old 06-21-2006, 08:27 PM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I just had a loaner myself today. I couldn't believe the condition of the car, it only had 5200 miles on it and looked like sh*t. Mechanically it was fine, no rattles, no creaks.

The rims looked like they had been scratched against a wall. There were gouges in the wheels, the car looked like it had never been washed or cleaned inside. Thankfully it didn't reek of smoke, but boy!

Luckily I only had to drive it to and from work.

Dave
Old 06-21-2006, 08:31 PM
Tristate ViP Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lol..I didnt get a chance to go see it after you said it was in such horrible condition. I had a nice 06 Red TSX as a loaner once, nice little car but couldnt wait to get my TL back
Old 06-21-2006, 08:59 PM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
should have taken pictures! lol
Old 06-21-2006, 09:00 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by CL Platano
lol..I didnt get a chance to go see it after you said it was in such horrible condition. I had a nice 06 Red TSX as a loaner once, nice little car but couldnt wait to get my TL back
I just turned in a brand new silver TSX as a loaner. It was an okay car, desperately wanted my car back. The one thing I really liked about the TSX was that the steering was really tight, definitely tighter than my TL.
Old 06-21-2006, 09:20 PM
Advanced

you like the tighter steering? i didnt, and i had the tsx loaner last time too. it reminded me of a civic with leather. i could'nt wait to get my nice and smooth tl back!!
Old 06-21-2006, 09:37 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
I am in a loaner TL RIGHT NOW! lol! Black with Carbon Fiber Interior. Honestly...my car is so obnoxious....I am kind of enjoying the quietness of this thing....lol! It also has about 5300 miles on it....same range as most everybody elses. Weird thing to notice...but they have different gas caps? This one has a fatter cross section or handle. Just had to gas up today. Been in it two days now...tomorrow will be three. This car is in good shape! Could have been cleaner....but whos complaining. It wasnt filthy or anything....

I am very happy to have the use of the loaner car. I smoke in my car....so this has been a bit of a problem....but crap...I should have never picked that habit up anyway...so I guess the fact I wont smoke in it out of mutual respect for the dealer (as they did give me the privilege to use the loaner after all) is only helping my overall health! I would give em an A on their loaner....all good here! (Ed Martin Acura)

And I am not saying that just cause they still have my car!! lol!!
Old 06-21-2006, 09:56 PM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts
You should hear some of the horror stories about what some a-holes have done with their loaners...we're talking about trips to racing tracks and the equivalent of 10k miles of tire tread gone.
Old 06-21-2006, 10:02 PM
CGP Ebony

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I say GEO METRO's be the Loaner cars for all! Thoughts?

I'd love to see someone take this to the track and get the 0-60 or the 1/4 mile!
Old 06-21-2006, 11:23 PM
Intermediate

Thumbs up to MB for not smoking in the loaner. What you do is your business, but kudos for respecting the dealer's car and the next person to use it.
Old 06-22-2006, 06:53 AM
How may I help you.....?

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
You guys have to remember how people treat loaner cars.... They destroy them.... Not saying this is OK, just saying it happens... The people that get screwed the worst are the ones who buy loaner cars not knowing any better....

There is nothing worse than the smell of OLD stale smoke in a car... especially if you don't smoke!!
Old 06-22-2006, 07:43 AM
Advanced

Not only that, but the ones who have their dog in the car shedding its hairy little a$$ off! The TSX loaner I got last time looked like the backseat was growing fur. I know it's a loaner, but shoudl'nt these dealerships clean the car at least? And also, I noticed that they dont even do a pre & post inspection on the vehicle, so I could have brought that thing back beat the hell up. Yeah, I would feel sorry for the guy or gal who buys this thing, unless its a reasonable price. But you know dealerships, they will clean that puppy up so damn good you would think grandma owned it last!!
Old 06-22-2006, 09:50 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by rkphillips
Thumbs up to MB for not smoking in the loaner. What you do is your business, but kudos for respecting the dealer's car and the next person to use it.
Thanks....it just seems like the right thing to do. Integrity.....it is inconvenient at times but should be observed by more people in our society today.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:27 AM
Racer

You would think the dealerships would keep the loaners clean and in proper working order. Many people stay brand loyal and driving a loaner would give them the opportunity to experience another model (ie a TSX owner driving a TL loaner). Experiencing a poorly maintained loaner would only leave a bad "taste" in the minds of potential buyers. For instance, I drove a TSX loaner (I own a TL) for a few days and was impressed with its handling and decent power. While I won't be buying one for myself, I know I'd recommend it to family and friends - something I really couldn't have done without driving the TSX firsthand. I also had the opportunity to drive a TL auto w/nav as a loaner and was pleasantly surprised with the power delivery of the auto (I have a 6MT w/nav).
Old 06-22-2006, 10:33 AM
acura-cl.com OG

one would think acura would fix this sub rattle by now. mine is f'ing obnoxious!