Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My one month after buying the TL review

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 03:01 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My one month after buying the TL review

Hello my name is Justin and I am new to the forums. I'm from San Diego and consider myself a car enthusiast. I just traded in my 03 350z Touring 6spd for and 05 TL NBP Auto non Nav. I have owned the car for a month and this is my unbiased review of it. I am not trying to bash anyone or their cars, just some imput from me.

I traded in my 350z so i could get a 4 dr. The dealership i traded my Z into had a 06 325i and an 05 TL both with the same milage, i chose the TL due to reccomendations by people i knew. I have owned the car for about a month. I really wish i would have bought the BMW. I miss my old 3 series i previously owned, but decided against a new one due to expensive maintenance. The BMW could run circles around the TL. The TL accelerates decently quickly up to about 80mph but then falls off a cliff after that. The steering is light and inaccurate, in fact its scary at times. If you are carrying speed into a turn, it oversteers horribly, its enough oversteer that it overpowers the stability system at times, its unpredictable. I have nearly plowed straight through a turn because the car would not turn. I might try some comptech springs with some koni's and a rear sway and see if that will help at all. The rear deck rattles like hell when there is a song with decent bass. At idle between 800rpm-2000rpm , the engine whistles and wines making the car sound cheap. The leather is not of good quality either. I weigh 155 so is not like i have a fat ass that puts creases in the leather. I tinted the windows and for some reason there are scratches on both my driver and passenenger front windows, their must be something sharp in the door doing it? I have only owned the car a month and its already showing signs of wear. The paint is poor quality. I have the NBP Black and even with some Mcguires gold class wax it still shines dull. I looks almost like it needs to be wetsanded a couple of times. The bluetooth is a cool feature if it would work. I just upgraded my verizon phone to a samsung touch and it won't recognize the phone, i've tried everything. . I don't know..I bought this car based on all of the great reviews from people, and i didn't really kick its ass at the dealership as much as i should have due to the dealer being an old man and i did not want to scare the shit out of him on the test drive. I think it is going to be a reliable car and probably cost alot less to maintain that others in its class, but i just am not happy with the way it drives i guess. I don't know if i could call it buyers remorse, but i am just losing interest i guess. Maybe i have just owned too many sports cars that now that i'm in a 4dr i'm not satisfied.

I've owned alot of cars over the last 8 years. I'm now 24. Some cars worth mentioning are.

03 mustang cobra
02 ford lightning
03 nissan 350z
03 bmw 330ci
04 lancer evo
95 bmw m3
90 celica alltrac
96 integra type r
02 rsx type s

The car is nice looking, but i just don't know if its for me. Will mods improve this car enough to keep my interest in it, or should i trade it in and move on?
Old 06-22-2008, 07:56 AM
Advanced

I'm a new owner as well.........1 week on an 04. Coming from the cars that you listed it's going to be pretty hard to be overly impressed with the TL. I agree with you on some issues but def. not all. Maybe your car has a lot of wear? Oh well, I'm happy with my TL esp. at the price I paid.

BTW, unless you're in Japan or imported one, the Type R debuted in the US in '97.
Old 06-22-2008, 09:04 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
It sounds to me like you failed to properly test drive the car before making your decision. On top of that, the car you bought clearly sounds like it was poorly maintained.

Next time, perhaps you should be a little more thorough in your pre-purchase process before plunking down money on a used car.
Old 06-22-2008, 09:21 AM
Race Director

Received 275 Likes on 159 Posts
Greetings,

TL is a fine car, but you should always be thorough when car shopping.

Your main fault? You haven't visited this forum earlier You would of known the causes for tint scratch and an easy fix for it.

In regards to driving the car, a well maintained TL is a beast in it's class. From my 00TL to my 08 TL-S, this car is extremely fun. I've driven many late models competitors cars, as I get bored fast with cars, from inifiniti to bmw, TL is the only car that listens to you at any rate of speed. Maybe it's the driver.

I want to see you do circles around me!

Good luck.
Old 06-22-2008, 09:29 AM
Full of water...

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
i agree with some of the exterior comments, honda/acura paint isnt the best, but yours seems to bit a little worse than average.

and your "it doesnt pull past 80mph" shouldnt be that either. it doesnt pull at 80 very hard, but get it to like 90 and that thing soars to 120mph VERY fast. my car also handles great, at least when compared to other FWD cars. yours seems to be in need of a brake and suspension upgrade.

the window tinting requires a moleskin install as well. there is no soft material between the glass and rubber, so yeah, those scratches are normal if you dont install something in between.

sorry you are not happy, but i think with a few upgrades you will at least make you little happier.
Old 06-22-2008, 10:10 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,770 Likes on 4,341 Posts
BlackList look at that list of previous cars. You bought a car that is TOTALLY different than what you've been driving for years - 4-door; heavier; FWD; Auto, etc.

1. Your expectations are probably skewed;
2. You haven't been driving a relatively powerful FWD, which is quite different driving style when you're wringing it out.

Most of the problems you've listed (bluetooth, tints, rattles,) are annoyances that can be solved with some time here and good use of the SEARCH function.

BUT, I doubt you're going to be happy. At least until you've got a wife; 2 kids; a dog, a cat, a ferret and a parrot; and a 4-year-old mini van. Then you go get a 6MT TL-S and you'll love it.
Old 06-22-2008, 10:29 AM
Instructor

Learn more about driving before you come in here all grumpy. The TL does not have an oversteering problem. When you plow a corner and it doesn't want to turn you have understeer. I have been very happy with my tl-s it is NOT a sports car. But it is a refreshing family sedan that can handle turns and keep up with the likes of other family sedans in its class.

paint, leather, rattles - those didn't just go bad in 1 month. Sounds like only one person is to blame for your poor car choice. Hope you don't lose to much money selling it and getting the 06 328.
Old 06-22-2008, 11:05 AM
#ForcedInductionFamily

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Should have gotten a TL-S if you were looking for a more performance oriented car

If you've had 9 cars since you were 16, it sounds like you have car ADD like me though. Sell it and move on if you're not happy with it, and take more time with your next purchase!
Old 06-22-2008, 11:56 AM
Registered but harmless

Received 1,102 Likes on 763 Posts
Originally Posted by BLACKLIST
...The car is nice looking, but i just don't know if its for me. Will mods improve this car enough to keep my interest in it, or should i trade it in and move on?
Trade and move on.
It looks like you've become used to RWD bottom-end torque rather than mid-range FWD power delivery through an auto trans. The TL is the quietest vehicle on your list, too, so if you're driving by butt dyno or by sound, that will make a huge difference.

Also consider taking hi-po driving lessons if you are going to consider comparing the TL to those cars on your list, since the TL will leave about half of those vehicles for dead on a medium-speed or fast road course. It sounds like you're understeering too much- check the tires and tire pressure on the TL until you change to a different car- try running 38F/34R on the tire pressure, rather than the recommended 32F/32R. I'm not hard-core, so I run 37F/34R or 36F/33R on my '05 AT.

The Bluetooth in my TL is works very well, but phones not listed on the HandsFreeLink website will likely not work. IIRC, Verizon makes proprietary changes to phone software for its network which decrease the number of phones that work with the TL.

Try a 05+ Mustang GT (manual trans) or Infiniti G35/G37 (auto, the 6-sp manual is not very good- same chassis/VQ series that is in the 350Z). The GT was much too loud inside, and I didn't like the G35's more audible exhaust note or its interior compared to the TL interior. My TL seats look new with 35K on the car, FWIW.
Old 06-22-2008, 12:22 PM
'06 6MT WDP

Since you're performance minded you should have bought a 6MT. With that you get stiffer suspension and 4 piston Bremobs standard plus 0-60 of around 5.9 sec. Add pulley, CAI and RSB and you'll spank a lot of cars out there.
Old 06-22-2008, 05:16 PM
Registered Member

Received 162 Likes on 102 Posts
I have an '04 manual and an '05 automatic. The wife uses the '05 automatic. We got rid of her '96 328i for her '05 TL and there is almost no comparison. Her TL is miles ahead of her '96 328i in terms of acceleration (no brainer there), handling, ride comfort, economy, and a host of other things. And in my opinion, my '04 is better than her '05 because it has a manual (really the way to go with the car), better brakes, and better suspension. Both are fine pieces of driving machinery and we are quite pleased with them.
Old 06-22-2008, 05:28 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
How could someone who is only 24 been able to afford that many high-end cars? Spoiled rich kid spending daddy's money? I just graduated and got a good job as a software develper and I'm only now able to afford a TL.
Old 06-22-2008, 05:34 PM
Race Director

Received 275 Likes on 159 Posts
^ please ignore the above comment. We don't need another bashing thread

I'm a car whore as well, simply because I drive too damn much, but today after detailing my TL-S, I'm in love again.
Old 06-22-2008, 07:55 PM
Instructor

Hello my name is Justin and I am new to the forums. I'm from San Diego and consider myself a car enthusiast. I just traded in my 03 350z Touring 6spd for and 05 TL NBP Auto non Nav.

I JUST (had the TL for 4 days) traded my 07 350z 6sp enthusiast for an 08 TL-S. I had owned an 04 TL and you have some points, the leather in the early models etc, but I fully appreciate the comfort of the TL. There's a little power / acceleration loss in going from the Z to the TL-S, but you're not going to notice it that much (unless you're used to zooming away from every stop (not to bright of an idea when gas is $4.20 and the rear tires of Z are $450.00)). All in all the acura provides more comfort, and excellent performance. IMHO.
Old 06-22-2008, 08:07 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,770 Likes on 4,341 Posts
Originally Posted by Babnik
How could someone who is only 24 been able to afford that many high-end cars? Spoiled rich kid spending daddy's money? I just graduated and got a good job as a software develper and I'm only now able to afford a TL.

Come on man, take a pill or something.

1. So what if he's got money and you don't? Life goes on. If so, he wasn't being an ass about it.

2. Based on the years .... they were USED.
Old 06-22-2008, 08:25 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts
I am not buying the OP.........lol....no one in their right mind would compare a TL to some of those cars on the list...

TL is a fine car if you take care of it........

and what do you mean that it does not pull past 80? I have an O2 CL type S that pulls all the way to the end of third gear with no issues.........
Old 06-22-2008, 08:54 PM
Advanced

Sell tha car 2 tha person who gave u good reviews about tha tl.... lol
Old 06-22-2008, 08:57 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 930 Likes on 612 Posts
Originally Posted by Babnik
Damn, don't hate so much. I didn't own really nice cars from age 16-24, but I wasn't jealous of those who did either. If I'd had rich parents spoiling me with cars, I can assure you I would not have said no.

Besides, the '90 Celica was probably his first car and would've been 10 years old when he was 16. Nothin' special there.
Old 06-22-2008, 09:27 PM
Life Long Acura Fiend

I have had my TL for a month as well. I coming from a Integra GSR with mods. I can say that handling wise the TL is lacking compared 2 my GSR when it was stock, but that wont stay this way for long. Other then that I'm in love with this car.
Old 06-22-2008, 09:50 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 281 Likes on 190 Posts
Must have been rocking a RHD Teggie I take it, since the ITR didn't come to the US until 97...

Gotta agree with Will Y on everything... when you mentioned it oversteered, I was about shocked. It makes sense that it will understeer, about the only factory FWD car I've ever been able to get overseer in was an ITR, minus lift throttle overseer. Haven't pushed this car to that point yet. Give it a shot for us. Go into a corner and when it starts to push, lift and it should rotate right on around.

Last thing, I definitely would have gone for a manual. The auto is poopoo slow to me. When I was looking for a car to buy, I drove a 2006 auto at the local Acura dealer. I loved everything about the car except it felt slow. I found a stick and fell in love.
Old 06-22-2008, 09:53 PM
2011 BMW 335i

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think you should have bought one with Nav. Maybe u should drive it a little longer and if you still don't like it then sell it or whatever.

Don't think I am ever going to sell mine. I like it too much!
Old 06-22-2008, 09:59 PM
Suzuka Master

Hey, as far as the dull looking paint, it sounds like you need to clay and polish it. All wax really does is protect your paint from the elements and it'll give it a slight shine, but it's the work you do prior to the wax that makes it look really good. You only need to clay and polish once a year if you stay out of automatic car washes and don't let any jerk-offs wash it. Check out the wash n wax section of the forum for tips.
Old 06-22-2008, 10:02 PM
Drifting

Received 220 Likes on 180 Posts
The OP should have bought or at least test-drove a 6-speed Type-S to be a within-reason comparison to a Mustang Cobra that was his last car. I have ridden in a co-worker's 2007 Mustang GT auto trans and my 06 TL auto trans. with added swaybar easily outhandles the stang and also beats it up to illegal highway speeds. Perhaps he got a used TL lemon.

The TL is a fine 4-door sports/luxary sedan and can easily handle curvy roads at +10 to +20 over the speed limit so it is no slouch. It's also no compact BMW either- perhaps a better handling comparison would be a 525 instead.
Old 06-23-2008, 01:22 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by LaCostaRacer
The OP should have bought or at least test-drove a 6-speed Type-S to be a within-reason comparison to a Mustang Cobra that was his last car. I have ridden in a co-worker's 2007 Mustang GT auto trans and my 06 TL auto trans. with added swaybar easily outhandles the stang and also beats it up to illegal highway speeds. Perhaps he got a used TL lemon.

The TL is a fine 4-door sports/luxary sedan and can easily handle curvy roads at +10 to +20 over the speed limit so it is no slouch. It's also no compact BMW either- perhaps a better handling comparison would be a 525 instead.
A base TL 5AT is not nearly as quick as an automatic '07 GT. You're giving up 42 hp and 87 ft lbs of torque there. A 6MT Type-S would have its hands full with that Mustang.
Old 06-23-2008, 01:58 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by say when
Learn more about driving before you come in here all grumpy. The TL does not have an oversteering problem. When you plow a corner and it doesn't want to turn you have understeer. I have been very happy with my tl-s it is NOT a sports car. But it is a refreshing family sedan that can handle turns and keep up with the likes of other family sedans in its class.

paint, leather, rattles - those didn't just go bad in 1 month. Sounds like only one person is to blame for your poor car choice. Hope you don't lose to much money selling it and getting the 06 328.
My apologies, i meant understeer, it was really late when i typed this..

Well i'm not definately set on going to trade it as of yet. You guys seem to be really impressed with the TL, so i think i'm going to try and do a few suspension mods and put a nice intake / exhaust setup on it and call it a day.....I would be stupid to get rid of it considering it only has 22000 on the clock and a good warranty, plus i love the way it looks. Maybe some nitrous will keep it from falling off up top
Old 06-23-2008, 02:01 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by CasperTL04
I'm a new owner as well.........1 week on an 04. Coming from the cars that you listed it's going to be pretty hard to be overly impressed with the TL. I agree with you on some issues but def. not all. Maybe your car has a lot of wear? Oh well, I'm happy with my TL esp. at the price I paid.

BTW, unless you're in Japan or imported one, the Type R debuted in the US in '97.
I was stationed in Japan, I'm in the Navy. 96 ITR FTW!
Old 06-23-2008, 02:23 AM
Pre-Registered Member

Received 246 Likes on 150 Posts
Trade and move on.
Old 06-23-2008, 11:10 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well there are a lot of people on here that seem to need to defend their purchase. It's just a car people it's not a way of life... well for some on here maybe. The brand has good performance at a price. People moving from a chevy or a camry will think this thing is amazing. Some others who had a bad experience with an upscale car will say it is a great car as well.

I have owned a few cars as well and have had issues with batteries, brakes, rattles, wrinkles, and tranny isses (all from acura). In the end I think people get caught up in their cars and make them a huge part of who they are. They become obsessed with so many aspects of them. Sure this is a great forum for information.

Some advice

You cannot please all the people all the time.
The car will eventually wear out regardless of what you do to it
Do not trust the MID go with the latest information about the brand and design
Performance comes at a price (tires brakes, insurance)
Don't take it personal
And with gas as it is how many people are going to afford a 35K car and gas it up you would be better off buying something for 24k and saving the 11K for gas. That's where we are headed people (for most people anyway).
Stay away from used TLs if you cannot buy the latest iron I would be leary of anything that is used.
Old 06-23-2008, 11:16 AM
07 TL-S

My apologies, i meant understeer, it was really late when i typed this..

Well i'm not definately set on going to trade it as of yet. You guys seem to be really impressed with the TL, so i think i'm going to try and do a few suspension mods and put a nice intake / exhaust setup on it and call it a day.....I would be stupid to get rid of it considering it only has 22000 on the clock and a good warranty, plus i love the way it looks. Maybe some nitrous will keep it from falling off up top
i think you might want to consider trading for seomething else. i don't think a fwd auto is going to keep your interest. you don't even have the navi to play around with that.

i have had mine about a month too, and while i like most of it, the torque steer really does take some of the fun away. the high roof also makes it seem more utilitarian than sporty. compared with my g35c, i think i have more fun driving that car, but the tl-s has a much more toys, and interior is much nicer, better furl economy, ect. so it depends what you're looking for.
Old 06-23-2008, 11:33 AM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts
I think your heart was set on the Bimmer and your mind convinced yourself to get the TL. It was a doomed battle from the start, go get your Bimmer.
Old 06-23-2008, 11:49 AM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
You're probably too young to appreciate the TL for what it is- a plush, comfortable ride for enjoying leisurely and spirited driving.

Even if you trade your TL, it seems like you would get tired of the next car as well, judging from how many cars you've gone through with such few years of driving.

If you can't turn while entering a corner, you're driving too fast. Slow the hell down.

It's threads like these that I read and think the Acura TL has appealed to the wrong crowd- too hasty, too bling, too immature. It's probably for these reasons Acura has redesigned the TL to be geared toward a more mature, older crowd with bigger pocketbooks. Then again, that's just my opinion.
Old 06-23-2008, 12:38 PM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
between me and you... a 325 cannot run circles around a tl... the thing is slower than an icecream truck..

not sure if the car is stock or what not but above 80 - http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTivHbAalYA
Old 06-23-2008, 12:55 PM
black on black 04 TL 6MT

a 325 running circles around a TL??? i would LOOOOOOVE to see that. i worked at a BMW dealership. a 325 could easily out-handle a TL all day, but as far as speed, the TL will walk anything short of a E90/92 335.

i think the first problem is you have a 5at non-navi. even die-hard acura fans will get bored with that outfit.

you should just sell or trade-in. maybe get something a bit more sporting.

like a 335. those are the sickness...
Old 06-23-2008, 01:04 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cmt1
I JUST (had the TL for 4 days) traded my 07 350z 6sp enthusiast for an 08 TL-S. I had owned an 04 TL and you have some points, the leather in the early models etc, but I fully appreciate the comfort of the TL. There's a little power / acceleration loss in going from the Z to the TL-S, but you're not going to notice it that much (unless you're used to zooming away from every stop (not to bright of an idea when gas is $4.20 and the rear tires of Z are $450.00)). All in all the acura provides more comfort, and excellent performance. IMHO.

I also recently traded my 04 350Z 6MT Touring on an 08 Tl-S Auto. I really dont think the TL is any slower. It may be a little more bulky in the turns, but my Z was dropped with sways and 275s in the back so really you cant compare handeling on the cars. Personally I think the TL-S rocks. It is waaaay more comfortable then the Z, it is quieter, I cant carry 4 passangers now, the trunk seems neverending(compared to the Z) and all the little gadgets are great. But I guess we are discussing a 3 year old TL not a brand new TL-S
Old 06-23-2008, 01:22 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,048 Likes on 2,516 Posts
Originally Posted by odessa
Trade and move on.
, agreed then he can go on the Internet user forum for his then new used car and claim

"The steering is light and inaccurate, in fact its scary at times. If you are carrying speed into a turn, it oversteers horribly, its enough oversteer that it overpowers the stability system at times, its unpredictable. I have nearly plowed straight through a turn because the car would not turn."

for that vehicle.

Many a user on this forum have taken many a high speed turns with their TL's. He makes it sound like a handles like a 1975 Pinto (hey I've even driven a friend's a few times)! When someone over dramatizes the handling like that one really can't take the rest of the review seriously.
Old 06-23-2008, 03:37 PM
Registered Member

Received 162 Likes on 102 Posts
Car and Driver road tested a 2004 A-Spec 6MT TL and managed a .90g skid pad. The same article reported a 0-60 run in 5.6 seconds and a quarter mile of 14.3 seconds at 99 MPH. Try that in a 325i. Ain't gonna happen. And I seem to recall reading in another magazine road test of a "normal" 6MT TL with the better "summer" tires hitting a .91g on the skid pad. For a front drive luxury performance sedan with a relatively small V6 engine, those are all excellent numbers.
Old 06-23-2008, 03:50 PM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts
I bet you still have stock tires on dont you? Do yourself a favor and upgrade them asap, they make A WORLD of difference.
Old 06-23-2008, 11:47 PM
Instructor

Blacklist, good luck with the mods. I have an 05' evo and see that you had a 04' if your looking for that kind of performance out of the tl please save yourself some money it is not going to happen. I don't think that is your goal but it is really going to be hard for you to get out of a z and expect the tl to keep up or surpass it. I can only assume with a stiffer cross bar in the back (give it a more rwd feel) and some upgraded susupension parts the handling should be there. As for power I would guess a supercharger with the necessary bolt ons. good luck fellow VIII owner .
Old 06-24-2008, 12:33 AM
Intermediate

Blacklist- Its really a shame that all these guys on here are bashing you for being so honest. But what do you expect? Your posting on an acura forum. I dont care how old you are and if your spending daddys money or not, from the list of cars you owned i think your judgment is ok. I have the full aspec package on my nbp auto and i have driven the standard version tl as a loaner, and there IS a world of difference. Although, FWD cars are kinda like jet ski's- they dont turn unless your on the gas. I too am sorry that I bought my tl. And I feel your pain. But all the guys on here that are too ashamed to man up and admit the tl has some serious issues for a car of its stature and price class are just immature or inexperienced. Its like "we wont talk about it and maybe it will just go away", but just the leather issues and paint that are going to kill my resale value are enough to steer me away from acura in the future.
Big props to u for man-ing up and saying what needs to be said. Maybe someone should start a "why i hate my tl thread". And after posting this reply i'm sure i will be punished by the moderators. I'm really not trying to be Mr. Negativity but i'm man enough to be ohnest with myself.

You rock Blacklist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Old 06-24-2008, 12:44 AM
No Limitz!

Thumbs up

Hello my name is Justin and I am new to the forums. I'm from San Diego and consider myself a car enthusiast. I just traded in my 03 350z Touring 6spd for and 05 TL NBP Auto non Nav. I have owned the car for a month and this is my unbiased review of it. I am not trying to bash anyone or their cars, just some imput from me.

I traded in my 350z so i could get a 4 dr. The dealership i traded my Z into had a 06 325i and an 05 TL both with the same milage, i chose the TL due to reccomendations by people i knew. I have owned the car for about a month. I really wish i would have bought the BMW. I miss my old 3 series i previously owned, but decided against a new one due to expensive maintenance. The BMW could run circles around the TL. The TL accelerates decently quickly up to about 80mph but then falls off a cliff after that. The steering is light and inaccurate, in fact its scary at times. If you are carrying speed into a turn, it oversteers horribly, its enough oversteer that it overpowers the stability system at times, its unpredictable. I have nearly plowed straight through a turn because the car would not turn. I might try some comptech springs with some koni's and a rear sway and see if that will help at all. The rear deck rattles like hell when there is a song with decent bass. At idle between 800rpm-2000rpm , the engine whistles and wines making the car sound cheap. The leather is not of good quality either. I weigh 155 so is not like i have a fat ass that puts creases in the leather. I tinted the windows and for some reason there are scratches on both my driver and passenenger front windows, their must be something sharp in the door doing it? I have only owned the car a month and its already showing signs of wear. The paint is poor quality. I have the NBP Black and even with some Mcguires gold class wax it still shines dull. I looks almost like it needs to be wetsanded a couple of times. The bluetooth is a cool feature if it would work. I just upgraded my verizon phone to a samsung touch and it won't recognize the phone, i've tried everything. . I don't know..I bought this car based on all of the great reviews from people, and i didn't really kick its ass at the dealership as much as i should have due to the dealer being an old man and i did not want to scare the shit out of him on the test drive. I think it is going to be a reliable car and probably cost alot less to maintain that others in its class, but i just am not happy with the way it drives i guess. I don't know if i could call it buyers remorse, but i am just losing interest i guess. Maybe i have just owned too many sports cars that now that i'm in a 4dr i'm not satisfied.

I've owned alot of cars over the last 8 years. I'm now 24. Some cars worth mentioning are.

03 mustang cobra
02 ford lightning
03 nissan 350z
03 bmw 330ci
04 lancer evo
95 bmw m3
90 celica alltrac
96 integra type r
02 rsx type s

The car is nice looking, but i just don't know if its for me. Will mods improve this car enough to keep my interest in it, or should i trade it in and move on?

Its been a little over a month since I've had my 05 TL/Navi. I love the car! I've previously own a 2001 Nissan Maxima GLE, 1997 Honda Accord Coupe Ex, 2001 Mecury Cougar, 1994 Toyota MR2.

The car is nice. Although there are a few things that I feel could have been implemented. Acceleration is good, handling could be a little better & gas mileage, but my particular car rides well. I had the recalls done last week. I've done several small mods, nothing major, but they are all listed in my signature. My roommate, is headed down to florida tomorrow to actually pick up his TL, exactly same as mine, but with the a-spec package. We are both excited to be able to enjoy the same car! I'd recommend the car anyday.

Quick Reply: My one month after buying the TL review