Sponsored by:

my navi needs updated, it dosen't show the new hiway by my house

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2004, 10:34 PM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question my navi needs updated, it dosen't show the new hiway by my house

my navi needs updated, it dosen't show the new Northwest Parkway
Is there new software available to load up, my TL is only a month old.

White Diamond Pearl
Parchment to keep my dog cool
navi that might cause a wreck someday
Nokia with Bluetooth that will help prevent a wreck
Old 05-31-2004, 10:36 PM
Instructor

You have to ask the dealer. They would probally tell you more info
Old 05-31-2004, 10:42 PM
TL-SHAWD 6MT Rocks!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
some roads take up to 3 years to show up in the DVD upgrades...
Old 05-31-2004, 10:47 PM
never stops!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Peachrules, try to get in touch with Alpine to find who the topographical data vendor is, mostly they'll have a link on their webpage to put new strrets and POI. Put it there and you might get it sooner. I'd done this in the past with Mapquest.
Old 06-01-2004, 06:40 AM
Disproportionate Member

The company which provides the map data is called Navteq. What you want to do is go to their update site and let them know about any problems you're having. I did, and they informed me in Q4 that they will be coming out with a new version which happens to address numerous road geometry issues in my county.
Old 06-01-2004, 07:52 AM
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts
You probably have the latest Navi DVD. Check the version on the DVD itself in the trunk. I believe the current version is "3.30 F". On June 4th 3.30 G will be released but it has no new map information. You can check this out at www.acuranavi.com (this is really an Alpine site).
Old 06-01-2004, 08:47 AM
Burning Brakes

Navteq (www.navteq.com) is the provider of the all of the geocoding and map data to every Navi manufacturer. For some reason, Acura requires that updates be purchased through them instead of directly from Navteq. It's either because there's something proprietary in the Acura Navi software or that they want to make a profit on the Navi updates. Regardless, Navteq updates their data at least once a year, sometimes twice for other manufacturers. It took Acura over two years to release their last major update. People were buying '03's that had data that hadn't been updated since '01. The MDX forum folks were seriously considering a class action law suit. Go to acuramdx.org and do a search - this has been beaten to death over there. I hope things have improved. If not you're going to have a long wait.
Old 06-01-2004, 09:06 AM
Burning Brakes

Here's a test. This is going to be out in the next Volvo update in two months. Let's see how long it takes Acura to integrate it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jun 1, 2004 10:00 ET

NAVTEQ(TM) Maps Offer Elevation Contours to Enhance Navigation System Map Display

New Product Enhancement Now Available to NAVTEQ Customers Licensing NAVTEQ Maps of Europe and North America

CHICAGO, June 1 /PRNewswire/ -- NAVTEQ, a leading global provider of digital map data for in-vehicle navigation, Internet/wireless, business and government solutions, has enhanced NAVTEQ(TM) maps of North America and Europe with elevation contours: graphics that appear on navigation systems' map displays indicating variations in geography along a driver's route.

Elevation contours highlight changes in the elevation and landscape relevant to a driver's individual route. Being able to note changes in geographic formations and land configuration helps drivers orient themselves, particularly when they are traveling along unfamiliar roadways. For example, drivers traveling to the Courchevel ski area in the French Alps could track elevation changes and geographic landmarks, bringing another facet of reality to their navigation experience.

This product enhancement also captures the elevation of landscapes above mean sea level, in meters or feet, at multiple altitude points. Elevation contours are available in Geographic Data (GDF) 3.0 and Standard Interchange Format (SIF+) free of charge to NAVTEQ customers licensing NAVTEQ maps of Europe and North America.

"The map display represents a critical way consumers interface with their navigation systems so our customers know this is an important way they can differentiate their product. Enhancing our maps with additional data layers like elevation contours is another way we are working to add value for our customers," says John MacLeod, NAVTEQ's Executive Vice President - Global Marketing & Strategy.