Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Black Beauty has arrived!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2004, 03:14 AM
.:HALCÓN DE LA NOCHE:.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Black Beauty has arrived!

I'm finally a proud owner of a new NBP/Ebony TL w/ navi. Thanks to this great forum, I was able to be informed extensively on this vehicle before my purchase. I worked hard to get my purchase price where I wanted it. Here in Northern Cali. it's nearly impossible to get it $1,000 under MSRP. I got some good accessories with the price of $34,195 + TTL.

Being that this is my first new vehicle purchase, I feel like I accomplished something awesome! I already put 77 miles on it today, driving in 101 degree weather. I was finally able to enjoy a car with A/C. My previous car's had "hot when its hot" and "cold when its cold" A/C.

I'll be changing/adding some minor detail's to my black beauty soon. Such as window tint & debadging. I'll post some pics as I go along.

I'm hoping to upgrade my tires with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S's or Falken 512's. I don't like the way the currently installed tires fit around the rim - sidewalls seem short or too stretched. A 245/45/R17 tire will give it a much better look & handling.

Now time to figure out how to use/install these freaking cargo net's.
Old 08-29-2004, 03:27 AM
Instructor

Congrats...can't wait to see pictures...thats the color combo I want..
Old 08-29-2004, 03:44 AM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats on your new car, but I have some advice for you for what it's worth. I recently was considering Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, or Pilot Sport tires. After doing extensive research, I went with the Pilot Sport PS-2's. They are simply amazing!! They are the replacement for the Pilot Sport, and although are not as agressive looking, they are a much better tire. They ride smoother, and are much quieter than the Pilot Sport. Yesterday, I got caught in a torrential rain storm, and I can say that these tires handle better in heavy rain than any previous tire I've ever owned...including the stock HPT tire option(RE-030) that came with my 6mt 04TL. Since you live in California, I don't think you need to get the A/S tires. The PS-2's are just fantastic tires...I could tell the difference as soon as I drove the car off the rack and knew that these were going to be fantastic tires and they haven't disappointed me yet.
Old 08-29-2004, 09:00 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by JetJock
I went with the Pilot Sport PS-2's.
These are great tires. My S4 came with the original Pilot Sports, which were great tires. I just replaced them with the Pilots Sport 2s, and they are a much better tire. They handle better, ride better, they are quieter and do handle the rain much better. I can't remember when a change in tires made such a positive influence on ride and handling. Highly recommended.
Old 08-29-2004, 10:14 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by xristos
I'm finally a proud owner of a new NBP/Ebony TL w/ navi. Thanks to this great forum, I was able to be informed extensively on this vehicle before my purchase. I worked hard to get my purchase price where I wanted it. Here in Northern Cali. it's nearly impossible to get it $1,000 under MSRP. I got some good accessories with the price of $34,195 + TTL.

Being that this is my first new vehicle purchase, I feel like I accomplished something awesome! I already put 77 miles on it today, driving in 101 degree weather. I was finally able to enjoy a car with A/C. My previous car's had "hot when its hot" and "cold when its cold" A/C.

I'll be changing/adding some minor detail's to my black beauty soon. Such as window tint & debadging. I'll post some pics as I go along.

I'm hoping to upgrade my tires with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S's or Falken 512's. I don't like the way the currently installed tires fit around the rim - sidewalls seem short or too stretched. A 245/45/R17 tire will give it a much better look & handling.

CONGRATS!! I picked up my new NBP/Ebony yesterday too! Enjoy!
Old 08-29-2004, 12:35 PM

Thanks for the advice JETJOCK. I'll look into these Pilot Sport PS-2's. Do you know if they are more or less in price compared to the Sport A/S?
Old 08-29-2004, 02:16 PM
never stops!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Congrats xristos, NBP/Ebony way to go. Where did you buy yours? I bought mine from SUnnyvale Acura in Dec 03. Have NBP?Ebony, Nav, 6MT, HPT.
Old 08-29-2004, 02:30 PM
CEO, Team Anthracite

Yeah, where did you buy yours? (And what accessories did you get?) In any case, there's a lot of postings on this site that can show you how the cargo nets are supposed to work. Go look for them and good luck.

:gheywave:
Old 08-30-2004, 03:11 AM

I meant to type $34,295, instead of $34,195.

I bought my NBP/Ebony/Navi/5AT at Acura of Concord for $34,295 w/ accessories, which were all-season floor mats, cargo tray, splash gaurds, wheel locks, body side mouldings, door edge trim and fender edge guards. Not quite sure if I'm describing the fender edge gaurds properly. I can take some pics to show this item, so let me know. The car had the mouldings, door edge trim and fender edge guards installed. I told the dealer that I didn't care for the mouldings and extra trim, so throw it in for free or remove them. Since the car is black the extra mouldings and trim aren't noticable, so I think I'll leave them on for now.

When I negotiated the price w/ accessories, the dealer was over charging me close to $1,000 for all the accessories. I reminded the manager that I didn't care for the mouldings and trim. The day before I printed prices from the official Acura site of all the accessories I wanted. I showed them the printout's and asked why so much in the dealer markup for the accessories. After this, I told them that I don't want to buy any accessories, so drop the price from $34, 295. Finally after the salesperson's third trip to the manager, we had a deal which included the accessories.

I also noticed that there are blue metallic flakes under the Nighthawk Black Pearl paint. You have to see it under a certain angle in the sunlight. I think it's pretty cool.

BTW, are both cargo net's standard equipment or did I get them accidentally for free? Also, my leather case which includes the owner manual's fit pretty tight in my glove box. Am I not supposed to put it there?
Old 08-30-2004, 03:45 AM

JOGANJANI: where did you get your "clear bra" from and is it worth it? Also, who applied your tint and are you satisfied with 35%?

I'm thinking of getting 30% or 35% tint all around and debating about getting the clear bra.
Old 08-30-2004, 06:47 AM
Team Nighthawk President

Welcome to the club! I also have a NBP with ebony and I think it is ! Please consider doing a search on Team Nighthawk and let me know if you would like to join. Enjoy your excellent choice of interior and exterior colors!
Old 08-30-2004, 07:40 AM
In the bizarro world...

Originally Posted by 1hottl
Welcome to the club! I also have a NBP with ebony and I think it is ! Please consider doing a search on Team Nighthawk and let me know if you would like to join. Enjoy your excellent choice of interior and exterior colors!

I love the motto in your sig! Love my black TL

Every time I click on your sig, it won't go through.
Old 08-30-2004, 08:07 AM
Team Nighthawk President

Originally Posted by NEVERaDuLLmoment
I love the motto in your sig! Love my black TL

Every time I click on your sig, it won't go through.
Sorry, the website was maintained/hosted by a member who no longer actively posts. Guess he took it down. Anyone with a Black TL and web skills out there????
Old 08-30-2004, 12:23 PM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the advice JETJOCK. I'll look into these Pilot Sport PS-2's. Do you know if they are more or less in price compared to the Sport A/S?
I'm not sure how they compare in price to the Pilot Sport A/S, but they are the same price as the original Pilot Sport, and IMO a much better tire but not as sexy looking as the aggressive tread pattern in the original Pilot Sport.....something they did to make the tire quieter from what I've been told by the salesman at Tire Rack.
Old 08-31-2004, 06:56 PM

I'll be getting window tinting this thursday & will post pics after.
Old 08-31-2004, 11:35 PM
CEO, Team Anthracite

No, both cargo nets come with the car.
Old 09-01-2004, 01:37 AM
I pimp an Audi A4.

so many TLs in the bay.. we need to get a meet goingggggggggggg
Old 09-01-2004, 02:57 AM

LORE, thanks for the info!

PIMPRAVI, we do need to get a meet going.
Old 09-01-2004, 02:23 PM
never stops!

JOGANJANI: where did you get your "clear bra" from and is it worth it? Also, who applied your tint and are you satisfied with 35%?

I'm thinking of getting 30% or 35% tint all around and debating about getting the clear bra.
I got my Clear Bra from Invisiguard for $670 for a full kit. It's worth every penny if you want to avoid chips on hood and mirror and front. I got my tint from Rockymountain Tint in Livermore. I'm very happy with 35%. See my picture in signature if you want to see how it looks.
Old 09-01-2004, 06:12 PM

Thanks JOG...

I'll be getting my tint from either Rocky Mnt. or Tints'R'Us. $100 less at Tints'R'Us and they both use moleskins. BTW, you only have your rear window's tinted right? It looks good.
Old 09-01-2004, 06:21 PM
never stops!

Thanks JOG...

I'll be getting my tint from either Rocky Mnt. or Tints'R'Us. $100 less at Tints'R'Us and they both use moleskins. BTW, you only have your rear window's tinted right? It looks good.
Yup! Dude at Rocky recommended I do only rear and back. He'd peeled 5 cars that week for fix it ticket. I said go by the book. I do not want any :cop: behind me.
Old 09-01-2004, 06:37 PM

I've had previous cars with all around tint when I lived in San Fran & only got one fix it tix. About three years ago, I purchased a home in Antioch and haven't got one for my other car. I think in a big city its more of a risk, IMO. I do most of my driving at night and will probably get all around tint.
Old 09-03-2004, 01:26 AM
Instructor

xristos -

Go with Tints R Us. You spoke to Juan rite? He did my tint with Scotchtint all around 35 %
I have no problems. Ask him about the black TL at Rubens Work. When I first called about my car to do the moleskin he didnt know about if in fact our cars needed it. I told him for definitely sure we need it. I even told him how to remove the window guards without taking the door panel off all the way. He quoted you 250 for all around right?

I have no streaks or bubbles. Even got the tint in the mid rear windows all the way and not just to the rubber.

If your looking to get clear bra you may want to wait. I plan on getting trained.

Good luck!
Old 09-03-2004, 02:04 AM

Well I just got my windows tinted today by Tints' r' Us in San Jose. I got 35% all around with feltskin applied to all doors. It looks really good - not to dark & not to light. They computer-cut all the tint needed to match your window's.

I'll be polishing/glazing/synthetic wax/carnuba wax in that order. I ordered my microfibre applicators/detailing cloths/wash mitts/big blue dry towel from properautocare.com and will be arriving tomorrow. I'm not sure if I sure clay the car before I polish it because I just bought it this past Saturday. I guess after I wash it I'll check to see if the paint feels rough.

I'll post some pics during Labor Day to show the outcome.

DLOULY> I sent you a PM, did u get it?
Old 09-03-2004, 05:23 AM
Team Nighthawk President

Well I just got my windows tinted today by Tints' r' Us in San Jose. I got 35% all around with feltskin applied to all doors. It looks really good - not to dark & not to light. They computer-cut all the tint needed to match your window's.

I'll be polishing/glazing/synthetic wax/carnuba wax in that order. I ordered my microfibre applicators/detailing cloths/wash mitts/big blue dry towel from properautocare.com and will be arriving tomorrow. I'm not sure if I sure clay the car before I polish it because I just bought it this past Saturday. I guess after I wash it I'll check to see if the paint feels rough.

I'll post some pics during Labor Day to show the outcome.

DLOULY> I sent you a PM, did u get it?

You may want to check the manual or do a search here because I think it is too soon to do the polishing. I think the clearcoat needs some time to cure. I'm not 100% sure...