3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My baby got punched in the mouth by a Mustang.

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 07:28 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
Consider your self lucky you were in the car and witness it, if not you woudve been back and saw your car and the lady would've been gone by then and you would've been stuck paying the deductible. Sorry about your car bro
Old 11-27-2011, 07:42 PM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Received 978 Likes on 803 Posts
Originally Posted by JTS97Z28
WTF what person that owns a manual tranny would not put the car in gear OR pull the ebrake up? I have owned many manual tranny cars and putting the car in gear and ebrake is like second nature you just do it automatically. Not surprised you said it was a "she" when the owner came out....women, go ahead and flame me I dont care ;-)

Sorry to see your car damaged, that owner is VERY lucky it wasnt a person that got hit and run over.

James
no offense taken. however i have seen a guy get out of his modded 'vette and his car went a rollin'! he was able to stop it before any harm was done. so there are stupid guys too.
Old 11-27-2011, 08:25 PM
Drifting

Received 594 Likes on 443 Posts
Originally Posted by acura_dipset_tl
I just want my car back to "before accident status". I rather be safe than sorry, You know what i mean?
100% not your fault. 100% should be repaired to exactly how it was before. Good luck and hope it all works out.

Some of my prior cars that were involved with accidents, the insurance companies flat out hated me. I was such a picky picky picky picky person about everything. A Z-24 that was worth $7k ended up with a $10.5k repair bill after 4 months due to the body shop being a bunch of idiots and me being a perfectionist. Each time I got called to pick up my car, I brought a co-worker along to go over every detail.

For most of my accidents that were not going through my own insurance company I was able to insist on OEM parts only. I was not able to insist on brand new OEM though. I actually went through the paperwork the body shop submitted to the insurance company and called them out on a few things they claimed were new but I knew were used.

And the comment about women drivers? Well...I've left my car out of gear with no e-brake before. Luckily it didn't go anywhere until the next morning when I went to open the door and it started rolling. There are plenty of space cadet bad driving women out there....and plenty of men as well.
Old 11-27-2011, 08:32 PM
AM To WDP In My Garage

Received 102 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by RaviNJCLs
That sucks Oscar.
Totally Ravi. Can't wait to get her fixed.

Originally Posted by JTS97Z28
WTF what person that owns a manual tranny would not put the car in gear OR pull the ebrake up? I have owned many manual tranny cars and putting the car in gear and ebrake is like second nature you just do it automatically. Not surprised you said it was a "she" when the owner came out....women, go ahead and flame me I dont care ;-)

Sorry to see your car damaged, that owner is VERY lucky it wasnt a person that got hit and run over.

James
Yeah, she is lucks no one was hurt.

Originally Posted by **WhItE-aNgEl**
Consider your self lucky you were in the car and witness it, if not you woudve been back and saw your car and the lady would've been gone by then and you would've been stuck paying the deductible. Sorry about your car bro
That's exactly what i though. Im so glad i was there at the time of the accident.

Originally Posted by TLtrigirl
no offense taken. however i have seen a guy get out of his modded 'vette and his car went a rollin'! he was able to stop it before any harm was done. so there are stupid guys too.

Well small update. I just got off the phone with the car insurance. Apparently the soonest an adjuster can look at it is the 5 of december. so until then my car will just sit.

I also made sure to tell the claim rep that my car was modified and pointed out that the whole car has 07-08 upgrades, a full paint job, and aftermarket wheels. She assure me that everything would be taken care of, but when i asked her if my car will be receiving oem parts as replacements, she stated that geico usually uses aftermarket replacements. WTF!

After i gave her a 7 minute speech on how hard i worked on my car to achieve/put nothing but the best on my car and a little more b.s. she said that she would note that my current "upgraded parts" are oem aside from the wheels. She also said that i should point that out to the adjuster, and they should be able to work something out.

I guess it's time to look for a body shop, hope that the adjuster doesn't miss anything, and get my baby back on the road.
I will keep you guys posted.

Last edited by acura_dipset_tl; 11-27-2011 at 08:34 PM.
Old 11-27-2011, 08:36 PM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

go get 'em oscar. insurance companies...always trying to cut expenses with aftermarket parts. its fine for some things, but body panels...not so much. my brother might have a shop for ya in MD. he's taken a couple of his cars to this shop somewhere up where he is. i'll ask him.
Old 11-27-2011, 08:53 PM
Chapter Leader (Mid-Atlantic Region)

Received 269 Likes on 225 Posts
If they end up giving u a DEPO headlight, lets pray it creates condensation. When they replaced one of my headlights, that thing would build up condensation every morning. Had the shop replace it 2 times and still same problem. Finally, after proving to the insurance company that i've gone through 2 brand new headlights, still having the same problem, they finally agreed to give me OEM. Problem solved
Old 11-28-2011, 11:12 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 72 Posts
Sorry to see this man! Glad you were there to witness it happen. I wish I could have seen mine when it happened. Someone backed out of a parking space at Walmart and ruined my driver's side quarter panel over the rear wheel. I still haven't fixed it yet because I fear it won't be the same.

My advice: don't settle for less. If you have to fight for legit parts, do so. You put too much time and pride into your ride for second hand replacements.

Good luck with the fix.
Old 11-28-2011, 12:53 PM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Originally Posted by SlimTL
Sorry to see this man! Glad you were there to witness it happen. I wish I could have seen mine when it happened. Someone backed out of a parking space at Walmart and ruined my driver's side quarter panel over the rear wheel. I still haven't fixed it yet because I fear it won't be the same.

My advice: don't settle for less. If you have to fight for legit parts, do so. You put too much time and pride into your ride for second hand replacements.

Good luck with the fix.
this happened to me. the eye sore was too much, it was at the shop first chance...like two days after it happened. now i'm paranoid where i park the car.
Old 11-28-2011, 01:28 PM
Fearless DIY Guy

Received 373 Likes on 206 Posts
Jeez...the 5th? That's rough, O.

Just a recommendation - have your policy rewritten with EVERY little mod detailed. I spent a good hour with Geico when my policy was written, and I usually review everything when the policy renews at months. It's one of those 'ounce of prevention vs. lb. of cure...' situations.

Do you have a decent loaner, at least?
Old 11-28-2011, 01:32 PM
Drifting

Received 209 Likes on 170 Posts
Just saw this thread, O. Sorry to hear the news.
I used a shop in Mt Washington---they did my CSL install and they've done a few of my friends' cars. They did a good job with all of them. PM me for more info.
Of course, my REAL body shop is up here in PA---I don't think you'd be willing to bring her up here, but they do OUTSTANDING work.
Old 11-28-2011, 04:10 PM
AM To WDP In My Garage

Received 102 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by TLtrigirl
go get 'em oscar. insurance companies...always trying to cut expenses with aftermarket parts. its fine for some things, but body panels...not so much. my brother might have a shop for ya in MD. he's taken a couple of his cars to this shop somewhere up where he is. i'll ask him.
I'm definitely going in there with a game plan. I'm not gonna act like an ass, I figure by doing that my chances of getting what I want will be diminished.

I'm sure the insurance company deals with A-holes on a daily basis, and one more will not help. I'm just gonna kill them with kindness, and really make them see how much my car means to me, and give them a chance to do the right thing. I figure it once they look at it they'll know its not an average vehicle. If not, ill lay the law down...

Originally Posted by Twisdit
If they end up giving u a DEPO headlight, lets pray it creates condensation. When they replaced one of my headlights, that thing would build up condensation every morning. Had the shop replace it 2 times and still same problem. Finally, after proving to the insurance company that i've gone through 2 brand new headlights, still having the same problem, they finally agreed to give me OEM. Problem solved
Damn Andy, that's crazy I could only imagine how much of a hassle theater was. I hoping I can convince them to using oem part to begin with.

Originally Posted by SlimTL

Good luck with the fix.
That sucks Slim, I hope you get that fixed soon. I'm sure if you do some research on body shops in you area you can find a quality shop that will leave it good as new.

Thanx for the advice I will definitely not settle for less.

Originally Posted by DeathMetal
Jeez...the 5th? That's rough, O.

Just a recommendation - have your policy rewritten with EVERY little mod detailed. I spent a good hour with Geico when my policy was written, and I usually review everything when the policy renews at months. It's one of those 'ounce of prevention vs. lb. of cure...' situations.

Do you have a decent loaner, at least?
I know that what I though, its way too long to wait for an estimate. I'm gonna take your advice and have my policy rewritten, its better to be safe than sorry.

Actually they haven't given me anything. Im so used to driving my cls for work that I totally forgot to ask for a loaner. Thanx for the reminder I'm gonna call them today to see what they can give. As long as its not a KIA or a Dodge charge, ill be fine. I've had bad experiences with chargers. When I went on vacation to Florida this past summer, my charger loaner got broken into and some stuff was stolen.

Originally Posted by dwb993
Just saw this thread, O. Sorry to hear the news.
I used a shop in Mt Washington---they did my CSL install and they've done a few of my friends' cars. They did a good job with all of them. PM me for more info.
Of course, my REAL body shop is up here in PA---I don't think you'd be willing to bring her up here, but they do OUTSTANDING work.
Thanx Dave, I guess i can look into them.
Old 11-28-2011, 04:24 PM
Green Tea

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
Sorry to see this Oscar. I cried a little. Hope you'll be back up and running in no time.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:26 PM
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
Man, I'm a huge fan of your car too :[
Old 11-28-2011, 09:00 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dammm. that suck. i hope you get everything back together ASAP.. i myself just got rear ended the other day.
Old 11-29-2011, 01:59 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dude- i would have strangled that lady myself. Ughhh!
Old 11-29-2011, 02:02 AM
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by PR_Guy
dude- i would have strangled that lady myself. Ughhh!
Or made her or her daughter give me a bj.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:40 AM
TL=True Love

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
I would understand if your car was black cuz its hard to see it at night, but its a WHITE car. SMH
Old 11-29-2011, 11:05 AM
Chapter Leader (Houston)

Received 1,085 Likes on 810 Posts
^Did you read the initial post?
Old 11-29-2011, 12:49 PM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts
sorry bro....i hope it all gets figured out and u get ur ride back to new....

good to see ur chin up !!! time for a new face lift....