3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Acura Tl Has A Scratch :(

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 06:49 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well I bought the touch-up paint brush WDP from the Acura dealership. No one would let me know which is better. First I washed the damaged area with car washing fluid and warm water. I shoke the bottle vigrously, twisted the cap off and brushed off the extra paint on the rim of the bottle so it wouldn't run. I applied the brush with a tapping motion to the deep scratch until the entire area was covered up. The paint is raised a little but not noticable until you get extremely close to the area. From 1/2 foot you cant tell the scratch was there. I'm happy with the paint. It was very easy to put on. I also touched up my bumper it had a couple of chips. I wasn't going to spend more than a hundred dollars for that scratch. 6 dollars is more than enough.
Old 09-14-2005, 08:37 AM
Safety Car

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by WDP-Acura TL
Well I bought the touch-up paint brush WDP from the Acura dealership. No one would let me know which is better. First I washed the damaged area with car washing fluid and warm water. I shoke the bottle vigrously, twisted the cap off and brushed off the extra paint on the rim of the bottle so it wouldn't run. I applied the brush with a tapping motion to the deep scratch until the entire area was covered up. The paint is raised a little but not noticable until you get extremely close to the area. From 1/2 foot you cant tell the scratch was there. I'm happy with the paint. It was very easy to put on. I also touched up my bumper it had a couple of chips. I wasn't going to spend more than a hundred dollars for that scratch. 6 dollars is more than enough.

the touch up paint brush is good for big areas, I tried the tooth pick suggestion mentioned on here on my scratch, but the paint never seemed to be able to get in the scratch, I ended up using a combination of a touch up pen and the brush to get my results.

I suggest getting this too. It has WDP paint on one side and clear coat on the other.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ACURA...spagenameZWD1V
Old 09-15-2005, 12:25 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a question about the pen with WDP and clear coat on the other end... how fine is the tip of the pen? what happens if i order it and then it be too big to fill in my scratch?
Old 09-15-2005, 04:34 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WDP-Acura TL
I haven't tried this since I don't have a scratch yet, but what do you think about masking the area on both sides of the scratch with the 3M painter's tape (blue type)? This will minimize touchup paint on the nonscratched area. Then after a minute or 2, peel off the tape. This will allow you to slop it on, but after peeling the tape off, the paint is on the scratched area only.
Old 09-15-2005, 06:57 PM
Cold Racketeer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by hcekc
I haven't tried this since I don't have a scratch yet, but what do you think about masking the area on both sides of the scratch with the 3M painter's tape (blue type)? This will minimize touchup paint on the nonscratched area. Then after a minute or 2, peel off the tape. This will allow you to slop it on, but after peeling the tape off, the paint is on the scratched area only.
I heard that leaves a very clear line where the tape edges were that can be seen. It seems that dabbing in multiple coats is the only way that works and it's sort of variable how well it works.