Sponsored by:

Mulitvex mirrors...

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 11:22 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mulitvex mirrors...

Hey guys.. and gals...

OK... a long time ago there was a group purchase of mulitvex mirrors... I don't want to go back to that thread as it was pretty long with who is in and out...

BUT, I did not buy them at the time.. I have gotten tired of that small blind spot with the B pillar blocking my view to the left... so, who purchased them and what do you think of them etc... did you get both sides or only one??

Thanks for you help...
Old 04-24-2007, 07:31 PM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I bought them with the group buy. I bought both sides because I though it'd look funny if I had them on just one side. At first I was very conscious of the different look (they do stick out a little more than the oem's), but now I don't even notice them.

Now as far as use, I LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They completely remove any blind spots, very little if any distortion. I'm very confident when changing lanes, etc. Get them you'll like them.

I didn't bother with the silicon bead around the mirror. I wanted it to be easy if I decided to take them off. Personally don't think you need it, and I live in the NE.

Dave
Old 04-24-2007, 11:22 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dmarcus48
I bought them with the group buy. I bought both sides because I though it'd look funny if I had them on just one side. At first I was very conscious of the different look (they do stick out a little more than the oem's), but now I don't even notice them.

Now as far as use, I LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They completely remove any blind spots, very little if any distortion. I'm very confident when changing lanes, etc. Get them you'll like them.

I didn't bother with the silicon bead around the mirror. I wanted it to be easy if I decided to take them off. Personally don't think you need it, and I live in the NE.

Dave

Thanks.... I was thinking about getting one... but you recommend both sides???

I have seen pictures of them on other cars and the objects in them look pretty strange... and it also looks like the other cars are 'farther back'.. you know, object may be closer than they appear... is this true??

Again.. thanks..
Old 04-25-2007, 08:37 AM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I recommend getting both sides. The "objects in your mirror" DO appear farther away but you get used to it pretty quickly and the wide angle makes up for it.

I had european mirrors on my Volvo (last car). In Europe both mirrors are the wide angle type so I was able to get a driver side mirror glass for the car. When my wife first drove it with the mirrors she hated it. When I got rid of the car she said "you know one of the things i really liked about the Volvo was the mirrors!". So once you get used to it they really are great. I could never get used to the "official way" to adjust mirrors, you know with your head against the glass, I like to see the side of my car so I can judge the distance, it gives me a reference point.

Because the TL is a NA only car (now china too), there is no European mirror glass available, they just don't make it.

If you're torn, get the one side only. I don't think there's much of a price break for getting one vs the pair. You can always get the right side later on if you want.

Dave