Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Montclair Acura

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2003, 07:05 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Montclair Acura

Well, after trying all the dealerships in the MD/VA/DC area, I took someone's advice and called Tom Curley at Montclair Acura in NJ. I ordered a 2004 TL 5AT w/Navi and protection package for $33,800, excluding tax and license/registration fees. The documentation fee was waived.

The best offer I received in this area was MSRP for the TL and the protection package at cost instead of retail. Since Montclair Acura did not have a NBP with Camel, I thought for sure I would have to pay MSRP. But, Tom is not like that. He is the easiest salesman I have ever dealt with!!!

If you live in the Northeast region and are struggling to find a TL w/Navi, call Tom at 973-239-3700. You won't regret it. If you don't believe me, just ask the other forum members that have called Tom.

Renting a car or taking a train up to NJ is a small hassle compared to trying to get a good deal down in this area. Now, as Tom Petty would say, "The waiting is the hardest part!"

Happy New Year!

Mark
Old 12-27-2003, 07:28 PM
Advanced

That where i bought mine from. My buddy Craig works there and gave me a great deal too. Can't say much for there service department though. I already brought my car back for alignment cause it was pulling to left bad. After work had been done it was still doing the same thing. Then today when washing my baby i just realized that they only rotated the front passenger to the rear and did not align SH*T!!!! I am calling on Monday and i am pissed.
Old 12-29-2003, 04:32 AM
Cruisin'

I don't have any experience with their Service Department. Hopefully, that won't be an issue for me when they install the splash guards, etc. Then again, I never planned to have it serviced there in the first place. I was just looking for a straight-shooting, no BS salesman - like Tom. As others have said, he really is one of the nicest you will ever work with in this industry.

Mark
Old 12-30-2003, 08:56 PM
4th Gear

Just stopped by Montclair Acura today and left a deposit on a 2004TL w/ Navi. I dealt directly with Tom Curley....a real nice guy. I called ahead to let him know I was stopping by. When I walked in he offered me something to drink and we got down to the paperwork. $33,800 is the price, inclusive of the protection package, before taxes and registration. Thus far, my experience has been nothing short of superb. As MCM said...now the wait begins!
Old 12-30-2003, 09:12 PM
Outta my way!!

Wink

Well guys, I am glad it's worked out fine for you at Montclaire Acura. However, I'd like to see the kind of results that come out of all these.
I am having slightly different experience with that dealer and Tom Curley (and he is a nice guy), however, I still don't have a car that was promised to me about 2 weeks ago..

Here is my thread on the topic:
http://www.acura-tl.com/forum/showth...threadid=67518

I guess someone has to be dissatisfied with that dealer
But why me?..
Old 12-30-2003, 09:15 PM
Advanced

Well I know who to go see, thanks for the tip!

BTW, what's the protection package?
Old 12-30-2003, 09:37 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
excel131, I was considering paying that dealer a visit as well.

What was the lead time promised to you and what did you order? I am considering ordering a SSM/Ebony/Navi but I need to make sure that I can get the deal I want to get. Getting the car price is indeed a good first step... the next would be to get a good trade-in estimate. If the numbers come out right, I will sign as well. I was just wondering what the delivery date promised to you is. Thanks!
Old 12-30-2003, 10:52 PM
Cruisin'

BTW, what's the protection package?
The protection package can be a combination of the following:

(1) Splash Guards
(2) Wheel Locks
(3) All-season Floor Mats
(4) Trunk Tray

In my case, I ordered Splash Guards, Wheel Locks, and All-season Floor Mats.

Mark
Old 12-31-2003, 06:55 AM
4th Gear

jjtags, curley told me it would be approximately one month.
Old 12-31-2003, 10:28 AM
A.K.A. Karl Hungus

You might make out, considering that NJ has a 6% sales tax, unless you're stuck paying state b/c they tax the registration location. Looks like a good deal.

Question is now how are you going to get it? Are they putting it on a flat bed for you? Or are you going to drive it home (which raises the question of how bad is it when you just say the heck with the break in period restrictions on long drives at a consitent speed)?
Old 12-31-2003, 10:47 AM
Instructor

Re: Montclair Acura

I'll check it out, I am 2 towns over on GS Parkway..

Originally posted by mcm244
Well, after trying all the dealerships in the MD/VA/DC area, I took someone's advice and called Tom Curley at Montclair Acura in NJ. I ordered a 2004 TL 5AT w/Navi and protection package for $33,800, excluding tax and license/registration fees. The documentation fee was waived.

The best offer I received in this area was MSRP for the TL and the protection package at cost instead of retail. Since Montclair Acura did not have a NBP with Camel, I thought for sure I would have to pay MSRP. But, Tom is not like that. He is the easiest salesman I have ever dealt with!!!

If you live in the Northeast region and are struggling to find a TL w/Navi, call Tom at 973-239-3700. You won't regret it. If you don't believe me, just ask the other forum members that have called Tom.

Renting a car or taking a train up to NJ is a small hassle compared to trying to get a good deal down in this area. Now, as Tom Petty would say, "The waiting is the hardest part!"

Happy New Year!

Mark
Old 12-31-2003, 10:55 AM
Instructor

They tax the rate where u live.. Nice try....

Originally posted by silveraccord
You might make out, considering that NJ has a 6% sales tax, unless you're stuck paying state b/c they tax the registration location. Looks like a good deal.

Question is now how are you going to get it? Are they putting it on a flat bed for you? Or are you going to drive it home (which raises the question of how bad is it when you just say the heck with the break in period restrictions on long drives at a consitent speed)?
Old 01-01-2004, 10:39 AM
Cruisin'

I will drive it home. Although I may be wrong, I believe the key to the break-in period is that you don't use cruise control (i.e. consistent speeds) and no hard breaking or accelerating. I plan to just take my time and vary my speed every now and then. I'm more worried about avoiding trucks and stones on the highway!

Mark
Old 01-01-2004, 11:11 AM
Instructor

very rpms and dont go high on rpms..
Actually it will be good for the car, u will be almost done breaking it in by the time u get home..