3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

(MN)Anyone Make A TL purchase in MINNESOTA?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2004, 11:41 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
(MN)Anyone Make A TL purchase in MINNESOTA?

Just wanted to know if anyone bought the TL in minnesota, and what price you got it for. I'm about to make the purchase at buerkle and i want to know if you guys got any good deals.
Old 09-17-2004, 05:14 AM
Intermediate

I justed picked up a 5AT with navi there for $33,200 on Labor Day weekend. I tried buying a couple of months ago, but no one in Minnesota would drop below MSRP. I was finally able to get them to drop some off an 04 before the 05s come out.
- DM
Old 09-17-2004, 06:45 AM
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
March purchase

Bought mine in March at Bloominton Acura. MSRP, but it was a 6MT/NAVI - still scarce - and they threw in the protection package at no charge.

I'd say the dealers in the TC are all pretty darn good judged against postings of experiences some folks have had with dealers from other parts of the country.
Old 09-17-2004, 11:22 AM
Advanced

Thanks for the response.

Thanks for the response guys. I have a hold on a 04' 5at/navi TL and should be here early next week from buerkle acura. He quoted me at 33,995 + TTL. Do you think thats a fair price now that the 05s are on there way? I like that price you got danger mouse, if he could drop it to 33k or even lower, i would definately not hesitate. did you guys get any goodies free of charge besides the protection package?
Old 09-17-2004, 12:38 PM
Pro

Goodies...

Nope, just the protection package.

But considering Bloomington couldn't even keep a 6MT on the lot that they even gave me the protection package was noteworthly. Buerkle wouldn't do that for me at the time.
And Bloomington went to the effort of tracking down and dealer trading for exactly the vehicle I wanted, again Buerkle didn't even offer.

That was just as well since Bloomington is far more convenient for me to get to living south of the TC.

Considering that the days inventory on the TL is less than 21 days, any discount you get, even on an '04, is a good deal.
Old 09-17-2004, 03:23 PM
Intermediate

No goodies with mine. The car itself is fine for me.
Old 09-17-2004, 08:33 PM
Advanced

KOSH> I went with buerkle because he responded to me first and was willing to track the car down for me, which he did. Bloomington didn't respond to me a week later and white bear was also very slow to take action. I hope I can get a Good price, I atleast want to get Close to DMs price. I'll let you guys know how I do with the negotiating. Should have it next week sometime. can't wait.
Old 09-18-2004, 08:09 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I talked to the White Bear, Buerkle and Bloomington dealers.
I got the best price from Bloomington.

I also tried a couple of out-of-state dealers but nothing was do-able.
Old 09-18-2004, 08:20 AM
Intermediate

I believe Bloomington and White Bear are both Luther dealers, so I think you will get the same results with either. I actually had a deposit down on a 05 at Bloomington, but I felt they weren't trying hard enough to sell me a car. I had started shopping in June and I told them I wanted one as soon as possible, but if they weren't going to go below MSRP, I would wait for the 05. Then when I did get a deposit to them, they told me I would have to wait for the second allocation, which irritated me some more. They would never initiate contact with me, even though they had the exact car I was looking for on their showroom floor. I would have expected as we got closer to the 05's that they would try to make a deal on that 04. Didn't happen. That is when I called Buerkle and we were able to work out a deal on their 04. Of course I told them I had the deposit down at Bloomington. That might have motivated them a little more.
Old 09-18-2004, 08:36 AM
Instructor

I bought mine nearly a year ago at Bloomington and since it was a new model and in short supply, I paid sticker. Bloomington Acura's service has been excellent by replacing my EL 42s with Michelin Pilot Sport A/Ss at no charge because there was no other soln. as of last fall. In addition they had my rear WDP bumper repainted due to poor color match, no questions asked.
Old 09-18-2004, 09:16 AM
Pro

I was negotiating at the end of July, and I got the best price for the car from Bloomington. However, they were still much higher than what I wanted.

I wound up going to Chicago to get the car. I flew down there 9-4-04, the dealership arranged for a towncar to pick me up, got the car and drove home.

I got the 04 TL w/ navi for $32900 + $150 plane ticket w/splash guards and all season mats. Like I said, I negotiated this deal far in advance of pickup(I had to close on a house before I could get it), so I suspect you could do even better now. I saved over $1500 at the time by spending one afternoon in the car (which I rather enjoyed).

Good Luck.
Old 09-18-2004, 09:19 AM
Pro

Rivalry...

That is when I called Buerkle and we were able to work out a deal on their 04. Of course I told them I had the deposit down at Bloomington. That might have motivated them a little more.
Oh yes. There is a definitely rivalry between Buerkle and Bloomington (probably White Bear too).

The day I test drove a TL, as we were leaving the dealer lot, a NBP TL drove by on Lyndale Ave. When the salesman I was with saw the Buerkle name on the back end of that TL he made a remark and from the tone of his voice it was apparent there is a definite rivalry between the two dealers.

I imagine Buerkle gets some preferential treatment from AHM since they are an exclusive Acura store and the other two stores are duals selling other brands. Could be that Bloomington is less responsive because they have less inventory to work with giving Buerkle an edge at this time.

When I was shopping, Buerkle was the first to respond to my e-mail but didn't follow through on the price or dealer search aspects, the opposite of Danger Mouse's experience.
It looks like, as with most things, that timing is everything and experiences aren't always consistent.

My experience with Bloomington's service and parts department has been quite positive too.
Old 09-19-2004, 08:27 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Danger Mouse
I believe Bloomington and White Bear are both Luther dealers, so I think you will get the same results with either.
True they have the same owner, but I got different price quotes with the exact same request. It does pay to shop around.
Old 09-19-2004, 08:38 AM
Advanced

Lots of good info guys, thanks.
Old 09-20-2004, 01:00 AM
Masters

i got mine at white bear

thier customer service is #1...went to both bloomington and buerkle...and worst experience at buerkle...well, i guess it all depends on the sales rep. If you get a NBP in Blaine i might mistake it for mine and jack it . What color TL's do you guys have btw?
Old 09-20-2004, 09:50 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by calvin0016
What color TL's do you guys have btw?
I have a Silver with Ebony interior. I was going to go Anthracite, but my wife liked Silver better, and there already is an Anthracite in the area.