Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Might Get Bashed.. But I Don't Care lol

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 11:08 PM
Coolest Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Might Get Bashed.. But I Don't Care lol

Was wondering about everybody's opinions on undercar-led kits? I know some will think its cheezy (probably most) but i just wanted to see what others thought.. If any 3g'ers have em installed - post pics please!

- Darian
Old 04-04-2010, 11:11 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Yea, not a good thing-in my opinion.

National Acura Meet-June 6th/Kansas City. Click here for details and to sign up!
Old 04-04-2010, 11:12 PM
Newb

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Too much work for a rice mod that only shows when you get in/out of the car.
Old 04-04-2010, 11:13 PM
Coolest Member

thanks for the reply..think this'll end up gettin locked? lol
Old 04-04-2010, 11:13 PM
Coolest Member

Originally Posted by spicynoodle116
Too much work for a rice mod that only shows when you get in/out of the car.
what if hooked to a switch?
Old 04-04-2010, 11:14 PM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Just search for puddle lights. You'll be able to find some pics.
Old 04-04-2010, 11:15 PM
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
lol do it if you like it u dont need us to tell you what to do or do you ?
Old 04-04-2010, 11:15 PM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Here's one:

Old 04-04-2010, 11:16 PM
Coolest Member

Originally Posted by cleptosis
lol do it if you like it u dont need us to tell you what to do or do you ?
i mean, i like it.. i just wanna see what others think, and if they have it, i wanted to see pics.. mostly this is a pic request i guess.. lol
Old 04-04-2010, 11:18 PM
'13 Hyundai Sonata

Received 98 Likes on 90 Posts
No it will remain open.

IMO underglow aka neon lighting is so 1995.
Old 04-04-2010, 11:22 PM
Coolest Member

Originally Posted by TLin401
No it will remain open.

IMO underglow aka neon lighting is so 1995.
i can understand where youre coming from..
Old 04-04-2010, 11:23 PM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

More:

Old 04-04-2010, 11:27 PM
Coolest Member

Originally Posted by princelybug
More:

puddle lights look pretty good.. theyre real unique looking..thanks princelybug
Old 04-04-2010, 11:31 PM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

^
yw.
Old 04-04-2010, 11:58 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
dont drive with them on or have them on while sitting on a public street- cops frown heavily on them, love to harass bikers with engine lighting on when riding too

dont use blue or they will take a major interest in you

hey a poet and didnt know it!
Old 04-05-2010, 01:00 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
^ but it did rhyme
Old 04-05-2010, 02:09 AM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
IMO, I don't believe undercarriage lighting is rice at all. I do despise underbody kits with the unlit tubes easily visible in the daytime pertruding from under the car and having them on while driving. I already have white puddle lights running to the courtesies but in the future, plan on adding some blue puddle lights to my old StreetGlow music interface and double-sided taping it to the the sub magnet, strictly for shows and parking lot pimping (which loosely translates to me flipping them on between the time I pull into the Wal-Mart parking until the time I park as I run inside to pick up "stuff" for the wife). I know, OP, they you came here looking for pics but you may not find any since members who do have some probably won't post out of fear of being flamed. If I had some, I'd post them. Screw comformity & groupthinking. Do you but clean and with class.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:16 AM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Originally Posted by ciscopath
IMO, I don't believe undercarriage lighting is rice at all. I do despise underbody kits with the unlit tubes easily visible in the daytime pertruding from under the car and having them on while driving. I already have white puddle lights running to the courtesies but in the future, plan on adding some blue puddle lights to my old StreetGlow music interface and double-sided taping it to the the sub magnet, strictly for shows and parking lot pimping (which loosely translates to me flipping them on between the time I pull into the Wal-Mart parking until the time I park as I run inside to pick up "stuff" for the wife). I know, OP, they you came here looking for pics but you may not find any since members who do have some probably won't post out of fear of being flamed. If I had some, I'd post them. Screw comformity & groupthinking. Do you but clean and with class.
vvv:

Here's one:

More:

Old 04-05-2010, 02:48 AM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I honestly think a white neon tube down each side hooked up to the courtesy lights would look better than puddle lights. Think of it as one big consistent puddle light. But I would not go further than that.
Old 04-05-2010, 03:00 AM
Racer

I'm not quite sure why you quoted that one line from my post because as I'm sure you read, I have puddle lights as well. What the OP asked about was undercar-led kits (ya know, colors other than just WHITE) which none of your photos present. I only gather this from what the OP wrote AFTER you posted your pics:

i mean, i like it.. i just wanna see what others think, and if they have it, i wanted to see pics.. mostly this is a pic request i guess.. lol

Noticed he said this IS a pic request, not WAS because apparently even with your plethora of photos of only white puddle lights, he still hasn't seen specifically what he's looking for. Does "i mean, i like it" sound like he's completely sold on just this method? And if you're pointing out the "flamed" portion, there's no way to convince me or anyone that every single member here from all walks of life, collectively believe that if it's not white and in a puddle light setup, it's not acceptable. So either members who do have don't post or those who do want them don't tell because as much credit as we give the human race, some people still feel the need to NOT go against the grain to fit in. If I'm talking out my ass, so be it but let me check the current score.

People who flame undercar kits: 1
An actual photo on this site of a kit: 0

Last edited by ciscopath; 04-05-2010 at 03:05 AM.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:39 AM
Coolest Member

I'm not quite sure why you quoted that one line from my post because as I'm sure you read, I have puddle lights as well. What the OP asked about was undercar-led kits (ya know, colors other than just WHITE) which none of your photos present. I only gather this from what the OP wrote AFTER you posted your pics:

Noticed he said this IS a pic request, not WAS because apparently even with your plethora of photos of only white puddle lights, he still hasn't seen specifically what he's looking for. Does "i mean, i like it" sound like he's completely sold on just this method? And if you're pointing out the "flamed" portion, there's no way to convince me or anyone that every single member here from all walks of life, collectively believe that if it's not white and in a puddle light setup, it's not acceptable. So either members who do have don't post or those who do want them don't tell because as much credit as we give the human race, some people still feel the need to NOT go against the grain to fit in. If I'm talking out my ass, so be it but let me check the current score.

People who flame undercar kits: 1
An actual photo on this site of a kit: 0
Lol, what he said is correct.. I'm looking for more of a whole LED tube or strip that goes under the car - although the puddles look pretty sick too.. I'm just looking for something a little different to make my girl go "oooh" and people around town go "thats pretty sick bro".. Remember I am only 17 lol, so being called a ricer or gay or whatever you wanna call me, doesnt bother me.. lol.. But - ciscopath - thanks for the reply.. Mebmers need to MAN UP and post their pics.. cause I highly doubt not one member on AZ doesnt have an undercar kit..
Old 04-05-2010, 10:42 AM
Avant Garde Wheels

Received 348 Likes on 291 Posts
*sigh*....

boy do i miss my 2G....

haha, that was before curtains.... lol
Old 04-05-2010, 11:14 AM
Under construction

Received 96 Likes on 68 Posts
i came here to bash...
Old 04-05-2010, 11:19 AM
Coolest Member

Originally Posted by alexSU
i came here to bash...
Old 04-05-2010, 12:01 PM
2007 TL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
just dont...spend your money on an intake or tint...something other than this.
Old 04-05-2010, 12:03 PM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts
well i had the underbody led kit....and took it off....looked good for a while....got couple tickets....turned a lotta heads but since i was slammed and my work parking lot had speed bumps....ended up busting the one on the side....i thought i will fix it and rock it....but then saw a civic with a fart can and underbody led kit....took it offfff the same night !!!

planning on doing the puddle lights thow !!!
Old 04-05-2010, 02:50 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,991 Likes on 1,414 Posts
Underbody Neon doesn't look good on a car like the TL, more so when the car is moving and they are on. The only thing that would work are Puddle lights for a more VIP look so you don't step into a puddle or something when walking to your car at night.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:52 PM
Area on my XM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
I like the puddle lights, but I really have no desire to do the install. So it'll probably never happen. My loss for being frickin' lazy.

I say, "Go for it!"
Old 04-05-2010, 03:34 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,181 Likes on 1,210 Posts
Originally Posted by KiNG07
Was wondering about everybody's opinions on undercar-led kits?

- Darian
is my thought on it.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by csmeance
Underbody Neon doesn't look good on a car like the TL, more so when the car is moving and they are on. The only thing that would work are Puddle lights for a more VIP look so you don't step into a puddle or something when walking to your car at night.
i never knew thats the main reason for puddle lights !!! Thanks for the info LOL !!!
Old 04-05-2010, 04:19 PM
Coolest Member

Originally Posted by TheDanger
just dont...spend your money on an intake or tint...something other than this.

already got both lol... :\ and dont say lower it-cause ive done that too lol
Old 04-05-2010, 04:20 PM
Coolest Member

Originally Posted by swoosh
i never knew thats the main reason for puddle lights !!! Thanks for the info LOL !!!

me either hahah.. but swoosh - do you have pics of when you had the kit on your car??
Old 04-05-2010, 04:22 PM

hey man u dont mind getting bashed i do....i had some pix up and it messed my rep up LOL !!! PM me ur email address....will mail em to you LOL !!!
Old 04-05-2010, 05:49 PM
Racer

Just to present ya with another option other than tubes. Here's what I had before the puddles:
Waterproof SMD Bar

Surface Mount LED Bars are water-proof, obviously a lower profile than a tube, and with the connections on the end, can be daisy-chained. It takes 6 (3 per side) to fill up the entire sideskirts. If you want gaps between the lights, get the cable extensions. Got one for free if you want it. And when I say gaps, I mean between the individual "whole" bars. If you go the route of halfening an actual bar, you're now entering the realm of SOLDERING which is easy if you have experience but still tedious for anyone who solders. Removing the sideskirt is simple enough. Under the skirts is what I consider the "divisible line" where the paint ends leaving only the raw black plastic of the skirt. Mount them at least two inches from the paint line or further and they're completely invisible unless you get down on your hands and knees. Only drilling you have to do is for the plastic clips the bars snap into which is two at each end but drillbits go thru the skirts like butter so no worries there. Just measure right the first time. And once the bars are in, it'll take something like a butterknife to jimmy those suckers free. The light output is awesome and for clean up, just run a wet towel along each bar whenever you wash your car and that's it.

May be able to find them cheaper versions other than Oznium but it's what i've used for a decade and what I trust. Of course, S/H is cheaper when you buy them all at once. You may say "I can get a tube kit with 8 tubes for the price of 6 of theses". Granted, but think about how much cleaner the look will be, better the light output will be, and easier these are to maintain other than wonder if you have any cracked tubes.

Why no photos? Heck, I was one of those people who actually was "sold" after I saw bzyrice's puddles. Had the bars on for less than a week then sent them back to exchange for a puddle setup. Messed-up part is that I did a complete photo documentation of the bars. Maybe I can scrounge up the pics.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:22 PM
Coolest Member

hey man u dont mind getting bashed i do....i had some pix up and it messed my rep up LOL !!! PM me ur email address....will mail em to you LOL !!!
lmaoo! my email is darianking7@yahoo.com.. lmfao.. thanks swoosh
Old 04-05-2010, 07:23 PM
Coolest Member

Just to present ya with another option other than tubes. Here's what I had before the puddles:
Waterproof SMD Bar

Surface Mount LED Bars are water-proof, obviously a lower profile than a tube, and with the connections on the end, can be daisy-chained. It takes 6 (3 per side) to fill up the entire sideskirts. If you want gaps between the lights, get the cable extensions. Got one for free if you want it. And when I say gaps, I mean between the individual "whole" bars. If you go the route of halfening an actual bar, you're now entering the realm of SOLDERING which is easy if you have experience but still tedious for anyone who solders. Removing the sideskirt is simple enough. Under the skirts is what I consider the "divisible line" where the paint ends leaving only the raw black plastic of the skirt. Mount them at least two inches from the paint line or further and they're completely invisible unless you get down on your hands and knees. Only drilling you have to do is for the plastic clips the bars snap into which is two at each end but drillbits go thru the skirts like butter so no worries there. Just measure right the first time. And once the bars are in, it'll take something like a butterknife to jimmy those suckers free. The light output is awesome and for clean up, just run a wet towel along each bar whenever you wash your car and that's it.

May be able to find them cheaper versions other than Oznium but it's what i've used for a decade and what I trust. Of course, S/H is cheaper when you buy them all at once. You may say "I can get a tube kit with 8 tubes for the price of 6 of theses". Granted, but think about how much cleaner the look will be, better the light output will be, and easier these are to maintain other than wonder if you have any cracked tubes.

Why no photos? Heck, I was one of those people who actually was "sold" after I saw bzyrice's puddles. Had the bars on for less than a week then sent them back to exchange for a puddle setup. Messed-up part is that I did a complete photo documentation of the bars. Maybe I can scrounge up the pics.
that looks like it would be a real clean set-up.. id just like to see how bright they would be, so if you do find picture..post em up if you dont mind bro.. thanks .. also, do they have em where you can change the color?
Old 04-05-2010, 07:24 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The puddle lights are sick. If you think that's rice then IDK. Only for a second til they fade with the dome lights, not to keep them on. Those pictures made me want to do the puddle lights now ahha.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:45 PM
Racer

that looks like it would be a real clean set-up.. id just like to see how bright they would be, so if you do find picture..post em up if you dont mind bro.. thanks .. also, do they have em where you can change the color?
I'll try to find photos of the ones i had installed on the TL. In the meantime, to see the light output, click on the link in my previous post and view the photos of other people's rides. In fact, go thru the site and check all the lighting options from individual LEDs to wheel well setups
Old 04-05-2010, 08:34 PM

lmaoo! my email is darianking7@yahoo.com.. lmfao.. thanks swoosh
you bet check ur email !!!
Old 04-05-2010, 08:58 PM
Coolest Member

you bet check ur email !!!

dude.. those look good to me! i think youve made my decision lol