3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Mid height" spoiler, is there such a thing (in the afttermarket) for the TL?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2005, 03:28 PM
tgt
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"Mid height" spoiler, is there such a thing (in the afttermarket) for the TL?

Originally I really liked the wing.....but now, after searching, reading, looking at pics, etc., I'm leaning more towards the lip (aka - deck lid) spoiler. Does anyone know any aftermarket spoilers that exist that are slightly larger than the lip, but not as large as the wing (kind of a mid height...or even just SLIGHTL thicker than the lip would be perfect)?

Thanks for any help,
Travis
Old 01-23-2005, 03:56 PM
Shift_faster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As far as I know, I don't think you have any spoilers specifically for the TL that are between the decklid & the wing.

Unless you go with some universal spoiler that "might" fit. I have the wing, and I like it, but the decklid is also very attractive.

OR, you could go for two decklids...one on top of the other...
Old 01-23-2005, 04:15 PM
tgt
Instructor

Originally Posted by PoochaKannInc
As far as I know, I don't think you have any spoilers specifically for the TL that are between the decklid & the wing.

Unless you go with some universal spoiler that "might" fit. I have the wing, and I like it, but the decklid is also very attractive.

OR, you could go for two decklids...one on top of the other...
Thanks for your reply.

Not to get off subject, but how are you liking the Comptech SS? I'm eyeing that as well, and will probably be placing an order. I know you put it in a few months ago...still enjoying it? Stock or aftermarket knob?

Thanks,
Travis
Old 01-23-2005, 04:23 PM
Shift_faster

Love it. Its my first experience with a short shifter. The effort is slightly higher. I know the first couple of days, I was pushing it into gears, but its been over a month, and I don't notice the effort anymore.

One of my friends still notices the difference in effort, because she drives my car once in a while, but not as much as I do so the difference is apparent. Comptech claims a 38% reduction in throws & I believe it. It is definitely noticeable, I love that first to second shift and second to third shift where the tire chirp is more apparent.

So far, I just have the stock knob. Haven't seen any simple MOMO knobs that I like. Most are huge looking contraptions. I want a simple round knob w/ leather/aluminum.
Old 01-23-2005, 04:40 PM
tgt
Instructor

Originally Posted by PoochaKannInc
Love it. Its my first experience with a short shifter. The effort is slightly higher. I know the first couple of days, I was pushing it into gears, but its been over a month, and I don't notice the effort anymore.

One of my friends still notices the difference in effort, because she drives my car once in a while, but not as much as I do so the difference is apparent. Comptech claims a 38% reduction in throws & I believe it. It is definitely noticeable, I love that first to second shift and second to third shift where the tire chirp is more apparent.

So far, I just have the stock knob. Haven't seen any simple MOMO knobs that I like. Most are huge looking contraptions. I want a simple round knob w/ leather/aluminum.
'Slightly higher' effort I can handle, can you compare it to any other cars?

I hear what you're saying on the knob. I too, would be looking for something simple with leather and aluminum (need the leather for the cold weather climate). I've been checking out a couple of the MOMO spheres and they have a couple of pretty clean units, however spendy.

-Travis
Old 05-06-2005, 11:05 AM
ITL
I do my own work.

Any desire for a shorter lever?

I know the shift kit only reduces throws, not the actual height of the lever...this is my first standard tranny, so I'm not very familiar with quality of an "add-on" shift kit versus a replacement lever; though I realize they ultimately yield the same end result.
Old 05-06-2005, 04:59 PM
To punish and enslave

i think the wing looks a lot better, maybe because im way younger than most in the site....