Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A Message to DCH Montclair Acura

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2005, 07:17 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
A Message to DCH Montclair Acura

Hey....DCH Montclair...i don't mean for this to be a slam, but i got my car serviced from you guys, coming from acura of denville which was absolutely terrible service. and i come to you guys and im not so impressed, me being only 17 i can KIND OF see why u wouldn't take my service requests so seriously but still i was very disappointed. my car needed an alignment i tell them it vears to the left at 50+ mph and its very annoying..and they tell me its not veering to the left and it dosn't need an alignment. i take it to a local body shop nearby and i tell them the same problem and they fix it and it no longer vears to the left at 50 mph+, you guys say u give complimentary car washes, i didn't get one (not that its so much of a big deal, it just would have shown more professionalism), i tell them my speakers are blown and i have a terrible rattle in the back that is caused by the woofer, so tehy tell me that i need to keep the BASS at half way....which shouldn't be because why should i have to listen to rattling when i should be able to put the bass all the way up...even still...when its in the middle, it still rattles at times. i also told them that one of my speakers were blown, and they tell me that they arn't, when they clearly are. and i come back inside to tell them, and the sales rep tells me that i should scheduele an appointment for a technician to listen to the broken speaker, and then scheduele another appointment to get it fixed?!?!?!?! WHAT? the service rep wouldn't even come out and listen to it to clearly and cleanly see that it was broken. so we can setup and appointment. or anything of that sort. it wasn't TERRIBLE SERVICE im just very disappointed because i had higher hopes. and i basically came out of there with just an oil change and tire rotation, nothing that i asked to be fixed was fixed.
Old 09-16-2005, 08:12 PM
WDP Director of R & D

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Sounds like just another typical dealership.

Sorry for your experience but no surprise on my end... You mentioned the words "terrible service experience". It really is sad that in all reality "terrible" has become synonymous with "normal". Many folks no longer know the difference. The only time a dealership treats you "right" is when they are making a bunch of money off the customer and, that customer treats the dealer as if they the dealer is doing them a favor...... In near every case, it truly is an "F'ed" up business..

If I were you, neither dealership would get my "oil change" activities. Of course having my knowledge/distaste for dealerships, "no" dealership does...

As for DCH,, if they even read this thread, by the time they get to the second sentence someone else will be coming through the door to "give" them money....

Good luck - hope you have other choices for your TL's needs.
Old 09-16-2005, 08:38 PM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
It's a shame they wouldn't fix the alignment. So far as your audio/rattle problems go, though, they sound like the end result of excessive bass/volume based on your statements here. I certainly wouldn't hold Acura let alone DCH (who I'm assuming you didn't buy your car from?) accountable for those issues.

Like I said though, if the alignment was the original issue, and you treated them well... they should of fixed it. But in future, keep the volume in check.
Old 09-16-2005, 08:47 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
its not even an issue about that....i should be able to have my bass up all the way, even when its in the middle it rattles, is it that hard to do the procedure where they put felt under the speaker area.

as for the broken speakers, i was told to come back next week when they had a free appointment, only so the technician could come and listen to see if they were broken (which they were), so i can then rescheduele for another appointment to wait for the parts to come in and pay labor fees and wait for my next appointment...i don't think so

and no soopa i didn't buy my car from DCH Montclair
Old 09-16-2005, 09:44 PM
I6

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bought my TL from DCH. Their sales department is great but their service department needs some improvements.

When I still had my TL, I brought the car in for an oil change and some warranty work done at DCH.
The warranty work was for the paint peeling and the uneven mufflers. They will repaint the bumper but wont replace the clear bra. So I decided not to take the clear bra off just to get the bumper repainted. Service advisor said Honda wont cover the clear bra. The service advisor could've at least offered me a free bottle of touch-up paint or see if they can try to fix it without removing the clear bra. When I called up Honda, they told me to ask the dealer to see if they will help me out. Dealer won't.

The muffler on the driver side is lower than the passenger side. I wanted it corrected. The service advisor and the tech both came out and told me that it's normal and all the TLs on the lot is like this. The tech than took out a ruler and measured my muffler and 2 other TLs' mufflers. You can clearly see that my mufflers were uneven and the other TLs were even. He tried to prove that all the mufflers are the same with a ruler when you can see it with your eyes it's not.

I also got a nice long scratch to the right of the driver's handle on the driver side rear passenger door. It seem like it was caused by when they closed the driver's door and had the keys in the same hand.
Old 09-17-2005, 06:04 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by soopa
It's a shame they wouldn't fix the alignment. So far as your audio/rattle problems go, though, they sound like the end result of excessive bass/volume based on your statements here. I certainly wouldn't hold Acura let alone DCH (who I'm assuming you didn't buy your car from?) accountable for those issues.

Like I said though, if the alignment was the original issue, and you treated them well... they should of fixed it. But in future, keep the volume in check.
How is his problem caused by "excessive volume"? It isn't as if he added an aftermarket amp to the stock speakers.

He has the right to use Acura's stock audio system any way that he wants, without rattling. If putting the bass all the way up was supposed to cause rattles, then that is just absolutly poor design by honda.