Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Memory Settings

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 01:40 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Memory Settings

how come memory does not remember the setting for "recycle" air button ??
Old 08-30-2004, 02:13 PM
Administrator

Received 1,016 Likes on 577 Posts
I don't quite understand the question. Do you mean when the A/C is in Auto mode, or if you push the recirculation button and then go back to Auto mode. Or do you mean when another person uses their keyfob and the A/C settings change to their last setting instead of the other use's setting?

I will try the easiest one. If you push the recirculation button, it goes out of auto mode. If you return to auto mode, the system will determine if recirculation is the proper setting, or not.

If it is another situation, let me know.
Old 08-30-2004, 02:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ron A
I don't quite understand the question. Do you mean when the A/C is in Auto mode, or if you push the recirculation button and then go back to Auto mode. Or do you mean when another person uses their keyfob and the A/C settings change to their last setting instead of the other use's setting?

I will try the easiest one. If you push the recirculation button, it goes out of auto mode. If you return to auto mode, the system will determine if recirculation is the proper setting, or not.

If it is another situation, let me know.
when i hit "auto" and then turn on recycle air i did not notice it come off of "auto" mode, it just recycled the air. i have to verify this again.

i thought "auto" just uses all the vents and controls fan speed using temp gages and sunlight sensor.
Old 08-30-2004, 03:03 PM
Administrator

I guess I guessed right about your question. It does come off auto when you press the recirculate button. Putting it back in auto allows the system to determine if recirculation is the proper setting, or not.

Auto does the vents, fan speeds, and recirculation.
Old 08-30-2004, 04:15 PM
Instructor

I noticed that if you have your air on auto and the system has to work hard to get to the desired cool tempeture it will automaticly flip on recirculate air. After it cools off and gets closer to the desired tempeture it will turn the recirculate air off automaticly.

This is to cool the car down faster. When you recirculate air it just has to cool the air that has already been cooled. Thus, cooling the car down faster.
Old 08-30-2004, 10:10 PM
10th Gear

FYI...constantly running your A/C in recirulate mode will start making your A/C have that musty smell when you first turn it on. Takes about 1 week to work it out. I know some cars are starting to have the A/C blower kick on when you no longer in the car to blow out the condensation but best practice would be to run it on fresh unless you stuck in traffic and sniffing exhaust.
Old 08-30-2004, 10:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ron A
I guess I guessed right about your question. It does come off auto when you press the recirculate button. Putting it back in auto allows the system to determine if recirculation is the proper setting, or not.

Auto does the vents, fan speeds, and recirculation.
ok, yes, but whatever setting is on at the time a set #2 memory, if i move air off the setting and hit #2 memory it does not go back ???
Old 08-31-2004, 06:44 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by cvajs
ok, yes, but whatever setting is on at the time a set #2 memory, if i move air off the setting and hit #2 memory it does not go back ???
It won’t go back. The only time the memory feature works is if you use a different keyfob than the last one to unlock the door. If the door is unlocked when the person with the other keyfob gets in and turns on the ignition, the memory feature will not work either. The door does not have to locked with either keyfob, but it must be unlocked with the keyfob to activate the memory feature.

In other words, if #1 was used last, when #2 is used to unlock the door, it will remember the last settings when the ignition was turned off while #2 key was in the ignition. The memory will not work again until #1 keyfob is used to unlock the door, and then it will change back to the settings that were there when #1 turned off the ignition.