ME vs Acura Dealer/district manager Round 12

i drive an 04 TL
bought in 3rd week of october 2003
vin in the 6000
now accumalated 52xx miles
30% oil life left
21 mpg city / 32mpg hwy

bought at Sterling Mccall in sw houston
my complaints vibrations, rattling, sunroof lining, engine light flashes, glove box.memory seat...this has been an ongoing fight with the dealer. This is like a round 12 of a boxing fight. Today i finally got what i wanted, most of my problems have been resolved.

45-55 miles vibration: acura district manager drove my car this morning finally his ass admits it has flatspotting ( thank goodness a cold front just hit houston..b4 that he say it was normal characteristic..which me and him went at it pretty good...i had to leave my car overnight so it could sit and he could test drive it early morning). My new tires are on order and on its way sometime beginning second week of march. It will be the same Bridgestone turanza el42 but an UPDATED one. he say they will not be made out of nylon belt. So i was very happy. those of you who have vibration i suggest you go immediately to the dealer and complain. They will replace those with the new turanza. acura knows about it and has a fix..of course only to those complaining.

rattlings: glove box they finally replace some bracket saying some screw that was used was wrong..which i know they are making up..there is a tsb for it...the front center speaker was rattling they use some kind of insulation, the rear deck rattling they blamed it on my stereo shop which i didnt object b/c the stereo shop had just installed my headrest screen and mounted the xbox in the trunk and some wires is hitting the deck..stereo shop will fix it.

sunroof lining droops down this is 3rd time it fell down so they know i was pretty piss. they somehow glued it not sure more like i didnt really cared ..i just cared it doesnt droop down again...and they guarantee it wont fall down again.

engine light flashing..first they say it was some kind of misfiring but than told me nothing was stored in the ecu so all they could do was upgrade the software which i knew needed to be done a long time..they say it has the latest software.

memory seat: he say they are in process of testing a fix for it and will let me know when it is done..

also got my oil changed ..i ask if it was ok to change it even though the manual say to wait for the MID to say so..they say at that mileage its fine.. it was free so i didnt mind changing it.

so after all this ordeal..i had to say the dealer/service turned out to be pretty good..each time i took it in, they gave me a 2004 RL loaner, a 2004 tsx, 2 - 2003 TL....finally i am happy
Old 02-26-2004, 08:29 PM
What's a TL?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats and very nice update. Random question though...I've always wondered about the RL- nice car or??
Old 02-26-2004, 08:40 PM
R&D of Team Anthracite

the 2004 RL is not exciting to drive... the styling is bland, its weak and not any where close to the power of the tl..the ride is smooth though and i love the breaking on it ..i believe it has brembo as standard...if i had to choose 2004 RL and TL ..its a no brainer.. the TL of course.
Old 02-26-2004, 09:19 PM
ZHP 4CE

2k4TLkev:

I will be buying an '04 TL in Houston within the next couple of months (after I make the move from Dallas). I test drove the car at Sterling McCall and they seemed okay. Despite your experiences, would you still recommend them to a future purchaser? I guess if some of your problems were with the district manager, it wouldn't matter which Houston dealer I bought it at...
Old 02-26-2004, 11:20 PM
8th Gear

Boy I am going to order a TL in the next week and with all of theese problems you are having and the people on the board are having I am getting a little worried!!!

I don't want to have to bring in a new car for rattles to be fixed.
I know you agree with me but what I am trying to say is should I still get the car even with all of these problems - tires, sunroof visor, glove box rattles

or are these just something I have to live with if I get the car and have them fixed when the problem arises
Old 02-26-2004, 11:55 PM
10th Gear

Re: "ME vs Acura Dealer / district manager Round 12"

2k4TLkev,
To clarify your "flat spotting" concern... When we previously met and drove your TL for "vibration" on 2/12, the tires (warm) were not exhibiting a "flat spotting" condition. The "vibration" we duplicated was normal characteristic feedback of the road surface through the vehicle tires/wheels and suspension system.

I test drove your TL today (2/25 8:30AM) as we previously agreed to when we met on 2/12. Your TL DID vibrate @ 45-60 mph when the tires were "cold", indicating the "flat spotting" condition we previously discussed on 2/12 . After 3-5 miles the vibration subsided. As I promised... once I duplicated the "flat spotting", I would order replacement tires for your TL. The replacement Bridgestones will be updated EL42's (same size/load rating/speed rating) designed to remedy the "flat spotting" (I have not stated "they will not be made out of nylon belt", once the tires arrive we will be better informed).

Regarding the check engine lamp (CEL)... during my test drive this AM the CEL flashed 3 times while accelerating during the first 2 miles of the test drive. No diagnostic trouble codes (DTC's) were stored in the PCM (computer), I requested the PCM be updated with the lastest software (done 2/25).

Regarding the "rattlings"... we insulated the center speaker mounting tabs to resolve the center dash "rattlings". The glovebox inboard lower hinge fasteners were loose. I noted that all of the fasteners (screws) were not original equipment (OEM) and some sort of washer/spacer had been installed (not original). The original fasteners are plated (gold color), some of the fasteners installed were silver and of a larger diameter than original. As these larger fasteners had been threaded into the dash, we could not use original fasteners (smaller diameter thread) to reinstall the glove box hinge. We reused the "replacement" fasteners and reinstalled the glovebox to remedy the "rattlings". I'm inclined to believe the audio shop provided the "silver" fastener & "washer/spacer".

When I am advised of the memory seat "fix" I will contact Sterling McCall Acura.

Thanks for purchasing an Acura, I appreciate your cooperation and patience.

Acura District Manager
Old 02-27-2004, 12:21 AM
Racer

If anyone was wondering whether Acura pays any atttention to feedback obtained through online forums, it appears as though that question has been answered.
Old 02-27-2004, 12:37 AM
CEO, Team Anthracite

Wow, a post from an actual District Manager. I hope you continue to browse these boards and contribute to our healthy discourse about such a fine car. (More importantly, if you can dispel any rumors or clarify issues that users commonly have, that would be appreciated!)
Old 02-27-2004, 12:51 AM
R&D of Team Anthracite

Originally posted by TLud
2k4TLkev:

I will be buying an '04 TL in Houston within the next couple of months (after I make the move from Dallas). I test drove the car at Sterling McCall and they seemed okay. Despite your experiences, would you still recommend them to a future purchaser? I guess if some of your problems were with the district manager, it wouldn't matter which Houston dealer I bought it at...
yes i would recommend going to Sterling mccall...john eagle acura is ok but they are not flexible with prices...if you need my salesman let me know...i will let you know what deals they gave me... i have sent several of my buddies and co workers over there...
Old 02-27-2004, 01:00 AM
R&D of Team Anthracite

Originally posted by ACuraR

2k4TLkev,
To clarify your "flat spotting" concern... When we previously met and drove your TL for "vibration" on 2/12, the tires (warm) were not exhibiting a "flat spotting" condition. The "vibration" we duplicated was normal characteristic feedback of the road surface through the vehicle tires/wheels and suspension system.

I test drove your TL today (2/25 8:30AM) as we previously agreed to when we met on 2/12. Your TL DID vibrate @ 45-60 mph when the tires were "cold", indicating the "flat spotting" condition we previously discussed on 2/12 . After 3-5 miles the vibration subsided. As I promised... once I duplicated the "flat spotting", I would order replacement tires for your TL. The replacement Bridgestones will be updated EL42's (same size/load rating/speed rating) designed to remedy the "flat spotting" (I have not stated "they will not be made out of nylon belt", once the tires arrive we will be better informed).

Regarding the check engine lamp (CEL)... during my test drive this AM the CEL flashed 3 times while accelerating during the first 2 miles of the test drive. No diagnostic trouble codes (DTC's) were stored in the PCM (computer), I requested the PCM be updated with the lastest software (done 2/25).

Regarding the "rattlings"... we insulated the center speaker mounting tabs to resolve the center dash "rattlings". The glovebox inboard lower hinge fasteners were loose. I noted that all of the fasteners (screws) were not original equipment (OEM) and some sort of washer/spacer had been installed (not original). The original fasteners are plated (gold color), some of the fasteners installed were silver and of a larger diameter than original. As these larger fasteners had been threaded into the dash, we could not use original fasteners (smaller diameter thread) to reinstall the glove box hinge. We reused the "replacement" fasteners and reinstalled the glovebox to remedy the "rattlings". I'm inclined to believe the audio shop provided the "silver" fastener & "washer/spacer".

When I am advised of the memory seat "fix" I will contact Sterling McCall Acura.

Acura District Manager

Thanks for all your help. Sorry for any harse comments but it was just fustrating feeling the vibrations in the morning and on the way home from work for the past 4 months..when the tires warmed up, it was smooth. i'm glad Acura values their customer satisfaction..

For those of you wondering Acura will stand by their customers and if you have a problem they will fix it as seen in my case. And yes ACuraR is really the district manager.
Old 02-27-2004, 12:49 PM
Advanced

I see the District Manager has no 'PM' availability; I can't blame him.

It is great to see someone standing behind their product and being a man of his word. Could you move to Florida.....???

Actually, Firestone Master Care replaced all 4 with the tire of my choice. All four were out of round. This is after my dealer said my tires were fine; TWICE.

I am very happy now; no thanks to REGAL ACURA of Lakeland FL.

I absolutely love the car; but I am more disappointed with the incredible apathy displayed by the dealer than I was by the old JELLO marketing slogan due to the tires @ 50-55 MPH('watch it wiggle see it jiggle......')
Old 02-27-2004, 11:27 PM
10th Gear

2k4TLkev,

Acura District Manager

I beg to differ on all your bull****. It is actually pathetic that we had to take our car into the stupid dealership countless times to get all this to be fixed. this is not the first time we brought it in for rattling, roof coming apart. This all started with the driver side door panel not "flushing" correctly. And even that I had to bring the car into the shop 3-4 times. I practically know all the ******* of a salesmen there. Ranging from the salesmen to the service advisors to the managers from the sales and service department. I even had to deal with the sales manager, Lawrence Asmus, to even try to correct all my problems. WDF kind of bull**** is that? It is pathetic that a new car like this has things like roof coming apart, rattling everywhere, and memory seat lost. Acura supposively has a "high quality" and known to be a reliable car. So where the hell did the "high quality" come in with my car????? I had countless heated arguements with the service advisors. One even telling me to take my car into a body shop so they can correct the door panel. WDF??? A brand new car with so much problems. If I had known, I do not think I would had purchased this car. All the times that I had to take off of work and school to take care of all this bull**** of a problem. I think I am tired of seeing all of the salesmen's faces a they are seeing mine. Even if you did not feel the flat spotting when you drove it. There were times that We have taken the car in on a cold day and having 3-4 sales advisors testing it out and even the service manager. But low and behold, after your meeting convention on the 2-13, you come back and tell us that you did feel the flat spotting and that somehow a new software "magically" appears. BULL****! But when I had ask Richard about the software and tire replacements, ohhhh boy did they sure know how to put on an act of stupidity! And for your information, the glove compartment rattling was complained about BEFORE We had our TV's installed. Maybe I should bring in the work order for you to see. Because I sure do have a collection of work orders. I think I can write a book if I needed to. Even though our "problems" has been resolved temporarily, that does not constitute for all the times that I had to take off to take care of all this BULL**** of a problem that should had been taken care of the first month that I brought it in for repairs. And ummmm...roof is still NOT fixed. Come on now, the "analogy" you tried to pull back on the 12, about comparing a TSX to a TL is like apples to orange is the most pathetic analogy I've ever heard! That's only if you can even call it an analogy. to correct your bad grammer, using an analogy correctly will be as followed: comparing apples to oranges is to gmc to a TL. Now THAT is an analogy. And frankly my dear, I personally think the TL is a piece of ****. I should had listen to my better half and gone with the G35. I have never in my life would expect this out of Acura. And Sterling McCall has the biggest ****s I've ever met in my life. But I did my fair share of *****ing. Oh boy yes I did. I did not pay 35 Grand for no piece of metal. So of course, if I have future problems, you will be hearing from me. So do not forget. And sterling McCall will see me on every occasion that I find something wrong with my car in the 1st year. Before everyone always said Acura is a good car. Well, listen here, it is not. And customer satisfaction is not their number one priority. Believe me! If it was, I would not have to make almost 13 trips out to the dealership to get even the littlest thing resolved. And 4 month later is when they finally admit to what I have been trying to tell them even though knowing full well that they're fully aware of it. But playing stupid is what they're best at doing. And one more question before I leave it at all this.....why the hell does the check engine light flash 3x without having a code store??????????????????? I don't know how you feel in it, but that is a concern to me. And if you had stuck around to see me 10 mins after you saw kevin, you would have gotten an ear full also. If Acura is known for high quality, wdf is check engine light flashing 3x suppose to mean?? Oh it must be the gas cap again....the lame excuse that you told me last time. Uh gyea right buddy. I might be a girl but don't play me like I'm stupid.
Old 02-27-2004, 11:42 PM
Team Owner

Received 3,864 Likes on 2,031 Posts
Originally posted by 2k4TLkev
For those of you wondering Acura will stand by their customers and if you have a problem they will fix it as seen in my case. And yes ACuraR is really the district manager.
I have a question for AcuraR.

Let's say hypothetically a person complained about flatspots on their EL42s that wouldn't drive out, not in 3 miles, not in 7 miles, not in 40 miles. Their dealer attempted to fix it. Their dealer said it was the tires, but they weren't authorized to change them out, and advised calling ACS. ACS called the dealer and was told there was nothing wrong with the tires on that car, and it was "normal". ACS tells customer that it's normal and they and the dealer won't do anything. Dealer refuses to set up appointment with District Manager.

Customer realizes ACS/dealer/Acura won't do anything for them and spends $600+ on tires that fix the problem. Now Acura comes out and admits problems with some tires.

What would be the best way for that customer go about getting his $600+ back?
Old 02-28-2004, 07:08 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,614 Likes on 2,193 Posts
marweeee, maybe you need to sell your car back, or simply sell it.

Glad your problems were resolved, 2k4TLkev!
Old 02-28-2004, 07:25 AM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
Originally posted by mcag22
Boy I am going to order a TL in the next week and with all of theese problems you are having and the people on the board are having I am getting a little worried!!!

I don't want to have to bring in a new car for rattles to be fixed.
I know you agree with me but what I am trying to say is should I still get the car even with all of these problems - tires, sunroof visor, glove box rattles

or are these just something I have to live with if I get the car and have them fixed when the problem arises
mcag22,

Except for the tire issue, these types of complaints about this car are few, far between, and rare. Remember, you're reading from a forum where people post complaints. I wouldn't worry so much if I were you. But if it makes you feel better, buy from a dealer whose customer service reputation is 1st rate like the one I recommended you to.
Old 02-28-2004, 10:44 AM
Advanced

pretty cool to have a district manager on here. I am thinking abou getting a TL from Sterling Mccall. The salesman over there I asked him if he read tHe also says he goes on the forums. The forums about the vibration, tires, memory button issues and he said all his customers so far have not registered single complaint. I don't know if the salesman knows about them and just saying it to make me buy the car. 2k4 who did youuse over t Sterling Mccall and who do you recommend over there? What was your experience at John Eagle?
Old 02-28-2004, 11:45 AM
10th Gear

marweeeee,

I spoke with you very briefly via telephone during my previous visit to Sterling McCall Acura (when meeting w/2k4TLkev in person for "vibration while driving complaint").

At that time we (2k4TLkev & I) drove your 2004 TL AT and did not duplicate any "flat spotting" condition (tire were "warm). We also drove my company car 2004 TL AT for comparison. Both vehicles exhibited normal characteristic feedback of the road surface through the vehicle tires/wheels and suspension systems. 2k4TLkev stated the ride quality as duplicated on these test drives was not acceptable. 2k4TLkev mentioned that the dealership loaner cars (2003 TL Premium & TSX) he drove rode smoother than the 2004 TL. I explained that the 2003 TL Premium and TSX were different vehicles (distinct chassis, spring rate, damper rate, wheel and tire sizes/aspect ratios) and may ride differently than the 2004 TL. I think that's when the "apples vs. oranges" comparison was made.. You can call it what you wish ("analogy"). I'm not an English major , but I am an ASE Certified Master technician with 25+ years of experience.

I met with 2k4TLkev at Sterling McCall Acura to remedy his complaints. We test drove vehicles and discussed his concerns until 6:15pm that evening. He agreed to leave the vehicle overnight for me to test drive for the "flat spotting" complaint. I stated if the tires were "flat spotting" I would arrange for replacement tires for your vehicle.

As posted previously, I test drove your vehicle on 2/26 for the concerns documented on the Repair Order (vibration @ 45-60mph when cold and" rattlings"). I addressed those concerns, personally drove your vehicle a total of 14 miles to verify the repairs and replacement tires have been ordered. I duplicated the Check Engine Lamp (CEL) flashing (3x) on 2/26 and requested the PCM (computer) software update. DTC codes are stored in the computer only when emissions levels may exceed standards or a component (sensor,etc) is out of specification. The CEL can illuminate for an evaporative emissions system leak (loose gas cap), although that was not indicated on your 2004 TL during my inspections.

I would have gladly "stuck around" to meet with you if someone had asked...

My goal is to remedy any defects in material or workmanship that exist in your 2004 TL. If you (or 2k4TLkev) have further concerns please contact Sterling McCall Acura to arrange for both of you to meet with me personally.

Acura District Manager
Old 02-28-2004, 11:53 AM
10th Gear

svtmike,

hypothetically...
Contact your Acura Dealership again and request that the District Manager review your situation.

As a resolution for the "flat spotting" tires is currently on the way (at not cost to you), I wouldn't suggest purchasing replacement tires at this time.
Old 02-28-2004, 12:42 PM
10th Gear

Originally posted by tvo7
pretty cool to have a district manager on here. I am thinking abou getting a TL from Sterling Mccall. The salesman over there I asked him if he read tHe also says he goes on the forums. The forums about the vibration, tires, memory button issues and he said all his customers so far have not registered single complaint. I don't know if the salesman knows about them and just saying it to make me buy the car. 2k4 who did youuse over t Sterling Mccall and who do you recommend over there? What was your experience at John Eagle?
:wow: :wow: :wow: No registered COMPLAINTS from sterling McCall?!?!?!?!?!?!? Ummmmm...REGISTERED COMPLAINT right over here!!!! Oh once again the bullshiit they feed you.
Old 02-28-2004, 02:36 PM
Team Owner

Received 3,864 Likes on 2,031 Posts
svtmike,

hypothetically...
Contact your Acura Dealership again and request that the District Manager review your situation.

As a resolution for the "flat spotting" tires is currently on the way (at not cost to you), I wouldn't suggest purchasing replacement tires at this time.
Already bought, after Acura said that my car was normal and they wouldn't do anything. And my dealer literally wouldn't set up an appointment for me to talk to the District Manager or have him drive my car.

Mike
Old 02-28-2004, 03:48 PM
Instructor

svtmike,

hypothetically...

ACuraR:

Let me first say, good to see an Acura rep on this site. I've been having several issues with my TL. I also know a friend who also purchased a 2004 TL...build # 5000's. BTW mines is 2800's.

He is experiencing the same problems that I am. Almost a mirror image.

I don't think these problems are that isolated...of coarse there is no way to know for sure either way...so I don't think it is appropriate, at this point to assume anything.

Some car owners are probably luckier than others.

With that said...I have 2 major issues I would like you to address:

1. flatspotting and tire vibrations - what is Acura's official stance on this issue? I've been taking my car to the dealer...they still state that are unaware of tire issues. They make it sound as if the EL42's are the best tires in the world.

2. Is Acura's official stance on engine vibrations/droning at 1500rpm still a "Normal Characteristic" of the TL. I know that 2004 MDX is experiencing the same problem, and the owners of the MDX were also told that this is a "Normal Characteristic" of the MDX. Recently, owners of the MDX have took it upon themselves to find at least a temp fix. (Removing the middle hanger of the exhaust) If this indeed corrects the problem...I believe that Acura had jumped the gun in telling their customers that this is a "Normal Characteristic" If it can be fixed...it is NOT a normal. It sounds to me that it is a design defect in the exhaust. Why does Acura see the need to frustrate owners by prematurely telling their customers that all is normal, without performing the proper due diligence.

I have been dealing with the 2 major issues above (among some minor issues - i.e. memory seats and rattles) for almost 5 months now without a resolution.

I've dealt with my service manager, ACS, Acura District and the Regional Rep. with no avail. I 've been told the same corporate pitch each and every time...that the problems I've been facing is a "Normal Characteristic" of the TL.

Believe me, I do not like to make contant unscheduled visits to my service dept. (like most people)...I'll prefer to go to the Dentist instead. So if customers do take their cars in. I believe that service should take the customers complaints seriously and with care.

Any response will be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-28-2004, 03:57 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by neuronbob

Completely uncalled for!
Old 02-28-2004, 04:07 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,614 Likes on 2,193 Posts
Originally posted by fsconsult
Completely uncalled for!
Whoa there, I wasn't being nasty. marweeee just appears VERY dissatisfied, and if I were in her shoes, I'd be really angry too. When feelings get to that point, it's time to consider all options.
Old 02-28-2004, 04:14 PM
Instructor

Whoa there, I wasn't being nasty. marweeee just appears VERY dissatisfied, and if I were in her shoes, I'd be really angry too. When feelings get to that point, it's time to consider all options.
But why must he take a $5k hit, just because Acura can't address his problems?

The minute you drive off the lot, the car depreciates 20%.

Not all people on this site can take that type of loss.

For me personally, I will probably will end up selling after a couple of years...2006 Lexus GS here I come.
Old 02-28-2004, 04:43 PM
R&D of Team Anthracite

what really freakin pisses me off is that acura says the vibrations not related to flatspotting is that it is a normal characteristic.. all the loaner i driven does not have any vibration... none whatsoever at any given speed i driven..district manager says comparing the 04 TL to the 2004 RL, 2003 TL, and 2004 TSX to the 2k4 TL is like comparing apples to oranges...bullshiet..they are all made by Acura.. comparing it to a kia or huyndai is apple and oranges..he also says these tires are low pro and its normal characteristic...man i driven on 19's with 215/35 tires and i do not feel vibrations...i driven on 17's ( 17 x 8 also)with 225/45 which is fairly close to 235/45 and they do not vibrate...so telling me its normal characteristic is bs...if its normal y dont they advertise that..y dont they tell me this before i bought it...its b/c they want you to buy the car...just really pisses me off...
Old 02-28-2004, 05:13 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by 2k4TLkev
what really freakin pisses me off is that acura says the vibrations not related to flatspotting is that it is a normal characteristic.. all the loaner i driven does not have any vibration... none whatsoever at any given speed i driven..district manager says comparing the 04 TL to the 2004 RL, 2003 TL, and 2004 TSX to the 2k4 TL is like comparing apples to oranges...bullshiet..they are all made by Acura.. comparing it to a kia or huyndai is apple and oranges..he also says these tires are low pro and its normal characteristic...man i driven on 19's with 215/35 tires and i do not feel vibrations...i driven on 17's ( 17 x 8 also)with 225/45 which is fairly close to 235/45 and they do not vibrate...so telling me its normal characteristic is bs...if its normal y dont they advertise that..y dont they tell me this before i bought it...its b/c they want you to buy the car...just really pisses me off...
Wow...for minute there, I thought u were from the DC area and dealt with the same Dist Rep I had...but I see u r from Houston.

Here is Acura's new internal Corporate motto:

"Normal Characteristic"

...Defined as...this is what you tell customers when a problem exists that cannot be explained and/or fixed cheaply.

The sad thing is, I don't see many complaints about the TL itself. Just primarily on problems that Acura is slow or refusing to respond to.

I don't really think people are necessarily saying the TL is a subpar car...in fact I think the major consensus is that the TL is in fact one of the best cars in its class (minus the vibration problems). But the major complaint I've been hearing is how Acura is responding or not responding to complaints.

I understand that Acura does not want to loss the momentum of their record breaking sales volume by publicly stating that the TL has any issues...but this has got to be the worst customer service SNAFU's ever.

Have Acura not learned anything from Clinton's mistake. Clinton's "it depends on how you define sexual relations" equates to Acura's "it's a Normal Characteristic of the the TL" Depends on how you define "Normal"
Old 02-28-2004, 11:44 PM
10th Gear

HaHa! Gyea I should sell my car shouldn't I??? I should sell it to Rick K-H-A-L!!! The regional manager for TX. LOLZ! Since Acura is the BEST car on Earth!!! HA! HA! And by the way, 2k4TLkev is my fiancee, so ummm no all problems were resolved. And YES I am very DISSATISFIED in this piece of shiiT!!! We bought a car to really enjoy. I mean come on now. 7" screens, getting new rims, remote start, the body kit.... what ever else we can add to the car. But to really not enjoy it to the fullest extent that we wish to enjoy it to but instead making bi weekly visits to the dealership about the the littlest thing that they cannot even seem to resolve! I mean come on now! My roof coming apart??? What the F_uck is that kind of ****???? I swear to god I bought a used GMC with an Acura symbol on it. And the funny thing is, Khal has "25 plus" year of "experience" and takes a paper certification to tell their as_s cheeks that the tires are vibrating....God I sometimes wonder where they find all these bullshiiters at. What really pisses me off is the time and energy that I have to put into this whole ordeal. I mean who can afford to take off work so many times and miss school?? Yes I am still a student. So does that give them the right to under estimate me?????? Hell freaking no! And all that I have said in my long first tag, Khal can't even explain all the other problems. Go ahead and try to justify all that you want. But from here on out, ACURA IS A PIECE OF SHIIIIIIT!
Old 02-28-2004, 11:45 PM
10th Gear

So you want to buy the car from me then? SInce it's the best car out there?????
Old 02-29-2004, 08:51 AM
1st Gear

My first post,After reading cr,article on this car I was really
interested.I did get on a few forums briefly,last week I test
drove a TL.The first thing I noticed ,soon as we hit the street,
was this terrible rattle coming from the area around the glove box
It took away my concentration for the test drive.I kept looking toward the salesman waiting for a response from him,nothing.
Finally he could see I was getting agitated,he opened the glovebox and said it was a loose latch or something,would have service take a look.Hell,you would think they would at least have their demos rattle free.
Old 02-29-2004, 11:37 PM
R&D of Team Anthracite

Originally posted by mike52
My first post,After reading cr,article on this car I was really
interested.I did get on a few forums briefly,last week I test
drove a TL.The first thing I noticed ,soon as we hit the street,
was this terrible rattle coming from the area around the glove box
It took away my concentration for the test drive.I kept looking toward the salesman waiting for a response from him,nothing.
Finally he could see I was getting agitated,he opened the glovebox and said it was a loose latch or something,would have service take a look.Hell,you would think they would at least have their demos rattle free.
I sooo totally agreed! Just like when my fiance took his car to test out for the vibration with the regional manager, there was a rattle coming from the center speaker and the radio was turned off. he acted like he didn't hear it. It just proves my point I'm trying to state with Acura and their employees.
Old 03-01-2004, 12:18 AM
Advanced

2k4, who did you use over at Sterling Mccall and would yo recommend them?
Old 03-01-2004, 01:07 AM
Pro

you guys think yall have alot of problems. Try buying an 65k 03 e500 benz. I have so many problems with this car. I have been back to the dealer about 15 times in 3 months for all my problems.
my radio went out, shakes like a diseal, pulls to the right, overheated, on star keeps calling me thinking i'm in trouble. raises up and down by itself, oil leak, brake squeal, broken armrest, and theres a couple more i cant remember. So dont feel so bad guys. I just spent 65k on a piece of junk.
Old 03-01-2004, 06:10 AM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
Originally posted by wiggingboy
you guys think yall have alot of problems. Try buying an 65k 03 e500 benz. I have so many problems with this car. I have been back to the dealer about 15 times in 3 months for all my problems.
my radio went out, shakes like a diseal, pulls to the right, overheated, on star keeps calling me thinking i'm in trouble. raises up and down by itself, oil leak, brake squeal, broken armrest, and theres a couple more i cant remember. So dont feel so bad guys. I just spent 65k on a piece of junk.
Yecccch!

Good luck getting rid of it........FAST

Before you buy your next car, go get a copy of Consumer Reports Buying Guide or their annual April auto issue and check out the frequency of repair records for used cars. You'll see that Mercedes has gotten about as bad as GM, Fraud, & Chrysler. The only virtually trouble-free brands: Acura, Honda, Lexus, & Toyota.

In fact, every ex-Mercedes owner I've ever met who went Lexus swares they'll never go back.