Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mass prices - need guidance!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 01:50 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mass prices - need guidance!!!

My car (2000 TL/w Navi) was declared a total loss after an accident. So, I'm about to buy a brand new '06 - 5AT/w Navi!!! Anybody from Mass or NH - what did you pay for your ride? I bought my late car at Sunnyside Acura (Nashua) and was pleased with both buying experience and service (small mishaps, but in general good) – any other recommendations? Your input would be greatly appreciated!
Old 12-14-2005, 02:39 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just sealed the deal on an 06 TL 6MT w/navi from sunnyside earlier this week. I'll be picking it up in a few days once my check clears from my other car....I got it for 33070 OTD (essentially invoice + a 200 dealer documentation fee). No sales tax since I live in NH.

Every dealer in new england has tons of TL's on the lot and I think they are trying to move them. I got a quote from acura of boston for invoice using their "name your price" feature on their website and had sunnyside match it.

This is my 1st acura and so far I have no complaints about sunnyside. I think they are one of the better dealers out there.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:45 PM
Aaaarrrggghhhh!

Whatever you do, stick with Sunnyside (especially since you're happy overall with them)... don't go to Clair (North Hampton).. if you're going to buy in NH..
Old 12-15-2005, 01:53 PM
Instructor

Thank you guys! Can you recomend any particular person at Sunnyside Acura?
Old 12-18-2005, 08:20 AM
Instructor

I'm getting '06 TL/w Navi, anthracite/ebony - picking up on Monday! Due to the "end of year" madness, was able to get a decent price (below invoice) and 2.9% financing. Special thanks to Huberc - by following his advice regarding "make an offer" feature on the Acura of Boston website, got a good negotiation position. Must say that the buying experience at Sunnyside Acura was terrific! Very professional and courteous crew! At the end, they even told me that because I'm long time customer and a good friend of David B. from Service, they would accept personal check for a downpayment, instead of bank check - which saved me time and trip to the bank. If anybody thinks about buying a car in north New England, I highly recommend Sunnyside Acura in Nashua.
One question - they offer a XZILON molecular adhesion protection ($329). Does anybody familiar with this and have an opinion?
Old 12-18-2005, 08:54 AM
Intermediate

Yes, it is the best feature here in New England. That protector has saved me in both storms this year so far. It protects the whole nose of the car. They go with a different brand than me however, I got the 3m one by Acura of Peabody, who by the way has a fantastic service dept.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:19 AM
Intermediate

Did you get the 6MT or 5AT? Just asking because i'm picking my 06 TL/w Navi, anthracite/ebony 6MT today as well and they told me it was the only one on the lot. Just seeing if they were lying to me.

I also took advantage of the 2.9% financing!

Trending Topics

Old 12-19-2005, 08:25 AM
Instructor

It's a 5AT '06 w/Navi - which I was also told is the only one on the lot. So they most likely were honest!
Old 12-19-2005, 09:45 AM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I know Acura of Peabody is offering some type of end of year incentive. I just got something in the mail the other day for it and when I was up there looking for an 06 TSX, the lot was jammed with TL's. My parents bought two Acura's from them and they were just an average dealership.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:24 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have bought a couple of acuras from clair in walpole. The deal you get depends on the amount of playing around they want to do and how desperate you are for the car. I have bought 4 vehicles over the years from them so they are usually fairly receptive to an educated buyer's offer. I will say they goofed twice on two deliveries. Not all equipment was installed on the car (simple stuff like splash guards, etc).

Acura of peabody likes to make you think you are getting a deal if you pay 1200 over invoice. As for service, walpole was better. Peabody has damaged my car and there was one service writer in particular who was always very sarcastic. I won't mention names.

Above all, be sure to look the car over before you execute the paperwork. Do not sign the contract to take delivery and fork over the cash untill you see the car. I would prefer to go back the next day after they got it done right than have to go back.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:35 AM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by mickey3c
I have bought a couple of acuras from clair in walpole. The deal you get depends on the amount of playing around they want to do and how desperate you are for the car. I have bought 4 vehicles over the years from them so they are usually fairly receptive to an educated buyer's offer. I will say they goofed twice on two deliveries. Not all equipment was installed on the car (simple stuff like splash guards, etc).

Acura of peabody likes to make you think you are getting a deal if you pay 1200 over invoice. As for service, walpole was better. Peabody has damaged my car and there was one service writer in particular who was always very sarcastic. I won't mention names.

Above all, be sure to look the car over before you execute the paperwork. Do not sign the contract to take delivery and fork over the cash untill you see the car. I would prefer to go back the next day after they got it done right than have to go back.
I know who/what you mean at Acura of Peabody. The service department sucks... they always give you a snobby attitude that immediately turns me right off.

Acura of Boston gets high reviews around here so maybe check them out. Good Luck
Old 12-19-2005, 01:14 PM
Intermediate

Does anyone know anything about the extended warranty that Sunnyside offers? It's called "CompleteCare" through Universal Underwriters.

Supposedly the official AcuraCare is a lot more expensive and covers the same stuff (according to them) I'm having trouble finding exactly what is covered and what isn't.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:18 PM
Advanced

The Universal Underwriters sounds like what I got with my VW Passat and in hopes of saving money when comparing to the Manufacturer's warranty I opted for it and found that it's a dealer specific system and had to take it back to Quincy to get the car taken care of. Not a fun thing I gaurantee you!

On top of that, it turns out if you beg them enough you can take it to any dealer, but aparantly a lot dealers have had trouble getting paid for service and as such won't even accept them.

The BEST thing to do, if you're going to get the extended warranty anyway, is to get the manufacturer's warranty so that it's accepted by all dealers.

Regards
Old 12-19-2005, 02:30 PM
Intermediate

Well my dealer is about 5 minutes away from my place, so that's not really a problem. Unless of course I completely breakdown while on the road somewhere.

The price difference is about 500 bucks between the AcuraCare and this other warranty.
Old 12-19-2005, 09:02 PM
Moved to the LOU

Received 249 Likes on 183 Posts
2.9%? Is that only in New England? I am buying an 06 TL in the next week and have not seen anything near 2.9%.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:07 AM
Intermediate

the 2.9% is on acura.com so im assuming it's nationwide