Lumbar not "memorizable"?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2003 | 07:50 PM
Instructor

Lumbar not "memorizable"?

The lumbar setting does not (in my car at least) let me set it in memory.

I know this because of 2 reasons:

1. If I extend the lumbar, say, all the way out, and them store it in "1", and the adjust, and then re-press "1", all of my prior settings are restored EXCEPT the lumbar

and

2. When I have my settings all set for "1", and then adjust the lumbar, the green LED does NOT go out (because it is not changing my stored settings, because it is not letting me store it.)

HELP!! Is this just me??

THANKS
Old 12-15-2003 | 08:58 PM
Banned

I noticed the same thing on mine.
Old 12-15-2003 | 09:43 PM
Burning Brakes

yup
Old 12-15-2003 | 09:44 PM
Racer

Re: Lumbar not "memorizable"?

Originally posted by TZVECL
The lumbar setting does not (in my car at least) let me set it in memory.

I know this because of 2 reasons:

1. If I extend the lumbar, say, all the way out, and them store it in "1", and the adjust, and then re-press "1", all of my prior settings are restored EXCEPT the lumbar

and

2. When I have my settings all set for "1", and then adjust the lumbar, the green LED does NOT go out (because it is not changing my stored settings, because it is not letting me store it.)

HELP!! Is this just me??

THANKS

Memory is solely available for driver's seat and side view mirrors
Old 12-15-2003 | 09:48 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Re: Lumbar not "memorizable"?

I don't think Memory Seating has that included. Check out your owner manual...
Old 12-15-2003 | 10:01 PM
Instructor

Re: Re: Lumbar not "memorizable"?

Originally posted by rets
I don't think Memory Seating has that included. Check out your owner manual...

My owner's manual says not a thing about which seat controls are memorizable (I checked this before I started this thread).

Yours actually says something like "lumbar not included"?
Old 12-15-2003 | 10:26 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Re: Re: Re: Lumbar not "memorizable"?

Originally posted by TZVECL
My owner's manual says not a thing about which seat controls are memorizable (I checked this before I started this thread).

Yours actually says something like "lumbar not included"?
No, it didn't say. You're right about this. You probably did the good reading.

Acura said:

Given the sporting/luxury TL mission, the new 10-way power adjustable seat is engineered for long-haul comfort in addition to sporting support. Standard perforated leather-trimmed seating breathes for comfort, while a more generous (0.9-inch wider at the hip point than that of the previous Type-S) base cushion provides added hip room. Vertical travel of the standard power seat mechanism has been increased (there's 0.1-inch more "up" travel and 0.4-inch more "down" travel). All driver's seat power adjustments are included in Keyless Memory Link, a system that stores a pair of user profiles linked to the two key fobs that come with the TL.

For proper support of people of varying sizes and shapes, the TL driver's seat has a two-way power adjustable lumbar support mechanism. Unlike lumbar supports that sometimes have a sharp-edged feel, the TL system has a smooth shape that matches the spinal curvature to provide solid support for the torso and pelvis. The stroke of the lumbar support unit has been increased 0.5-inch in the TL.

I guess Memory Seating only contains 10 way power seat, mirrors and some MID-control setting. Although the power adjustable lumbar suport is controlible, it's not included by TL...
Old 12-15-2003 | 10:49 PM
Racer

Re: Re: Re: Re: Lumbar not "memorizable"?

Originally posted by rets
No, it didn't say. You're right about this. You probably did the good reading.

Acura said:

Given the sporting/luxury TL mission, the new 10-way power adjustable seat is engineered for long-haul comfort in addition to sporting support. Standard perforated leather-trimmed seating breathes for comfort, while a more generous (0.9-inch wider at the hip point than that of the previous Type-S) base cushion provides added hip room. Vertical travel of the standard power seat mechanism has been increased (there's 0.1-inch more "up" travel and 0.4-inch more "down" travel). All driver's seat power adjustments are included in Keyless Memory Link, a system that stores a pair of user profiles linked to the two key fobs that come with the TL.

For proper support of people of varying sizes and shapes, the TL driver's seat has a two-way power adjustable lumbar support mechanism. Unlike lumbar supports that sometimes have a sharp-edged feel, the TL system has a smooth shape that matches the spinal curvature to provide solid support for the torso and pelvis. The stroke of the lumbar support unit has been increased 0.5-inch in the TL.

I guess Memory Seating only contains 10 way power seat, mirrors and some MID-control setting. Although the power adjustable lumbar suport is controlible, it's not included by TL...

Are there any cars that have lumbar support in memory? People forget that this is a $33k car. They're not going to offer every amenity. It sure does offer many amenities.
Old 12-15-2003 | 10:57 PM
TL-SHAWD 6MT Rocks!

picky picky...

... my lumbar position doesn't have memory...
... my tires don't inflate themselves...
... my windows don't darken with the sun...
... my carpet doesn't clean itself...
... my car doesn't come pick me up when park far away...
... my rear seats don't warm up... or cool off...
etc

please don't be so picky and enjoy a beautifull car, the best in the market and the highest technology achievement even for more money. We got things not even Mercedes Benz or Roolls Royce have yet... c'mon

life is short, enjoy everything you got to the fullest !

and you'll live a lot longer...
Old 12-15-2003 | 11:09 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by NOX 3.2
picky picky...

... my lumbar position doesn't have memory...
... my tires don't inflate themselves...
... my windows don't darken with the sun...
... my carpet doesn't clean itself...
... my car doesn't come pick me up when park far away...
... my rear seats don't warm up... or cool off...
etc

please don't be so picky and enjoy a beautifull car, the best in the market and the highest technology achievement even for more money. We got things not even Mercedes Benz or Roolls Royce have yet... c'mon

life is short, enjoy everything you got to the fullest !

and you'll live a lot longer...

WOW - you guys gots to chill!!

I don't really give a sh*t if the car can put lumbar in memory.

I only started the thread and asked the question because I was wondering if this was somehow related to the memory seat problems people are having.

Geez!
Old 12-15-2003 | 11:48 PM
TL-SHAWD 6MT Rocks!

sorry I just found out my father has prostate cancer...
and I just thought people should enjoy life a little more...
Old 12-16-2003 | 09:02 AM
Instructor

Originally posted by NOX 3.2
sorry I just found out my father has prostate cancer...
and I just thought people should enjoy life a little more...
I hope your Dad responds well to treatment. Unless he has a particularly agressive form (which is fairly rare), take some comfort in knowing that prostate cancer often remain relatively localized and responds well to treatment. It's sometimes said that more men will die with prostrate cancer than of it. Make sure he gets the best of care and be there for him as much as you're able.

And you were not really wrong, in any event. Sometimes we complain about and let such trivial things bother us instead of enjoying what we have (such as a really fun car to drive!)