Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LOOKINCO - I am back

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 04:43 PM
B A N N E D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LOOKINCO - I am back

Hey guys, haven't been around for a while and just finished reading the other LONG thread about me. I have to come back and clear my name, and i own some people some apologies.

First thing first, there is NO WAY i would try to scam a fellow member here, especially just for $239. A lot of people know me here on the forum and some even know me personally, I would never do something so stupid like this.

Now on to the problem. I saw a post that a member need some help to get a HID kit. I thought i would give him a hand since i could get a good deal from my mod shop. I contacted the member and eventually paid me through paypal. I ordered the HID from my mod shop which eventually turned out to be the incorrect kit. I ordered a H8 hid kit and received a H11 one instead. I went back to the shop and they told me I would receive the correct one the next day. Long story short, the HID kit did not arrive until a week later. As it turn out, I received the H11 again. After some phone calls, it turns out that H11 is compatible with H8 so I indeed got the correct kit in the beginning. After getting everything cleared out a week or so later, I shipped the item out asap with UPS. Few days later, I checked the tracking and it still shows that the item has not been shipped. It turns out that I did not fill out some info needed for the custom and UPS didn't ship the item out. By that time I decided that the buyer have waited long enough and I returned all the money.

I do accept that there are no excuse for me not to respond to the buyer. I thought I could have resolved the problem very quickly so I didn't want to go through the trouble of explaining the problem i had with my mod shop.

Anyways I have now offered to give the HID kit to the member for free as I have already paid for it and I could not return it. I hope he would accept it as an apology.

Now on to the bodykit for the Odyssey. I am very angry about the situation. Long story short, I was selling the bodykit for $1250 plus stock front and rear bumpers. I received the $1250 and the buyer demanded that I ship the bodykit without having to receive his stock bumpers. He said he needed it urgently because he has a show to attend. I refused and said I would wait until his bumpers arrive. His bumpers NEVER arrived which means i never shipped my bodykit out. He later stopped responding and never gave me any news regarding the bumpers or the money.

Anyways, I just want you guys to know that I am NOT a scammer, and i do not have to be one. I might be an asshole to leave people hanging for a while, but I tried my best to get it resolved.

I do admit that I was scared to respond to the e-mails because i promised that i would get it shipped out asap. Unfortunately with all the confusion it lead to a lot of delay. I was also overwhelmed with a lot of work lately in which I simply try to ignored other stuff

As for the J-pipes, I stopped working on it for a while as I had a lot of work to do for the past 2 weeks. We actually test fitted one on a MDX earlier and it's a bit short. I will be contacting the other TLs and Accord V6 member for test fit after some tweaking. We had to extend the pipe a bit and change where the 02 bung is.

You guys probably would not trust me anymore to buy anything from me, and I would totally understand.

Anyways, feel free to comment. I am ready to get killed.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:56 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I don't know what happened here, but...

LET'S GET READY TO RUMMMBBBLLLEEEE!!!

Old 11-15-2007, 05:00 PM
How may I help you.....?

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Welcome Back!!
Old 11-15-2007, 05:05 PM
Safety Car

Received 36 Likes on 13 Posts
That's a surprise. Let me know if you are going to be making the j-pipe that retains the 3rd cat. If so, I'll make one with a 3rd cat delete.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:26 PM
Safety Car

Received 435 Likes on 328 Posts
It's nice to know you didn't just run and since the HID person did get his money back, it wasn't technically a scam.

It was very bad not responding. I for one can accept just about anything as long as I am kept informed. I can understand being overwelhmed, but since you are a businessman, that is very bad way to run a business.

Everyone here will likely tread lightly and you might have hurt potential sales, but coming back to explain yourself was a good thing to see.

Good Luck!
Old 11-15-2007, 05:31 PM
Intermediate

finally we talk each other lookinco.
first of all, thanks for explaination about what happend.
To be perfectly honesty, i believe and don't believe of your excuess.
i think it is very very important that you always show and express your situation and decision at the RIGHT TIME, otherwise,if you missed the appropriate time to appeal, nobody will be standing at your side, even if you may not what people think.
It is the time for you to 'earn your trust',if all of us was mistaken about you. i have a lot of questions and talk with you though, it will make this forum doesn't look good at all. so i will stop it. this site is designed for people who would like to share of joy about ACURA. let us follow the purpose. now, i am not blaming or hating you. past is past and now you are asking apology, okey i wil accept your apolgy if it is necessary. i myself have regrit something,somewhat i ruined your fame too. if we set the clock back to a month ago,
we could have done it much more nicely. there is rumor that Acura is making one like this, TIME MACHINE CAR-which can travel to past or future...ㅡ,.ㅡ;;( i am not a good joker..)
anyways good luck to you man.

p/s are you really gonna send me the kit ㅡ,.ㅡ;;?
Old 11-15-2007, 05:34 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^ man it was so hard to understand that....
Old 11-15-2007, 05:38 PM
Intermediate

mrchan625! are you saying my english is suck????..........
Old 11-15-2007, 05:40 PM
B A N N E D

Yes i will send you the kit first thing next week.

sorry if it was hard to understand. Jut typed watever popped up in my head, didnt really proof read it.....
Old 11-15-2007, 05:41 PM
FizzyStatus!

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Good to have you back, lookinco.
I was dissappointed to hear that one of the sexiest/fastest TL's was a scammer but good to hear it was a misunderstanding.

Old 11-15-2007, 05:42 PM
Intermediate

oh GOd.. not me -ㅡㅡ^
anyone can not understand my english??
revise it please ~_~;
Old 11-15-2007, 05:44 PM
Banned

lol at ^

lookinco, i dont know you personally, or even on this forum, but you got quite a beating on the "other thread". glad you finally came out with apologies, and with the free kit.

at least you learned your lesson ACURAZINE doesn't wait!
and of course, the obvious one.
time to start rebuilding

PS. why didn't you come back on for a while? are you really that busy?
Old 11-15-2007, 06:01 PM
FTW

Received 84 Likes on 45 Posts
1st
Old 11-15-2007, 06:03 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 216 Likes on 131 Posts
what the hell. who are you?
Old 11-15-2007, 06:07 PM
Banned

guess he's not as well known as i thought he was.

and trancemission has been here for 3 years, me 3 months, and i (sortof) know him
Old 11-15-2007, 06:08 PM
Administrator

Received 1,008 Likes on 576 Posts
I don't know if I will allow you to "come back" but while I am deciding I will say that you definitely violated the primary rule of the Black Market, meaning you were selling something that was not your own for profit.

I don't accept your explanation and I don't accept the fact that you never replied to all the questions and emails and pm's until now.

If I do let you stay, which is still an uncertainty, there is no way in hell you would ever be able to sell anything here again.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:12 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 216 Likes on 131 Posts
Originally Posted by Type-Superman
guess he's not as well known as i thought he was.

and trancemission has been here for 3 years, me 3 months, and i (sortof) know him
yeah I know dude. but I think his return will be short lived
Old 11-15-2007, 06:23 PM
tehLEGOman

Received 1,983 Likes on 1,336 Posts
I hope they let you stay bud, you've contributed a good amount of info in terms of performance mods for the UA6.

canada guy enjoy your hid kit or whatever in the hell it is.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:42 PM
B A N N E D

I would totally understand if the admins dont let me stay. i just want to make sure no one is loosing any money and that i didnt stole peoples money and ran away.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:09 PM
'13 Hyundai Sonata

Received 99 Likes on 91 Posts
I believe that even though I don't know Lookinco I don't wanna sound like I'm defending him either but we are all here to help each other. Even though he didn't respond to anything that was sent to him at least he spoke up and said something to let everyone know that he didn't intend to look like a scam artist even though it ended up looking like that. Everyone that bought something from him was able to get their money back. I believe that if he is allowed to stay he should be banned from ever selling anything on the Black Market again because what he did was totally unacceptable. I was brought up in a way to forgive and with forgiving came new guidelines that we had to go by and that is what should happen here.

From what people have said about him is all positive before what occurred through the Black Market. I just want to help keep someone that was here for a while and helped people out with their problems when they had one. There are many new people here that are always asking the same questions and with "veterans" (in a sense) here they are able to help the noobs as they come to the site having all these questions.

I would just like everyone to take this into consideration because even though what Lookinco did was unacceptable everyone should be given a second chance.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:15 PM
How may I help you.....?

Originally Posted by Ron A
I don't know if I will allow you to "come back" but while I am deciding I will say that you definitely violated the primary rule of the Black Market, meaning you were selling something that was not your own for profit.

I don't accept your explanation and I don't accept the fact that you never replied to all the questions and emails and pm's until now.

If I do let you stay, which is still an uncertainty, there is no way in hell you would ever be able to sell anything here again.
Isnt that a little harsh?
Old 11-15-2007, 07:26 PM
Tristate ViP Crew

It sounds like a misunderstanding and lack of communication plus customs issues. I highly doubt he is a scammer , just a bit scared cause he didnt have an answer for the buyer's question and didnt wanna seem like he was giving the guy the runaround.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:32 PM
Administrator

There's no excuse for not promptly replying to questions about shipments, and I have zero tolerance for people who mess up in the Black Market.

I am still deciding on letting him stay, but there are other issues involved, which will take me some time to check out and figure out what to do.

I left this thread open so people could voice their opinions, and I know lookinco is a big help in this forum, so if he does stay it will be without access to the Black Market.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:33 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by jmbnova
Isnt that a little harsh?
I for one, Jeff, do not think that is harsh. A second chance to be a part of the community...yes. But a second chance to do what was done again...no. If someone PMs him, then they can take a chance on their own. But for the mods to establish that precedent, would be wrong. Then others could do something similar, for unscrupulous means, and cite his return as a reason they should be pardoned. I don't have an opinion of him as a salesperson because I didn't buy anything, but I do know that when all you have is your word for people to trust in you (not like we have a point/record system like Ebay), then how do you know what to believe?

I think he just wanted to set the record straight anyway, not necessarily be given the opportunity to sell. Unfortunately, that is what you set yourself up for when you don't come thru for people. Especially when pretty much most of what he said seems to be acceptable if given when it was asked. You know what I'm saying? Who really knows what happened but him?

But people got their money back, which should serve to at least calm the waters, if not totally still them...But when you are the boss (mod), you must be fair and you must be firm. So I do understand the decision and the message it sends.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:42 PM
How may I help you.....?

Originally Posted by darksom1
I for one, Jeff, do not think that is harsh. A second chance to be a part of the community...yes. But a second chance to do what was done again...no. If someone PMs him, then they can take a chance on their own. But for the mods to establish that precedent, would be wrong. Then others could do something similar, for unscrupulous means, and cite his return as a reason they should be pardoned. I don't have an opinion of him as a salesperson because I didn't buy anything, but I do know that when all you have is your word for people to trust in you (not like we have a point/record system like Ebay), then how do you know what to believe?

I think he just wanted to set the record straight anyway, not necessarily be given the opportunity to sell. Unfortunately, that is what you set yourself up for when you don't come thru for people. Especially when pretty much most of what he said seems to be acceptable if given when it was asked. You know what I'm saying? Who really knows what happened but him?

But people got their money back, which should serve to at least calm the waters, if not totally still them...But when you are the boss (mod), you must be fair and you must be firm. So I do understand the decision and the message it sends.
I can understand that.. makes sense... My thought is just that it should be black or white. If he was booted from the site, then boot him when he comes back instead of telling the guy that his "AZ future" is undecided in a public setting...

If hes gone, hes gone.... if not then it should just be over. Period. Drama is over-rated...

.:KCCO:.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
ive been around here for ahwile and have read a lot of what lookinco has said.... he's helped a few members out...

But, no matter what happens, i personally wouldn't buy anything from him. it's not even the trust factor from this past problem/misunderstanding.... it's the fact that if you are dealing with someone elses money, you can't leave em high and dry with no explanation.

it's like buying something from costco even though it costs the same or might cost a bit more then buying from an unreputable company, but i know that i can return it if something goes wrong because they have a good return policy.

its the customer service factor.

bottom line. it's not cool that there were no responses given for a good amount of time when you are dealing with somebody else's money.
Glacier Frost Mica CL-S

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
Welcome Back!

good thing u decided to post cuz i was about to come up there and whoop your ass boy . anyways good to here that u finally back and DON'T EVER TRY SOMETHING LIKE THIS AGAIN.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:43 PM
Suzuka Master

I figured something was up...why whould he scam people for $239 when he could just have everyone put a down payment on a J-pipe and then bail!

Nah just kidding, glad it was a misunderstanding...still though, own up to your probs

Now your new name says LookinCO2 (carbon dioxide) lol
Old 11-15-2007, 07:43 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

I can understand that.. makes sense... My thought is just that it should be black or white. If he was booted from the site, then boot him when he comes back instead of telling the guy that his "AZ future" is undecided in a public setting...

If hes gone, hes gone.... if not then it should just be over. Period. Drama is over-rated...

Yup...you right...I hate drama!
Old 11-15-2007, 07:44 PM
'13 Hyundai Sonata

Received 99 Likes on 91 Posts
Originally Posted by Ron A
There's no excuse for not promptly replying to questions about shipments, and I have zero tolerance for people who mess up in the Black Market.

I am still deciding on letting him stay, but there are other issues involved, which will take me some time to check out and figure out what to do.

I left this thread open so people could voice their opinions, and I know lookinco is a big help in this forum, so if he does stay it will be without access to the Black Market.
I believe that the banning from the Black Market is what should be done.

I totally understand where Ron is coming from because he wants to make a point that if he does ban him that nothing like this is ever going to fly around here. This is totally his decision and his decisions are final because he is the Administrator.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:44 PM
FizzyStatus!

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Azine Drama
Old 11-15-2007, 07:46 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hahaha, finally back man.
Now you know what I was talking about when I told you people were looking for you.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:47 PM
Administrator

Thanks for all the comments, and I'm going to close this thread for a while until I can gather some more facts.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:50 PM
Administrator

lookinco2-please don't post anything else until I get everything checked out and let you know what to do.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:17 PM
Administrator

For those who have been wondering about the outcome of all this, I have closed the lookinco2 account and opened the lookinco account, so lookinco is back and all you modding fiends can be happy.

Lookinco is banned from the Black Market and is not allowed to sell or trade anything.

I appreciate all the comments, and the fact that this thread stayed clean. A fitting testament to the quality of our 3G TL members.