Loaner Confessions

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006 | 08:06 AM
Instructor

I alway treat me loaners well as I am grateful my dealer provides the car for my use at no charge. If they start breakin' then maybe they won't do it and I'll be rentin cars when mine is in the shop. Then again, up until the TL most of my loaners have been GM's from GM stores and it doesn't take much to break something on one of those .

FWIW, rentals are a WHOLE other story and most likely another thread lol.
Old 09-08-2006 | 09:54 AM
RAR

Originally Posted by MR1

Most of this stuff is OK my son! We all do something, sometimes even in our own cars. Its a question of the degree of mistreatment.

Anywho let's hit the meat of this post, yes father I have sinned. Although I would not call it abuse, I treated her differently than my own.

Bless me Father for I have sinned, it has been 37 years since my last confession. These are my sins.

Father, twice I have parked close to my work entrance among other cars and yes, even trucks with big heavy doors driven by rednecks named Billy-Bob. Once I put gasoline other than high test in and I also ate a Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich and drank a soda inside of her. And finally father, once, just once I did a ...ah ...hmmm... well....I did a medium burn-out at a light ...she got away from me father.

For these and all the sins of my life I am sorry.[/font][/size][/font]
[/QUOTE]

As penance, you must perform 3 loaner washings, 1 interior cleaning, and do something nice for your service rep
Old 09-08-2006 | 11:15 AM
Burning Brakes

Even though older age does not equal more maturity, it's a good factor. This is probably why some dealers will not give loaners or rental agency will not rent to people under 21 (this is not always true). Remember dealers give out loaners as a courtesy!

I take care of my loaner just like I do my own. I have never washed one, but it definately goes into my garage at home when keeping one overnight.
Old 09-08-2006 | 11:45 AM
Instructor

ehh....dealers taking loaners out from the program because it's a hastle and people don't take good care of the cars? it does not work like that. whether to provide loaner/rental/shuttle service depends on their marketing campaign, which is decided by internal marketing team or by indepednent auto market research results (eg. JDPower CSI).

If they find loaner/rental service not helping to retain customer loyalty or improve satisfaction, then they won't provide it, not cuz of people abusing the cars
Old 09-08-2006 | 12:00 PM
Intermediate

I MAY admit to beating on a loaner a bit more... but then again, I enjoy using the hell out of my car now so that's not saying much.

However, a rental is another story... I've done some dumbass things in a rental, though I'm not proud of them. One time I had to spray paint a rocker panel to gloss over some "road damage" received while I was out of state. Thank god for AutoZones in even the smallest communities!
Old 09-08-2006 | 12:04 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jimmyl729
ehh....dealers taking loaners out from the program because it's a hastle and people don't take good care of the cars? it does not work like that. whether to provide loaner/rental/shuttle service depends on their marketing campaign, which is decided by internal marketing team or by indepednent auto market research results (eg. JDPower CSI).

If they find loaner/rental service not helping to retain customer loyalty or improve satisfaction, then they won't provide it, not cuz of people abusing the cars
If a dealer starts having problems with the loaner program (people trashing the cars), and it starts to cost them money... it will definitely cause them to rethink their policies. It's all about the $$$
Old 09-08-2006 | 12:07 PM
FOR SALE - BM

i one time borrowed the factory floor mats and the trunk all season mat... other than that, i don't drive the car any different than i drive my own car... the loaner car came from a dealership that absolutely sucked...
Old 09-08-2006 | 01:22 PM
Senior Moderator

I am in a beautiful Redondo Red/Parchment 06 TL loaner for the day today while I have my car serviced. I drive it like I do my own.

For example: it has only 6180 miles and has a loud, squeaky rattle coming from the lower center compartment door, by the power outlet. I'll be nice and tell the dealer about it when I return it. If a non-TL owner were thinking of upgrading, they'd be turned off by the noise.
Old 09-08-2006 | 02:01 PM
RAR

Originally Posted by drdamian
i one time borrowed the factory floor mats and the trunk all season mat... other than that, i don't drive the car any different than i drive my own car... the loaner car came from a dealership that absolutely sucked...
As penance, you must clean/wash the mats of the next loaner you get!
Old 09-08-2006 | 02:17 PM
Intermediate

just a question, I remember seeing a post on the sales office wall when purchasing my TL. It says dealer will only provide the loaners (rentals) when the car is in for warranty repair (not for the regular/schedule services). In that case, the more loaners you drove, the more warranty issues you have?!?! Is that true?

I had my new TL went in the dealer once for rattles fix, and they gave me rental instead -- A DODGE TRUCK, feels like driving a boat which made me feel dizzy all day...
Old 09-08-2006 | 02:20 PM
RAR

Originally Posted by gainsay
just a question, I remember seeing a post on the sales office wall when purchasing my TL. It says dealer will only provide the loaners (rentals) when the car is in for warranty repair (not for the regular/schedule services). In that case, the more loaners you drove, the more warranty issues you have?!?! Is that true?

I had my new TL went in the dealer once for rattles fix, and they gave me rental instead -- A DODGE TRUCK, feels like driving a boat which made me feel dizzy all day...
I'm sure its at the discretion of each dealer.
Old 09-08-2006 | 02:40 PM
MR1
05/5AT/Navi/ABP/Quartz

As penance, you must perform 3 loaner washings, 1 interior cleaning, and do something nice for your service rep [/QUOTE]

1. I do, hate dirty cars (drive through cheapie auto wash)
2. No
3. 2 Way street - I treat people like they treat me, good service is noted to management as is poor service. Dealership Sales/Mgt. personnal know me, purchased three in 4 years, sold another 3-4 for them. Just informed them RDX sucks, MDX too expensive, TL is also getting there for 2007.
Old 09-08-2006 | 02:52 PM
RAR

Originally Posted by MR1
1. I do, hate dirty cars (drive through cheapie auto wash)
2. No
3. 2 Way street - I treat people like they treat me, good service is noted to management as is poor service. Dealership Sales/Mgt. personnal know me, purchased three in 4 years, sold another 3-4 for them. Just informed them RDX sucks, MDX too expensive, TL is also getting there for 2007.

The penance was actually for Tecciztecatl whose confession I mistook as yours. You must do penance for repeatedly breaking your quotes though.
Old 09-08-2006 | 04:32 PM
Racer

i wish acuras service was on par with lexus'

my sister has a lexus and everytime she takes her car in, even for an oil change, they give her a loaner and she doesnt even have to put gas in it.

when i got my one and only loaner so far, the first thing i checked was the gas mileage. i checked how many miles i could make it with the gas in the tank and it said 4. i was barely able to make it to the gas station to put gas in the loaner. especially with the gas prices these days, it would be nice if acura upgraded their loaner service to be equivalent to acura.

i was sooooo close to buying the is250 instead of the tl just because lexus has a far superior service in terms of loaners and such.
Old 09-08-2006 | 04:53 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by jsong83
i wish acuras service was on par with lexus'

my sister has a lexus and everytime she takes her car in, even for an oil change, they give her a loaner and she doesnt even have to put gas in it.

when i got my one and only loaner so far, the first thing i checked was the gas mileage. i checked how many miles i could make it with the gas in the tank and it said 4. i was barely able to make it to the gas station to put gas in the loaner. especially with the gas prices these days, it would be nice if acura upgraded their loaner service to be equivalent to acura.

i was sooooo close to buying the is250 instead of the tl just because lexus has a far superior service in terms of loaners and such.
Infiniti is the same way. I always get loaners, even for oil changes. I make my appointment for early in the mornings, so lots of times, they'll take me to their back lot, and ask me which car I want to take out as a loaner They've never asked me to keep my miles down or to fill the tank back up. (I'd fill the tank if I had to take the car home, because it's a good 70 miles round trip to my house from this location)

As for Acura service. It's probably dependent on the dealer. The dealer I bought my 2G TL from, (130 miles from my house), has great service. I've always gotten RL loaners from them, even when I've taken my 3G TL there, which I didn't even buy from them. Even for oil changes, they gave me a loaner. One time when I was getting my spoiler installed at the same time, he told me to go enjoy the scenery. (ie, drive to the beach).

Local Acura dealer is a different story. No loaners for oil changes. In fact, most of the time when I got service I still dind't get Acura loaners. Only enterprise rentals. Though the other local Acura dealer said I could bring the rental back and see if they had any Acura loaners in stock. Which is cool I guess.
Old 09-08-2006 | 10:09 PM
MR1
05/5AT/Navi/ABP/Quartz

Originally Posted by leedogg
The penance was actually for Tecciztecatl whose confession I mistook as yours. You must do penance for repeatedly breaking your quotes though.
All in the spirit of full disclosure. Didn't want to come off as a fake, lying wannabe angel.
Old 09-10-2006 | 05:42 PM
Instructor

If I get a loaner that's the same model that I own (a TL) - I usually check it out to see what's broken/in disrepair. Because they're usually driven hard, loaners show wear and tear earlier on in their lives. It's a good way to see what you need to keep an eye on. I won't drive it hard (why bother?).

If it's a different model (TSX or RL), I'm gonna see what she's got. Harder than normal acceleration, cornering and braking.
Old 09-10-2006 | 06:20 PM
One on the right for me

Originally Posted by lumpydog
If it's a different model (TSX or RL), I'm gonna see what she's got. Harder than normal acceleration, cornering and braking.

I think thats legitimate. As long as you are not abusing the car I see no problem with that. In fact, it could work out to benefit Acura in the long run. If you are extremely impressed with an RL or TSX based on your loaner experience that might influence your next car buying decision.
Old 09-10-2006 | 06:24 PM
アキュラ 力

Originally Posted by PoochaKannInc
I've actually washed my loaner because it was dirty...
Lol, I must confess I'm guilty of this too
Old 09-10-2006 | 07:39 PM
Senior Moderator

when i got my renatl RL, they said it has unlimited milage on it, the dealership is in orlando, me in daytona, a good 120 miles round trip. Only thing is to just fill up the car with the amount of gas you got it with as a courtsey to the next customer.
At the dealership i go to, they ask you what car you want as your loaner when you make the appt. (if no appt. is made, they give you and MDX or enterprise rental), and also if it has warrenty work on it and you bought the car from them, they will drive to your house, give you the loaner and drive your car to the dealership and bring it back.