Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

License Plate plug

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 10:57 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 293 Likes on 253 Posts
License Plate plug

Anyone know the part # for the front bumper licence plate plugs in WDP? Or want to donate thiers?
Old 06-14-2007, 11:12 PM
DER NEUE ^

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
http://www.acuraoemparts.com/delray/...All&vinsrch=no
Item 11, you going to need two plugs-should be about $25 shipped.

But do yourself a favor, go to your dealer service dept. and try to get the plugs from the service guys for free. They are throwing these away in the states where the front plate is mandatory, it's a liability issue for them, as in not to encourage driving w/o the front plate. Doesn't make sense to me but they do many other stupid things so I'm not surprised. Good luck!
Old 06-14-2007, 11:15 PM
Suzuka Master

Good deal .. thank you ... Ya I thought about going to the dealer but its a 4 hour trip one way to the closest one .. and I never thought of it when I bought the car.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:35 PM
DER NEUE ^

Oh OK, but you know it just drives me nuts that you have to buy or go get and have hassle for something that was suppose to come with your car as standard equipment. I mean you paid for these when you bought your car. Stupid dealers.

I guess sometimes though it's just easier to pay the money and not have a hassle. In your situation I say just pay the money and forget about it. Not worth the aggravation or even thinking about it, haha.
Old 06-15-2007, 01:33 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ACTROS
Oh OK, but you know it just drives me nuts that you have to buy or go get and have hassle for something that was suppose to come with your car as standard equipment. I mean you paid for these when you bought your car. Stupid dealers.

I guess sometimes though it's just easier to pay the money and not have a hassle. In your situation I say just pay the money and forget about it. Not worth the aggravation or even thinking about it, haha.
25 miles is 25 minutes or less. It's not $25 worth of gas to go 25 mles, so if you call them and they will give them to you...go get 'em!!
Old 06-15-2007, 04:50 AM
Safety Car

Received 134 Likes on 130 Posts
I called about the little plugs and the parts guy told me they were $40 a pair. WTF. Then he told me he thinks he saw a silver TL being sold a few minutes ago. He told me he would call me back. Five minutes later he called back and said he had a new set for free. Super nice dude. BAD news, I already lost one, I was showing a friend and then stuck it in my pocket instead of the little compartment by the shifter where I usually keep it.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:13 AM
Let's Go Pens

$10 at your local dealership! I bought my pair at a dealer in virginia and just called the dealer where I bought the car in jersey and they said come in and they will give me a pair
Old 06-15-2007, 07:22 AM
Let's Go Pens

My question is... how do you remove them once installed and once removed do they have to be replaced or can you just put them back on? The reason I ask is because I live in jersey but i'm registered in Virginia.. Whenever I go back to VA, I want to be able to toss my front plate on. One less thing for the police to hassle me about
Old 06-15-2007, 07:39 AM
DER NEUE ^

They are reusable pop in/pop outs, use a thin tipped screw driver or something sharp like a knife for removal. I believe they have a little cut out on a side to help the removal. Btw the same thing goes for the tow hook thingy cover on the right front corner of the car, check it out. I wonder why the dealer left that cover on, what if someone decides to put the tow hook on and driver like that, I don't know, sounds like a liability to me haha, moron dealers you hear that?
Old 06-15-2007, 09:07 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by darksom1
25 miles is 25 minutes or less. It's not $25 worth of gas to go 25 mles, so if you call them and they will give them to you...go get 'em!!
In my case its 4 hours + one way .
Old 06-15-2007, 07:52 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jesstzn
my dealer hooked it UP!!!! they were 18.95 each... they found a bucket of them in the back and gave them to me for free!!!

check ur dealer
Old 06-15-2007, 08:57 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Jesstzn
$25 it is then, cuz I'll be damn if I drive 8 hours just to get some plug-ins!!! Good luck Jess!
Old 06-16-2007, 10:17 PM
Mofo

Originally Posted by darksom1
$25 it is then, cuz I'll be damn if I drive 8 hours just to get some plug-ins!!! Good luck Jess!
I'm with you on that one!

Luckily I have 2 dealers w/in 10mins from me...I'm gonna go ask next time I'm at the dealer..
Old 06-16-2007, 10:20 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by maluskills
I'm with you on that one!

Luckily I have 2 dealers w/in 10mins from me...I'm gonna go ask next time I'm at the dealer..
Check for me too ....
Old 07-11-2007, 11:41 PM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I just ordered a pair from that link Actros posted. I tried calling the local dealership. In Minnesota its mandatory to have front plates, when I first mentioned plate plugs, his attitude totally did a 180. He started being a big male genital for the rest of the call.

Around here the Acura and Honda dealerships are really anal with anything related to customizing, aftermarket etc. Its to the point where they will treat you differently if they think youre one of the modding type. There are a few employees that are just like us and understand.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:07 AM
Cruisin'

For St. Louis guys...got mine for free from St. Louis Acura . They keep all the extras that come off for license plate frames. I went in person and asked the parts manager and he didn't have a problem handing them out.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:18 AM
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
I just bit the bullet and hit the dealer. They had no freebies lying around....they did check. Good thing my dealer is 5 mins away as opposed to the 4 hors you're looking at. Acura must not be popular in your area.

Anyway, I wanted to warn you that after mine arrived I got to the dealer and popped them in and they were not the same color. From what I understand it's nearly impossible to match WDP on bumpers and plastic. I pointed outthe difference to the dealer, and asked him to reorder. He did and i kept the 2 out of the 4 that matched the most. It's hard to see the difference until you mount them.

Good luck.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:30 AM
Racer

FWIW - The first thing I did when I pulled my TL into the garage was take off the dealer trim brackets and the front plate bracket. I found the holes but no plugs, further my shifter lockout bypass plug was missing. I brought it in and they gave me a quizzical "no front plate?" BS, but they told me most of the guys doing PDIs have piles of them, trouble is as was mentioned matching them... When I picked the car up later they were installed.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:57 PM
Let's Go Pens

This is a bit off topic but instead of starting a new thread I thought I'd ask here.

Does anyone know how I can setup a magnetic device that I could put on my inside of my bumper and back of my license plate and that I would be able to easily remove it when needed? It's hard to explain but hopefully someone will have an idea of what i'm talking about. it would be so much easier than having to pop the plugs out and screw on the plate everytime I go down to virginia. I have just been putting the plate on dash in the corner of the winshield (which is actually illegal in VA) everytime I got down but was just thinking of something that is not cosmetically permanent and would be fairly easy. Anyone know where I can find a magnet store? lol
Old 07-13-2007, 03:58 PM
'16 FBP Advance FWD

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Evader
This is a bit off topic but instead of starting a new thread I thought I'd ask here.

Does anyone know how I can setup a magnetic device that I could put on my inside of my bumper and back of my license plate and that I would be able to easily remove it when needed? It's hard to explain but hopefully someone will have an idea of what i'm talking about. it would be so much easier than having to pop the plugs out and screw on the plate everytime I go down to virginia. I have just been putting the plate on dash in the corner of the winshield (which is actually illegal in VA) everytime I got down but was just thinking of something that is not cosmetically permanent and would be fairly easy. Anyone know where I can find a magnet store? lol
Maybe something like these?

http://www.kjmagnetics.com/proddetai...%2DN50&cat=168
http://www.kjmagnetics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=BY0X04

Perhaps one pair of the D88-N50 per screw on the plate (one behind your plug, one in the plate frame) and one or two pairs of the BY0X04 behind the bumper on the top of the plate.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:16 PM
Intermediate

Just called three dealerships by my area and none had them in stock or had any extras.

I'm getting a clear bra installed tomorrow morning and wish I took care of this earlier.

Maybe I'll just get the clear bra installed and when the plugs come in, I'll just cut a small hole in the bra and just put the plug in.
Old 07-13-2007, 05:07 PM
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Evader

Epoxy some magnets to the back side of the bumper cover. The magnets will hold the plate not problem. Just be sure to use some good sized magnets. There is nothing behind the bumper cover where the plate goes, so it should work fine for what you need.
Eric