Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lets rewrite the firmware!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2004, 02:00 AM
2004 TL, NBL 5AT+NAVI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lets rewrite the firmware!

Are you really satisfied with the onboard AI?

First, let me first bow my head low to the honorable software engineers (wherever they may be) who originally designed the navigation system and voice commands for the TL. Those features were honestly the deciding factors in my purchase decison (the rave reviews in Consumer Reports helped). As true pioneers in the field of pratical, artifical intelligence, I'm certain they will be flattered by my proposal. I challenge all true TL lovers to join me in sponsoring the first annual...

TL AI CPU EDU

It's simple really. We challenge all hackers, crackers, and smackers to a challenge: Crack the Acura TL's Artificial Intelligence system to allow owners to pre-program specific, customized, voice activated commands to activate all of the existing functions of the system... with their own words that they decide. For example: "Airconditioner Off = "God Damn its cold in here!"

We're looking for the first person or team to sucessfully and reliably crack the system and create a DVD upgrade disk that can be used to upload the new features. Specifically, the underlying code must be rewriten to reassociate AND rerecord the factory pre-recorded voice maps that match up with with specific macros controlling the air conditioning, radio, mapping, etc. A "Rollback to Original Factory Settings" option is critical, which may require a duplicate of the latest dealer boot disk.

I and a select group of existing, registered TL owners will collectively award the first successful cracker a finders fee for the worldwide, exclusive rights rights to the upgrade DVD. The fee will depend on how much we're impressed. Think of the challenge... its far more complex than that stupid Sony Aibo of a couple of years ago and WAY more fun!

All serious TL lovers looking to pool our resorces to attract the top programming talent for the '04 equivilent of the Manhattan Project, please contact me. Please let me know in your message what such an upgrade (assuming of course you could revert cleanly and easily back the factory settings) would be worth to you. And anyone who knows someone who knows someone geeky enough to reprogram a motor vehicle's brain... please let them know of this challenge.

Reply to this posting if you think this all sounds intriguing,

--- JAMES ---
San Jose, CA
'04 TL 5AT/NAVI Nighthawk Black Pearl
Old 05-08-2004, 02:32 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Welcome to the board. Your big FONTs really makes me scary. It's matter of time that some shops will have mods very soon.
Old 05-08-2004, 02:34 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by rets
Your big FONTs really makes me scary.
But, it's in Times New Roman; it's so easy to read :toothless
Old 05-08-2004, 06:28 AM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
Scrolling the screen made me think of the intro to the original Star Wars:

A Long Time Ago...
In a Galaxy Far Far Away...
Old 05-08-2004, 10:19 PM
Mav
Team Nighthawk Spokesman

Roflmao!!!
Old 05-09-2004, 12:35 AM
TL-SHAWD 6MT Rocks!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Normal font will suffice... in this forum

I'll see what I can find out about the AI upgrade..

Team Anthracite CTO
Old 05-09-2004, 02:05 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by NOX 3.2
Normal font will suffice... in this forum

I'll see what I can find out about the AI upgrade..

Team Anthracite CTO
search the TSX forum they already been thru this. it is very hard to try to develop software and deploy it to the existing system. i dunno who has this much time on their hand and is willing to use their own TL as a test machine but i guess anything can be done in the software world. it's just how realistic its going to be.
Old 05-09-2004, 02:15 AM
Drifting

I think a few people I know could pull this off but since none of us own a TL just yet and we all have day jobs, school, etc, it will not be worth our time.... yet