Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Keeping NBP Clean Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2004, 03:02 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keeping NBP Clean Opinions

I do like to wash my NBP atleast once a week but I know it can get expensive. What in your opinions are the best products for your money in keeping the car clean. Should I buy Mothers products and do the typical:

1. Rinse
2. Wash
3. Rinse
4. Dry
5. Detail
Old 03-11-2004, 03:22 PM
never stops!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Put 3 coats Zaino show car polish once. Then do the following;

Clean wheels every week
Dust cars daily or every other day with California duster
Wash with Z7 and dry and spray-wipe Z6 as needed when dirty.
Vaccum interior monthly
Wipe dash with clean damp cloth

This is what I do to keep my NBP clean and shining.
Old 03-11-2004, 03:34 PM
What's a TL?

Originally posted by joganjani
Put 3 coats Zaino show car polish once. Then do the following;

Clean wheels every week
Dust cars daily or every other day with California duster
Wash with Z7 and dry and spray-wipe Z6 as needed when dirty.
Vaccum interior monthly
Wipe dash with clean damp cloth

This is what I do to keep my NBP clean and shining.
My car's white, but I do the same. Just last night I had a friend look over the car as it sat directly under a street light and asked how I have zero swirl marks even though I have used polish...he was sold on Zaino that second.
Old 03-11-2004, 03:35 PM
Burning Brakes

Where do you purchase the Zaino and how much does it cost.
Old 03-11-2004, 03:39 PM
What's a TL?

Originally posted by coop1018
Where do you purchase the Zaino and how much does it cost.
www.zainobros.com it costs a lot.... IMO the key products are the Z2, ZFX, Z6...you can get the wash and claybar, but you can get different washes and claybar anywhere. Personally, I got the whole kit because I believe in keeping consistancy with the products, they just seem to function better that way.
Old 03-11-2004, 03:39 PM
Lurker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://www.zainobros.com

The price lists are on there. It's expensive, but worth it. Do a seach here for Zaino and you should find some pics of people who've done it.

I love it and swear by it.
Old 03-12-2004, 06:44 AM
Racer

Zaino works great. The car looks super after a good wash and a Zaino. What I can't stand is the remaining water hidden in rear view mirrors that splash on to the side of car during the first ride. I even slide my chamois in there to get the water out, but they just hide way back in there. Same behind the rear license plate - water mark on top of rear bumper.

Any one notice the dust magnet your becomes after the Zaino treatment? Maybe it's just the NBP thing.
Old 03-12-2004, 06:58 AM
Advanced

wax

Mequire's NXT Wax is stiff competition for Zaino. & much cheaper.

The NXT Booster wax - IMHO - duplicates the Zaino thing for a lot less $$$.

Not bashing Zaino...just giving alternatives.

Randy

NBP 6MT - Company Car :-)
Old 03-12-2004, 07:44 AM
Burning Brakes

Randy, thanks for the input, I feel the Zaino is a little pricey to keep the car clean, I will research that Meguires. I just feel it is a little excessive to buy 5 or 6 different Zaino products for $100
Old 03-12-2004, 08:07 AM
Burning Brakes

http://www.meguiars.com/whatsnew/nxt_home.cfm

Should I buy the whole line up here...Looks great,,,and a great price
Old 03-12-2004, 08:41 AM
Advanced

Eh...I got the Wax & Booster for ~$20 from Wally-world.
Old 03-12-2004, 09:14 AM
Burning Brakes

does it do the job well ran?
Old 03-12-2004, 09:30 AM
What's a TL?

Randy, thanks for the input, I feel the Zaino is a little pricey to keep the car clean, I will research that Meguires. I just feel it is a little excessive to buy 5 or 6 different Zaino products for $100
Is it really excessive to keep your car looking really, really, really good?? Its not the type of thing you purchase more than every year or so anyway. It works out to pennies a day for a product that is loved by your fellow TLrs. There are some points where I would draw the line as far as my car care goes, but spending a little extra for the long term benefit of having a really nice looking exterior is worth it. The shine on my car is worth the $100 it cost me (and everyone that has seen/touched it agrees). Cannot speak for the Meguires, but I know some people here like it. As for Zaino, anyone who has used it will tell you its the best.
Old 03-12-2004, 09:44 AM
Burning Brakes

Well tell that to my wife, she thinks it is ridiculous that I actually clean it once a week. she thinks once a month is a good idea. Yea right!!!
Old 03-12-2004, 10:22 AM
Racer

My wife teases me about keeping my car clean also (and I haven't even started using Zaino yet). I usually respond with stuff like asking her to please to me explain what the big deal is with potpourri, guest towels, or socks with toe holes. We both laugh, trade a few more zingers, laugh some more, then agree to call it a draw.
Old 03-12-2004, 10:45 AM
Burning Brakes

Ha well it was hard enough getting those OEM 18's with her agreeing to put our "hard earned money towards" . I said hey, this is why you drive a civic!!! Put more money towards a nice car for me.!
Old 03-12-2004, 11:29 AM
Racer

Ha well it was hard enough getting those OEM 18's with her agreeing to put our "hard earned money towards" . I said hey, this is why you drive a civic!!! Put more money towards a nice car for me.!
Hey coop!

I did a lousy job of Zaino 2 weeks ago. I put just one coat of Z2 and then have been just washing the car once a week. BUT what a difference! I think if I put 3 coats like the instruction and claybar prior to polish, my NBP will look like a showcar.

I suggest getting zaino espcially for NBP, my car was alot more shinier than my girl's Anthrite after zaino. Zaino is NBP's best friend!!

PS- if you have friends with nice cars....make everyone chip in to buy Zaino. Its good to wash and polish 3~4 cars at once, make a zaino day or somthing
Old 03-12-2004, 11:50 AM
Advanced

To put this into perspective.....

I wash my car(s) once a week. I wax 'em every 3 months.

I had an 86 integra that I only used Nufinish on. It looked damn good when I sold it in 94?.

Since then I've used Zymol...not as good as Nufinish...so I saw this NXT stuff on the shelf...It goes on darn easy, & shines better than anything I've used.

If you want to get a shine that is "that much" better, than by all means do the Zaino thing. I can't imagine the difference being that profound.

I would venture to say that most of what you read here about zaino users is "avoidance of buyers remorse". I mean, come on, who would spend $100 on some wax & tell us it sucked?

Has any one used NXT & Zaino...is so, is there an $80 diff?
Old 03-12-2004, 12:10 PM
Racer

Originally posted by ranberndt
To put this into perspective.....

I wash my car(s) once a week. I wax 'em every 3 months.

I had an 86 integra that I only used Nufinish on. It looked damn good when I sold it in 94?.

Since then I've used Zymol...not as good as Nufinish...so I saw this NXT stuff on the shelf...It goes on darn easy, & shines better than anything I've used.

If you want to get a shine that is "that much" better, than by all means do the Zaino thing. I can't imagine the difference being that profound.

I would venture to say that most of what you read here about zaino users is "avoidance of buyers remorse". I mean, come on, who would spend $100 on some wax & tell us it sucked?

Has any one used NXT & Zaino...is so, is there an $80 diff?
buyer's remorse??? no...i think we are all very happy, so happy that we want to inform other enthusiest about them.

$80 diifference?? its a $35,000 car! sounds a little like trying to see the difference of TL and Accord, $6,000 difference.

Old 03-12-2004, 12:11 PM
What's a TL?

Originally posted by ranberndt

Trust me, $100 isn't cheap, but its also not that much dough. When you consider what it costs to get the car professionally detailer, $100 is a bargain. I'm not here to be deceptive or to try and legitimize my buying $84 worth of wax, it would be a waste of time. The compliments I have received are amazing, and the results that friends and strangers have seen when I used the Zaino convinced many to place their order that day. Not all polishes are created equally, and this product is exceptional. If it wasn't, I'd be the first one on here telling you to save your dough.
Old 03-12-2004, 12:32 PM
never stops!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by casooner90
What I can't stand is the remaining water hidden in rear view mirrors that splash on to the side of car during the first ride. I even slide my chamois in there to get the water out, but they just hide way back in there. Same behind the rear license plate - water mark on top of rear bumper.
To avoid this I use a leaf blower on the mirror, license plates and grill. So there are no drip lines.
Old 03-12-2004, 12:36 PM
Advanced

The G35 I had before I got the TL was black, and I told myself that I would never buy a black vehicle again. I just took it to be hand washed once a week, and then once a month, I got it hand washed, armorall'd and buffed. That crap got expensive, but then again, I am a lazy bastage...

~Z
Old 03-12-2004, 01:21 PM
TLover

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if u add it up its about $10 or less a wash. lets see u get that price at a cer wash. and if u do its nowhere close to the good job u would do by ur self.
Old 03-12-2004, 03:03 PM
Advanced

Is there any way to buy the Zaino and have someone else apply it or do some car detailing places offer the service? I live in South Florida.