Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just test drove 2007 Camry SE

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 04:20 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gurneyeagle
Anyone else notice that our hero has fallen silent since the mention of the link being e mailed to the the Jacksonville area dealerships?

He was incredibly unprofessional, assuming he really was the internet sales manager.
I think it was the link and the Soprano's reference that made him scram
Old 03-16-2006, 04:22 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by wasabe918
Jeez, why do you always have to attack ppls grammer and spelling, as long as we get out points through. man, this is no english class.
Because someone is too lazy (or stupid) to properly compose a message is a burden to everyone else who tries to read it. Everyone makes typos, but this run-on sentence, misspelled crap is a joke. Save it for your text messages.
Old 03-16-2006, 04:32 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

Jeez, why do you always have to attack ppls grammer and spelling, as long as we get out points through. man, this is no english class.
He wants his points to be taken seriously but he has the reading comprehension and grammar skills of a Pre-K'er. That's the problem. And haven't you learned by now that you are in Acurazine University?!

I am still amused at his logic about trade-in values dictating the superiority of a Honda product over a Toyota product. Who would have thought a $25k Camry would hold its value better than a $35k TL. Am I the only one who sees the problem in that comparison?

This thread has brought out the best as well as the worst Acurazine has to offer.
Old 03-16-2006, 04:37 PM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts

I dont have a problem if someone forgets the "i before e except after c, though when an a...blah blah blah" rule, but just god awful spelling is a pain in the ass to read. There have been some pretty bad posts in the past where it was nearly impossible to understand what the hell the person was saying. Its just easier on everyone if a little effort is made.
Old 03-16-2006, 04:48 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

Originally Posted by HotBoyinDaAcura
objectivity has not come from you at all, Ive given you facts about honda and you tell me about the 70s. Ive given examples of toyotas lack of service and lack of ability to handle a customers needs and you call me subjective when all you have done is start a thread about a car that isnt even relevant to the TL and shouldnt even be compared. Then you try to hit me with things about what book we use to determine trade in value. That doesnt matter either. Im really trying to figure out what point you are trying to get across here because it seems to be everything I say would be wrong and that is all you have had to say without evidence. YA know this is a forum that i never come to anymore because of people like you. You havent made any sense. SO go ahead try to act like you have made a grand point here but you havent. Go get a camry and join their forum because I dont want someone like you driving our cars. I wouldnt even sell you one.

The worst dealership service I've ever received was from an Acura dealer. One of the best service experiences ever was from a Toyota dealer, another great one was from a Honda dealer. We can all share good and bad dealership experiences with ALL makes. If one bad dealership ruined the entire brand, I would have set my TL on fire in disgust after dealing with Nalley Acura.

Thank you for not frequenting Acurazine, it makes life easier on those of us who do. We are all enthusiasts here, and most of us do own Acura vehicles. However, neither our personal ownership nor the resale value of our cars (which isn't that great on my 2G TL, by the way) dictates the world's best automaker. The fact is that you started off this now 5-page thread by bashing Toyota, an automaker that you have pathetically limited knowledge of.

No one here has said that Toyota was more innovative than Honda. I know that this isn't true. No one here has more respect for Honda's products and practices than myself, but that doesn't stand in the way of me having the utmost respect for Toyota - despite what you want to believe, Toyota builds some of the highest quality, most well engineered vehicles on the road today. You can have the pleasure of owning one, or you can deny their brilliance but it is very, very stupid for you to try to make mockery of them.

This isn't about Acura VS Toyota, this is about cars - we're all here because we love cars, right?

Thought so.
Old 03-16-2006, 04:49 PM
AcurAdmirer

Received 352 Likes on 164 Posts
Originally Posted by HotBoyinDaAcura
the 96 acura RL was the first car in north america to have an occupancy detection system for the passenger side airbag. It was also the first car in north america to have a satellite linked navigation system. the 2004 Acura TL was the first car to have DVD audio and Bluetooh handsfree link. the 91 NSX was the first car in production to have an all aluminum frame and variable valve timing was first released in 1992 by honda. If you would like please post some examples of the things toyota pioneered?? and what does BWAHAHAHAH mean?
Bwahahaha! is the sound someone makes when they burst into laughter. Sometimes, if they're not careful, milk even spurts out of their nose when this happens.

The airbag system used in the '96 RL was a simple on-off switch, and wasn't exteremely reliable. The "real" smart airbag system was developed by Delphi Automotive Systems and introduced in 2000. Called "PODS" (for Passenger Occupant Detection), it was the first system to use weight to determine not only the presence of a passenger, but also how forcefully to deploy the airbag. Delphi is an American company, BTW, and it didn't debut its system in an Acura.

I can't determine if the first satellite nav system was in the '96 RL, but I suppose that's possible. Since the last of the GPS satellites wasn't launched until 1998, the system wasn't complete in '96 and any car system at that time was pretty primitive.

While DVD audio and Bluetooth may have been rushed into the '04 TL, Acura didn't invent either technology. There's no particular glory in being the first to put something in a car, especially if it's half-baked. And don't tell me Bluetooth isn't STILL half-baked. Nor that DVD-A discs are widely available.

Your first post stated that Acura pioneered the aluminum frame. Now you're modifying that to say the first production car with it. They hardly invented aluminum frames, which have been used in race cars for years. And if aluminum frames were that good an idea, why don't we see more of them? Reason is, they are expensive and difficult to build, and they are more prone to failure than steel frames.

Variable valve timing was not developed by Honda/Acura, but by the Germans. BMW has used it for years. Honda just gave it their own catchy name.

Toyota hasn't become the world's second-largest automaker (GM is still first, but just barely) by sitting on its hands. The list of Toyota patents and innovations fills volumes, and includes a lot of stuff you don't see ... like new composite materials, adhesives, polymers, etc. But it also includes entire new technologies, like the gas-electric hybrid powerplants that lead the industry in efficiency and fuel economy (can you say "Prius"?). They also developed the first modern, practical Atkinson-cycle engine, they were among the first to use turbos in consumer-level production cars, they developed more-efficient fuel injection systems, they produced the first viable fuel-cell powered vehicle, they developed the first "virtual human" for crash testing, and on and on and on.

Honda/Acura is a cool company, but they hardly have the market cornered on innovation. Unless, of course, you believe the hype they put out.
Old 03-16-2006, 05:06 PM
Administrator

Received 1,016 Likes on 577 Posts
Wow, this thing is growing like a real Ramblings thread. I guess all of us mods were out today for this thing to get so long, but it really belongs in the Car Talk Forum. But I am glad that nednj36 provided everyone with an afternoon of entertainment.

I skimmed through the thread and it seems pretty well behaved, which is a great achievement for a thread of this type in this forum.

Since we can't move threads into other forums, please repost there if you wish to continue this discussion.