Just got my P2R TBS, but...

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009 | 03:32 PM
Soon I will have

Just got my P2R TBS, but...

I had ordered the acurazine P2R TBS kit with the thermal gaskets from Excelerate. Of course I had been checking UPS.com since I recieved my tracking number and was stoked when I saw that it would be arriving today Monday, my only day off this week. Of course I have been looking out the window for that big brown truck to come since I woke up at 8am. Well he just came(4pm) and dropped off my little box. Like a kid on Christmas morning I ripped open the box...only to find no thermal gaskets....dam!! I called Excelerate to let them know, was told to check the box again to make sure they were not in there. I asked to have them overnighted as it seems like they forgot to put them in the box. I was told that they would not be overnighted, but would be shipped via UPS ground, just as the TBS was. They will be shipped out today and hopefully here by Thursday or Friday, but the install will have to wait until next week when I have another day off. I am sure the guys at Excelerate will get do there best to get them in the mail today, but....dam!!
Old 03-30-2009 | 04:20 PM
Pro

shit happens. at least its getting sent. i dont know of any company that would overnight a part on their behalf because of their goof up, unless it was an emergancy. What difference would it make if it was overnighted anyway? You said today was your only day off, and you made it sound like today could be the only day you could do the install until next week.
Old 03-30-2009 | 04:25 PM
Intermediate

i think his point is that when you order something and cant wait for it, its a big disappointment to find out you have to wait even longer because of something that is not your fault
Old 03-30-2009 | 04:36 PM
Pro

Yeah i know trust me when i was waiting for xlr8 catback i was watching out that window like a mofo too... Mine had a checklist of parts that where checked off, did you order have that golfjwr?
Old 03-30-2009 | 04:57 PM
Soon I will have

Originally Posted by Lazer187
Yeah i know trust me when i was waiting for xlr8 catback i was watching out that window like a mofo too... Mine had a checklist of parts that where checked off, did you order have that golfjwr?
I might have got something like that in an emial but, not in the box itself.
Old 03-30-2009 | 04:57 PM
Soon I will have

Originally Posted by noxfr0st
i think his point is that when you order something and cant wait for it, its a big disappointment to find out you have to wait even longer because of something that is not your fault
+1
Old 03-30-2009 | 05:04 PM
Soon I will have

Originally Posted by Lazer187
shit happens. at least its getting sent. i dont know of any company that would overnight a part on their behalf because of their goof up, unless it was an emergancy. What difference would it make if it was overnighted anyway? You said today was your only day off, and you made it sound like today could be the only day you could do the install until next week.
At least it's getting sent?? What is that supposed to mean? What should they have said, sorry its not in there, but your screwed cause we aint sending it to you? BTW, I deal with every major golf equipment/apparel/shoe company in the world in my business on a daily basis and while it doesn't happen often, when they goof up and ship something incorrectly. It's not even a question that the correct club, balls, shirt, etc.. will be overnighted. My original intent was not bash the guys at excelerate, but mearly to share my frustration with some peeps who would understand.
Old 03-30-2009 | 07:52 PM
Racer

How long did it take to get there the first time? I ordered mine on a Mon afternoon, and had it by Wed. I understand why you're not 100% happy, but not many places would ship overnight to make up for a mistke
Old 03-30-2009 | 08:22 PM
Pro

I understand how you feel golfjwr. Especially considering it came on a day when you could actually do the install so I feel for ya. I haven't dealt with Excelerate yet, although I'd bet I will at some point to support our vendors, but I'm a little surprised at this considering how well he [the company] supports the Azine group. Unfortunately, it actually is rare that you can get the kind of resolution (ie, overnight shipping) that you are looking for regardless of who you're dealing with. In the end, hopefully you get your missing parts and the install goes well. Seems like shipping on the east coast is pretty fast for them though so hope it doesn't take long.

And.....hook me up with some new sticks! Actually, just got new irons last year but you know how it is

Last edited by jweb12; 03-30-2009 at 08:26 PM.
Old 03-30-2009 | 09:26 PM
Drifting

the only time you should get overnight shipping for the misplaced item is if you PAID for overnight shipping on the original package. no reason for him to spend another $75 on shipping, especially when he made almost no profit on the parts.

josh is a great honest guy, he has been great to me and many other people
Old 03-30-2009 | 10:22 PM
HE>i

Sorry to hear about this golfjwr, but it was a mistake that Josh will have corrected. Like Josh, I work as management in retail and i know that without the "customer" you don't have a job. If he didn't have great customer service then you would definately know from other azine members... and who knows what else he might offer you for your inconvenience.
Old 03-31-2009 | 12:19 AM
Former Sponsor

I did ship out the missing gaskets today. I'm sorry for the mistake. Almost every spacer box has 2 gaskets in the box and I'm not sure how they were missing out of the box. I got the gaskets out today and I'm sorry for the incovenience but to overnight a box to you is going be $50. You should have the new gaskets by Wed, Thurs the latest. I am more than happy to give you an extra discount on a future order or send you a free t-shirt on your next order. Just remind me.
Old 03-31-2009 | 03:36 AM
RPF1+RS3 FTW

^^^ good guy right there I have ordered from him before. And I agree, overnighting a part to you a the cost of $50 is rediculous, if he did that everytime he would be out of business and we would have one less vendor. Anyways look at that he offered you a discount or a free t-shirt, stand up guy.
Old 03-31-2009 | 08:23 AM
Soon I will have

Originally Posted by Excelerate
I did ship out the missing gaskets today. I'm sorry for the mistake. Almost every spacer box has 2 gaskets in the box and I'm not sure how they were missing out of the box. I got the gaskets out today and I'm sorry for the incovenience but to overnight a box to you is going be $50. You should have the new gaskets by Wed, Thurs the latest. I am more than happy to give you an extra discount on a future order or send you a free t-shirt on your next order. Just remind me.
I was never doubting Josh's integrity. He is a good guy and to be quite honest there were a few sources that I could have gone with to get this part. The fact that he is an Azine vendor, has a good rep and is from CT which is where I am from made me go with him. I know that he will make it right and have no reservations with doing business with him in the future.
Old 03-31-2009 | 10:38 AM
Drifting

i want a t-shirt! why cant you loose some of my orders
Old 03-31-2009 | 02:05 PM
AZ Community Team

Looks like Josh is making this right. No big surprise there. Certainly just a mistake. Although I can understand the disappointment/frustration of watching the UPS site update, waiting on the truck, etc.

Regards, expedited delivery to "fix" an error. I used to manage B2B distribution and if we screwed up and had to expedite the correction, well, we'd just suck it up and do the right thing. Now if it were the case that we could fix the error without expedited delivery, of course we'd do that.

Luckily for golfjwr, it looks like regular delivery will arrive by his next day off (Thursday? ), so all's well that ends well.
Old 03-31-2009 | 02:26 PM
Senior Moderator

T-shirt group buy?
Old 03-31-2009 | 04:05 PM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

sounds good to me

I was about to say josh is extremely thorough... but hey he's already replied

mods