Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just got financed

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2004, 01:38 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just got financed

Well I'm sort of in an interesting position. I test drove the Tl 6mt a couple weeks ago and really like it a lot. I really wasn't seriously considering purchasing this car till springtime at the earliest. Besides, I have a slight problem buying a new car in the wintertime here in new england and then seeing it get plastered with salt, dirt, scratches, chips, etc. Anyhow, I decided to poke around a little and made an offer at the 1st dealersip where I test drove the car. They won't take anything less than msrp and I'd have to order it anyway.
So I poke around a little more and find out that one of the larger acura dealers in my area has exactly the car I want. The salesguy contacted me after an email to the dealership and he claims they won't have me drive all the way to the dealer to only save a $100 and said there was some wiggle room on the price. Also, I guess they are having a sale this wknd and are trying to move as much inventory off the lot as possible. Well I made an appt. with the guy and figured I'd at least see how good of a deal I can get. All the while, I keep telling myself I should probably wait, but what the hell.
I submitted a loan app. for 25K through capitol one, which was approved for 60 months at 4.29%, with payments of $463/month. I'm not sure I could do better at the dealer, but am willing to find out. I should mention the msrp is 35,350 (black 6mt/nav/tire pckg)and am thinking if he wants to deal, I'd start the offer at 33,350.
sO after all of this, I guess I'm looking for suggestions and some advice. If you wanted the car and it was the exact one you wanted and you didn't need to order, would you buy it now or wait? I'll have the capitol one check on monday.
Old 01-15-2004, 01:44 PM
Newbie for Life

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Just got financed

Originally posted by jzinckgra
Well I'm sort of in an interesting position. I test drove the Tl 6mt a couple weeks ago and really like it a lot. I really wasn't seriously considering purchasing this car till springtime at the earliest. Besides, I have a slight problem buying a new car in the wintertime here in new england and then seeing it get plastered with salt, dirt, scratches, chips, etc. Anyhow, I decided to poke around a little and made an offer at the 1st dealersip where I test drove the car. They won't take anything less than msrp and I'd have to order it anyway.
So I poke around a little more and find out that one of the larger acura dealers in my area has exactly the car I want. The salesguy contacted me after an email to the dealership and he claims they won't have me drive all the way to the dealer to only save a $100 and said there was some wiggle room on the price. Also, I guess they are having a sale this wknd and are trying to move as much inventory off the lot as possible. Well I made an appt. with the guy and figured I'd at least see how good of a deal I can get. All the while, I keep telling myself I should probably wait, but what the hell.
I submitted a loan app. for 25K through capitol one, which was approved for 60 months at 4.29%, with payments of $463/month. I'm not sure I could do better at the dealer, but am willing to find out. I should mention the msrp is 35,350 (black 6mt/nav/tire pckg)and am thinking if he wants to deal, I'd start the offer at 33,350.
sO after all of this, I guess I'm looking for suggestions and some advice. If you wanted the car and it was the exact one you wanted and you didn't need to order, would you buy it now or wait? I'll have the capitol one check on monday.
Without a doubt, I would get it if it's exactly what you want and you know you want the TL. If you think it's a fair price and you've done your research on what that car is going for in your particular region, go for it!! Who cares if it's winter time now, your car sooner or later is going to see some rough times (i.e. dings, scratches, salt, rain, snow, sleet). I just hope all that holds off until after the AFC Championship this Sunday!

Go Blue!!!!!!

Good luck!!
Old 01-15-2004, 01:49 PM
Advanced

Re: Re: Just got financed

Originally posted by tripp11
Without a doubt, I would get it if it's exactly what you want and you know you want the TL. If you think it's a fair price and you've done your research on what that car is going for in your particular region, go for it!! Who cares if it's winter time now, your car sooner or later is going to see some rough times (i.e. dings, scratches, salt, rain, snow, sleet). I just hope all that holds off until after the AFC Championship this Sunday!

Go Blue!!!!!!

Good luck!!
Hopefully my boy Tom Brady can be impressive like he has been all season at home. Go Blue and go Pats this sunday.
Old 01-15-2004, 01:56 PM
Advanced

4.29%? Isn't Honda finance offering a 60 month 3.99% rate? this is what i got when i purchased it last month. Tons of dealerships in the New England area were quoting me 4.99% until I found the dealership i bought it from.
Old 01-15-2004, 02:10 PM
Instructor

4.29%? Isn't Honda finance offering a 60 month 3.99% rate?
Funny thing about honda finance. I filled an online app last night and was denied. They said they would send a letter explaining why. I'm thinking because I currently have another auto loan with capitol one/people 1st for a 2002 wrx at 6.19%. I guess HF didn't realize I'd be selling/trading the wrx, therefore only carrying one auto loan.
Old 01-15-2004, 02:35 PM
Instructor

I believe the 3.99% from Honda finance ends 12/31/03.
Old 01-15-2004, 03:20 PM
Advanced

A couple of thoughts.

If you are going to Clair Acura, they will quote you a deal over the phone.

If you are going to Acura of Boston, just use the Clair quote in your negotiation.

At the end of 03, $1300 to $1400 off Nav cars was about the best you could do in the Boston area.

They may be somewhat less inclined to deal right now.

Regarding interest rates, I got 3.79 % at the dealer (Chase).

Have fun!
Old 01-15-2004, 07:03 PM
Stay Out Of the Left Lane

Received 1,241 Likes on 1,028 Posts
jzinckgra

I agree with clutchcargo. I started with Clair and they wouldn't budge off MSRP. I went to Acura of Boston and we started negotiating MSRP - $1000, just because they wanted to take the business from Clair. Ultimately I got 1395 off plus wheel locks and trunk tray thrown in for free. So roughly about $1700 off for the same car you are looking at. In terms of interest rates and depending on where you live, no one can touch the Sharon Credit Union. www.sharoncu.com. They are currenty at 4.25% for 60 months with 10% down. You can then knock another .50% off for payments made through direct deposit(3.75%). I get paid every two weeks so this means I'll be making 13 payments a year - another plus.
Go ahead and get your car!! I've had to wait since 11/22 and it is due on 2/1. Hey are you getting my car?!?! J/K

Rob
Old 01-16-2004, 04:27 AM
Instructor

I'd hold out for NMT 4%...your dealer can find it to make the deal.
Old 01-16-2004, 06:50 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would suggest contacting Sunnyside Acura in Nashua, NH - might worth the ride. I am from MA, but I bought my TL-2000 there for a great price and planning to buy 04 from them too. Also, I am more than satisfied with their service and the way they treat their customers.