3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just brought my car in for the recalls and...

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 07:33 PM
NVthisTL247

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
just brought my car in for the recalls and...

yeh so i just got home from the dealership (Ramsey Acura in NJ)...dropped of my beloved tl for the recalls and some other bs problems. i needed a loaner so im filling out paper work and the writer gives me a brand new TSX...so im like sweeet!! im about to walk out the door and another writer (an older guy) goes to me "how old are you?" i tell him im 21..well that was the wronggg thing to say! he goes to me im sorry but you cant have that as a loaner. i say "why not?" he says "acura loaners are for 25 and older customers" i then ask "who the hell came up with that rule?" he goes on to blabber about some insurance thing etc. so i ask him so how am i suppose to get home? he then proceeds to tell me that they have HONDA loaners for 21 and younger customers. i go excuse me? im old enough to buy the car...pay for it every month....im even old enough to go to war! but your telling me i cant get an acura loaner? he proceeds to apologize blah blah so with no other choice i take their honda civic. older generation i mite add!!! now you would think it would be clean and acceptable...NOPE!! the car if FILTHY! its all beat up..its missing the "H" emblem on the front grill...there are 2 keys...one to unlock it and 1 to start it! WTF?! the car has almost 60k miles on it...all scratched up you can barley see out of the window cuz of all the dirty! garbage all over the floor oh and to top it off...theres is tape holding on the door handle on the inside! and while im driving it home i hit the breaks and they are making some freaky ass noise. I am very disappointed in this dealership you think they would have some more respect for themselves then to send out a car in this condition considering it represents their dealership!! so bottom line FUCK YOU RAMSEY ACURA!!! You dont wanna know what ur survey is gonna look like!

P.S. ill try and get pics of this crap up with my girls camera if i can...
Old 06-26-2008, 07:42 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol.... i did my power steering hose recall today... i got a toyota yaris... not even a honda... and im 25!
Old 06-26-2008, 07:52 PM
NVthisTL247

yeh but i bet yours doesnt have 60k miles on it and dirty as fuck! lol
Old 06-26-2008, 07:54 PM
2011 BMW 335i

Haha next time you know to say your 25 lol. Yeah I got a 08 TL loaner when I dropped off my 05 TL for recall last month, BUT I bought my 05 TL when I was 19 (Back in 2005), I remember one time dropping it off for service and they said I couldn't get a loaner at all! You have to be 21+ for a loaner, so I had to get a ride home in a Mazda minivan! What am I, 5 years old? I was like WTF, you guys had no problem selling me a $38k dollar car (TL) when I was 19 but you can't even provide me with a TSX loaner....ooook (At the time they only had TSX loaners, just recently they incorporated a few TLs and RDXs into their loaners) Anyway thats my story so I feel for you but I would have said, nevermind, give me my fcuken car back and screw you guys! And then I would have gone to another dealership! Thats just me though.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:56 PM
NVthisTL247

funny thing is when i had my rsx a couple years ago they gave me a tsx loaner...go figure!
Old 06-26-2008, 08:00 PM
GO DAWGS!! SICK'EM!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
you should be consider yourself luck to get a car to drive from ACURA...stop bitching...
Old 06-26-2008, 08:29 PM
Team Anthracite Webmaster

over here at los gatos acura, age is 21... got an RDX for my service today. too bad i missed out, when i came back i saw they had two new TSX loaners, wanted to check those out.

RDX ain't bad... some turbo lag though. the new navi is much better than my 04 TL's.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:36 PM
Intermediate

Next time don't give up the keys! You had them in hand.... just walk to the car get in (all while making idle chit chat) and then leave. He can't stop you, the dealership gave you the car.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:39 PM
Q('.')=O

Received 720 Likes on 520 Posts
im 24. when i dropped my '04 in for the recall they gave me an '08 MDX

Old 06-26-2008, 08:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,000 Likes on 1,421 Posts
Acura is not supposed to provide a loaner if you are 21 or younger to my knowledge, be glad that you got that civic. But I would call acura cooperate and express your concerns with them about the safety of the loaner that was provided.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:50 PM
Race Director

Received 1,794 Likes on 1,347 Posts
Originally Posted by 1FreshTL287
......yeh ....... while im driving it home i hit the breaks ......with my girls camera if i can...
It's "yeah", "brakes", and "girl's".
Old 06-26-2008, 08:53 PM
200,000 mile club

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts
That sucks and it's not fare. I brought my car in last week for a recall and the Enterprise rental chick showed up with a nice new Cobolt. What a POS. I say a loaner is a loaner. At least when you get your car back, you will appreciate it that much more.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:04 PM
08 TL-S Kinetic Blue

I got an 08 TSX for a loaner this week. Had to take my car in for my rims to get rebalanced and mounted. I beat the hell out of it...it had 10k but still it wasnt fast enough for me....got my 08 tl-s back and im babying it again! =)
Old 06-26-2008, 09:08 PM
Q('.')=O

Received 720 Likes on 520 Posts
Originally Posted by nfnsquared
It's "yeah", "brakes", and "girl's".
englesh majer?
Old 06-26-2008, 09:13 PM
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
i'm driving a 08 tsx loaner also, and i'm missing the power and size of my tl
Old 06-26-2008, 09:16 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
Here is the reality of the situation.
The dealer does NOT have to provide a loaner car to anyone- they are doing so out of their pocket- corp does not pay for it- plus while the warranty repair is made- they get paid a lower hourly rate by acura than they can charge the public- say $60 not 125!

The Loaner cars are considered `rental cars` by the laws surrounding them - the dealer is just paying for it
sometimes they are actual rentals from Enterprise-
EACH STATE has `insurance RULES on minimum age`- dont blame acura or the dealer- call your congressman and complain.
Some states are 21- some are 25. The dealer has to follow the rules or there is no insurance on the car!
Selling it to you and car rentals are totally different things- you are on their insurance the way the laws are written. If you dont qualify- you dont get!

Try this:
Imagine showing up in hawaii on your honeymoon...
and being told your not able to rent a car- too young!!

In this world you always have to check for yourself- make a phone call in advance- can you get a loaner- is there any age minimum-

The ~Honda dealer~ STORY was to give you something to drive and at least have wheels. Its not part of the regular loaner cars. Thats was their effort on short notice to do something for you- better than nothing since - you did not qualify for a loaner based on age of driver!
Be thankful, make a list of noises for the service manager so they know. Its probably the car they use to go on lunch runs~
Old 06-26-2008, 09:24 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 930 Likes on 612 Posts
yeh so i just got home from the dealership (Ramsey Acura in NJ)...dropped of my beloved tl for the recalls and some other bs problems. i needed a loaner so im filling out paper work and the writer gives me a brand new TSX...so im like sweeet!! im about to walk out the door and another writer (an older guy) goes to me "how old are you?" i tell him im 21..well that was the wronggg thing to say! he goes to me im sorry but you cant have that as a loaner. i say "why not?" he says "acura loaners are for 25 and older customers" i then ask "who the hell came up with that rule?" he goes on to blabber about some insurance thing etc. so i ask him so how am i suppose to get home? he then proceeds to tell me that they have HONDA loaners for 21 and younger customers. i go excuse me? im old enough to buy the car...pay for it every month....im even old enough to go to war! but your telling me i cant get an acura loaner? he proceeds to apologize blah blah so with no other choice i take their honda civic. older generation i mite add!!! now you would think it would be clean and acceptable...NOPE!! the car if FILTHY! its all beat up..its missing the "H" emblem on the front grill...there are 2 keys...one to unlock it and 1 to start it! WTF?! the car has almost 60k miles on it...all scratched up you can barley see out of the window cuz of all the dirty! garbage all over the floor oh and to top it off...theres is tape holding on the door handle on the inside! and while im driving it home i hit the breaks and they are making some freaky ass noise. I am very disappointed in this dealership you think they would have some more respect for themselves then to send out a car in this condition considering it represents their dealership!! so bottom line FUCK YOU RAMSEY ACURA!!! You dont wanna know what ur survey is gonna look like!

P.S. ill try and get pics of this crap up with my girls camera if i can...
Why get mad it the dealership?

Oh.....nevermind. The condition of the car.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:26 PM
NBP REPRESENT

i started the whole tl owners should get Tl's at my dealership

why should i buy a tl and get a tsx, plus im 6'5" i cant fit into a tsx...

so i started a trend according to the new service manager...(i got my old service advisor and service manager fired, they sucked balls)

they introduced 8 new 2008 tl's for loaners...and in my account i get to choose whether I want a TL or MDX(07-08)

you should complain and they WILL listen, or threaten them somehow
Old 06-26-2008, 09:34 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by 01tl4tl
Here is the reality of the situation.
The dealer does NOT have to provide a loaner car to anyone- they are doing so out of their pocket- corp does not pay for it- plus while the warranty repair is made- they get paid a lower hourly rate by acura than they can charge the public- say $60 not 125!

The Loaner cars are considered `rental cars` by the laws surrounding them - the dealer is just paying for it
sometimes they are actual rentals from Enterprise-
EACH STATE has `insurance RULES on minimum age`- dont blame acura or the dealer- call your congressman and complain.
Some states are 21- some are 25. The dealer has to follow the rules or there is no insurance on the car!
Selling it to you and car rentals are totally different things- you are on their insurance the way the laws are written. If you dont qualify- you dont get!

Try this:
Imagine showing up in hawaii on your honeymoon...
and being told your not able to rent a car- too young!!

In this world you always have to check for yourself- make a phone call in advance- can you get a loaner- is there any age minimum-

The ~Honda dealer~ STORY was to give you something to drive and at least have wheels. Its not part of the regular loaner cars. Thats was their effort on short notice to do something for you- better than nothing since - you did not qualify for a loaner based on age of driver!
Be thankful, make a list of noises for the service manager so they know. Its probably the car they use to go on lunch runs~
As far as loaners are concerned, if you buy the full, extended warranty, it is a perk that you get the free loaners, acura gives the loaners to the dealerships, if you notice the stickers that go on the car when being delivered, it will be SVC Loaner instead of stating the MSRP. As I said earlier, being 25 and under, be thankful you got something instead of walking home
Old 06-26-2008, 09:35 PM
NVthisTL247

its not the fact that they gave me a civic as a loaner...i understand the law and whatever...but for god sakes...atleast give it to me clean and SAFE TO DRIVE! is that soo much to ask for?! dont think so!
Old 06-26-2008, 09:36 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by BlacuraTL-S
i started the whole tl owners should get Tl's at my dealership

why should i buy a tl and get a tsx, plus im 6'5" i cant fit into a tsx...

so i started a trend according to the new service manager...(i got my old service advisor and service manager fired, they sucked balls)

they introduced 8 new 2008 tl's for loaners...and in my account i get to choose whether I want a TL or MDX(07-08)

you should complain and they WILL listen, or threaten them somehow
Since your size is an issue, the dealership had to accommodate you so they could get their ratings back up. Question though, is the car registered under a parent or someone older than 25? Or is your state one of the 21 Yr old states?
Old 06-26-2008, 10:05 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,770 Likes on 4,341 Posts
its not the fact that they gave me a civic as a loaner...i understand the law and whatever...but for god sakes...atleast give it to me clean and SAFE TO DRIVE! is that soo much to ask for?! dont think so!

I agree totally on this point. Lodge a complaint. Take some pics. I'll bet the Service Manager does not realize how poor the condition of the "loaner" is.

The under 21 thing, well that's just the way the world works and no point beating that horse any longer.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:09 PM
Banned

it's all about the insurance company acura has nothing to do with it.

The funny thing though is your own insurance covers you not the dealers
Old 06-26-2008, 10:21 PM
05' AT SSM

Wahhhh wahhh waaaaaa

Yeah that does stink lol, you told the story well i can visualize this happening. I was in a bit of a bind over this 25 year old thing aswell when trying to rent a car..bah!

But yeah in the end you did get a car so thats good, i hate asking friends/relatives to drive me places.
Old 06-27-2008, 01:28 AM
04 A-TL 6MT SSM/E N/Navi

When i dropped my '04 in for the recall they gave me an brand new '08 RDX with 7ml, I put 170mi more cause, they crack my windshield, and scratched engine plastic cover. So I have new parts from recalls plus brand new windshield, and engine plastic cover.

But I don't like this stillership anyway.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:06 AM
Intermediate

Crappy rule/law. I'm 21 and I got a 08 TL when I brought my car in. Go complain to the right people, at least get heard.
Old 06-27-2008, 06:04 AM
Instructor

I had this same issue with my wife and her MDX.. she is 21 and every time it was getting serviced i had to take it in to get a loaner, since they wouldn't give her one. They gave me the same line about insurance.. So it definitely isn't isolated to just your dealer
Old 06-27-2008, 08:07 AM
Jokerman

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts
I think all of that 25 and older is BS. But i have not gone to a dealership that has had anything other that Acuras for loaners. I have mostly gotten TLs (all gold for some reason) one black TSX and a black RDX, both seemed so slow compared to the TL. I beat the hell out of all the cars though. I know i stripped a lot of rubber off the tires of the TLs, just because i was bored.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:45 AM
NTMD8

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Those who got loaners, did you get your TL at that dealership? So far the 2 dealerships i had called about getting a loaner told me they only give them out if you purchased the car from them. I wanted to drop off my 05 TL for the hose and wiper recall, but i needed a way to get to and from the dealership but they said NO loaners cause you didn't buy it here.

In the end I am taking the car to Acura of Manhattan for the service so i can just drive into work, drop it off and pick it up afterwards w/o wrrying about paying for parking.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:02 AM
Trucki!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 06-27-2008, 10:14 AM
Instructor

OP, when you say "brand new" TSX do you mean 2009 which is the new model, or just a 2008? That would be cool to try out the 2009.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:22 AM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
When I dropped of my 04 TL 6spd for the recall, I got an 08 TL auto. My friend has an 04 TL auto and the 08 autostick is much much better than the 04. Still not three pedals though. I think the dealership I went to provides the loaner based on the car you brought in. If you have a TL you get a TL, b/c the guy next to me had a TSX and got a TSX.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:40 AM
Race Director

I am not old enough for ANY loaner, so consider yourself lucky.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:02 AM
Intermediate

This reminds me of a time years ago when my friend, who was 18 at the time, brought in his Mercedes for service and got a PT Cruiser to drive as a loaner

But yeah...depends on if your dealership is cool or not. Some will give out loaners even if you didn't but the car from them, some will be dicks about it.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:26 AM
A-SpecBlackout

im 21 and they gave me the same problem at the dch montclair acura in NJ. Oncew i told them the insurance is under MY NAME and I pay for the car and the loan is under my name They gave me no problems at all. I've gotten 4 loaner cars so far, an MDX a TL and a white TSX twice...Just let them know you will complain about it till hell breaks lose! good luck
Old 06-27-2008, 12:32 PM
2011 BMW 335i

These people saying they get MDX loaners. That must be pretty cool, I know my delaership provides TLs, TSXs and RDXs but not MDXs or (RLs...hehe) Another delaership I went to a couple years ago, gave me an RSX loaner...nope was not the Type S
Old 06-27-2008, 12:56 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,770 Likes on 4,341 Posts
Originally Posted by jokerman826
.... I beat the hell out of all the cars though. I know i stripped a lot of rubber off the tires of the TLs, just because i was bored.
And people wonder why loaners are crap and why under 25 insurance rates are high?

"Here's your sign .... "
Old 06-27-2008, 01:43 PM
FTW

Received 84 Likes on 45 Posts
MN = 25.

Now that i'm 25, it better not go to 30.

Deal with it, nothing you can do, and be glad you got SOMETHING to get you back home lol.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:34 PM
ON DA LOW CAR CLUB

i took my car to the dealer they gave me a 09 tsx with 500 miles on it im 21 but look younger. (park ave acura)
Old 06-27-2008, 03:23 PM
6-SPEED LOVER

Received 122 Likes on 90 Posts
damn.... lol crazy shyt, when i dropped mines of they gave me a BRAND NEW 08 TL, only 30miles on it ASM very nice color

Quick Reply: just brought my car in for the recalls and...