Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just Bought a 08 TL-S!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 03:01 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Just Bought a 08 TL-S!

Hey guys!~~ I've been lurking these forums for the past few weeks and finally I was able to agree on a price with a local dealer for a brand new 08 Acura TL-Type S 6spd Manual!

I upgraded from a 95 Accord LX so driving the TL is just absolute heaven. The acceleration is just plain amazing and I'm so happy that I was able to get this car! For those of you who might be curious I got this car from Thomas Acura in Covina, CA. They have 3 Auto S Types left (2 Silver, 1 Black on black) so if your interested definitly go there and check them out. The Sales people are really slick though and I had to push negotiations for 1 week before we agreed on a price. Be careful when dealing with their finance Manager.

Yep, I'm pretty sure I got the last Manual S in the southern california region because I've looked everywhere for the past week or two.

It's a Carbon Bronze Pearl color and I will be uploading some pics soon, I'm at work right now so no access to camera.

This forum is just awesome, lots of people provide very helpful advice and everyone seems more mature than a lot of other car forums.
Old 12-22-2008, 03:05 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts
congrats on the purchase and welcome to Acurazine
Old 12-22-2008, 03:07 PM
Filipina

Welcome to AZine
Old 12-22-2008, 03:08 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
welcome and congrats! Post some pics as soon as you can-
Old 12-22-2008, 03:21 PM
STRICKEN WITH OCD

Welcome Sleepy.

I also graduated from an Accord to a TL.

I loved my Accord- but there' just NO COMPARAISON to the TL.

Get some pictures of that beast.
Old 12-22-2008, 03:22 PM
Full of water...

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
beautiful color, probably one of my favs for the type-s. congrats and welcome to the club!

cant wait to see some pics!!!!
Old 12-22-2008, 06:50 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats! Your car is what I originally wanted (CBP 6MT), but my dealer (Sierra Acura in Alhambra) couldn't find one for me. Instead I went with a KBP 5AT.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:15 PM
'08 Type S KBP

Congrats!!! I can't believe there are still NEW 6MT still available on the lots.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:26 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,770 Likes on 4,341 Posts
Old 12-22-2008, 07:54 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

Received 1,485 Likes on 1,049 Posts
I'm amazed you were still able to get 6MT. Congrats on the find. What price did you negotiate on, if you don't mind me asking?
Old 12-22-2008, 08:00 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by UNCONQUERED
Welcome Sleepy.

I also graduated from an Accord to a TL.

I loved my Accord- but there' just NO COMPARAISON to the TL.

Get some pictures of that beast.
So did I, well from Accord to Accord to TL to TL-S. Sadly, I don't think I'll get another Acura for a while, but that's another story.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:18 AM
Driven to Perfection

Old 12-23-2008, 01:04 AM
Instructor

Pictures (finally)

Yeah haha, I'm almost positive I got the last one at least in the Los Angeles area. At the end the selling price was 33k, paid about 36k otd. I was tricked though, they told me at the time it was 34k otd. Was dumb enough to sign the contract/invoice without looking over the final numbers...(Was just too excited for my car ) Ended up the invoice had a different price than what I had negotiated and changed to 36k otd instead...

It's still a really good price for this car, but I guess I could've saved 2 thousand bucks if I had paid more attention. OK enough of that, here comes the pictures!!

Old 12-23-2008, 01:07 AM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Congrats. 6MT FTW!
Old 12-23-2008, 01:15 AM
2011 BMW 335i

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats! I think you should go back to the dealership to get your $2k!!
Old 12-23-2008, 01:29 AM
10th Gear

That is a very nice car. be safe while having your fun. lol and enjoy the "new car smell"... ima nube to Azine as well. So my pics will also come eventually, when i find out how.
Old 12-23-2008, 02:24 AM
Driven to Perfection

looks like SEX! I really want those wheels. Way better than the new-style 5 star double spoke on the non type-s
Old 12-23-2008, 05:33 AM
Instructor

congrats bro car looks real nice
Old 12-23-2008, 06:21 AM
SlammedOnKonis

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Old 12-23-2008, 09:37 AM
Instructor

I went thomas acura about a month ago when I was shopping for a 2008 TL. They showed me a white TL-S with couple thousands miles on it and said it was the last S type I can find in SO CAL. And they were asking for almost 35000+TTL which I had no reason to take and rejected. After all they were not telling me the truth. :-)
Old 12-23-2008, 10:49 AM
Instructor

^ Haha, Thelinux I think they told me about you although they changed things around. They had told me that someone had come in last week to look at this car and had offered 35k selling price and how they had turned that offer down. Sneaky Car salesmen

Also, I spent 500 dollars buying the KARR alarm system in the dealership, they told me if I didn't buy this I wouldn't have a car alarm and how buying another one would result in me ending up with two keyless entry remotes. Is any of this true? Did any of you guys purchase the alarm system with your TL's? I kind of feel as if they ripped me off on that one as well...
Old 12-23-2008, 11:08 AM
Intermediate

Thumbs up Congratulations Bro !

Originally Posted by MistahSleepy
Hey guys!~~ I've been lurking these forums for the past few weeks and finally I was able to agree on a price with a local dealer for a brand new 08 Acura TL-Type S 6spd Manual!

I upgraded from a 95 Accord LX so driving the TL is just absolute heaven. The acceleration is just plain amazing and I'm so happy that I was able to get this car! For those of you who might be curious I got this car from Thomas Acura in Covina, CA. They have 3 Auto S Types left (2 Silver, 1 Black on black) so if your interested definitly go there and check them out. The Sales people are really slick though and I had to push negotiations for 1 week before we agreed on a price. Be careful when dealing with their finance Manager.

Yep, I'm pretty sure I got the last Manual S in the southern california region because I've looked everywhere for the past week or two.

It's a Carbon Bronze Pearl color and I will be uploading some pics soon, I'm at work right now so no access to camera.

This forum is just awesome, lots of people provide very helpful advice and everyone seems more mature than a lot of other car forums.
I tried hard to get that Carbon Bronze Pearl car of yours last week ! We settled for a price of $33.7 and I was all set to drive out to west covina and get the car. But the only problem was that I was talking about 33.7 OTD and the dealer was planning to add TTL to it so the deal fell through. I ended up getting an Automatic Black on Black Type-S from Keyes Acura in Van Nuys for $34.2 OTD. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you get it for ?
You have to be careful with all finance managers, they are trained to suck out your money. I am seasoned car buyer ..have bought about 14 cars in the last 10 years for my extended family (no I did not pay for all of them !) and friends and even I feel the pressure. I feel sorry for the people who deal with such money sharks for the first time.
You really did get the last 6M in Southern California. Congratulations !
Old 12-23-2008, 11:15 AM
Intermediate

BTW, I too upgraded from a 1999 Accord Ex. Tried hard to ditch the Hondas but somehow couldn't settle for the G-35/G-37 or the IS350. I am sure these three are better performers than my Type-S but their styling just doesn't impress me .. I guess I have always been a honda boy ..and now I am still a Honda man !
And I did see the price you paid ..so you can ignore my request.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:03 PM
Intermediate

Type-S Rims for Sale

Originally Posted by mattster
looks like SEX! I really want those wheels. Way better than the new-style 5 star double spoke on the non type-s
I got a Black on Black 2008 TL Type-S last Tuesday. I love the car but I think Black on Black with dark rims is making the car look a bit too dull for what it is and I am thinking of upgrading to 18" A-Spec rims. It all depends upon how much someone is willing to pay for my literally new Type-S rims and tires. If interested please let me know. I still can't send or receive PMs but that should change by the end of this week.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:12 PM
DuDeChEwY

nice car....ur gona love the 6 spd
Old 12-23-2008, 12:33 PM
Instructor

^ Haha, Thelinux I think they told me about you although they changed things around. They had told me that someone had come in last week to look at this car and had offered 35k selling price and how they had turned that offer down. Sneaky Car salesmen

Also, I spent 500 dollars buying the KARR alarm system in the dealership, they told me if I didn't buy this I wouldn't have a car alarm and how buying another one would result in me ending up with two keyless entry remotes. Is any of this true? Did any of you guys purchase the alarm system with your TL's? I kind of feel as if they ripped me off on that one as well...
No I did not buy dealer installed alarm. I did not buy any extras from the dealer. Yeah, they persistently offered me to buy the alarm when we were doing the paper work (the financial guy). He said "It's only adding few bucks on your monthly payment". Well, the car already comes with an alarm system installed at the acura factory and a lot of sources told me not to buy any extras suggested by the financial person during the paper work. I turned down alarm and extended warranty. I just paid for the car.
If I want another alarm, I will do more research and find better price (I am sure I can). If I wanted extended warranty I can find better deal on the net.
So I basically don't buy if I did not research on it.
They making you pay $2000 more in a tricky way is of course not good. I was almost going to buy from Thomas acura because it seemed like the sale person was a good guy. But I didn't because the price was not right. Looks like I made a right decision by staying away from them.
As far as I know. the car comes with factory alarm though I don't know what's the difference between dealer installed alarm and factory installed one.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:39 PM
Instructor

BTW mine is carbon bronze too. It is maybe the least popular color but I like it a lot (specially when you look at in late afternoon under red sun light)
Old 12-23-2008, 12:43 PM
Instructor

Yeah they baited me into buying some extra stuff...

I got the Alarm(Which seems to be a total waste of money) Supposedly it has LoJack which will allow police to locate your car if stolen(But honestly, cars are chopped up within 4 hours so it doesn't really matter)and it comes with a 3 year insurance policy where if your car is stolen within 3 years the alarm company will pay you 20k or something.

I also got the all season floor mats, these were definitely worth it, it will keep my car clean and I won't mind stepping in if my shoes are wet from rain.

Got the Trunk tray for a discounted price of $72 which is a really good investment as well, I can just put muddy sneakers in my trunk without fear, it's easy to remove and just hose down afterwards.

And the Sales guy helped me out and gave me Free Wheel Locks. It was funny cause he didn't tell his manager and it wasn't in my accessories paperwork, he just told the guy detailing my car to give me wheel locks.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:55 PM
Instructor

Mud guard, wheel lock, trunk tray are protection package. When I bought mine, I negotiated price with this package installed.
I think you paid good price on trunk tray.
But if I remember all TLs sold on Thomas Acura has this protection package installed already and it's included in the car price (That's what they told me). Does your invoice says any "dealer installed accessories"? Or did you see any sticker showing accessory prices on the window when you bought the car?

Rubber mat is good. I got them off from ebay. I really needed it because It makes me so mad when I see dirty foot steps in my new car. :-)

Also I ordered wood trim http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=160171142638 (freaking expensive). Sorry, this kit is not for your Type-S.

I am also thinking to get this too. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=380051696606 (first aid kit)
Old 12-23-2008, 12:58 PM
Under construction

Received 96 Likes on 68 Posts
I envy you I want a tl-s!!
Old 12-23-2008, 01:00 PM
Instructor

Now that you mention it.....There are mudguards on my car as well.......So they tricked me in that department as well!!!! So I basically spent $72 for nothing since it was included in the protection package...and the wheel locks were not a "hook up"

*sigh* Oh well...I've learned a valuable lesson through this experience. This is the first New Car that I have bought and negotiated all by myself. So..Next time I'll be much more careful of the Salesmen.
Old 12-23-2008, 01:17 PM
Racer

Congrats on the new car! Definitely a rare find!
Old 12-23-2008, 01:19 PM
Instructor

Now that you mention it.....There are mudguards on my car as well.......So they tricked me in that department as well!!!! So I basically spent $72 for nothing since it was included in the protection package...and the wheel locks were not a "hook up"

*sigh* Oh well...I've learned a valuable lesson through this experience. This is the first New Car that I have bought and negotiated all by myself. So..Next time I'll be much more careful of the Salesmen.
Yeah I noticed from the picture that yours has mud guard so I thought you did not have to pay for the tray. But who knows maybe I am wrong.
But look at the positive side. You bought the car still at a good price thanks to all the economic problems and model change. This kind of opportunity does not come every day and you grabbed it. That's good thing.
Old 12-23-2008, 03:09 PM
Intermediate

LoJack ? Are You sure ?

Yeah they baited me into buying some extra stuff...

I got the Alarm(Which seems to be a total waste of money) Supposedly it has LoJack which will allow police to locate your car if stolen(But honestly, cars are chopped up within 4 hours so it doesn't really matter)and it comes with a 3 year insurance policy where if your car is stolen within 3 years the alarm company will pay you 20k or something.

I also got the all season floor mats, these were definitely worth it, it will keep my car clean and I won't mind stepping in if my shoes are wet from rain.

Got the Trunk tray for a discounted price of $72 which is a really good investment as well, I can just put muddy sneakers in my trunk without fear, it's easy to remove and just hose down afterwards.

And the Sales guy helped me out and gave me Free Wheel Locks. It was funny cause he didn't tell his manager and it wasn't in my accessories paperwork, he just told the guy detailing my car to give me wheel locks.
If you got the LoJack along with the alarm for $500 you did great. The Lojack they try to sell has a retail price of $995 and if you get the "Early warning" with the LoJack then the retail price goes up to $1495.00 The invoice price of the basic LoJack is close to $400 and the invoice of the Karr Alarm is atleast $250 - $300, so if you got both for $500 you really did great ! After an hour of negotiation I was able to get the price of the basic LoJack to $625.00 and $995 for the LoJack with early warning.
Make sure you have the LoJack guaranty certificate (LoJack is a completely different system and has nothing to do with the Karr alarm that the dealers intall) and the registration info. having dealth with Thomas Acura in the past your alarm price seems too good to be true.

Last edited by rc2776; 12-23-2008 at 03:11 PM.
Old 12-23-2008, 03:20 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
You're lucky to have gotten one of the last best TL's ever made.
Old 12-23-2008, 04:14 PM
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Congrats on getting the TL-S. You are very lucky to find a new 6MT on the lots, I thought there were no more to be found.

Also, you got the best color.
Old 12-23-2008, 04:21 PM

Yeah i was looking for the same color and end up buying NBP... Congrats anyway ... Welcome to forums
Old 12-23-2008, 04:23 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by thelinux
Yeah I noticed from the picture that yours has mud guard so I thought you did not have to pay for the tray. But who knows maybe I am wrong.
But look at the positive side. You bought the car still at a good price thanks to all the economic problems and model change. This kind of opportunity does not come every day and you grabbed it. That's good thing.

Mmm, I'm really not sure haha, I just know they gave me a LoJack instruction manual along with all my other stuff, and it was included within the KARR alarm manuals. But if it's that expensive, then yes it is a very good deal.
Old 12-23-2008, 05:39 PM
Acuras Only in

Congrats ... don't worry about the price too much as I'm sure there are people who have paid less & some have paid more for their type-s .... as long as you are happy, be merry & be safe ....
Old 12-23-2008, 05:58 PM
TL=True Love

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by mattster
i am the complete opposite. I love the rims on the 07-08 base TL's compared to the Type S rims. The types S rims look dirty like its covered in break dust all the time.

Quick Reply: Just Bought a 08 TL-S!