Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Important Tinting Information

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2004, 08:14 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Important Tinting Information

DO NOT BRING YOUR CAR TO Redline Professional Tinting in Mastic Beach, Long Island. those guys botched my Huper tint job pretty good. actually a f'd up situation, Redline had the HO tint and i brought my car to Sound Waves in Mastic, i guess Redline has no place to do autos so he uses Sound Waves on Montauk Hwy.

if you scheduled with them CANCEL NOW and take it to the guys at TheArtOfTint in brooklyn.

i should have known when i saw a 1980's corolla being tinted, and a Jetta that was shown to me "just tinted" and while they were working on my TL i notice the Jetta was pulled back around into the bay to get some tint redone because they muffed it up due to some molding, i guess they were hurrying before that guy came back... i watched them do all of the tint on my TL and after passenger rear was done i had them redo that 1 piece because they cut the left vertical edge too short and i could see a line of no-tint when window was up. they also managed to get a piece of food under the film on drivers window, and burned a crescent shape into left passenger door (somehow they touched tip of heat gun to the tint). they skipped going under the 3rd brake light, and totally short-cutted the quarter glass.

they all seemed like very nice folks, but i dont think they can do quality automotive tint jobs and are unresponsive to my requests for them to look at it, i even offered to take the car to the guys house, but he said he was too busy and quote "i can schedule you in 2 weeks" !!! when i call to talk to the guy i either get the "he's not here" or they hang up on me.

1) Huper USA has been called
2) BBB has been notified
3) Consumer Affairs has been notified
Old 10-15-2004, 02:52 AM
Instructor

4) The Acura-TL forum has been notified
Old 10-15-2004, 05:58 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by MisterLawyer
4) The Acura-TL forum has been notified
notifed of what? what i posted is my experience and i'm advocating not to go there. if anyone wishes to do go there they can, i have plenty of evidence to back my case.

the phone # given is the Redline business #, available publically online and in the phone book.

are you really a lawyer....???
Old 10-15-2004, 06:12 AM
Instructor

I was just adding to your list. Now you've notified the Acura-TL forum just like you notified Huper, the BBB, and Consumer Affairs.

Joke. Laugh.
Old 10-15-2004, 06:59 AM
Advanced

Panties.
In.
Wad.
Old 10-15-2004, 11:17 AM
Shift_faster

Joke. Laugh.

cvajs:

Is the Art of Tint a Huper Optik installer? Just wondering, if there are others options for Huper Optik tint on LI.

Of course, I'm happy with my tint, but just for future reference. Thanks. Hope everything goes well.
Old 10-15-2004, 01:44 PM
Banned

I was just adding to your list. Now you've notified the Acura-TL forum just like you notified Huper, the BBB, and Consumer Affairs.

Joke. Laugh.
ah, i see

cheers
Old 10-15-2004, 01:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by PoochaKannInc

cvajs:

Is the Art of Tint a Huper Optik installer? Just wondering, if there are others options for Huper Optik tint on LI.

Of course, I'm happy with my tint, but just for future reference. Thanks. Hope everything goes well.
ArtofTint is an exclusive NYC area authorized HO dealer. he does all the tinting for a NYC acura dealer.

i've found no other HO dealers/installers on LI, other than the one that botched my tint job.
Old 10-15-2004, 01:53 PM
Instructor

Wow... that sucks

Thank god I saw your post CVAJS. I don't know if you remember but you recommended these guys to me before. I was actually going to call and make an appointment later today.

So where to go now? Anyone have any recommendations?
Old 10-15-2004, 04:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by argoldst
Wow... that sucks

Thank god I saw your post CVAJS. I don't know if you remember but you recommended these guys to me before. I was actually going to call and make an appointment later today.

So where to go now? Anyone have any recommendations?
to all,
it was a situation that simply turned sour. Redline Tinting seemed professional at the time and i thought they knew how to tint automobiles. since Redline was the closest authorized HO dealers i was suckered into believing that "to be authorized you must be good". after i got the car home i started to inspect it a bit closer, and that's when i started noticing the bad tint job. all-in-all the guys were cool and all but the place at Sound Waves seemed a tad shady, but i let that slide. i knew Redline really did not know what they were doing when he decided to fold down one of the rubber wipes and showed me what he said he needed to do in order to tint the glass, then he showed me how it will fold back up after the window goes down then up again, and freakin-A the upper wiper got permanently wrinkled like a potato chip. i stopped him on that part and removed the front door wipes. i figured he just didn't know the TL so i let them continue the tint.

i can go on but i'll cut it short here.

The Art of Tint has a NYC and brooklyn shop and is also authorized HO dealer. this could be a tactic on their part to get some business (i dunno) but the guy from The Art of Tint emailed back and said "from the pics of the small quarter glasses is disgusting", so with him a "pofessional" telling me that the quarters are crap, then i thought what would he think when he sees food in the drivers window...!

basically Redline is being non-responsive with "i can see the car in 3 weeks, i'm too busy now", and "I then just simply informed you as to the IWFA standards of what is accetable so you can be an informed customer." referencing my concern about dirt under the film, they said that there is an acceptable level of dirt allowed and it's published by the IWFA (i wonder if food is on the IWFA list?)

Redline will not be touching my car. Redline will either offer to pay for the fix or i will front the money and try and recoup what i can through small claims.

some of the folks at tintdude.com actually want to sue me for slander (i posted some of my experience with Redline up at tintdude.com), but i dont think they know what slander is.

anyways, what i thought would be easy is turning into a real hassle for me.

i'll keep everyone posted as this plays out.

cheers.