Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Im so SAD RIP till further notice my baby

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 02:47 PM
19" Inchs Of Hyper Black

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Im so SAD RIP till further notice my baby

ahhh so sad i hate people who let there dogs run out on the streets i hit a dog with my TL it got caught in the front left fender well and cause my car to veer left into a road sign needs new bumper radiator and the sign ****** my roof up took it like can opener pics soon i dont even want to look at them i hate it stupid crap
Old 03-01-2008, 02:54 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 84 Likes on 79 Posts
how are u feeling physically after the accident? ... hopefully no injuries, and how is the dog?
Old 03-01-2008, 02:55 PM
Drifting

Received 212 Likes on 100 Posts
i dont think a dog is strong enough to make a car veer off course. if a hit was inevitable i would have firewalled the throttle and locked my arms straight. people end up in worse accidents avoiding small animals rather than just plowing straight through.

you likely still tried to avoid the dog by reflex. i agree though, people shouldnt let their pets run around loose.
Old 03-01-2008, 02:57 PM
Acuras Only in

I guess the dog took it worse than your car .... mighty glad you are okay ... the car can be fixed .. did you find out whose dog is it?
Old 03-01-2008, 03:02 PM
19" Inchs Of Hyper Black

im feeling fine thats not the problem it was a pretty big dog i dont understand it its crazy but its pretty tore up tho sad
Old 03-01-2008, 03:05 PM
Drifting

car = can be replaced
dog/pet = can be replaced
you = cant be replaced

overall Im glad you made it out ok. next time though, unless its a person, id point the car head on and mash the gas. the car is designed to take a head on collision. the worse a dog can do head on is mangle your bumper. that would be an easy fix. avoiding a dog (or any small pet) will likely throw you to the curb, risking among other things a rollover, a collision with a wall at an angle or hitting a pedestrian (bad).
Old 03-01-2008, 03:14 PM
19" Inchs Of Hyper Black

yea i wasent really paying too much attention to was was going on i was kinda tired but yea i could have run through the woods and killed myself im not worried about the car but i dont care about the dog its was acting on impulse
Old 03-02-2008, 08:52 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
damn gorey... if you hadn't tried to avoid the dog you would've cought it front bumper all the way... new bumper and at worst radiator and support...

I'd sue the owner
Old 03-02-2008, 09:16 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts
A large dog wedging into the left wheel well is going to lock the left wheel. With a locked left wheel, the car is going to swerve to the left.

It's not rocket science.

Glad you weren't hurt. Sorry for your car. They can fix it. That's what insurance is for.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:40 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
That's sad. A poster said a pet can be replaced but that doesn't mean the dog won't be missed. Pets are like a part of the family and have their unique personalities. It's the fault of the owner of the dog. He or she should be liable for the damages.

However, as long as you're okay your car can be easily fixed.
Old 03-02-2008, 02:47 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Xpditor
A large dog wedging into the left wheel well is going to lock the left wheel. With a locked left wheel, the car is going to swerve to the left.

It's not rocket science.

Glad you weren't hurt. Sorry for your car. They can fix it. That's what insurance is for.
+1...Glad someone else said that...but yeah, next time go thru the dog instead of trying to go around it and get the grieving owner to grieve your insurance bill as well.
Old 03-02-2008, 03:02 PM
Senior Moderator

Hello?

Ryan didn't say he tried to avoid the dog. Some of you are assuming that.

He said the dog got caught in his wheel well and the car swerved to the left.

As I understand it, he never saw it coming and did hit the dog straight on.

(Of course, I am assuming a little bit there, too. )
Old 03-02-2008, 03:11 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Hello?

What do you know? You don't even drive your car!

Yo Xpiditor...this means he reacted:

but i dont care about the dog its was acting on impulse
Old 03-02-2008, 05:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Hmm. I don't know how you conclude that from that.

The dog was acting on impulse. Therefore Ryan swerved??

Also.... why would he swerve to the left if the dog was coming from the left? Are you implying he wanted to hit it?

Ryan? Clear this up?

Did you swerve to avoid the dog?

And STFU about my beautiful, low-mileage, NBP Garage Queen.
Old 03-02-2008, 05:27 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

^
Old 03-02-2008, 06:54 PM
Drifting

Hello?

Originally Posted by sixsixfour
i dont think a dog is strong enough to make a car veer off course.if a hit was inevitable i would have firewalled the throttle and locked my arms straight. people end up in worse accidents avoiding small animals rather than just plowing straight through.

you likely still tried to avoid the dog by reflex. i agree though, people shouldnt let their pets run around loose.

Ive run over strays inadvertently in my old cars (Evo, 3000GT) due to the fact they just came out of nowhere and bolted across the street at speed. firewalling the gas and locking your arms never failed me - i even felt one wheel go over the pet and plowed right through. i never had veered of course even though the wheel tried to kick my arms loose. my 3000GT was FWD so it was just as susceptible as the TL. running over cones would be a classic example. if one gets stuck under your fender and you're holding the steering wheel lightly, well, you guessed it, you'd veer off course.

now Im not saying Id run over anything running across the road with four legs - if i have ample warning and noone is buzzing my six, Id stop. hell Ive even stopped for squirrels.

but if im in the zone and i catch a small animal or pet out of the corner of my eye with zero warning, i swear id kick a hole in the firewall and aim straight ahead. that being said, I normally drive with my arms locked to keep the car stable - regardless of the speed. so it leads me to believe if one is in control of their vehicle a small animal wont usually throw you of course.

just my .02s
Old 03-02-2008, 07:17 PM
'10 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I hate it when animals cause accidents.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:51 PM
Senior Moderator

I hate it when animals are hurt or killed.

I was recently in Puerto Rico a few weeks ago. They don't believe in animal control there. Between Aricebo and San Juan (about 50 miles) on Route 22, I saw 7 large dead dog carcasses before I quit counting.

On the mountain roads, I would see roaming packs of dogs and cats.

(Attempting to tie it into the topic): I am sure if one of those large dogs got wedged into my wheel well and locked my wheel, even if I held the steering wheel straight, the car is going to jump to the direction of that locked wheel until I nail the brakes and lock the other wheels as well (as much a ASB would allow, anyway).

I wonder what the Vehicle Stability computer would try and do?
Old 03-02-2008, 11:18 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

I hate it when animals are hurt or killed.

I was recently in Puerto Rico a few weeks ago. They don't believe in animal control there. Between Aricebo and San Juan (about 50 miles) on Route 22, I saw 7 large dead dog carcasses before I quit counting.

On the mountain roads, I would see roaming packs of dogs and cats.

(Attempting to tie it into the topic): I am sure if one of those large dogs got wedged into my wheel well and locked my wheel, even if I held the steering wheel straight, the car is going to jump to the direction of that locked wheel until I nail the brakes and lock the other wheels as well (as much a ASB would allow, anyway).

I wonder what the Vehicle Stability computer would try and do?
That's scary...the wheel locking thing...
Old 03-03-2008, 03:27 AM
tehLEGOman

Received 1,982 Likes on 1,335 Posts
Damn Ryan. Shit happens i reckon.

A good APR canard or two, you would have been able to slice the dog up!

Glad you're ok bro. Effing dogs and deers effing TLs up left and right.
Old 03-03-2008, 04:18 AM
Stop Drop and Roll

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
THat sucks. I ran into a coyote in the middle of the night on the freeway going like 80mph once in a rsx. New headlight, new radiator, ac condenser, bumper etc came out to be like 2 thousand+ in damages. Glad you're ok, but poor dog
Old 03-03-2008, 08:41 AM
Safety Car

I always say if u can avoid it...avoid it...if u cant....fuck it. glad ur ok dude.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:44 AM
Pro

Definitely a huge bummer hitting anything though this thread is entertaining. Luckily I haven't had the experience of impaling any creature larger than bugs with my TL. Then again I am guilty of hitting two raccoons...at the same time with my previous car. I was going down into a pretty steep dip in the road, when my headlights hit the bottom I saw the two of them but it was two late. Thump thump x2 . I felt horrible.

Then there was the dove that flew under my wheel. It was hanging on the side of the road and decided to fly under my car when I drove by. I think the bird was going for a Darwin award.

I'd really like to see what happened to your car even if its a little messy
Old 03-03-2008, 09:40 AM
Senior Moderator

Mea Culpa

:ibwarstoriesproliferate:

I had some teenage girls in the car one bright, sunny day in the neighborhood and I saw 4 or 5 "doves" crossing the street.

I didn't stop or swerve because I was going slow and doves always fly away when you get close.

What I didn't see was the mother Muscovy duck at the head of the line. They weren't doves; they were ducklings who couldn't fly yet. They were the size of doves and the same gray color. (Anthracite )

Padump, padump.

Have you ever had 3 teenage girls do their tier 1 scream about a foot from your ear hole? They called me everything but a Republican.

Sincerely yours,
The (deaf) Duckling Murderer
Old 03-03-2008, 09:59 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
XP - even if they hadn't been in the car and just heard about it later, you would've been the most vile man on the planet. Funny story, though .

Ryan - damn, you just got the car! That sucks. Glad you're ok, though.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:05 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

I will hit the brakes for some ducks or other birds. Not because I'm not "fowl", but because I don't want to clean all those fucking feathers out of my shit!
Old 03-03-2008, 10:53 AM
Safety Car

Hahahaha Xpidtor!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-03-2008, 11:04 AM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts
:ibwarstoriesproliferate:

I had some teenage girls in the car one bright, sunny day in the neighborhood and I saw 4 or 5 "doves" crossing the street.

I didn't stop or swerve because I was going slow and doves always fly away when you get close.

What I didn't see was the mother Muscovy duck at the head of the line. They weren't doves; they were ducklings who couldn't fly yet. They were the size of doves and the same gray color. (Anthracite )

Padump, padump.

Have you ever had 3 teenage girls do their tier 1 scream about a foot from your ear hole? They called me everything but a Republican.

Sincerely yours,
The (deaf) Duckling Murderer
Bwahahahhaaha. Thats so evil, I love it.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:33 AM
East Coast Crew

Dogs cannot be replaced.
Cars can.

I would probably feel worse for the dog's family.
Old 03-03-2008, 12:05 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by visuelz
Dogs cannot be replaced.
Cars can.

I would probably feel worse for the dog's family.

I sure wouldnt. if they cared so much for their dog they'd do everything they physically can to keep it safe and not wandering the streets. its not the dog's fault its owners arent keeping their end of the deal, and its not like you're actively looking for a dog to run over.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:00 PM
too many hobbies...

Originally Posted by sixsixfour
I sure wouldnt. if they cared so much for their dog they'd do everything they physically can to keep it safe and not wandering the streets. its not the dog's fault its owners arent keeping their end of the deal, and its not like you're actively looking for a dog to run over.
Wow some of these responses are astonishing to me. How some people can be so callous towards someone else's pet is just fukked up. I'm no bleeding heart liberal, but I do give a shiit about people's pets.

And, by the way, unless you KNOW FOR A FACT that they intentionally let their dog roam free, blaming the owner is just stupid. Letting the dog roam free, of course, is wrong. How do you know the owner didn't "do everything they physically can to keep it safe and not wandering the streets?" Some dogs will still get out once in a while. Try a little compassion. Damn...

I know I'm going to get flamed for this post, which is fine, but please don't say something stupid like I prefer a human getting hurt over the dog. That's not what I'm saying. Just don't be so callous about it. After all, that dog was probably really cared about by its owner.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:10 PM
Advanced

You: Living Creature
Dog/Pet: Living Creature
Car: JUST A MACHINE

Even a bacteria has life. the car, it is just a car. IMO
Old 03-03-2008, 02:21 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
Originally Posted by pkarandi
Wow some of these responses are astonishing to me. How some people can be so callous towards someone else's pet is just fukked up. I'm no bleeding heart liberal, but I do give a shiit about people's pets.

And, by the way, unless you KNOW FOR A FACT that they intentionally let their dog roam free, blaming the owner is just stupid. Letting the dog roam free, of course, is wrong. How do you know the owner didn't "do everything they physically can to keep it safe and not wandering the streets?" Some dogs will still get out once in a while. Try a little compassion. Damn...

I know I'm going to get flamed for this post, which is fine, but please don't say something stupid like I prefer a human getting hurt over the dog. That's not what I'm saying. Just don't be so callous about it. After all, that dog was probably really cared about by its owner.
I doubt you'll get flamed, but I could be wrong...there are some dumb@$$e$ on here. And even if you do get flamed, you are correct, so don't worry about it.
Old 03-03-2008, 04:29 PM
19" Inchs Of Hyper Black

yep i have the pics on my phone but i cant send them to my email but who knows ill prolly get up with eric and but im going to put on the computer so you all see my baby all torn up
Old 03-03-2008, 04:37 PM
19" Inchs Of Hyper Black

but guys i dont appreciate half of you flaming me for the problem with the dog i dont care about the dog i was literally 10 ft away from a like 15 ft diameter tree head on with my tl so if your gonna flame me go ahead but if you were in my situation i bet i cannot blame the dogs owner mainly because it had no tag/collar on it so stray i assume i cant stand people that dont even know the whole story

NO I did not try to swerve and miss the dog i didnt see it until it was too late but i live in NC and no one keeps their dogs up in the fence or the house so i would show you pics but you will prolly flame me for them as well so i appreciate the concern and all the thread jackers thanks alot
Old 03-03-2008, 04:40 PM
19" Inchs Of Hyper Black

now xp you should have maily the whole story
Old 03-03-2008, 05:22 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by pkarandi

Im not being callous. I have/have had pets myself. I just dont see myself giving a shit if there was nothing humanly possible I could have done. shit happens, move on. frankly I would not risk getting into an accident just to save someone else's pet. they wont pay for my car if I get into an accident. their pet wouldnt care. if it was a kid that ran across the street, hell yes Id do everything I can do in a heartbeat. Im not saying human life is greater than the companionship a pet gives, but seriously, does that need to be explained?

sure I dont know for a fact if they let the dog ran free, that doesnt change the fact that I still wouldnt risk hurting myself to save it. I had a cat that was ran over by a car when I was young. sure i was pissed, but what can I do? It ran across the street just as a car was driving by. by the time the car stopped, he'd ran over my pet. sure I blamed the guy for not stopping in time, but he was driving at the speed limit, and my cat was just at the wrong place at the wrong time. its just reality, and I personally believe my life is worth more than anyone else's pet. It comes down to choosing between my life and the pet's life. I choose mine.

Im not flaming you, your arguments are very valid. i show compassion when its warranted - but to choose a stranger's pet over my life is stupid. Ive been in that situation (lost a pet to a car accident) and Im speaking from experience on both sides of the fence.

If everything was perfect, the owner of the pet you saved by crashing your car to a fence or a wall would pay for the damages caused by their pet. but we dont live in a perfect world. you'd likely get sued by the owner of the fence/wall that you hit while avoiding the dog (or cat or whatever).
Old 03-03-2008, 05:29 PM
too many hobbies...

Originally Posted by Ryans04PrlTL
but guys i dont appreciate half of you flaming me for the problem with the dog i dont care about the dog i was literally 10 ft away from a like 15 ft diameter tree head on with my tl so if your gonna flame me go ahead but if you were in my situation i bet i cannot blame the dogs owner mainly because it had no tag/collar on it so stray i assume i cant stand people that dont even know the whole story

NO I did not try to swerve and miss the dog i didnt see it until it was too late but i live in NC and no one keeps their dogs up in the fence or the house so i would show you pics but you will prolly flame me for them as well so i appreciate the concern and all the thread jackers thanks alot
I think you misunderstood. No one was flaming you for hitting the dog. Hey shiit happens. If you didn't see the dog, it's not your fault... and we're all glad to hear you're ok. My problem was with people acting like killing the dog was no big deal, and "blame the owner," etc. kind of attitude. Personally, I think it was sad that the dog had to die. Your car will be ok - that's what insurance is for. Good luck dude.
Old 03-03-2008, 05:36 PM
Your mom is in

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 03-03-2008, 06:25 PM
GO DAWGS!! SICK'EM!!

any updates??

Quick Reply: Im so SAD RIP till further notice my baby