Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Im loosing weight since i bought my TL

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 08:38 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im loosing weight since i bought my TL

cause im parking so far away. so afraid of dings.
Old 12-18-2006, 09:51 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by drdug27
cause im parking so far away. so afraid of dings.
"Find nearest fast food restaurant"
Old 12-18-2006, 09:53 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
no matter how far away you park from the world, there is always that one person that will park right next to you
Old 12-18-2006, 10:51 AM
I like to whistle in my

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
this is SO true...I be like WTFudge!..50 million other spots and you chose next to me?
now i dont mind when its another nice looking car or TL/TSX where the person obviously cares about their car as much as i do about mine
Old 12-18-2006, 11:55 AM
Advanced

I'm not losing weight, but patience!

Check this out. I just took this pic of this dummy who parked next to me. Can you tell why I park in this spot?! I left his license there for a reason... if you see him on the road, flick it to him!

Note: I don't hug the curb anymore because birds like to post on my finish. And when it was fall the leaves ended up collecting on my front windshield and who am I to use the wipers without appropriate rainfall?! I can't win...
Old 12-18-2006, 12:09 PM
Registered but harmless

Received 1,150 Likes on 776 Posts
I'm with Andrew McCarthy- "Find nearest...." > + lbs...

Originally Posted by dmfgrf
Check this out. I just took this pic of this dummy who parked next to me. Can you tell why I park in this spot?!

I'm sorry, but I do find that hilarious, especially with the acres of empty space around the cars and the size of your space, which looks like it was painted so a dually could fit.
I do sympathize, and have been there. At least the doofus Volvo driver left room for you to open your door all the way, which isn't usually the case with doofuses next to my cars.
Old 12-18-2006, 12:12 PM
Not a dude.

Check this out. I just took this pic of this dummy who parked next to me. Can you tell why I park in this spot?! I left his license there for a reason... if you see him on the road, flick it to him!
Volvo-guy was probably thinking, "hmmm, a nice looking car, no way he's going to ding my groovy Swedish ride -- now where did I put my ABBA cassette?"
Old 12-18-2006, 01:30 PM
Instructor

At least he backed in and had to get out the other side.
Old 12-18-2006, 01:48 PM
Godfather of Chrome

Location: Santa Cruz, and yes I'm a hippie with retro 1970s sideburns and a chrome fetish
I'm glad I'm not the only one who's like this. I always park on end spots, and have been ever since 1998 when I got my 98 Accord fresh from the dealer. I don't mind the walk; I DO mind the door-dinging. What's funny in that picture is how familiar that scene is to me. I get this kind of crap all the time. It's like people guage how they should park based on the position of the car instead of THE LINES PAINTED FOR THEM ON THE GROUND. Retards.

I never, ever, ever "sandwich" or "sardine" park (those are the terms I use) in the car I drive. My wife isn't too fond (or understanding) of it, but after five or six years she has gotten used to it. Good thing, too, because this tiger ain't changin' his stripes when it comes to parking habits.
Old 12-18-2006, 02:31 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by rt4563
Volvo-guy was probably thinking, "hmmm, a nice looking car, no way he's going to ding my groovy Swedish ride -- now where did I put my ABBA cassette?"
ROFLMAO!!!
Old 12-18-2006, 06:01 PM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Received 185 Likes on 131 Posts
Walking the extra in the freezing cold will bum me out for perhaps a few minutes. A door ding will reck at least a week (and my family's too since they will have to deal with my bitching)

dfmgrf - You have a good 2 feet you waisted on the passenger side. You got to "lean" all the way to the "dead" side. I think the Volvo was just "leaning "with you and and showed you respect by backing in.

drat19 - your killing me. I was a loyal Swedish car driver (Saabs) since '79 until GM finally destroyed the brand with the 9-3s. Never an ABBA cassette. Had a Swedish flag cocktail toothpick in the vent for a year though....Think I can get a little "Rising Sun" for my TL's vent
Old 12-18-2006, 06:07 PM
FIGHTING ILLINI

Note: I don't hug the curb anymore because birds like to post on my finish. And when it was fall the leaves ended up collecting on my front windshield and who am I to use the wipers without appropriate rainfall?! I can't win...
Use this the next time you see someone taking up two spaces...

Old 12-18-2006, 06:20 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by RSA_Secure

ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!! That's awesome especially since I live in the land of Disney.
Old 12-18-2006, 06:21 PM
Pro

Who normally parks in those spots, bigfoot?
Old 12-18-2006, 06:25 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Adobeman

dfmgrf - You have a good 2 feet you waisted on the passenger side. You got to "lean" all the way to the "dead" side. I think the Volvo was just "leaning "with you and and showed you respect by backing in.
You missed the disclaimer under the pics.

I actually went inside and "confronted" the idiot driver (from another office of ours) and he said he did it just to piss me off. It worked. I then showed him my post (and some of your replies up until 1:30) and he felt bad after that. He said no ABBA tapes but we both got a laugh on that one!!!
Old 12-18-2006, 08:44 PM
All About Trance

Received 124 Likes on 109 Posts
I had one co-worker that did that to me once just to mess with me.
Old 12-18-2006, 09:12 PM
Masshole

A buddy of mine at work was parking next to a 5 series BMW owner just to annoy him. The 5 series guy was parking diagonal across two spots so my friend has a (knowingly) some-what crappy Toyota van and parks right up next to him. I don't mind if people park way in the back of a lot in a normal spot...just don't take up two spots because you think your car is better than everyone else's.
Old 12-18-2006, 09:33 PM
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
I went shopping the other day and parked out in no mans land. When i came back out there was a car parked right next to me. It was a G35 coupe looking clean and sharp so i didn't mind.
Old 12-18-2006, 09:35 PM
Instructor

Yea I'm pretty anal about my TL and park in spots at my work's extremely huge parking lot where the width of the spot is wider than normal and is not that far from the door. Though there is this one guy who parks his Ford truck at the very extreme far end of the lot that is so far away NOBODY parks out there and he also parks diagonal in two spots. I thought to myself that this guy exceeds anything I read on Acurazine. I wonder if he will still hike that distance when it's minus 20 out with a 30 mph wind blowing in his face!!
Old 12-18-2006, 09:50 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
lol....this happens to me most of the time, Dummies like this volvo usually end up getting a new "stripe" in their car....
Old 12-18-2006, 11:21 PM
Subsonic

Received 52 Likes on 44 Posts
if ur worried about getting a dent, then park in 2 spaces.. ahahhaa.. just dont read the sign mickey mouse is holdin up.. lmao.

i once came out of a mall only after 7 mins of looking for something, n there was this woman, sitting in the car next to mine. (i didnt park next to anybody, she parked next to me... n i notice a COLOURED dent in my car door. im like wtf??!?! so.. i look at the BLUE dent, n at the blue car next to mine.. the door on her car would've fit perfectly into my coloured dent in mine.. so im like "what the hell woman??!?!? did u dent my car?" n she kept argueing.. i was so pissed.. im not a friggen retard. the dent was in the colour of YOUR CAR and if she opened the door it would've hit in the exact same spot.

i hate ppl liek this. they should make the driving tests harder. and mayb test for stupidity as well. if i had a penny evertime i saw a stupid move on the road... hell even in a parking lot. i woudlnt b posting on the TL boards.. id b posting on the ferrari ones.
Old 12-19-2006, 12:22 AM
Godfather of Chrome

Location: Santa Cruz, and yes I'm a hippie with retro 1970s sideburns and a chrome fetish
Originally Posted by Teddybear
if ur worried about getting a dent, then park in 2 spaces.. ahahhaa.. just dont read the sign mickey mouse is holdin up.. lmao.

i once came out of a mall only after 7 mins of looking for something, n there was this woman, sitting in the car next to mine. (i didnt park next to anybody, she parked next to me... n i notice a COLOURED dent in my car door. im like wtf??!?! so.. i look at the BLUE dent, n at the blue car next to mine.. the door on her car would've fit perfectly into my coloured dent in mine.. so im like "what the hell woman??!?!? did u dent my car?" n she kept argueing.. i was so pissed.. im not a friggen retard. the dent was in the colour of YOUR CAR and if she opened the door it would've hit in the exact same spot.

i hate ppl liek this. they should make the driving tests harder. and mayb test for stupidity as well. if i had a penny evertime i saw a stupid move on the road... hell even in a parking lot. i woudlnt b posting on the TL boards.. id b posting on the ferrari ones.

Get that lady's insurance info and take her to town. Obviously you were in the right to give her a good owning. Sounds like she took you to school instead.

Second-worst thing that can happen next to your experience, is when you come back to your car and see someone leaning on it. This drives me INSANE. It's happened on several occasions, but not yet on my TL fortunately. I came up to some lady who was talking up a storm on her f-ing cell phone and leaning up against my Accord (my last car) and I asked her "can I help you?" and she just covered up the cell phone so she could talk to me and said "no." I then proceeded to tell her in not-so-kind terms that she needed to get off my car immediately. What set me off even further is her car was right next to mine! She had the nerve (or retardedness) to lean up on someone else's car when her car was right there. ARRGH!

OK, time to check out. I'm getting pissed off about that again. I think my TL needs a hug...
Old 12-19-2006, 12:12 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Navy TL
I went shopping the other day and parked out in no mans land. When i came back out there was a car parked right next to me. It was a G35 coupe looking clean and sharp so i didn't mind.
now that i like one sharp car deserves another
Old 12-19-2006, 12:16 PM
Race Director

I am going to print a ton of those out and put them on badly parked cars and minivans even if they parked fine.
Old 12-19-2006, 12:25 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts
thanks RSA, that's the funniest thing i've seen in a while.

printing them off as we speak...can't wait to use it

I do the same thing at work and at stores...I park where there are no other cars, and if I have to park next to somebody, I try to be in the last spot by the curb, or park next to a nice car or a 4-door car. 2-drs have longer reach. But inevitably, no matter how far away I park, there is always some idiot parked right next to me when I come back...and 10 empty spaces on either side of us...never fails
Old 12-19-2006, 02:44 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by brettallica
Get that lady's insurance info and take her to town. Obviously you were in the right to give her a good owning. Sounds like she took you to school instead.

Second-worst thing that can happen next to your experience, is when you come back to your car and see someone leaning on it. This drives me INSANE. It's happened on several occasions, but not yet on my TL fortunately. I came up to some lady who was talking up a storm on her f-ing cell phone and leaning up against my Accord (my last car) and I asked her "can I help you?" and she just covered up the cell phone so she could talk to me and said "no." I then proceeded to tell her in not-so-kind terms that she needed to get off my car immediately. What set me off even further is her car was right next to mine! She had the nerve (or retardedness) to lean up on someone else's car when her car was right there. ARRGH!

OK, time to check out. I'm getting pissed off about that again. I think my TL needs a hug...
Leaning on the car wearing jeans with metal rivits or even worse sitting on the car!
Old 12-19-2006, 03:00 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by VT06TL
Leaning on the car wearing jeans with metal rivits or even worse sitting on the car!
good quality Acid Washed Wranglers.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:31 AM
Instructor

I have no problem with people taking up two parking spaces , if they have a nice car and are tryiyng to protect it from dings. Here in RI there are usually plenty of parking spaces where ever you go, so taking up two spaces at the far end of the lot is ok in my book, I do it all of the time. People are religous with parking in the lines around here, if for some reason you can`t park your car centered in the lines and have to favor one side or go over a line a little you can guarantee when you come out some ass munch will have parked next to you centered in thier lines and 2" of your door.

A long time ago I used to have some cards that somebody made up that insulted the shit out of somebody for parking too close to your car, anybody know where to find something like that?
Old 12-20-2006, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by rimike
I have no problem with people taking up two parking spaces , if they have a nice car and are tryiyng to protect it from dings. Here in RI there are usually plenty of parking spaces where ever you go, so taking up two spaces at the far end of the lot is ok in my book, I do it all of the time. People are religous with parking in the lines around here, if for some reason you can`t park your car centered in the lines and have to favor one side or go over a line a little you can guarantee when you come out some ass munch will have parked next to you centered in thier lines and 2" of your door.

A long time ago I used to have some cards that somebody made up that insulted the shit out of somebody for parking too close to your car, anybody know where to find something like that?

this is why people get their cars keyed, when i got my first new car back in 2000 i did the same thing, took 2 spots in the end of the lot. my bumper was keyed. Yes i deserved it, and so does anyone else that it happens to. I personally will not key someone car or actually damage theirs unless they damage mine first
Old 12-20-2006, 09:01 AM
Instructor

Like I said, things are different around here. You would have a long walk just to get to where I park my car to key it. I won`t do this in crowded parking lots, only when there are plenty of empty spots and I go way to the back.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by rimike
Like I said, things are different around here. You would have a long walk just to get to where I park my car to key it. I won`t do this in crowded parking lots, only when there are plenty of empty spots and I go way to the back.
there is always that crazy person that will go out of his/her way just because they can.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:19 AM
Instructor

My wife is always kidding me about how far away I park, but I've found it doesn't matter where you park, some jerk in a beater will always park next to me. My TL has been keyed, the valve caps have been stolen, just the plain old black ones. So far I've only gotten one or two minor dings. As I write this my wife and I are planning a Christmas shopping trip and I'm already thinking about where I'm going to park. The place we are going to is where my TL got keyed. I swear there is a target on the car that only some low-life can see. SometimesI wish I had a beater to take places like the mall, but then why should I have to?
Old 12-20-2006, 10:57 AM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
Originally Posted by rbf351
no matter how far away you park from the world, there is always that one person that will park right next to you
Your sentence should read :

no matter how far away you park from the world, there is always one fuckin moron that will park right next to you.

I've parked far away from everyone else in shopping center lots with no cars around me only to come back and find some dope parked right next to me anyway.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:45 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by DMZ
Your sentence should read :

no matter how far away you park from the world, there is always one fuckin moron that will park right next to you.

I've parked far away from everyone else in shopping center lots with no cars around me only to come back and find some dope parked right next to me anyway.
sorry dude.
Old 12-20-2006, 02:35 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts
rimike...
Old 12-20-2006, 03:04 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by paz840
rimike...
Thanks! Something that let them know they parked too close would make it better though.
Old 12-20-2006, 11:35 PM
2006 TL

I live in NYC, and people dont know how to fucking park to save their lives... They either CAN'T park or think that having a 40,000$ vehicle entitles them to park however the hell they want... My friend and I share the same attitude towards these ppl - "fck 'em!" She got me this to keep in my car... and I use them OFTEN! I like the Mickey one, though - it suits my personality much better! I might just print some out!

"You are an inconsiderate person. This is not a real ticket, but it should be. Because of your rude and lame attempt at parking you have taken up enough room for an army and a circus. You have received this ticket in hopes that you will learn to think of others before parking in the future. You probably change lanes without using a turn signal too. I hope your engine blows up during rush hour on your birthday!"
Old 12-21-2006, 08:34 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by JoeyASPEC
I live in NYC, and people dont know how to fucking park to save their lives... They either CAN'T park or think that having a 40,000$ vehicle entitles them to park however the hell they want... My friend and I share the same attitude towards these ppl - "fck 'em!" She got me this to keep in my car... and I use them OFTEN! I like the Mickey one, though - it suits my personality much better! I might just print some out!

"You are an inconsiderate person. This is not a real ticket, but it should be. Because of your rude and lame attempt at parking you have taken up enough room for an army and a circus. You have received this ticket in hopes that you will learn to think of others before parking in the future. You probably change lanes without using a turn signal too. I hope your engine blows up during rush hour on your birthday!"

I want one!!!

So far no one has hit my car with their doors yet. I do park far away, and sometimes I find someone still parking next to me.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:56 AM
Advanced

I'm so lame...

So, I bought my 06 TL Labor Day weekend from a dealer 90 mi away. They told me I would get FREE oil changes for life. I had 5500 and the MID was saying "change me" so I called the local dealer (Toyota) under the same group and asked if they could handle it. Come to find out they use NAPA oil filters. Yikes! That, combined with the fact that every time I get my car back from somewhere there is monkey finger prints on the door handle, steering wheel, shift knob, keys, etc., drove me to go to the local Auto Zone and pay $50 for Mobil 1 Syn oil and filter. I would rather pay $$ to do it myself than have to do the touch-up work afterwards. I did it last night in my garage and I felt better about it!!

I have also seen lasting impressions on my cars from similar visits, including a tool being closed in the hood, leaving a dent in the fender and hood, with some paint missing. Small but it burns me up when I see it washing.

My point? I don't want anyone touching my car! What good is it to park in the outskirts of town to take a bus to the mall if some idiot is going to ping me. My last TL got parked in a Pizza Hut takeout just long enough for me to walk in and turn around as a guy pull up in his $75 Ford Festiva (still ran) and let his door that didn't appear to have any spring wail into the pass door. I was in awe. He pulled it back then noticed my face in the door. Luckily I had the side protectors on the car and it didn't hurt the paint. Pissed. I couldn't believe this guy was allowed to breathe (much less reproduce) with that little consideration for others.
Old 12-21-2006, 09:52 AM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
I couldn't believe this guy was allowed to breathe (much less reproduce) with that little consideration for others.
His kind are on Jerry Springer every day, a show which, unfortunately, has no shortage of contestants in this country.

Quick Reply: Im loosing weight since i bought my TL