3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i went to the dealership like an idiot

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 02:49 AM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Priority Acura- Bad financing, Good service reps, evil techs.... The service rep never spoke one word to the tech the whole time i was in there... told me i should have steering and transmission flush and i was like "what?" So he takes me in the garage gets a Qtip and shows me both liquid new and what mine looked like... steering perfect... tranny pretty dirty. Then called the tech retarded to his face.

I also recommend whenever something is replaced you ask to see the old one... out of your car. Pretty sure i got screwed on a "new" cabin air filter before.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:19 AM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,843 Likes on 8,574 Posts
Originally Posted by avs007
Sometimes the dealer service department are just scumbags... On my TL, a few years ago, I had the radiator replaced because a rock took it out... A few WEEKS (notice I said weeks) later, I brought the car in for non-related servicing.. And the dealer said that I needed to pay for a coolant flush. I asked them to look up my service records and tell me if my radiator was replaced less than 4 weeks prior... After confirming this, they started backpedaling and said they were going to ask their mechanic why he said I needed a flush....

Another time, they said I needed new tires. I asked them if they even looked at my tires, becuase I had just bought 4 new tires the WEEKEND PRIOR. Again, they backpedaled and admitted they did not look at my tires, but were just going by the mileage on my car....
The upsell.. they look at your miles or ask the tech for even the slightest wear & try to upsell you service. For a majority of people who take their cars to the shop it usually works.. it's the stealership at it's best. They lure you in with good deals on oil changes & hit you with the upsell. Also, the tech only gets a small fraction of the shop fee..

The master tech might get 20 - 40 dollars / hr depending on the shop, lesser techs start at 7 - 10 dollars / hr.. so even though they might get the job done in half the billed hours time.. they're not making a killing.. it's the shop that makes all the money. The shop doesn't even buy tools for the techs. Trust me, the service shops make a shit load of money, the OP should be getting a refund in full at minimum..
Old 03-18-2010, 09:31 AM
Race Director

Received 1,794 Likes on 1,347 Posts
We all should use the "contact us" feature on their website to let them know we're watching to see how they will handle this issue:

http://morandeacura.com/ContactUs.aspx
Old 03-18-2010, 10:34 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I sent him an email telling him Acurazine is watching
Old 03-18-2010, 10:47 AM
Your Friendly Canadian

Received 1,491 Likes on 1,050 Posts
^ Intimidating...
Old 03-18-2010, 10:50 AM
Chapter Leader (New England)

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by nfnsquared
We all should use the "contact us" feature on their website to let them know we're watching to see how they will handle this issue:

http://morandeacura.com/ContactUs.aspx
Ehhh....I'd just the the OP handle it. Nothing good is going to come out of bullying the dealer BEFORE they make their decision as to how they're going to compensate him. It's only going to make things worse.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:52 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by JMillerUA6
Ehhh....I'd just the the OP handle it. Nothing good is going to come out of bullying the dealer BEFORE they make their decision as to how they're going to compensate him. It's only going to make things worse.
This.

It's not a playground where people should go around harassing them. Be professional and mature. It's best to let the OP handle it.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:52 AM
TL = True Love

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by BradE
This.

It's not a playground where people should go around harassing them. Be professional and mature. It's best to let the OP handle it.
yeah and then when they refund his monies....LET THE HARASSMENT BEGIN muahahahaha:devilgrin
Old 03-18-2010, 12:16 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
This.

How is that harassing them? If I said something threatening or verbally abusive in some way yes.
Old 03-18-2010, 12:31 PM

OP and others should always handle the situation professionally. There's no other way to do business. That dealership, especially that SM need to straighten up and focus on quality & customer service. If they don't handle the situation appropriately they're going to lose a lot of business. I wonder how pissed Corporate is right now about finding out that they not only charged the OP $100+ but they also charged corporate for the PSF as well..
Old 03-18-2010, 12:47 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Crestwood1001
How is that harassing them? If I said something threatening or verbally abusive in some way yes.
It doesn't concern you, so why email them at all? It's between the OP, the dealer, and Acura. Just because he posted something about it here doesn't give anyone here the right to interfere in it. Emailing them makes it LESS likely he's going to get a refund, and more likely they will just tell him to piss off.
Old 03-18-2010, 01:10 PM
Race Director

Originally Posted by Majofo
OP and others should always handle the situation professionally. There's no other way to do business. That dealership, especially that SM need to straighten up and focus on quality & customer service. If they don't handle the situation appropriately they're going to lose a lot of business. I wonder how pissed Corporate is right now about finding out that they not only charged the OP $100+ but they also charged corporate for the PSF as well..
Not to mention that corporate is now looking into how many other customers who had the PS recall done got charged for a flush, plus a charge back to Acura for the 3 bottles of fluid. I expect this will get a lot of attention at Corporate. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Corporate discovers that they've pulled this same stunt on every PS recall they've done.
Old 03-18-2010, 01:11 PM
Race Director

It doesn't concern you, so why email them at all? It's between the OP, the dealer, and Acura. Just because he posted something about it here doesn't give anyone here the right to interfere in it. Emailing them makes it LESS likely he's going to get a refund, and more likely they will just tell him to piss off.
You're entitled to your opinion.
Old 03-18-2010, 01:48 PM
i am so smart S M R T

Update

the service manager called me today with good and bad news. The good news is: he said he is going to mail me a refund check. The bad news: it is a partial refund for parts only i believe. He also is aware of this thread and the large amount of interest concerning this issue at his service department. The SM and SW are nice guys and i am glad they changed their initial response to my issue. (after a little persuasion form a-zine and ACS!) I will keep you posted with the amount of the refund and when/if i get it.
Old 03-18-2010, 02:09 PM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 01clsstock
the service manager called me today with good and bad news. The good news is: he said he is going to mail me a refund check. The bad news: it is a partial refund for parts only i believe. He also is aware of this thread and the large amount of interest concerning this issue at his service department. The SM and SW are nice guys and i am glad they changed their initial response to my issue. (after a little persuasion form a-zine and ACS!) I will keep you posted with the amount of the refund and when/if i get it.
Congrats on getting some money back!

By the way, they are being "nice guys" now only because Azine & Acura is looking over their shoulders.

They certainly did not sound like "nice guys" in recommending & charging you for these repairs when you were first dealing with them.
Old 03-18-2010, 02:10 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,771 Likes on 4,342 Posts
Well, that's good to hear. At least a partial win.

================================================== ================

Regards the bickering about whether "we" should get involved or not: IMHO, I don't think it will be helpful. However, each person makes their own decisions (and accepts the results of those decisions). What we don't need is bickering/sniping among members about it.

That said, lets keep the discussion focused and on-topic by providing opinion, support and advice to 01clsstock.

Old 03-18-2010, 02:22 PM

Parts only.. you mean for the PSF. Let me guess..

ACS - "why did you charge us for the PSF if you charged the customer as well?"
Moran - "Oh, it must be an oversight, we'll refund him"
ACS - case closed.

Don't get so excited for your refund of 1 - 2 qts of Honda PSF.. What's that like $15.
Old 03-18-2010, 02:59 PM

This royally pisses me off.. I'd tell them to take that measly check and shove it up their ass. They should reimburse the whole service. Well at least you're part of the club now buddy.. Everyone has been bent over at the dealership at one point or another.

Old 03-18-2010, 03:34 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
OP, are you satisfied with the outcome?
Old 03-18-2010, 04:58 PM
FTW

Received 84 Likes on 45 Posts
what a train wreck of a thread

This is totally the wrong way of doing business. Can you tell us what the refund check will total too?
Old 03-18-2010, 05:32 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that is so mess up they did that to my girl but with something else she took the car in for some repair that was cover with the warranty and they push some other service on her like the power steering, tranny, and brake fluid in total she pay 400 plus...so she bring the car home so proud and tells me and i go off i check the car they didnt do anything on it. The fluids look all the same, so i go back and i blow off on everybody on the dealership and i almost fucked up the service rep......long story short i got my money back and i still got the services done for free and a life time off free oil changes on both of my cars.....

I work to hard for my money to give it away fight kid couse they took you for a ride i have on 06 tl and they did the some recal and i pay nothing for that..... they really took your money
Old 03-18-2010, 05:36 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Only partial refund? This aint right. You should get a full refund. please do not accept a partial refund. Get full or raise hell.
It's like you had to partially pay for the recall while other people got their recalls for free....
Old 03-18-2010, 05:45 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

Agreed, you're still geting shafted. If anything you should be reimbursed for more than the original cost of the recall for all this stress.

Call ACS again and update them. If ACS finds out that the dealership is lying to them again, chances are there are going to be some MAJOR changes at that shop.
Old 03-18-2010, 05:58 PM
FTW

Received 84 Likes on 45 Posts
Agree with the update ACS call.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:01 PM
Burning Brakes

I wouldn't accept a partial refund. Like Majofo said, they were only going to refund you for the fluid, and you will still have paid $100+ in labor. Recall repairs include parts AND labor.

Do not accept this. Tell them you want a FULL refund, or you will be calling Acura again to complain.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:11 PM
'06 TL 5AT NAV Anthracite

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree with those who think you should fight for a full refund. These people deliberately tried to pull a fast one on you and got caught. I think you're entitled to a full refund. Sounds like you're an easy-going guy and there's nothing wrong with it, but don't give up. No matter how friendly they try to sound now, remember, they were dishonest and a partial refund is still unfair.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:37 PM
Too Fast TOO FURIOUS

Morande Acura :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow
Old 03-18-2010, 07:43 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

Makes me wanna start a dealership that's actually honest
Old 03-18-2010, 07:45 PM
Race Director

Morande Acura:

"We'll make a believer out of you."
"Our Acura Service Department is committed to providing you with Superior Customer Service..."
"Acura service you can trust"
"Quality service from trained professionals"
"100% Customer Service commitment."
"Our dealership is focused on one thing only...your complete satisfaction."

Oops....
Old 03-19-2010, 07:20 PM
i am so smart S M R T

Originally Posted by nfnsquared
Morande Acura:

"Our Acura Service Department is committed to providing you with Superior Customer Service..."

Oops....
haha
Old 03-19-2010, 08:24 PM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
If there is one thing I don't like about Acura its the service department. I don't like being charged for stuff that doesn't need to be done. I wonder how many times that service manager or writer has changed brake fluid or power steering fluid in their cars? These packaged deals they put on the boards in the service department are a huge rip off. I guess Acura doesn't care how they rip off the customer. I would not return to this dealer no matter what. They need to step up and refund all the money and admit the power steering fluid flush is a rip off. I have Chevy and Fords that have gone well over 100,000 miles without these services and never have had a problem. Funny how a Acura needs these extra services.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:27 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
You actually SPOKE with the SM or what
How do you leave the phone call still not knowing their decision?
sounds like just the fluid refunded but lets see

By the end of the call from SM you are supposed to have come to an agreement that will allow you to now give them perfect 10s on the survey
if not - they are not done--thats corps policy on the matter
a hundred bucks or a thousand is worth more than the bad publicity this thread has generated and with good reason- caused suspicion on all techs-writers to do their job honestly --

big brother is watching
who thought big brother would turn out to be YOU!

Last edited by 01tl4tl; 03-19-2010 at 09:30 PM.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:28 PM
Team Owner

chevy and ford- hahahahaha know how many exploders have ps problems!
these fluids are hygroscopic- wiki it
change your brake fluid every year too-that is important
Old 03-19-2010, 10:02 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 306 Likes on 193 Posts
You handled it the right away the first time by giving them the benefit of the doubt. What would really piss me off is them going behind your back again and trying to get another one on you by charging you for "parts used" and giving you a partial refund. I honestly would call back ACS and follow up on it. Tell them what's going on, because like the OP said, the GM probably told them it was a mishap. Why must YOU take out your time to correct something this guy messed up and is still trying to get one off of you?? It may just be my NJ/NY mentality of never let anyone take advantage of me. Always give the benefit of the doubt for mishaps because everyone is human, but this is out of hand for him blaming you after he never followed up on his word.

You should have just said "Partial refund? Well don't mail out the check yet, I will see what ACS wants to do about this". Never GO BACK, don't look like a fool.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:35 AM
Team Owner

there is a differance between the dealer and corp as money is concerned.
just to give the other side:
from GMs view- he had the entire morning- several hours as his idea of morning ends at 2pm (did he say by noon or midday or what)
before he had to call the customer- during that time he was trying to find out if it was their best writers screwup,, or techs,, or who was at fault- why am I gettng pissed off customer calls???? is what the GM wants to know

OP waited until 1130 and decided that he was bored,,, making 1130 mornings end and sets ACS in motion
Somewhere in there the GM decided a full refund was the easy way out

then ACS calls and all hell breaks out- regional acura rep in their office,, wanting to see records- talk to techs,,, oh shiiiiite!

No one likes the customer now!

GM decides to do the least he has to and says partial refund
(dont cash that check unless you accept that as final payback)

Customer being told (by SW?) that GM was going to or was considering a full refund `until ACS involved`.... shows their asses were chewed, and that person wanted to rub salt in your wound

having been in the industry:
please let me apolagize for the bs the OP and others have experienced in shops everywhere- you have to know your stuff-do your research--
before letting a shop touch your car!

You cant imagine the horror of working in a shop and needing to make xx amount a day or the doors close (at least your door of employement) ,,,that can be 10-20 grand a day quota per SW,, or even more at larger dealers with more overhead
the bigger the showroom the bigger your bill at service- count on it

Last edited by 01tl4tl; 03-20-2010 at 06:38 AM.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:22 AM
#ForcedInductionFamily

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Once again, a link to my dealership advice / rant thread in case some of you guys haven't read it. Good stuff in there for avoiding these situations altogether!

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/choose-your-dealers-wisely-advice-rant-763250/
Old 03-20-2010, 09:21 AM
Race Director

Originally Posted by 01tl4tl
from GMs view- he had the entire morning- several hours as his idea of morning ends at 2pm (did he say by noon or midday or what)
before he had to call the customer- ...
I'll remind everyone again:

http://morandeacura.com/Default.aspx
http://morandeacura.com/Service.aspx

Oh sure, it was just an oversight and by their own words above, they got right on it making things right. NOT.

Oops....
Old 03-20-2010, 11:41 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 306 Likes on 193 Posts
Originally Posted by 01tl4tl
before he had to call the customer- during that time he was trying to find out if it was their best writers screwup,, or techs,, or who was at fault- why am I gettng pissed off customer calls???? is what the GM wants to know

OP waited until 1130 and decided that he was bored,,, making 1130 mornings end and sets ACS in motion
Somewhere in there the GM decided a full refund was the easy way out

then ACS calls and all hell breaks out- regional acura rep in their office,, wanting to see records- talk to techs,,, oh shiiiiite!

No one likes the customer now!

GM decides to do the least he has to and says partial refund
(dont cash that check unless you accept that as final payback)

Customer being told (by SW?) that GM was going to or was considering a full refund `until ACS involved`.... shows their asses were chewed, and that person wanted to rub salt in your wound

having been in the industry:
please let me apolagize for the bs the OP and others have experienced in shops everywhere- you have to know your stuff-do your research--
before letting a shop touch your car!

You cant imagine the horror of working in a shop and needing to make xx amount a day or the doors close (at least your door of employement) ,,,that can be 10-20 grand a day quota per SW,, or even more at larger dealers with more overhead
the bigger the showroom the bigger your bill at service- count on it
Thats what people to go school for. He works WITH people, if he cannot handle the down side of the business then he needs to look for another job. The only companies that are HUGE and doing well are the ones that take care of their employees and customers. Those are the two biggest assets to a company. Instead of being a sneaky guy trying to get everyones money, why doesn't he put himself in that situation and realize he's corrupt. I don't know how people sleep at night who are like that. Coming from me, who does custom tail lights I put money aside and try to help out the customers all I can. I charge the customers the cost at what I get the tail lights for, bring fair goes a long way.

Also from a marketing major, by that GM screwing over this customer will actually lead to a downfall in the business. What if that customer had 100 friends that have ACURA TLs or friends that are interested in buying that ACURA TL? Where are they going to go? Not to that place, that is for sure. I know at first hand because I go for parts where I am treated right and repeat my business. Even if I can save $5 dollars somewhere else, I would rather give my business to someone who deserves it.
Old 03-22-2010, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by archie77
Hey Guys, I live in VA and have a 2006 TSX. I went to the dealership for an A1 Service at 45K Miles and they asked me to get a power steering system flush, brake fluid system flush and a 4 wheel alignment.

And they charged me like $557 for it. Is this right ? This is the second time I'm raking in a bill of almost $600.

This was the breakdown of the charges :

Power St Flush : part : $46 , Labor :$112
Brake Fluid flush: $21.95, Labor : $112
Alignment: $112
A1 Service : $124

I have no idea of how much these things should cost, Any info on this would be helpful. Thx.

You got your shit pushed in.. nice thread jack btw.. :thief:

Welcome to Azine btw.. check out the TSX side. You'll find some great DIY threads to save you money in the future.

Last edited by Majofo; 03-22-2010 at 12:53 AM.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:05 PM
'06 TL 5AT NAV Anthracite

Originally Posted by AckTL05
Thats what people to go school for. He works WITH people, if he cannot handle the down side of the business then he needs to look for another job. The only companies that are HUGE and doing well are the ones that take care of their employees and customers. Those are the two biggest assets to a company. Instead of being a sneaky guy trying to get everyones money, why doesn't he put himself in that situation and realize he's corrupt. I don't know how people sleep at night who are like that. Coming from me, who does custom tail lights I put money aside and try to help out the customers all I can. I charge the customers the cost at what I get the tail lights for, bring fair goes a long way.

Also from a marketing major, by that GM screwing over this customer will actually lead to a downfall in the business. What if that customer had 100 friends that have ACURA TLs or friends that are interested in buying that ACURA TL? Where are they going to go? Not to that place, that is for sure. I know at first hand because I go for parts where I am treated right and repeat my business. Even if I can save $5 dollars somewhere else, I would rather give my business to someone who deserves it.
I totally agree. Regardless of what they (The GM & SM) may have thought of the OP going to ACS. From what the OP expained, they clearly intended to fleece the OP out of hism money. They have absolutely no reason to be angry. They should be ashamed of themselves, but you'd have to be human to be capable of those feelings.

Quick Reply: i went to the dealership like an idiot