Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I think Im the youngest of TL Drivers, age poll

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2004, 06:06 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
partagas -

did you feel that earthquake that hit that area a couple days ago? I'm not sure as to what areas felt it or not .. hope all is safe!
Old 01-04-2004, 06:23 PM
Racer

I didn't. I was working in the Madera Child Welfare office and most of the women felt it but they were sitting down and I was running around fooling with their computers (some people will do anything for money, inspite of their education). So. I didn't feel it.

It appears that the damage was confined to the picturesque old brick downtown square in Paso (good restaurants) and to the wine racks in the region. That area has a zillion little boutique wineries. Hotter than hell on the "off" summer day.

Thank you for inquiring.
Old 01-04-2004, 06:33 PM
Burning Brakes

Re: I think Im the youngest of TL Drivers, age poll

Originally posted by EggrollXpress61
Hey I was wondering how old you guys are. I think im the youngest TL driver out there, lol. Im only 16 and drive a car everyone thinks is far too nice for someone my age, although I paid for the car in full with my own money. I drive an Anthracite/Quartz TL w/ Navi. So just a quick poll about how old you guys are.
You say your own money. How did you EARN 35K. If it was not earned, you did not buy it

Congrats, I ope you learn the vallue of a buck!
Old 01-04-2004, 06:57 PM
Three Wheelin'

who the hell cares if mommy and daddy bought cars for you? are you guys jealous that parents care about their kids? i had 3 cars all in my name, i'm 19, and i didn't pay for any of them. is that bad? i don't really think so
Old 01-04-2004, 07:00 PM
Instructor

why does it gotta be mommy or daddy? can't it just me mom or dad? or mother and father? how about mama and papa?
Old 01-04-2004, 07:33 PM
Intermediate

If an individual has already been a 'participant' on the 'age' threads and asks again as though he/she's never seen such threads, then I would not hesitate to think that the individual
is interested letting others know that he/she has some money and has a car that others need to earn later.

Personally, driving by the local high school and seeing M3's, Hummer H2's and vehicles with so much $$$ invested in modifications is somewhat disheartening. If an individual
earned the money, then I don't know how anyone can argue except towards the decision to 'invest' sooo much money into a vehicle at such a young age.

Likewise, I can't disagree with the perception of some of the individuals that have worked and strived for many years to be able to have such an item, that participating in such forums and initiating such a thread with what can perceived as an 'attitude' or need for attention is inappropriate.
Old 01-04-2004, 07:35 PM
Intermediate

As stated by 'adam 209' .....

who the hell cares if mommy and daddy bought cars for you? are you guys jealous that parents care about their kids? i had 3 cars all in my name, i'm 19, and i didn't pay for any of them. is that bad? i don't really think so

Just as you are entitled to think it is OK, others are entitled to a belief that it is NOT OK.
Old 01-04-2004, 07:38 PM
Racer

This is horrible. Go away, everybody.
Old 01-04-2004, 07:38 PM
Racer

This thread is quite entertaining, lol
Old 01-04-2004, 07:53 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by gordon_gekko
I also just got my BSBA from The Fisher College of Business at The Ohio State University.
I have always wondered why Buckeyes call it "The" Ohio State University. Is there another Ohio school that you are trying to distance yourself from? Is there a story behind it?

Go Badgers!

Back to topic . . .

There is nothing wrong with getting a nice car at a young age. If I were 16 and had $35k to spend on a car, I probably would have bought something flashier.

I can only offer the youth of today a little home spun cliche . . .

You will be a much better driver if you accept how little you know about driving and do something about it.

Take it from a decent 'novice' driver with much to learn.
Old 01-04-2004, 08:06 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by brahtw8
I have always wondered why Buckeyes call it "The" Ohio State University. Is there another Ohio school that you are trying to distance yourself from? Is there a story behind it?

Go Badgers!

hahaha! I don't know why the 'the' is there! I've asked myself that question before too. I've never actually heard anyone say 'the' either. it's always just ohio state, or osu or whatever. and as far as other schools, none are really that similar. there's an Ohio University(OU) nearby, or Columbus State, uhhhh...Miami of Ohio, Ohio Dominican etc. So I don't why. Maybe a local boy has more info on the history and all that

Also, GRRRRRRRRR! Badgers!! J/k it could be worse - you could support the maize and blue:wow:
Old 01-04-2004, 08:28 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by partagas
This is horrible. Go away, everybody.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!!!
Old 01-04-2004, 09:30 PM
Intermediate

Lets just end this. Congrads on your purchase of your car. It is a really hot ride. I can't wait till mine is delivered. If I was your age with 35k to spend on a car I probably would have purchased something different, but then again you probably like gadgets...which is why I got the car too. It also shows how responcible you are (260hp). At 19-20 I bought my first car that was 30k+. I was able to do this through hard work and determination. I have no doubt that you will be very successfull. Success normally comes to those who take the less traveled road. Just make sure you invest your money and get your education. To the other kids who got their car through mommy and daddy...who cares. You are blessed. I hope I'll be able to hook up my kids like that one day. To all the haters be glad some people don't have to work as hard as you and I to get nice things. Would you rather have these kids owning these cars or stealing YOUR car? This thread should be cut.
Old 01-05-2004, 01:17 AM
Burning Brakes

This thread has become ridiculous, and this gordon gekko guy is a complete pain in the ass, and sounds like more of a thug each time he writes something. Hey gordon, go tell your parents they owe you an apology. I'm blocking his posts from here out.
Old 01-05-2004, 01:36 AM
Instructor

Adam, do you realize how conceited you sound? A BMW for graduation and an acura for Christmas. It's nice to have rich parents and if I were you I'm sure I wouldn't be turning down the gifts, but most of us had to work our asses off to buy our first nice car in our thirties, or fourties and don't want to hear about a snot nose kid who has parents who don't understand that they should be teaching you some values, as well as some humility.
Old 01-05-2004, 03:37 AM
Three Wheelin'

ummm...ok...so because i got a car for graduation and christmas that makes me a snot nosed kid??? the only reason i get the cars i do is because of my grades and the fact that i have to commute to school. how i'm a snot nosed kid because i'm "lucky" is unknown to me.
Old 01-05-2004, 05:06 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
Originally posted by adam209
ummm...ok...so because i got a car for graduation and christmas that makes me a snot nosed kid??? the only reason i get the cars i do is because of my grades and the fact that i have to commute to school. how i'm a snot nosed kid because i'm "lucky" is unknown to me.
Its not the fact you got the cars. Its just how some people tend to brag about it.

You know the type, the 15 year old girl saying "My Daddy bought me this, my Daddy bought me that".

For people who have to work for what they get, it really gets on our nerves.

I was lucky to get a Civic and even then only after high school.
Old 01-05-2004, 10:15 AM
Racer

Originally posted by adam209
Parents who buy their kids $35000 cars don't care about teaching their how to be responsible. Whats happens when the cars break? Do you go ask for a new car?
Old 01-05-2004, 10:44 AM
Rum Runner

Originally posted by Ken1997TL
Its not the fact you got the cars. Its just how some people tend to brag about it.

You know the type, the 15 year old girl saying "My Daddy bought me this, my Daddy bought me that".

For people who have to work for what they get, it really gets on our nerves.

I was lucky to get a Civic and even then only after high school.
I was lucky to find a '79 Mustang Pace Car that needed all kinds of work back in 1985 when I turned 16. I worked from the day I turned 15 to save enough to buy that car, and worked every day after I bought it to maintain it.

I learned that value of a dollar as well as the importance of being able to do your own work on your car.
Old 01-05-2004, 11:00 AM
Racer

Originally posted by Majorhouse
I was lucky to find a '79 Mustang Pace Car that needed all kinds of work back in 1985 when I turned 16. I worked from the day I turned 15 to save enough to buy that car, and worked every day after I bought it to maintain it.

I learned that value of a dollar as well as the importance of being able to do your own work on your car.

Well said!!!
Old 01-05-2004, 12:49 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by 6spdzoomzoom
Parents who buy their kids $35000 cars don't care about teaching their how to be responsible. Whats happens when the cars break? Do you go ask for a new car?
who are you to judge someone's parents? who is ANYONE on this site to judge anyone else?

this topic has really gotten outta control. next subject.
Old 01-05-2004, 12:59 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by habibnazir
who are you to judge someone's parents? who is ANYONE on this site to judge anyone else?

this topic has really gotten outta control. next subject.
I agree that this topic is out of control, but I think it started with a pretty ridiculous statement from the author.

Habib, any time someone posts on this website, or any other discussion website, there is every likelihood that others will react to it. Some find it amusing to just read this stuff, and others (like me) sometimes feel the need to get into the discussion. If you don't like what's going on, then move on.
Old 01-05-2004, 03:27 PM
Racer

Hey I was wondering how old you guys are. I think im the youngest TL driver out there, lol. Im only 16 and drive a car everyone thinks is far too nice for someone my age, although I paid for the car in full with my own money. I drive an Anthracite/Quartz TL w/ Navi. So just a quick poll about how old you guys are.
it is too nice for someone your age. you paid for it w/ your OWN money? you mean you took the money out of your own trust fund? that's cool bro, but don't talk about it like you've made 30,000 on your own by the age of 16.
Old 01-05-2004, 03:44 PM
Instructor

I like this forum because it contains a lot of helpful information about the 04TL and allows for owners to seek help from others with problems, etc... I don't however think that this thread is informative to anyone. I personally would never let my 16 year old buy a $35K automobile without first saving enough money to pay for his college education. Of course I am not Cisco Certified so what do I know?

Congrats to all of those 04TL owners out there regardless of age. Please post as much information and as many photos as you can so we can enjoy the car without getting into political debates.
Old 01-05-2004, 03:49 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by acuraddict
I agree that this topic is out of control, but I think it started with a pretty ridiculous statement from the author.

Habib, any time someone posts on this website, or any other discussion website, there is every likelihood that others will react to it. Some find it amusing to just read this stuff, and others (like me) sometimes feel the need to get into the discussion. If you don't like what's going on, then move on.
.... okay okay you're right. everyone does have the right to express how they feel and opinions are just that opinions ... self expressions and people may voice them...
Old 01-05-2004, 07:44 PM
1st Gear

How much do you pay for insurance? A 16 year old in street race heavy Irvine, CA - driving a 2004 TL - that has to be at least 6K a year. Or do you not need insurance because you carry that DMV required 35K bond with you at all times?

Maybe I'm just jealous, I'm still trying to put myself through college and not go insane at the same time...
Old 01-05-2004, 08:00 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by acuraddict
This thread has become ridiculous, and this gordon gekko guy is a complete pain in the ass, and sounds like more of a thug each time he writes something. Hey gordon, go tell your parents they owe you an apology. I'm blocking his posts from here out.

You're an idiot AA. You're only mad because I debunked several of your ignorant assumptions about me. I'm not the one who started all the **** in this thread. All I said was my age and told him **** the haters. To which you replied "Or you could just keep your mouth shut blah,blah,blah" How am I supposed to react to that ****? Who are you to judge me?

And this thread became ridiculous the minute you and some of the other 'mature' TL owners decided to rip into a 16 yr old for posting a harmless question. You're a class act buddy
Old 01-08-2004, 02:57 AM
3rd Gear

i like eggrolls especially with the sweet and sour sauce
Old 01-08-2004, 03:29 AM
Instructor

Don't believe anything you read on the internet. 16 with Cisco Certification. So what did you do? Network consulting since you were 12?
Did you get your certification and suddenly have enough money to buy a TL? Even with certification, you need to be hired to work for at least 1 taxed year to earn enough money to buy a 35k car, given that you have NO other expense. Or do you make 150k a year simply from being certified. Give me a break. There's so many loose pieces in this puzzle you might as well burn the whole thing. The jig is up.
Old 01-08-2004, 09:07 AM
Intermediate

I'm 8 and half and I paid for my car in full too. I get to drive it out of the garage for now, but anyday now, I get to turn 16
Old 01-08-2004, 09:59 AM
10th Gear

I've been in IT for around 11 years now. I've been a net admin since I was 16 **** was so we were running some Window for Workgroups machines and Dos with Networking. Looking back I didn't know near as much as I know now. I've met plenty of stupid ass's in IT with Masters and Cisco and MCSD and MCSE degrees. A piece of paper don't tell me ****. Also how do u think all these viruses spread through the internet so fasts? People who think they can run a corporate network and don't set it up right and then when they hacked, they wonder what happened. Bill Gates was a college dropout, and now he's the richest **** on the planet. Who's smarter? Paper doesn't mean ****. BTW congrats on the car.
Old 01-09-2004, 02:38 PM
Advanced

Uh... if you're 16 and work in IT, then you're someone's little *****.... and you're probably only making $10/hour. but who am i to say. You could be dealing dope for all I know... in which case, i say, you should've bought something more expensive. lol.
Old 01-09-2004, 03:15 PM
Advanced

I'll turn 98 next month.

RB
Old 01-09-2004, 05:27 PM
Racer

I've been Java certified for the past 20 years.
Old 01-09-2004, 05:31 PM
Instructor

Is he going to respond?? This was getting good!
Old 01-09-2004, 06:07 PM
Three Wheelin'

who cares if he bought the car with his own money @ 16. if he has the car more power to him
Old 01-10-2004, 11:03 AM
Race Director

Originally posted by skrillad
i like eggrolls especially with the sweet and sour sauce
I like the Lo Mein and Fried Rice too! Good STUFF!
Old 01-31-2004, 10:48 PM
Intermediate

Im sorry for bringing this up but I had to.

Well people that at 16 can get there CCNA. It called Cisco cisco academy. The year I got out of school, my school got this class. Now makeing 35gs a year at 16. BS Now you can pay for your car with money that you have or gotten but who pays for the insurance. Im 20 and have 02 honda accord and I pay 350 bucks a month for insurance. Now unless you makeing like 2gs a month its hard to pay for a car payment and insurance at the same time with out help. Now I too am looking at the TL but not for another year or 2.

I just dont like people saying I have CC this and that and have this car.

Now do like what Im doing. Buy a pix 501 and have your own router.

OK I said my peice.

I respect everyone here who works there but off, pays for there car and insurance and dose not brag about it.
Old 01-31-2004, 10:55 PM
Banned

Everything that has been said in this and other age threads already, without it needing to be bumped from a month ago.