I smoked the CRAP out of 06 Maxima 3.5 SE

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 03:53 PM
The Talk of New York

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking I smoked the CRAP out of 06 Maxima 3.5 SE

man...I had a great friday night....

Here's the story:

I went to the bar with a couple of my friends on friday night, we have a few beers, and decide to go home at around 11 pm. So as im driving home, I see this Gunmetal Maxima driving maad fast.

I catch up, and we finally catch a red light, so I roll down my window and was blown away by the fact that it was a chick driving the car. She also had 2 passengers in the car just like me.

I was like "sweetie, you drive good for a girl, wanna go for a run?"
She smiles and closes her window, so I take it as a yes. The light turns green, and we both start of slowly for like a couple of seconds, then she floors it, and I do the same. Let me tell you something, this was the very first time I floored it, and I ABSOLUTLY LOVE the roar that the engine makes, especially once you hit VTEC.

So we were both dead even for a few seconds, then I just heard this loud roar from my engine (i guess it was vtec) and I slowly started to pull away.

By about 80 mph, I had half a car length on her, but then we were approaching a stop sign, so we both slowed down.

I rolled down my window again, and so does she, and I was like
"you've got some balls driving like that, can I get your number?" and she laughs again and asks me what I want, and I tell her
"just looking for some competition" and she was like
"well have you found any?" and I was like
"Nope"

Then it looks like I pissed her off or something, so she floors it, and I go after her, and let me tell you something, the way this girl drives, I think she has more balls than any guy out there.

This time I couldn't get side by side with her cause it was a very narrow street, but I was right behind her. After playing cat and mouse with her for a few mins, she deciddes to pull over, and so do I.

It turns out that my cousin that was in my car knows her, so we all decide to have a little conversation. After a few mins of taking, I found out that she was 19 and it was an 06 maxima 3.5se, and she was teaching her 14 year old sister how to drive.

The sisters switch seats, so I decided to leave them alone, but I told the other girl that I'll see her around.

Anyways, I had a blast racing a maxima, and this was actually my very first time having a real race with someone. I love my car, and now im actually looking forward to buying an intake system to increase my cars performance, and to make the engine sound more aggressive.
Old 11-27-2006, 04:05 PM
Racer

1/2 car = smoked the shit out of?
Old 11-27-2006, 04:14 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,671 Likes on 932 Posts
Judging by the "ROAR", you might want to have your exhaust system checked out.
Old 11-27-2006, 04:18 PM
The Talk of New York

Originally Posted by F23A4
why, what could be wrong with my exhaust?

The roar sounded really good, it sounded like it was coming from the engine, and that the engine was very powerful

Originally Posted by SuperStar
1/2 car = smoked the shit out of?
for me, I'd say I did smoke the shit out of her cause we were both going at it like crazy non stop, and what I typed up is like half of what actually happened.

And considering this was my first time racing and flooring it, and actually winning the race against a supposedly more powerful car, I get the bragging rights to say that I smoked that bitch
Old 11-27-2006, 05:05 PM
Peach Tea

be careful, underage drinking + reckless driving = ur ass in jail.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:10 PM
The Talk of New York

Originally Posted by badazzTL
be careful, underage drinking + reckless driving = ur ass in jail.
yea, im not really the type that drinks, this was actually my first time havin beer, and i was only able to drink 1/4 of the bottle

but on the other hand, my cousin and my friend drank 6 bottles each and were out of it.

i dont really like the taste of beer, and i have no clue how they were able to drink soo much of it.

but either way, i wasnt drunk at all, and left the bar like an hour after i stopeed drinking, and freshend up just before i left, so i was completly safe...

and i wasnt driving wreckless, im actually a very careful driver, and when i approach an intersection or see myself in any kind of uncomfortable situation, i slow down.

but thanks anyways for caring
Old 11-28-2006, 01:59 AM
Banned

and she was teaching her 14 year old sister how to drive.

The sisters switch seats, so I decided to leave them alone, but I told the other girl that I'll see her around.
You let the 19 yr old give the wheel to a 14 yr old without saying anything... interesting.

Other than that, AWESOME story.. it would've been even better if you got her number. lol

Happened to me before... Girl tried racing me, i was impressed and gave her the run for her money.. and now?.. we're good friends.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:08 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Gamezilla
why, what could be wrong with my exhaust?

The roar sounded really good, it sounded like it was coming from the engine, and that the engine was very powerful
CLPlatano, would you say that your TL-S makes a "ROARING" sound??
Old 11-28-2006, 10:14 AM
The Boss

so did you get her number?
Old 11-28-2006, 02:17 PM
The Talk of New York

Originally Posted by AcuraDriver2006
so did you get her number?
no...i wish i did

but im pretty sure i'll see her around again, and next time i'll give her a run for her money, and then get into a conversation with her and try to get her number

but damm, she sounds like she knows alot about cars... and she recently sold her 06 TL
Old 11-28-2006, 07:02 PM
Oh Hullow

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
my moment of preaching: a friend of mine (under 21) had a few drinks... was not at all drunk, and driving normal a deer jumped out int he road he swerved his truck flipped and over $10k later from the dwi all is somewhat back to normal ... ps he blew a .01 in the breathalizer but since he was under 21 the cuffs were slapped on him.... anyway.. i love to hear healthy competition such as this especially the maxima being our closest competition out there... after switching back and forth between driving my car and my fathers 05 maxima i still feel liek his car is more powerful... good kill though! even though deep in my heart i still have an attachment to maximas haha... next time your in a situation like that aboslutely do not leave without a number, or a rejection just so you know you tried haha.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:33 PM
02 TL Type-S

i'm real surprised you beat the maxima, the 06 should beat out a TL, especially from a stop. Guess your car was running stronger that night. nice kill, but 1/2 car length is essentially dead even.

I think I know what ya mean by the "roar," the point at which the vtec kicks in the engine changes tone and volume. It does sound rather mean!!
Old 11-28-2006, 08:22 PM
B A N N E D

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
arent the 06 maxis slower than the 02-03 becaue of the weight difference? ive had mixed experiences with maxis sometimes i get beat sometimes i beat them, its very inconsistent.]

you seem to have a very nice car dont do something stupid like drink and drive, then wreck that shit, itll be a waste of a perfectly good ABP
Old 11-28-2006, 08:50 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by S1CK TypeS
arent the 06 maxis slower than the 02-03 becaue of the weight difference? ive had mixed experiences with maxis sometimes i get beat sometimes i beat them, its very inconsistent.
In general, both the 5.5G and 6G Maximas seem to be similarly quick, if not a bit quicker.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:30 AM
Burning Brakes

:whyme:

Here's the story:

...I rolled down my window again, and so does she, and I was like
"you've got some balls driving like that, can I get your number?" and she laughs again and asks me what I want, and I tell her
"just looking for some competition"...
Honestly. I can't stop laughing....
Old 12-25-2006, 08:32 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
When is this kid going to learn the following things,

never ever race on the street- "slowed for intersections" dont you ever watch tv where real criminals fleeing the police blast thru town- you can be killed by them

Never risk the lives of your friends, especially those who are too drunk to take care of themself- so you pile them into the car and put their life at total risk!!!! Nice Guy!
real races take place with only the driver on board- anything else is called manslughter or homicide in an accident if they decide alcohol- even the smallest amount is present if underage 21-

Take real driving lessons from a pro at a track for road racing and drag racing if thats your thing.

And last but possibly most important

Any GIRL with bigger BALLS than you,

MAY not have always been a girl!

Check closely before entering
Old 12-25-2006, 11:00 PM
Advanced

well having raced a 3rd gen TL many, many times, and having a 6th gen maxima myself, a half a car sounds about right. usually off the line, the VQ's torque helpings my max pull away and then around 60 mph, the TL's VTEC rushes in and catches up a lil. From a roll, its usually Tl by a lil, and from a dig, its usually max by a lil.
Old 12-28-2006, 05:56 AM
ChairmanMaoSaysRTFM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Gamezilla, just so you know, the cops do check out internet blogs, etc. when they want to arrest certain people or secure evidence, so be careful of how you incriminate yourself online by detailing your actions. just a friendly word of advice from a fellow a-zine member.

SSTS
Old 01-04-2007, 05:10 AM
Instructor

Good Kill . Maxima have lots of power but are just a little heavy.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:26 AM
Safety Car

Received 148 Likes on 99 Posts
The Roar is VTEC that kicks in. The engine on these cars gets much louder when that kicks in.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:40 PM
Senior Moderator

Old 01-13-2007, 02:13 PM
B A N N E D

and let me tell you something, the way this girl drives, I think she has more balls than any guy out there.

liquid courage maybe? or just stupidity

its not that she drives well, its probaly because shes 19 and has daddy paying for the car and any damages that might occur so she doesnt care....maybe.

i mean when was the last time you saw a hot rich blonde caring about anything

i go to school in a spoiler white kid area and all these blondes drive mercedes. i get cut off all the time. i get guys that do it too but when i pull next to them and start cussing and lookin pissed. they pull over and pretend that it is where they intentionally wanted to go. hahahah
Old 01-13-2007, 02:14 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by SatinSilverTypS
Gamezilla, just so you know, the cops do check out internet blogs, etc. when they want to arrest certain people or secure evidence, so be careful of how you incriminate yourself online by detailing your actions. just a friendly word of advice from a fellow a-zine member.

SSTS
so i robbed a bank the other day...guy tried to stop me and so i shot him. =]

haha jk. but do they really check online? how do you know? i wonder if they check car forums.
Old 01-13-2007, 02:37 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
This is one of the dumbest race stories I've read on this site.
Street racing after drinking at the bar? Sure, you only had one beer. But it was your first and you had no idea how you would react to it. Who knows what kind of dumb things your drunk a$$ friends could have done while you were goin 80+mph. Maybe this time you made it out alive...
this was the very first time I floored it, and I ABSOLUTLY LOVE the roar that the engine makes, especially once you hit VTEC.
Not the best idea to test your car out at full throttle while racing someone. How do you know how it's going to react? What if you hit a bump, and the car junped to either direction, do you know how to control your car in a situation like that? Especially with other peoples lives in your hands? Learn your car away from the public if you are going to then do dumb stuff like this.
Old 01-14-2007, 02:37 AM
6th Gear

how do you even know she FLOORED it?
Old 01-14-2007, 08:19 AM
Banned

Bar? Driving? Floored it? .................................. OK?
Old 01-14-2007, 08:23 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by F23A4
Check under the hood if you hit a lion and now hez stuck some where in da car.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:23 AM
13.2@ 107 on Street tires

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
damn 6 bottles? light weights hahah...nice kill
Old 01-15-2007, 02:55 AM
TriState ViP Crew

my best friend got maxima 6, we like to check our cars from time to time, always he is faster, but things are change now, he put 22'' rimz, no more racing ....he cant go faster then 45mph..
Old 01-15-2007, 08:58 AM
Senior Moderator

Deuces = performance killer
Old 01-15-2007, 11:43 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by lostkhan
Check under the hood if you hit a lion and now hez stuck some where in da car.

LMAO!!!!!!
Old 01-15-2007, 11:45 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by jayunsplanet
This is one of the dumbest race stories I've read on this site.
Street racing after drinking at the bar? Sure, you only had one beer. But it was your first and you had no idea how you would react to it. Who knows what kind of dumb things your drunk a$$ friends could have done while you were goin 80+mph. Maybe this time you made it out alive...

Not the best idea to test your car out at full throttle while racing someone. How do you know how it's going to react? What if you hit a bump, and the car junped to either direction, do you know how to control your car in a situation like that? Especially with other peoples lives in your hands? Learn your car away from the public if you are going to then do dumb stuff like this.
I agree, with my 6th gen maxima, torque steer was something that was scary in the beginnings, and its best to truely understand your car by urself, in a controlled env, to learn how to handle it, b4 u start messing around.
Old 01-21-2007, 05:02 PM
Cruisin'

1. This is so dumb. why the hell would you race after drinking, **ck racing, why would you drive?

2. There is no damn gunmetal maxima
3. You beat the driver that day, not the car that day. I'll glady prove you wrong with my 04 max w/ CAI. In a controlled environment though
Old 01-22-2007, 05:11 PM
ChairmanMaoSaysRTFM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by vzuptnguyen
so i robbed a bank the other day...guy tried to stop me and so i shot him. =]

haha jk. but do they really check online? how do you know? i wonder if they check car forums.
yeah, they check all the time. my brother has been with the new york state police for a number of years now and he has mentioned time to time that they check blogs as a matter of routine when looking for confessional evidence against juvenile offenders.

alot of cops are more computer savvy than people give them credit for. plus given the fact that colleges and employers and the like check your myspace page and blogs (and sometimes your credit scores) when you get a job it's best to err on the side of conservatism. believe me, nothing you write on the internet is ever truly "private".
Old 01-23-2007, 03:11 AM
99' TL Baby!

My myspace is private so people can't view it. I'm sure the cops could easily bypass this though and take a small peak.
Old 01-23-2007, 12:21 PM
The Talk of New York

Originally Posted by thugpreet
1. This is so dumb. why the hell would you race after drinking, **ck racing, why would you drive?

2. There is no damn gunmetal maxima
3. You beat the driver that day, not the car that day. I'll glady prove you wrong with my 04 max w/ CAI. In a controlled environment though
ok, for the last fuckin time

I WAS NOT DRUNK THAT NIGHT, I only had 1/4 of a bottle of beer, and had like 2 bottles of water after that, and left the bar like 2 hours later. I was 99% clean when I left the bar.
Old 01-23-2007, 06:08 PM
'10 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Well if you're driving a AT TL, never race from a roll in the 3rd gen TLs. 3rd, 4th and 5th gears are way too long, you'll get beat by almost anything that does a 1/4 under 15.2, if you're stock (except stock WRX the gearing on those cars are far worse than the TLs up high).

I lost to a 4th gen Golf 1.8T with a down-pipe and intake, because of the gearing on the TL being too long, makes me wish I had gotten a manual.
Old 01-23-2007, 06:22 PM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
did you use the sportshift? torq steer on the new maxima boats are a mother, but when mastered, are quite the feat. and i'm pretty sure a 14 year old who was just learning to drive didn't master it? bus lengths friend, bus lengths.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:50 PM
5th Gear

She probably wasent trying 2 race U because if ur car is stock she would have smoked ur ass
Old 01-30-2007, 01:13 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by thefirmm111
how do you even know she FLOORED it?
wait when did we agree it was a SHE?

Quick Reply: I smoked the CRAP out of 06 Maxima 3.5 SE