Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I refuse to sell my POS civic.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2005, 12:56 AM
Boondocks fanatic.....

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I refuse to sell my POS civic.....

Hey gang, I thought that I would share this with you all in tryin' to understand my sanity......

I've had my civic hatchback for eight plus years and man does it ever look its age. But yet I refuse to sell it. The headliner has changed colors from light grey to a dirty black, the headlights have turned yellow, the stereo system is hanging on its last leg, the overall interior looks like bootypie. The only good thing about it is that a few years back I put a B16 in it to give it a bit more pep. I recently treated myself to a TL and enjoy driving it but my first love is that POS civic. My wife doesn't even try to convince me to sell it cause that's just so unlikely. Either it's gonna die a slow death or someone is gonna have to steal it from me. Has anyone else dealt with this?
Old 05-29-2005, 01:05 AM
6MT & LSD

is it worth holding on to? if there's no need for that car, i'd sell it and use the money on your TL. after all, by keeping the civic, you are spending money on insurance that you'd otherwise save. B16 motor alone will sell the car quick.... i say sell it.
Old 05-29-2005, 01:06 AM
Racer

I understand

I understand what you feel . I used to have a 1996 mitsubishi eclipse non turbo , for some reason it was wey hard for me to let it go. I had an accident and the car was totaled, and I end up selling it to this guy who onws a body shop. (thinking it was not worth it to get it fixed) . Now I see him drinving my car all the time and eventough I have a TL now , I wouldnt think twice if I had to switch. Sentimental value perhaps ?
Old 05-29-2005, 01:06 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Russdaddy
Hey gang, I thought that I would share this with you all in tryin' to understand my sanity......

I've had my civic hatchback for eight plus years and man does it ever look its age. But yet I refuse to sell it. The headliner has changed colors from light grey to a dirty black, the headlights have turned yellow, the stereo system is hanging on its last leg, the overall interior looks like bootypie. The only good thing about it is that a few years back I put a B16 in it to give it a bit more pep. I recently treated myself to a TL and enjoy driving it but my first love is that POS civic. My wife doesn't even try to convince me to sell it cause that's just so unlikely. Either it's gonna die a slow death or someone is gonna have to steal it from me. Has anyone else dealt with this?
Shouldn't this go to Rambling?
Old 05-29-2005, 01:13 AM
Pro

Received 81 Likes on 40 Posts
I know the feeling. I'm ready to get out of my tl-s. I guess its not as old as yours, but 75k miles in 2 and half years is alot of car bonding. I've been going between the Z (agh, i'd feel like a traitor if I went from honda to nissan), the s2000 (such a nimble handler, but no drag capabilities, and none of the lux amentities i'm used to), and I'm even considering getting an RSX-S (I know it sounds preposterous? Why would anyone get one of those after a TL? Duh, so I can make up the price difference between that and the Z/S2k in car mods. Anyway, I'm making no progress with this decision, simply because whenever I sit down, the TL wins me over again, and again, and again....I think I'm in loove.
Old 05-29-2005, 01:27 AM
Boondocks fanatic.....

Originally Posted by ndx2
is it worth holding on to? if there's no need for that car, i'd sell it and use the money on your TL. after all, by keeping the civic, you are spending money on insurance that you'd otherwise save. B16 motor alone will sell the car quick.... i say sell it.

HA!! Insurance is a joke on the civic. A little over 50 bucks a month. As for the motor alone, you've got a good point. B16's will no doubt get harder to find as the years go on.....
Old 05-29-2005, 01:31 AM
Advanced

I know what you mean .. i sold my 2000 Ex coupe w/ suspension mods and n/a mods to get my 00 TL. Now i miss that crap like hell but I am very happy w/ the TL. I think i might go get a 92 hatch n swap a b16a in it.
Old 05-29-2005, 06:45 AM
Administrator

Received 1,016 Likes on 577 Posts
Since we are no longer able to move threads which should have been posted in other forums, I am closing this thread.

You might want to repost it in Ramblings or Car Talk.