Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I raced a cop car.. well kinda..

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 04:24 PM
Wish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I raced a cop car.. well kinda..

this is in Toronto, ontario, Canada (in the Markham area)

ye so i was driving back from work....going east on denison til i hit a stop sign at old kennedy.... and this pig pulls up beside me outta no where.... i was blasting the music.. thats about it but then as the light was turning green, i can see him rollin so this man clearly was in a rush or something...

i thought.. hmm hey.. y dont i try something funny.. and when it hit green, i accelerated and was a car length ahead of him til i hit about 60 and i just let go of the gas.... he then slows down and is driving behind me so i'm going a lil slower.. now at around 55 cuz its a 50km/h max zone.... and then another red.. i think at kennedy.... same thing.. this time... i hit the gas even more to the point where i can hear my engine roar (vtec).. and this cop was pulllin hard hiimself.... then i stopped with the gas....

he follows me for a while.. then all of a sudden races off and goes into my lane and waits for me to catch up or somethign.. i already have a ticket for doubling the speed limit on a highway... so i just cruised and he turned right....

the pig didnt' have shit on me.. as long as i was going around the speed limit... he can't give me a ticket for accelerating.. well kids... for those who have the ballz.. try it.... i love having fun with the cops....

ohh another note: THIS COP HAD SOME SERIOUS SHIT under his hood... i guess all these cop cars are tuned for power...
Old 02-12-2007, 04:48 PM
WDP Is Faster

ur lucky he didn't follow you until he spotted something very minor in order to pull you over. KInda asking for trouble when ur accelerating like that from a stop and pushing ur luck a lil...especially since you had a previous ticket for speeding.
Old 02-12-2007, 04:49 PM
Wish

hehe ya.. but i mean... technically.. they can't do anything if u accelerate hard rite? .... just wondering...
Old 02-12-2007, 05:01 PM
Advanced

Not bright

You can be charged for Imprudent Driving. I pulled over a RSX-S for accelerating hard up an on-ramp with the only purpose of trying to get infront of me. He knew my TL A-spec and started complementing it. I'm not into writing tickets so I let him go..just wanted him to drive more responsibly.

The new Crown Vics carry a 4.6L V-8. 250hp and 290lb/tq. 1st gear is set for take off and it takes no time at all to get the car up 140km/hr..after that it will top out at approx 220-230km/hr. Not a bad handler for a grandpa car but you would think the suspension was welded solid. When the new Charger becomes standard I don't think too many ppl will test their luck. The Charger Police package tops out at an electronic limit of 155mph and without the limiter close to 170mph.

Yes a TL-s or 2004+ TL can beat an Interceptor but those who underestimate it wil get stung. All I need is a peak at your licence plate and I'll meet you in your driveway and leave with your car.

As I told the RSX owner: Have all the fun you want with your car, I do, jsut be responsible and don't piss in your own back yard.
Old 02-12-2007, 05:33 PM
'06 750Li Sapphire/Creme

Originally Posted by t7n7
hehe ya.. but i mean... technically.. they can't do anything if u accelerate hard rite? .... just wondering...
Technically, they can charge you with reckless driving for simple "hard acceleration". They can also use it as a cause to pull you over "suspicous behavior" (sp?) Needless to say, it sounds like you "got lucky enough" to find a cool cop. But his final efforts were actually probably an attempt to see how far you would take it. I can see the court case now..."bb but judge HE was racing ME". Sounds like you kept your wits about you and backed off before it got bad. BTW - That was STUPID!
Old 02-12-2007, 05:43 PM
W00t

They can also pull you over for peeling tires, so usually during hard acceleration you may peel some tires. Seems like he was an alright cop, but I would never dare mess around with a cop that way.. unless it was at a track haha.
Old 02-12-2007, 05:54 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NS-TL
You can be charged for Imprudent Driving. I pulled over a RSX-S for accelerating hard up an on-ramp with the only purpose of trying to get infront of me. He knew my TL A-spec and started complementing it. I'm not into writing tickets so I let him go..just wanted him to drive more responsibly.

The new Crown Vics carry a 4.6L V-8. 250hp and 290lb/tq. 1st gear is set for take off and it takes no time at all to get the car up 140km/hr..after that it will top out at approx 220-230km/hr. Not a bad handler for a grandpa car but you would think the suspension was welded solid. When the new Charger becomes standard I don't think too many ppl will test their luck. The Charger Police package tops out at an electronic limit of 155mph and without the limiter close to 170mph.

Yes a TL-s or 2004+ TL can beat an Interceptor but those who underestimate it wil get stung. All I need is a peak at your licence plate and I'll meet you in your driveway and leave with your car.

As I told the RSX owner: Have all the fun you want with your car, I do, jsut be responsible and don't piss in your own back yard.
you pulled someone over while driving a TL?!?!

and yeah, dumb idea... I've had friends get pulled over for all sorts of dumb shit like that so when I pull up next to a cop, I don't push the car too hard and I definitely turn the music down... you never know when one of them may be in an antsy mood and try to pull your ass over for something insignificant
Old 02-12-2007, 06:06 PM
Wish

wat the hell.. so we got a cop that spies on this thread now.. great.. so much for the fun... and wats with the u leaving my car thing.. omg... thats scary yo.. thank god ur in nova scotia.. even though i'm sure u got ur buddies here in the toronto... this SUCKS!
Old 02-12-2007, 06:51 PM
Advanced

T7N7...sorry dude I wasn't very clear. I live in a small town but work in a huge area. Ppl here who notice cars know my car and that how he knew my TL. I pulled him over in a marked Interceptor.

I'm sure in the big cities the boys are looking for the street racers but I have more on my plate that that. If I see it goin on of course I will act but otherwise its not a big thing here.

I'm no spy lol but its funny how paranoid ppl can be.

And yes if your caught Driving Imprudent/ reckless Driving/ Flight (aka pursuit) your car will be towed and impounded pending the trial, which around here seems to take forever.

I know no Toronto PD as I'm with the RCMP so I guess your safe lol. Just be safe as I hate picking bodies out of cars and even peices out of ditches. Have you seen and handles a body that has took the brunt of a full side impact? Remember that jello you had for dessert????
Old 02-12-2007, 07:04 PM
Advanced

In Canad you will most likely get pulled over for:
Speeding - usually not a big deal unless your realy being stupid about it (with me anyway)
Expired Registration/Insurance (insurance will net you a +$1000 fine plus your vehicle will be towed and kept until documents are proved up to date and the fine doubles each time your caught)
Vehicle defects: lights, exhaust ect
Fart Can exhaust - I especially hate those useless things. Usualy found on $500 beaters lol
Window Tint - its an officer safety issue is why
*Most cars I pull over are for random checks and following up complaints. Cellphones make it easy for ppl to rat on you and if they can describe the driver and provide a vehicle description, plate and statement then you can be charged.

Instead of looking at me as a spy...still LMFAO on that one...look at me as giving you some tips to enjoy your vehicles without police involvement.

Loud music will make any cop shake his head and wonder why every bystander has to be subject to your racket but not usualy get you a ticket.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:57 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
Thats why I love our one day run what you brung track day school at Thunderhill in Willows California- probably the same as a track near you. Check your local racetrack

A large number of LE Officers happen to enjoy racing and giving instruction at the race track at these schools.
Getting to have one in your car helping you with the line, braking etc, then the opportunity to go car against car against him on a road racing circuit!

Sure , he will smoke you in a real race, but at school he may let you pass him and not chase after you!

AS NS TL said- its about keeping your body from being a remains recovery call.
Drive To Survive
Old 02-12-2007, 09:13 PM
B A N N E D

its good to have nice cops on this forum.....take it as a good thing, obviously if they are on this forum they enjoy their car as much as u do.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:18 AM
'10 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
You should be careful, my friend chirped his tires and got yelled at by a police officer who told him to go home. Just for chirping his tires taking a turn.
Old 02-13-2007, 10:17 AM
The Boss

this is in Toronto, ontario, Canada (in the Markham area)

ye so i was driving back from work....going east on denison til i hit a stop sign at old kennedy.... and this pig pulls up beside me outta no where.... i was blasting the music.. thats about it but then as the light was turning green, i can see him rollin so this man clearly was in a rush or something...

i thought.. hmm hey.. y dont i try something funny.. and when it hit green, i accelerated and was a car length ahead of him til i hit about 60 and i just let go of the gas.... he then slows down and is driving behind me so i'm going a lil slower.. now at around 55 cuz its a 50km/h max zone.... and then another red.. i think at kennedy.... same thing.. this time... i hit the gas even more to the point where i can hear my engine roar (vtec).. and this cop was pulllin hard hiimself.... then i stopped with the gas....

he follows me for a while.. then all of a sudden races off and goes into my lane and waits for me to catch up or somethign.. i already have a ticket for doubling the speed limit on a highway... so i just cruised and he turned right....

the pig didnt' have shit on me.. as long as i was going around the speed limit... he can't give me a ticket for accelerating.. well kids... for those who have the ballz.. try it.... i love having fun with the cops....

ohh another note: THIS COP HAD SOME SERIOUS SHIT under his hood... i guess all these cop cars are tuned for power...
That is retarded..... you were racing a cop........ :wtf:
Old 02-13-2007, 11:19 AM
'99 Acura 3.2TL

regular cop cars are slow.. they're too heavy.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:29 AM
In 702, 808 in Dreams

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
uhh if you knew that was a police officer i would not do anything retarded around them. i know back in hawaii if you drive hard and the officer sees you, even though you are not going above the speed limit you can get a ticket for reckless driving and or invasive of speed or something like that i forgot the correct term. its something like if you are doing a peel out or acts of irresponsible driving like you are doing a 1/4 mile run type of thing. its a pretty big ticket.

so bro i wouldn't do that again man. even though it may seem fun and all but dont play with the officers bro. they will remember you next time and nab you harder.
Old 02-13-2007, 08:42 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
wow, this is one of the dumbest moves i've heard of in a while! consider yourself lucky!
Old 02-13-2007, 10:31 PM
now with four rings

very ballsy move man...i don't mind passing a cop car or something as long as i know i'm not breaking the law...most people freak when they see a cop car and slow down 10mph below the speed limit and brake suddenly...but i've never even thought about 'racing' a cop car...or even trying to hang with one....out of sight, out of mind is one of the best phrases to live by because it's true...

and like others have mentioned, you can be pulled over for excessive acceleration...i was pulled over for that because the cop thought i was racing the car next to me....whom was in the freakin' turn lane! ...bullshit ticket, so she called it excessive acceleration...anyways, be safe and drive smart...
Old 02-13-2007, 11:47 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by rimz
out of sight, out of mind is one of the best phrases to live by because it's true...
haha... that is, until you see it a few miles back coming over the next hill and gaining on you fast as hell while you're going 120+ (He was too slow to pull out his LIDAR and catch me when I initially passed the speed trap)... I actually only got clocked at 83 in a 65 (though when I passed him, I think I was going well over 110mph)... When he pulled me over, I had the most pleasant experience I've had getiing pulled over... hahaha... he was as nice as they come (as far as cops I've met go)

I almost always avoid traffic when driving the way I really enjoy driving my TL (like I srole it! ) and behave myself in normal traffic. I'll say this- except for one impaired driving conviction, speeding is the ONLY traffic law I break
Old 02-14-2007, 10:25 AM
2006 TL

In NYC, you can get a ticket for accelerating too quickly at a light, although most cops here are gone b4 YOU even get the chance. But pass them, and you're gettin a ticket for a "hard start" (peeling of the tires) or an "unsafe start" (high rate of acceleration from a standstill).

One time, last month, I passed a cop in the right lane (30 zone). He was going 40. I wanted to make a right turn @ the next intersection and speed like a demon another route as I was late to a baptism. He pulled me over. NOT EVEN FOR SPEEDING! But for being "disrespectful." He told me that I was doing the right thing by trying to choose another route to avoid being pulled over, but passing him to do so was a sign of disrespect and that I should have waited until he proceeded 1st. I explained I meant no disrespect, and the baptism I was attending was being hosted by my brother, a fellow NYPD Officer. He let me go. He was a nice guy though. Most cops i run into are um... well... not.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:15 PM
now with four rings

Originally Posted by JoeyASPEC
He pulled me over. NOT EVEN FOR SPEEDING! But for being "disrespectful."
hahaha, wtf?? since when did cops earn our respect by putting on a uniform? ...i sell hydraulic seals to cops every now and then when they come into my work...do i automatically have their respect because of what i do for a living? fuck no...maybe i should stop selling to them because of the way they stand...it's disrespectful...

at least you didn't get a ticket for that bullshit...it's things like that which make me think about putting in a hidden audio/video recorder in my car...
Old 02-14-2007, 01:44 PM
Racer

yeah... for some reason cops make it such a HUGE deal about being "disrespectful" and all that crap... and half the time they do that, it's nothing to do with disrespecting the cop... it's all about them either being a prick, having a stick jammed up their asses, or because they're rookies
Old 02-14-2007, 06:35 PM
Wish

well watever... it was fun.. end of that...... yesterday.. i was behind a cop, taking a left turn.. he took it.. but took his damn time accelerating.. so i just went to the right lane and overtook him... it was a 60km/h, i had to go at 70km/h in order to get back to the original lane (in front of the cop) .... then i let go and went around 65km/h .. til i had to take my next left turn into a car wash..... i mean.. if he gave me a ticket.. i would ask y? .. then ask him... "do u follow behind slow cars when u do ur daily commute outside work?"
Old 02-14-2007, 07:46 PM
2006 TL

hahaha, wtf?? since when did cops earn our respect by putting on a uniform? ...i sell hydraulic seals to cops every now and then when they come into my work...do i automatically have their respect because of what i do for a living? fuck no...maybe i should stop selling to them because of the way they stand...it's disrespectful...

at least you didn't get a ticket for that bullshit...it's things like that which make me think about putting in a hidden audio/video recorder in my car...
That's the one thing that's ALWAYS bothered me and always will.. they (90% of them anyway) think they're the shit. I've been lucky in the sense that I've only dealt with the NYPD on few occasions, and even the time I got a ticket the officer was very polite - told me how to get around it and whatnot. In FL, every single cop I had encountered (a lot - not necessarily being pulled over - just whenever I'd see one) was always arrogant and thought they WERE the law. It's b/c of them that I hate driving in FL so much. I'll take NYPD over FDLE AAAAAANY DAY!
Old 02-14-2007, 07:58 PM
Wish

Judge Dread :| nuff said....
Old 02-14-2007, 09:04 PM
Advanced

I always find respect given is respect received. In otherword treat someone the way you expect to be treated.

Obviously I'm the only cop on this thread. When I pull someone over I'm very cordial with the driver until the attitude starts then the polite conversation is over and its straight business. Remember you CAN talk yourself into a ticket. What I mean by that is the officer may be thinking of just letting you off with a written or verbal warning but then the driver starts flappin his jaws and ends up driving away with a ticket. I find its most of the 25 and younger crowd that just can't help but throw attitude my way. Why??....seems to try and impress a passenger or keep up their Eminem wannabe image.

Police may come accross stiff when they come to your vehicle as it is the most dangerous position for them to be in. More officers are killed at traffic stops than any other part of our duty. There are 1 ton bullets coming at us that our vests do not stop so yes some of us are on edge at traffic stops. Put yourself in his/her shoes as well. That officer may have just finished dealing with a domestic assault, shooting or some punk kid trying to press his nerves. They deal with ALOT in the run of a shift that 99% of the population never encounter in their lives.

All I'm saying is just be cool with the officer at a stop, answer the questions being asked, have your paperwork ready and for godaskes pull over and pleading innocense doesn't help. If ya fucked up admit it, it will help most likely.

Tinted windows are a cops worst nightmare as they can't see you or inside your car so this isn't going to help your wanted politeness.

I work in Canada so I'm not familiar with most of your state forces and how they conduct themselves, things seems to be handled different in some ways down south. But if you travel to my neck of the woods and get pulled over, just be nice and if its me all you'll get is 10min of wasted time having a polite conversation with a cop.

Cheers, speed safely and DON"T TRY TO RACE OR PROVOKE COPS if you don't stop for us we'll just query you plate and meet you at your house.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:17 PM
Racer

I miss nice cops like NS-TL... I've had run-ins with some of the rare few (the cop who pulled me over in Ohio is DEFINITELY the nicest one anyone could possibly meet, especially considering what happened), but there are SO many that have all sorts of issues (outside caution/fear) and are the ones who make all of us hate cops sometimes
Old 02-14-2007, 09:38 PM
The Boss

I always find respect given is respect received. In otherword treat someone the way you expect to be treated.

Obviously I'm the only cop on this thread. When I pull someone over I'm very cordial with the driver until the attitude starts then the polite conversation is over and its straight business. Remember you CAN talk yourself into a ticket. What I mean by that is the officer may be thinking of just letting you off with a written or verbal warning but then the driver starts flappin his jaws and ends up driving away with a ticket. I find its most of the 25 and younger crowd that just can't help but throw attitude my way. Why??....seems to try and impress a passenger or keep up their Eminem wannabe image.

Police may come accross stiff when they come to your vehicle as it is the most dangerous position for them to be in. More officers are killed at traffic stops than any other part of our duty. There are 1 ton bullets coming at us that our vests do not stop so yes some of us are on edge at traffic stops. Put yourself in his/her shoes as well. That officer may have just finished dealing with a domestic assault, shooting or some punk kid trying to press his nerves. They deal with ALOT in the run of a shift that 99% of the population never encounter in their lives.

All I'm saying is just be cool with the officer at a stop, answer the questions being asked, have your paperwork ready and for godaskes pull over and pleading innocense doesn't help. If ya fucked up admit it, it will help most likely.

Tinted windows are a cops worst nightmare as they can't see you or inside your car so this isn't going to help your wanted politeness.

I work in Canada so I'm not familiar with most of your state forces and how they conduct themselves, things seems to be handled different in some ways down south. But if you travel to my neck of the woods and get pulled over, just be nice and if its me all you'll get is 10min of wasted time having a polite conversation with a cop.

Cheers, speed safely and DON"T TRY TO RACE OR PROVOKE COPS if you don't stop for us we'll just query you plate and meet you at your house.
Forum 101 copper.......

when writing on the forum, remember to use CLIFF NOTES
Old 02-14-2007, 09:54 PM
Advanced

If you don't like the length of my reply then why do you bother copying it into your own???
Old 02-14-2007, 11:12 PM
now with four rings

anytime i've ever been pulled over it's always 'yes ma'am/sir, no ma'am/sir'...have never cocked an attitude (or tried to pose some image) with an officer...and i always put my window down with both hands on the wheel right after pulling over....yes, i've been through this a few times...i've got the routine down...

one bullshit scenario i had with a cop...i was driving home one night, coasting down this winding hill close to my house...of course there just happened to be a cop sitting at the bottom of the hill...speed limit is 40mph and because i was coasting, i peaked out somewhere between 45 and 48mph when i reached the bottom of it...sure enough, she pulls me over 1/4 mile down the road...i pull into the gas station where another cop car is already parked (getting coffee or something)...the woman that pulled me over comes up to me, asks for the usual documents...now i can't find my insurance....i look all through my glove compartment and can't find it...about 10 minutes go by and she says to bring it down to the police station by midnight and she won't give me a ticket...well then the cop who was already at the gas station comes up and starts shooting the shit with me...he's cool as hell and says she (the cop that pulled me over) has had a rough night....i'm still looking for my insurance and another 10 minutes go by...by now the woman and guy cop are talking to each other and i find my damn insurance (was hidden in my glove compartment)...she takes down the info and writes my ass a ticket!! wtf?? she just said no ticket if i find my insurance....i found it and she writes me up!

short version: got pulled over for coasting down a hill; no ticket if i find my insurance by midnight; find insurance 20 minutes later and get a ticket...

i'm sure most of you (cops) are cool as hell...but the ones who think they're billy badass and have seen one too many clint eastwood movies give you all a bad rap...judging by your attitude NS-TL, we could use more of your kind down here...
Old 02-14-2007, 11:27 PM
Racer

well watever... it was fun.. end of that...... yesterday.. i was behind a cop, taking a left turn.. he took it.. but took his damn time accelerating.. so i just went to the right lane and overtook him... it was a 60km/h, i had to go at 70km/h in order to get back to the original lane (in front of the cop) .... then i let go and went around 65km/h .. til i had to take my next left turn into a car wash..... i mean.. if he gave me a ticket.. i would ask y? .. then ask him... "do u follow behind slow cars when u do ur daily commute outside work?"
Dude, you are an idiot! hmm, race a Police car, pass a Police car and then speed in front of him. Whats your next brilliant move....maybe you can pull up next to a cop and and ask him for a lighter so you can smoke your Bong! My desk lamp has more common sense!
Old 02-14-2007, 11:41 PM
The Boss

If you don't like the length of my reply then why do you bother copying it into your own???

it's called a QUOTE button on the bottom right ........................
Old 02-14-2007, 11:44 PM
The Boss

most cops are dicks, there are some that are nice.... but I don't give 2 shits about 99% of them.

Old 02-15-2007, 10:57 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by BoostedJack
most cops are dicks, there are some that are nice.... but I don't give 2 shits about 99% of them.

And your attitude is why most of us wish we could write asshole tickets under the SCA (Stuned C*@ts Act).
Old 02-15-2007, 11:14 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeyASPEC
That's the one thing that's ALWAYS bothered me and always will.. they (90% of them anyway) think they're the shit. I've been lucky in the sense that I've only dealt with the NYPD on few occasions, and even the time I got a ticket the officer was very polite - told me how to get around it and whatnot. In FL, every single cop I had encountered (a lot - not necessarily being pulled over - just whenever I'd see one) was always arrogant and thought they WERE the law. It's b/c of them that I hate driving in FL so much. I'll take NYPD over FDLE AAAAAANY DAY!
I hear ya man...no doubt. Crap...just look at the cop that posted in this thread already....pulled a guy over....them tells him that stuff. WTF. And can you tell he is overimpressed with himself...."he knew my A-Spec...." I have NEVER met a police officer that I liked (no offence)...and thats honest. Most ALL of em are "do as I say not as I do" type of people. And most of em feel as if their squad car gives them the right to openly ignore ANY AND ALL LAWS that they are out there representing. One guy got a local cop here north of Indy on a camcorder driving like 95 off duty on the way home.....hit the news back then...was a BIG deal at the time....what happened....not what would have happened to you or I...trust me. He was put on desk job for a month or something like that....basically....nothing. Now you or I....we would have lost our driving privs...right? But in his case...since he is a cop.....its ok I guess. Thats business as usual from my standpoint as far as police go....do as I say...not as I do...cause I am not bound by any rules that cant be bent or broken. I would say dont get me started....but it appears I already have....

Poop > Most Cops
Old 02-15-2007, 11:25 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Gee...glad I live in America...geez. Doesnt sound like folks have a lot of rights in your neck of the woods. I wish all cops gave the respect they were given from the get go...but fact is...not happening. Its like prejudice....its there...and all cops have it...just like all people....but in cops cases...usually its a prejudice against the citizens that provide them the tax dollars for the annual budgets they are paid from. Absolutely NO mutual respect whatsoever usually.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:31 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

anytime i've ever been pulled over it's always 'yes ma'am/sir, no ma'am/sir'...have never cocked an attitude (or tried to pose some image) with an officer...and i always put my window down with both hands on the wheel right after pulling over....yes, i've been through this a few times...i've got the routine down...

one bullshit scenario i had with a cop...i was driving home one night, coasting down this winding hill close to my house...of course there just happened to be a cop sitting at the bottom of the hill...speed limit is 40mph and because i was coasting, i peaked out somewhere between 45 and 48mph when i reached the bottom of it...sure enough, she pulls me over 1/4 mile down the road...i pull into the gas station where another cop car is already parked (getting coffee or something)...the woman that pulled me over comes up to me, asks for the usual documents...now i can't find my insurance....i look all through my glove compartment and can't find it...about 10 minutes go by and she says to bring it down to the police station by midnight and she won't give me a ticket...well then the cop who was already at the gas station comes up and starts shooting the shit with me...he's cool as hell and says she (the cop that pulled me over) has had a rough night....i'm still looking for my insurance and another 10 minutes go by...by now the woman and guy cop are talking to each other and i find my damn insurance (was hidden in my glove compartment)...she takes down the info and writes my ass a ticket!! wtf?? she just said no ticket if i find my insurance....i found it and she writes me up!

short version: got pulled over for coasting down a hill; no ticket if i find my insurance by midnight; find insurance 20 minutes later and get a ticket...

i'm sure most of you (cops) are cool as hell...but the ones who think they're billy badass and have seen one too many clint eastwood movies give you all a bad rap...judging by your attitude NS-TL, we could use more of your kind down here...
You know...its your story here that brings to my mind that EVERYBODY has a story or two like this...no doubt! In my opinion....if cops were better at policing themselves through internal peer pressure and less hiding behind the police code or blue code...or whatever they call it where they all turn their back if another cop is acting up and dont report it or act on it....they would be WAY better off. But fact is....they get away with just about anything they want most of the time. This...in my opinion...is whats wrong with the police system. Too much room for abuse....it becomes so common-place that it isnt even viewed as such half the time.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:36 AM
Advanced

Damn no love at all. Hey we have all gotten tickets for stupid shit...so have I. But some people do realy stupid shit..the basis of this thread...and then wonder why they got lights comin behind them, use common sence and you'll be ok. Yes there are asshole cops out there but there are asshole doctors, mechanics, lawyers ect. If you don't want unwanted police attention then stop asking for it.

Yup buddy who I pulled over knew my car...did it get him out of a ticket??? no as he wasn't getting one anyway. I just wanted him to drive more responsibly. I know all the tuners around here and they know me for the most part. Some I have given tickets but most are good ppl and I just chat with them and ask that they keep the play to the track.

The roads are shit around here and alot of the kids just can't seem to get it in their head that their cars can't handle 100km/hr in a 50km/hr zone with the snow we have all had in the east coast areas. I hate going to fatals. Some would say who cars as it is their own right to put their life in that danger. well if you want to do it then do it were I don't have to respond, investigate, clean your torn ass up and then tell your family that you killed your self by being stupid.

Mr. Benz you say you hate nearly all cops. Well I'm sorry that your experiences with us have put you in that mind set. Mind you alot of us have had experiences that have us hating the general public, mind you I not a fan of working a shift with those guys.

I feel bad for all your hate guys, hopefuly your next experience is better. Come the Nova Scotia and have a Mountie buy you a coffee and Benz I'd like to check out your ride in person. Cheers all.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:41 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

And your attitude is why most of us wish we could write asshole tickets under the SCA (Stuned C*@ts Act).
I know you are on a public board and all....but this kind of proves my point. Be the bigger guy....I thought cops were supposed to be able to take it....but it appears to me that the truth is peeking out behind the text somewhere. Basically what you have said is....if I pull you over....you better act like I want you to act....and if you do....you are likely to just have a 10 minute conversation with a nice cop? In that vein...I will take the ticket. You are not making me act like anything my friend - I am not your personal side show here....thats NOT your job NOR your right. Your job is to Police...not control my every move and behavior dude. Basically what you have said is that if they put on a side show act for you and act as YOU deem appropriate....that you are willing more times than not to let em off. You know what guy...thats not policing....thats using people for your own entertainment to some degree....and not much better than taking an ant and putting him under a magnifier in the sun and if he moves the way you like....you let him go. Thats whacked...EVERYBODY SHOULD BE TREATED EQUALLY REGARDLESS. Sound familiar at all?
Old 02-15-2007, 11:46 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Damn no love at all. Hey we have all gotten tickets for stupid shit...so have I. But some people do realy stupid shit..the basis of this thread...and then wonder why they got lights comin behind them, use common sence and you'll be ok. Yes there are asshole cops out there but there are asshole doctors, mechanics, lawyers ect. If you don't want unwanted police attention then stop asking for it.

Yup buddy who I pulled over knew my car...did it get him out of a ticket??? no as he wasn't getting one anyway. I just wanted him to drive more responsibly. I know all the tuners around here and they know me for the most part. Some I have given tickets but most are good ppl and I just chat with them and ask that they keep the play to the track.

The roads are shit around here and alot of the kids just can't seem to get it in their head that their cars can't handle 100km/hr in a 50km/hr zone with the snow we have all had in the east coast areas. I hate going to fatals. Some would say who cars as it is their own right to put their life in that danger. well if you want to do it then do it were I don't have to respond, investigate, clean your torn ass up and then tell your family that you killed your self by being stupid.

Mr. Benz you say you hate nearly all cops. Well I'm sorry that your experiences with us have put you in that mind set. Mind you alot of us have had experiences that have us hating the general public, mind you I not a fan of working a shift with those guys.

I feel bad for all your hate guys, hopefuly your next experience is better. Come the Nova Scotia and have a Mountie buy you a coffee and Benz I'd like to check out your ride in person. Cheers all.
And I am sorry for standing on the soap box there for a few posts...my fault man! I am just ticked as most of the police I run into are VERY unprofessional to put it mildly. Nothing against you personally at all....just me ranting I guess....lol. And fact is...it doesnt take but one or two jerks (either way for that point) to cause that prejudice to form....and it then becomes very hard to understand and seperate the few from the mass.

And hey...no prob...if you are ever in Indy....give me a shout!

Quick Reply: I raced a cop car.. well kinda..