3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need to pay the money for dealer's mistake!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 08:03 PM
CSI
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry I need to pay the money for dealer's mistake!

Here is the story:
My car is a lease, I went to foreign country last month and didn't come back in time, so my lease PMT for July was late (I cannot deposit the money in foreign country). I know that was my responsibility and mistake, so I went to the dealer to pay for the money and the penalty for the bank immediately when I came back.

It was on Sunday, there was a lady in the finance office told me the lease office was closed, and she could take the money for me and gave it to the lease manager on Monday. so I paid the money, and asked: Do I need to call them to confirm if they got the money? She said: No, u don't need to, I will let they know, and if they don't get the money they will call u.

ok, fine, so, I trusted my dealer and didn't call, and 2 days ago, (already in the middle of August) I got a message in my voicemail box from my dealer's lease office said: they didn't get the lease PMT for August and July, I was like WTF?! So I checked my account, and it showed they charged me the PMT for July again on August 8, and because of that, the cheque for August didn't go through either(they charged me 2 monthes money at the same time but I just put only August's pmt in that account), so the bank charged me 40 dollars for the penalty (2 cheques didn't go through).

I was wondering whos gonna pay for the 40 dollars penalty? I called them and
they said it was my responsibility, I should call them right after I made the PMT for July.
I explained to them "the lady told me that I didn't need to call, and she said she would give the money to you and let you know". ok they started to argue with me that was different departments, she(the lady who charged my money) cannot take the money and she didn't know that, you should know! I was like HUH?! The customers should know the company better than their employees? Ok, My call was transfered to another lease manager, he asked me to see this problem in another way:
If I paid the PMT for July in time, nothing will happen. I said yeh, that was my mistake, I didn't pay in time for July, but I have fixed it before August, that is not an excuse for asking me to pay more for your mistake. NOW the manager started to tell me that hes busy right now, cannot talk to me about this now... wutever...

The 40 dollars is not important for me, but why do I need to pay extra money for dealer's mistake? If the lady cannot take the money at that time why she told me she can? If I need to call after I paid the money, why she insist that i don't need to call? what should I do?

I m so pissed, forgive me for any gramma mistakes, thank you for ur opinions.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:28 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,183 Likes on 1,211 Posts
csi- sorry to hear about that problem. your probably going to get a better response in the Ramblings section. good luck.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:38 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,771 Likes on 4,342 Posts
Sorry to hear about your problems. Sounds like your lease is arranged differently than mine. I'd NEVER give my payment to the dealer. I pay American Honda Finance Corp.

I've only got two words of advice for you:

"Electronic Banking"
Old 08-22-2007, 02:12 AM
WDP TL

Take it to your bank. Talk to customer service, they might drop the fee.

Got me from paying the overcharge fee like 4 times.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:24 AM
CSI
Instructor

Originally Posted by i am i2
Take it to your bank. Talk to customer service, they might drop the fee.

Got me from paying the overcharge fee like 4 times.
really? I think the bank will say: that is nothing to do with us...

and Thanks for all ur advice for now~
Old 08-22-2007, 03:27 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by CSI
really? I think the bank will say: that is nothing to do with us...

and Thanks for all ur advice for now~

Seriously - Call the bank. It sounds as though there was an unauthorized deduction from your account. That right there would be enough for my bank to reverse the overdraft charge.

Additionally, one of my banks has 1-2 freebies a year. If something happens, I call them and tell them "oops" and the fee disappears. I haven't had to do it yet, but its nice to know its there.

Caleb

Additional note = Making payments to the dealer = odd.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:19 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Ps. Get overdraft protection
Old 08-22-2007, 09:17 AM
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dude I had so many problems in the beginning of my lease that they were actually taking money from the account for 8months and saying they didnt receive a payment!!! I called acura everyday for a week until someone competent enough picked up and corrected it on the spot they even screwed up my credit...... soooo I threatened to sue them for screwing up my credit and not calling me on the problem they were having..... I said to them your basically stealing my money and claiming you dont have it when it shows in my banks records honda took it! after a month or so of BSing with the morons on the phone..... they refunded me a month of payments for all the F**k ups and corrected the credit score with all the credit institutes. I feel you pain man and I say fight the pricks til they give in....customers ALWAYS right. =)
Old 08-22-2007, 09:32 AM
Instructor

I agree with Trinbeats. Sadly when you catch them in the act of screwing up they dont like to fess up to it. Its going to be a pain in the butt. Even tho its a matter of $40 bucks I would rather spend the time to correct the problem. Who knows this could happen again down the road if you dont fix this now. And if you cant fix the problem just make a BBB complaint and that should also help you out.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:37 AM
Safety Car

yup bob ur right
Old 08-22-2007, 02:19 PM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
wow to think I never had a prob with them at all, they even moved my due date later in the month (before it was the 6th) I asked to move it towards mid month (now it is the 16th) had no problem with HFS whatsoever
Old 08-22-2007, 02:50 PM
Safety Car

They dont have a problem doing specific things but certain things are like pulling teeth especially with some of the people working there.....its like cops pulling people over if they didnt get laid the day or night b4... ur getting a ticket.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:29 PM
Engineer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
don't they withdrawn your payment automatically from your bank every month?
this way you won't have to worry about paying them when you're out of the country....
Old 08-22-2007, 06:38 PM
Acuras Only in

Originally Posted by Bearcat94
Sorry to hear about your problems. Sounds like your lease is arranged differently than mine. I'd NEVER give my payment to the dealer. I pay American Honda Finance Corp.

I've only got two words of advice for you:

"Electronic Banking"
+1 here ! Whenever I am on long vacation or travel overseas, I just call my credit cards' toll-free numbers and pay them online as these are the big items that might result in some hefty late fees. This way you can have a peace of mind and saves yourself hassle in the long run.