Was I mislead?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2003 | 12:25 PM
Racer

Was I mislead?

I went to the Dealer and talked about different options that I wanted. The one that I wanted specifically was the manual tranny. He, as well as every other dealer in MA, said that Acura wasn't starting production until mid November. So mine will be built this coming monday.

I guess I'm just jealous of all you guys who already have their 6 speeds.

I'm at the point where I want to go to a dealer just to test drive one, even though I already bought one.

Hopefully I'll have something by Thanksgiving to be thankful for ! haha!

Chad
Old 11-06-2003 | 12:35 PM
Instructor

I am not absolutely sure, but I think I saw 04TL with manual at Sunnyside Acura in Nashua, NH this Tuesday, November 4th. By the way, it's a good dealership - I never had any problems with them. It may worth driving additional 25 - 30 miles.
Old 11-06-2003 | 12:54 PM
2nd Gear

I agree about Sunnyside. I don't live in that area anymore, but I bought a couple cars there when I did. It was probably the best dealer experience I've had...
Old 11-06-2003 | 03:55 PM
Racer

Re: Was I mislead?

Originally posted by SLVR04TL6PD
I went to the Dealer and talked about different options that I wanted. The one that I wanted specifically was the manual tranny. He, as well as every other dealer in MA, said that Acura wasn't starting production until mid November. So mine will be built this coming monday.

I guess I'm just jealous of all you guys who already have their 6 speeds.

I'm at the point where I want to go to a dealer just to test drive one, even though I already bought one.

Hopefully I'll have something by Thanksgiving to be thankful for ! haha!

Chad
Good luck getting that 6MT before Thanksgiving... I put my deposit on a 6MT in August and my car is not going to be built till November 23. You better drill your dealer and make sure hes telling you the truth about getting you a delivery so quick :wow:
Old 11-06-2003 | 03:55 PM
Three Wheelin'

Can't be right. Just came from my dealer in Lakeland and saw a 6 spd Black/parchment on his lot. Date is Thursday, Nov. 6.
Old 11-06-2003 | 03:59 PM
Racer

Originally posted by Oswald Vater
Can't be right. Just came from my dealer in Lakeland and saw a 6 spd Black/parchment on his lot. Date is Thursday, Nov. 6.
"on the lot" for sale? sold? dealers car? or a demo?
Old 11-06-2003 | 09:00 PM
Racer

Trust me, I'm going to call the dealer first thing Monday morning. Maybe I might wait until lunchtime, but no later. I put down a deposit on Oct. 22 and he told me then that the build date was 11/10. It would be built out in Ohio and I should get it within the month.

I just got back from the 2004 Auto Show Held in Boston. I was a little disappointed to find that there weren't any 6 speed TLs. Sitting in the automatic TL, I kind of felt like a little kid opening a Christmans present early, only to have to put it back under the tree. My dad came along and was very impressed. He never knew Acuras were so nice on the inside. The smile on his face was very reassuring in that I made a wise purchase.

I let you guys know what the dealer says on Monday...

Chad
Old 11-06-2003 | 09:55 PM
Instructor

Acura of Dayton (about 70 mi from the Marysville plant) last night had one available and one sold (and 9 available 5ATs). The dealer I spoke with said it's easier for them to order/replenish 6MTs since they're that close, but I couldn't tell if that was dealer talk or actually true. But it is true I could have walked out of there with one last night, having never placed a prior order or deposit. So it seems like there's at least a few more to be had now as compared to a couple weeks ago...
Old 11-06-2003 | 10:13 PM
Instructor

EDIT: Duplicate.
Old 11-06-2003 | 10:32 PM
Advanced

I did not see any 6 Speed when I bought mine here in South Florida (10-27). There is going to be an AutoShow in Miami Beach, maybe I can see one....

2004 TL, Nighthawk Black Pearl NoNav, 5AT