Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I Love My Car

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2004, 02:17 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Love My Car

I've been reading this site for a LONG time. I finally got my car after waiting 2 1/2 months for a Anth/Qutz NAVI. OH my! I had to travel from Washington DC to Southern NJ (ok Philly) to pick it up. The car is just a dream. I have absolutely no complaints. At the gas station, someone told me not to park it outside because it is the type of car that would disappear. I laughed while noting his tags and description (smile). Anyway, I just want to say that the XM stat radio is quickly becoming indespecible. The Navigation is a dream. I used it on a date I planned in Philly while picking up my car (always multitasking . I used it to get back to my friends house in PA. I used the NAVI to get home, find a reasturant phone number, find the quickest way to 1223 (club in DC last night) and find a post office on my way home to drop off a fed ex package. All in all this car rocks. The car is incredibly complicated. I haven't gotten used to the voice commands yet. The tires suck, but I'm getting them swapped for Mich Pilots this weekend so I really don't care. I have no vibration or memory seat issues. When I'm walking toward the car I feel like I'm in love again (miss my C70..but that was a love hate relationship). I can't say enough about this car. The only thing that sucks is the gas mileage (20MPG). Also, 1 mustang already tried to race me and 3 BMW's. I could not go, but after 1k watch out. I had to get back to DC in 2 hours so I drove 90 all the way back and the car did not miss a beat. I hate the turn radius...but I knew that before getting the car. I LOVE THIS CAR! I hope I have this newlywed feeling for a long time. I just want to shout how much this car wows me. I've let 5 people ride with me in the car and all are sooo impressed. Acura has hit a homerun in my opinion...BUT I just saw the new RL....and all I have to say is DAMN...maybe I should have waited...but then again I'm to young for a RL...ha....I love my car.
Old 04-10-2004, 03:16 AM
Instructor

I have 1500 mi on mine and the MPG seems to be getting better. I was out of town and the wife drove it all week. I filled up this morning and she got 24 mpg. Not sure if it was her "easy" driving or the engine breaking in.

I agree, it is a great car.

04 Anthracite/Ebony/NAV
Blue courtesy lights
Old 04-10-2004, 03:30 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Smile

Congratulations, guys.

RL is good, but you won't know what the product RL would look like and what final features it would have. Besides, it's probably $10k more. If 05RL is as perfect as you can ever imagine, you can always trade in this 04TL anytime to upgrade.

Just enjoy your car.

:facelick:
Old 04-10-2004, 06:19 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
Congratulations, I hope you continue to enjoy your cars. The new RL is nice, but it'll be nice when some of what it has (AWD) filters down to the TL.
Old 04-10-2004, 07:30 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by rets
Congratulations, guys.

RL is good, but you won't know what the product RL would look like and what final features it would have. Besides, it's probably $10k more. If 05RL is as perfect as you can ever imagine, you can always trade in this 04TL anytime to upgrade.

Just enjoy your car.

:facelick:
Acutally go to the acura website. There are a lot of pics of the new RL there. It is on the first page under let the new RL unfold or something like that. That car is really amazing. Thanks for everyone's encouragement. I would like all wheel drive, but honestly I never had it or rear wheel ( I have driven both)....so I really can't say I miss it. Oh yeah XM is amazing....I had no idea that there was a tree hugger libral station on XM.....this car is alsome. I love CNBC and MSNBC radio stations. I think I'll go for a long drive today . Also I believe that NAVI is definetly the way to go. No longer having to call 411 or web surfing on phone while in the car is worth the price.
Old 04-10-2004, 08:34 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats and enjoy your car! It's so refreshing to read your post after all the idiots saying they won't buy a TL because of this forum.

And thanks for the tip about the new RL at the Acura website. I'm going to check that out now. Rets - the new RL might end up being closer to $15k more than the TL, don't you think?
Old 04-10-2004, 08:37 AM
Instructor

I was told by my dealer to expect a $50,000 sticker.
Old 04-10-2004, 07:45 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by mdplaya
Acutally go to the acura website. There are a lot of pics of the new RL there. It is on the first page under let the new RL unfold or something like that. That car is really amazing. Thanks for everyone's encouragement. I would like all wheel drive, but honestly I never had it or rear wheel ( I have driven both)....so I really can't say I miss it. Oh yeah XM is amazing....I had no idea that there was a tree hugger libral station on XM.....this car is alsome. I love CNBC and MSNBC radio stations. I think I'll go for a long drive today . Also I believe that NAVI is definetly the way to go. No longer having to call 411 or web surfing on phone while in the car is worth the price.

Thanks, I've reviewed its site since Day 1, and just wonder if this prototype RL would be carrying over... Good and bad... let's see.
Old 04-10-2004, 08:07 PM
TL-SHAWD 6MT Rocks!

great! you got your TL, it's a nice feeling...

I got mine in Oct 2003 and 11500 miles later, I'm still in love... it last for a long time!

enjoy and be careful, the TL is very fast.
and mileage will get a lot better after you change your first oil...
on my 6MT I'm already getting 30-33 mpg on the highway.
Old 04-10-2004, 08:47 PM
Zaino under fingernails

I fall in love all over again with my SSM TL each time I wash it and raise the gloss back up with Zaino gloss enhancer spray.

I'm at 2,200 miles and it's been very fun so far. Took my better half out last night on our first date night since I bought it, and she loved the Diana Krall DVD-A that we listened to.

Old 04-10-2004, 09:15 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by BrandHdriver
I'm at 2,200 miles and it's been very fun so far. Took my better half out last night on our first date night since I bought it.
You need either to drive less or date more.
Old 04-10-2004, 09:21 PM
Team SSM

I love my car too..

man I couldnt wait one week I cant imagine 2 months and a half
Old 04-11-2004, 05:56 AM
Intermediate

Thanks! I think good or bad this forum is a great place to talk about your car. I don't believe a new car should be at the dealership every month, but I know that with every new technology...there will be problems (that is why we are called "early adapters"; we are the idiots who work out the bugs so that others will enjoy the "new" and "improved" product stress free). I've read about many problems on this forum, but I've also gotten the idea that people really like their car (what wax should I use, when to stop breaking in, which dvd-a do you listen to, kills...etc). That is what your purchase is about in the end. I could care less how people think my car looks; whether is is front/rear wheel drive; how presteges the car company is. I came close to getting a Mazda 6 (but it had no NAVI) and I could easily afford a BMW M3 (too much, though alsome car...stop flamming me ) With any product, especially one that is mechanical AND electrical, you are going to get some problems. There are few rattle and bug free cars these days (I could also feel this way because my C70 became a electrical nightmare/lemon right after the warrenty expired). In the end go with your heart and use logic to make your choice. This board has helped people get new tires, solve electrical problems with mem seats and EDUCATE the consumer about their new product. If a problem occurs, I bet it will take less time for me to get the problem resolved than the first 2 people who had the problem. If anyone has been reading this board and is on the fence, take in all the facts and make a educated unbious decision.....for me that was to get the car. Oh Yeah I LOVE MY CAR (already at 600 miles ) Oh yeah, can't wait for gas milage to improve. The cheapest gas in my area is close to school in Bmore and that is 1.89 a gallon. I'm afraid to fill up in No. Va.
Old 04-11-2004, 07:12 AM
Drifting

I also love my new TL. It's the nicest car I've ever owned, and one of the nicest I've ever driven. Sure, there are better built cars out there, but for a lot more money. I think the new TL is the best value out there, and will hold it's own with cars costing much more money. I haven't had any rattle issues yet, but with any car, and our louzy roads in the NE USA, it's bound to happen eventually with any car. Just enjoy your car, and be happy you got so much for the money you spent. I plan to listen closely for rattles, and keep up on any that develop by fixing them myself, or returning the car to the dealer as they happen. It's no big deal if you keep after them. I know I'll get flamed by people saying that a $35,000 car shouldn't have rattles, and they drive me crazy too, but unless you live in an area with perfect roads...and there aren't many in my area, any car is going to develop rattles as time goes by.
Old 04-11-2004, 12:04 PM
Instructor

I have found in my 30+ years of owning cars and being anal that alot of the rattles and
noise comes from all the junk we put in them. Like the compartment for holding sunglasses is not lined with felt or anything so the glasses rattle around in there. Loose change, and other crap that finds their way into a car and make noise.
When I get ready to sell a car I usually detail it and remove all the stuff that's
migrated in there. I drive it and it's about 80% quieter. I always wonder then why
I'm selling this car and have a brief moment of wanting to keep it.
Craig