3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I have a New Mod Idea....Again!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2004, 02:16 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I will keep everybody up to date as we go along and the final product will be chosen by all of you. Just so you all know I will be a Vendor on this site as of Dec 1st.

Also The estimated release on the proto types are 2nd Week in Dec or sooner. "Still Need volunteers for a 2005 RL and TSX" Once we choose the finished product The order will be confirmed and I will have them No Later then the 1st Week in Feb 2005, I dont want to give you guys a date we cant come through on. This is if all runs smooth with no problems.

Thanks everybody for the help, I think we are going to have a great finished product.
Old 11-05-2004, 02:20 AM
Three Wheelin'

Nox 3.2 thanks for the input

I was refering to the color of the bulbs

These are made with EL technology like you show in your post its the only way to get a perfect fit Its some pretty unique stuff.
Old 11-05-2004, 02:31 AM
nothing but acura

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
did you say you needed TSX volunteers? my birthday is the first week in feb. sounds like an awesome present if they produced a kit for the TSX doorsills around that time. Count me in. Also, with the size difference of the two door sills, (front vs. back doors) Acura TL could be on the front and just Acura on the back. they don't all have to have the same thing writen on them. that might be the GT engineer in me trying to do too much tho. lets keep this post alive and well.
Old 11-05-2004, 07:42 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great idea, i was gonna do this with the MB ML. For our TL is the door sills gonna look just like the factory ones but w/ lighting on the letters? and I think the fronts should say "A C U R A" then the rears "TL" that way if you open both doors you can read it as acura tl = P

If not possible front: "A C U R A TL"
back: "A C U R A"

And thanks a lot to supercomputers for making this happening.
Old 11-05-2004, 10:47 AM
Racer

wow this will look awsome! when i get my TL (who knows when my wife will let me ) i will definitely be getting this
Old 11-05-2004, 10:49 AM
Team Anthracite Member

I love this: "who knows when my wife will let me"... who's paying for the car?
Old 11-05-2004, 11:12 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by zax123
I love this: "who knows when my wife will let me"... who's paying for the car?

dude, look at the ""
Old 11-05-2004, 01:34 PM
Slacker

Wow, this is gonna be great, maybe a poll with different choices of What is to be spelled out would be a good idea to get what the majority feel looks best
Acura TL (front)
Acura (back)
is my preference
Old 11-05-2004, 08:08 PM
SHIFT_over.so.I.can.see

Supercomputers: PM me or call me ASAP. You know what this is concerning.
Old 11-05-2004, 11:44 PM
Three Wheelin'

Ok Guys the plates are started,

Were doing two diffrent versions

ACURA like it looks stock now

and Acura-TL

I will have the plates within 2 weeks. I will post pics and we will do an online Poll. Winner will be what we go with, The response has been great thanks

PS we have people for the TSX I am still looking for my First 2005 RL to be used for the proto type.
Old 11-06-2004, 12:01 PM
Instructor

You guys gonna make the LED companies rich!!
Old 11-06-2004, 02:49 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts
I'M IN........... are you in?
Old 11-06-2004, 05:35 PM
Racer

Wow, EL Strips are suprisingly not that expensive! Its only $12+ for a 1
x 12" piece. Thats about 24 for a whole door if we could fix something up w/ it.
Old 11-06-2004, 06:08 PM
Team Anthracite Member

I vote for just ACURA on all 4 sills. BTW, great idea, I'm in.
Old 11-06-2004, 08:25 PM
Banned

would this by any chance fit the 2nd gen tl?
Old 11-06-2004, 08:28 PM
Three Wheelin'

Sorry 2nd Generation only has plastic We already looked at it.
Old 11-06-2004, 08:38 PM
Three Wheelin'

Edit by moderator Ron A: Deleted post-advertising not allowed.
Old 11-06-2004, 08:47 PM
Three Wheelin'

ALSO

Right now this is all in the pre-production phase, There is nothing for sale and I am not taking any orders. Once we have a product and I am a certified Vendor on this Website with a completed product We will then have a group Buy, I am just trying to follow the website rules, and speculate the demand. I am very happy that the moderators have helped with inforamtion on how to become an offical vendor. I am also happy that everybody is taking part in the creation of this whole thing.
Old 11-07-2004, 12:15 PM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,667 Likes on 2,498 Posts
I am in once the ones for the TSX are made
Old 11-07-2004, 01:55 PM
04 TL 6MT NAVI ABP/Q

Originally Posted by cTLgo
no worky
Sorry, look under "FLOOR MAT" on the last drop down.

EDIT: DOH, NSXNext beat me to it. Oh well, at least cTLgo got the info.
Old 11-07-2004, 02:59 PM
Advanced

Count me in, I can't wait!! I also vote for just Acura.
Old 11-07-2004, 09:45 PM
SHIFT_over.so.I.can.see

WARNING: Supercomputers (DAVE) is a HUGE flake!

I had made an agreement with him to sell him my laptop over a week and a half ago (october 26th)
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99062

and he has still not made payment nor even had the courtesy to call me by phone and let me know what he would do about payment. I've called him several times and left messages but he blows me off.

He even logs on here (as logged by the a-tl system under user info) and either doesn't bother to read or reply to my PMs or reads them and does not send the tracker in hopes that I don't think he's read them. He said he'd pay in a few days by paypal and yet has the audacity to give me an excuse about not being able to pay to my paypal account. Verification through paypal takes only a few busienss days. I did inform him it would take a verification process and that my account wouldn't recieve credit card payments (so I don't have to charge 3% to people when selling items) I then told him to then send me a money order or cashier's check and he refused though I have traded with many members on the board and have been a long time Acura-CL member as well as close with the CL community.

A few days ago he even accidentally called me back on his cell phone and then when I picked up he hung up on me! Then he asks me to do COD (which usually flags for a scam artist, this has happened to me before where people pay with fake or hot checks to Fedex and get away with the product) and I will not agree to it. Last night I gave him a request to please call me on my cell phone within 24 hours if he was indeed serious about purchasing my laptop. He has logged on and probably read my request but decided not to OK the tracking receipt on it (as he does quite often) because the system says he's logged onto A-TL recently ( 9:xxPM today November 7th)

This guy is shady to say the least and I would not trust him with a dime of my money. You all should really reconsider doing business with him because obviously he is not a man of his word.
Old 11-07-2004, 09:51 PM
You touch my tra la la...

Uh oh...

*grabs chair and popcorn*
Old 11-07-2004, 10:47 PM
Acurazine Addict

Originally Posted by GaleForce
Uh oh...

*grabs chair and popcorn*
*goes to sit next to GaleForce*
Old 11-07-2004, 11:59 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Originally Posted by da_illist_onE
*goes to sit next to GaleForce*
and i join them too :ultraghey:
Old 11-08-2004, 12:06 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by AcuraTLjatt559
and i join them too :ultraghey:
still have room for another? cant forget about chips and salsa...

the suspense is killing me
Old 11-08-2004, 12:25 AM
'06 750Li Sapphire/Creme

Ah, I brought the adult beverages ...

Is this a critical point in the movie? I usually like shows with a "twist". Unfortunately, this one sounds all too familiar. Glad to see it play out before anyone looses money. I STILL like the idea of doing this DIRECT to the Benz guy rather than through a 3rd party. I mean, if he knows we are all interested in this mod, why go through a 3rd party? He says something about needing to build 100 of these in order to "make a profit". Maybe so, but until someone builds a reputation (a good one) they SHOULD NOT be sent ANY monies. On the devil's advocate side, maybe SuperDave is on the up-and-up? I don't know him personally. Are there any "Long time" posters on here that can come to support him? If not, then I think the details are pretty stright forward... We all go direct to the mfg himself.
Old 11-08-2004, 02:09 AM
Three Wheelin'

Well, guys to say the least I am pretty disappointed about civics comments, But its a free country and you can say what you want. "He better be careful because he is pretty close to defamation of character with no proof" I have been part of this community now for just over 2 years. As you can see I have not posted to much and usually use this site for the information. I think its made up of a great group of people. With great Ideas. His allegations are totally false. I did agree to purchase his new laptop and we did agree on a price. He was only willing to accept payments via paypal. That's fine I had a paypal account but it was not verified at this time and I had just about reached my spending limit before having to verify. So he sent me a few PM, s and Yes I read all of them and responded. I am sorry it was not within 5 minutes, I do work for a living and am on the road often So I do check the boards during the day read my PM. s and respond to them at night? Again sorry if this is not up to civics standards. I told him I needed to verify my account and I would send him payment, again he was offering a good deal on a fairly new laptop and I needed it. I started the process to verify with paypal and they told me it would take a few days, I was waiting for 2 small deposit's to be put into my checking account. On Friday He called me twice on my Cell phone number and I was driving home from Vermont and Yes we got disconnected there is not much service in the mountains of Vermont, I did not hang up on him. So I. E-mailed him on Friday night and asked if there was any other way we could get this done as paypal was taking quite long and the deposit's still have not shown up in my account. I suggested COD CASH ONLY, This way he can ship ASAP. For no other reason then time I have used COD many times before and it worked well. I don't know what he is talking about fake check and what not, we are talking about 800.00 here not 10,000. You have my name and address and my number plus I have been on the forum for 2 years now what am I trying to pull a fast one???? PLEASE GET A LIFE CIVIC. As far this thread, I liked the Idea and I love my car. I love the idea so I researched it and had 3 one hour long conversations with the maker of this type of product. In order to get him to go with the Idea I told him I would Purchase and Market the item for all of Acura. I don't need 100 orders to make a profit, I am actually not making much on these around 18% over cost. I need 100 orders to meet the contract I agreed to so they make the sills. I never asked or wont ask anybody to purchase anything until I am an official vendor of this site and have the completed product in hand. I just wanted all your Ideas so you all can take part in making the item. I am trying to build my reputation and I will show you guys that with trust and a finished product from scratch that we all can enjoy. On many occasions I have posted my name address and number on these forums plus my e-mail address, What about you Civic your a Liar! Your the one who's ID say you are in Austin Texas Yet your address and your phone number are California Why Lie? For all the rest of you who are reading this give me the time to build your trust you will see, I bought the 99 TL 5 months after it was released, I purchased my 2004 A-SPEC in March I still have both cars and love them and I love this board.
Old 11-08-2004, 02:28 AM
Three Wheelin'

NeoGeek

Your Right I did mess up Bad on that chip thing I dont know what I was hearing when talking to nate that day from comptech, But thats my bad Again I apologize for that So pass me a Chip.
Old 11-08-2004, 02:36 AM
Racer

::Ahh the movie is talking to me... runs out of the theatre::

whoa whoa... dont get me into this. when I was talking about chips and salsa, it was in no reference to Comptech... a misunderstanding is a misunderstanding. as for this whole little dispute on a laptop, i think it is best if the two of you to resolve this issue privatly... So far money has not been asked, so no harm done. When the time comes in the near future for us to pay for this device, that is when as a group we will discuss how to transfer the goods to both parties safely and securely
Old 11-08-2004, 03:53 AM
SHIFT_over.so.I.can.see

Originally Posted by Supercomputers
NeoGeek

Your Right I did mess up Bad on that chip thing I dont know what I was hearing when talking to nate that day from comptech, But thats my bad Again I apologize for that So pass me a Chip.
admitted guilt on your shadiness I see? with another bullshit excuse to boot?

hmmm 170 posts is an active member of our community? Doesn't sound like it to me.

as for YOUR foundless comments dave I just moved to CA from Austin, TX ... sorry about the misunderstanding about my location. I work in CA now I think I just might change it but my home is stil with the Longhorns . I'm actually friends with quite a few of our ACL and ATL members from Austin where I've had a few meets.

anyways someone like Soopa I would trust to send money to or to a member like smitty.

I'm not here to rain on his parade but rather to warn you all and perhaps have a moderator or someone to buffer purchases in between you all and supercomputers. He has obviously not earned the right to be trusted by the members on this forum after his 170 posts.

also, it takes only a few days for a paypal account to be verified. I informed this noob that that would be required at the time of purchase and that I would only accept bank transfers bc my account was not a premium one. he undrerstood all of this and accept my stipulations. then after asking him to call me if he was still serious about the deal he did not and therefore ONLY AFTER THAT did I come on here to let you all know this.

YES he does log on and YES he did read my message prior to that day's ending. I let him know in advance that he had 24 hours to call me if he was serious about buying my laptop. instead he decided to FLAKE

DAVE: YOU ARE UNTRUSTWORTHY AND JUST BECAUSE YOU SIGNED UP FOR THE BOARD 2 YEARS AGO DOES NOT MAKE YOU A MEMBER OF THE COMMUNITY. YOU HAVE PROVEN YOURSELF IN THE TRANSACRTION WITH ME ( A LONG TIME MEMBER AND ACTIVE MEMBER ) THAT YOU ARE NOT A MAN OF YOUR WORD. TRUST IS TO BE EARNED AND THUS FAR YOU'VE ONLY PROVEN TO BE A MAN WITH NO INTEGRITY. YOU HAD YOUR CHANCES AT RECONCILING THIS MATTER PREVIOUSLY AND PRIVATELY BUT CHOSE TO NOT PICK UP THE PHONE AND MERELY CALL. THIS IS YOUR DOING, NOT MINE.

This will be my last posting on this topic. Enjoy your new mod everyone but YES, go directly to the distributor or ask Smitty or Soopa to help you guys out. The moderators here have always been helpful with members trying to get items to our members and any profits they make mostly go to keeping our forums open. Don't let this unknown and untrusted individual take you for a ride like he has me.

PS: isn't it interesting how he responds to this so qucikly and though I sent him 5 PMs he waited 3 days to respond to those though he had been on and read them as was shown on the MEMBER PROFILE (and tried to play it sly by not sending the READ CONFIRMED report ) hahaha...

PPS: it costed me a few bucks to end my ebay auction early or it'd have been sold by now ya flake ! chump change but still !!!
Old 11-08-2004, 11:27 AM
Three Wheelin'

Just a update to all of you. I heard from the designer regarding 2nd generation Lighted door sills. He is going to mock up a set using the plastic sills. He said he is going to use a cover and see what he can come up with. So to all of you with CL and Tl from the second generation we will give this a shot and you are not left out. We will have to see what they look like. so stay tuned. SO to answer the question, it is possible to make them for 2nd generation even with the plastic. If you have any questions Let me know.
Old 11-08-2004, 03:49 PM
Banned

appreciate it bro

hope they come out as sick as the other ones....
Old 11-08-2004, 11:03 PM
Race Director

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,346 Posts
what happened to the post about supercomputers being a flake??

just curious. mods, what's the explanation?
Old 11-09-2004, 08:42 AM
Administrator

Received 1,002 Likes on 572 Posts
Originally Posted by nfnsquared
just curious. mods, what's the explanation?
Since the deleted postings were made in the heat of battle, and now that the two worthy opponents have come to a peaceful solution of their problem, the postings were deleted so this thread can get back on track.
Old 11-13-2004, 03:51 PM
Three Wheelin'

Ok Guys we are at a spot were I need a suggestion from the forum,

The lighted Sills have two options on how they look,

1. IF the letters are shaded in Blue they have a nice clean Look during the day and a very nice glow at night.

or

2. We go with clear letters that are seen during the day and have a clean look But at night the glow is much more intense,

Wich way would you guys like to go,

The plates will be done by Next week or so. I will be able to show you and we will decide to go with

ACURA or
Acura-TL or
Acura TL

Thanks Guys
Old 11-13-2004, 04:18 PM
Team Anthracite Member

My vote is to go with ACURA the way it is now and to go with blue lights.
Old 11-13-2004, 04:24 PM
Three Wheelin'

Again the Light will match the factory dash 99% This is to determin if you wanted the letters also shaded in Blue or you want them clear.

Either way the light will be blue, This is for apperance and looks
Old 11-13-2004, 06:02 PM
Team Anthracite Member

OK, sorry, that makes sense. I would say the letters would be clear then. I think it'll look kinda weird in blue. But I guess the only way to know would be to see it.

So how is this going to work exactly? Are you going to have these "mass" produced and you'll sell them through the forums here?
Old 11-13-2004, 06:05 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

I'll take clear letters with ACURA OR ACURA TL either way....

Quick Reply: I have a New Mod Idea....Again!!!!!