3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I got pulled over...oh poop!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 05:09 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if u get pulled over.. roll down those windows asap.. and tell them that shit doesnt go up... that way they wont be able to look... lol.. my friend did tht once.. a dumbass he was but got a warning.
Old 02-12-2008, 05:21 PM
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Soccer_playa1579
if u get pulled over.. roll down those windows asap.. and tell them that shit doesnt go up... that way they wont be able to look... lol.. my friend did tht once.. a dumbass he was but got a warning.
Sounds like there is a market for power windows kill switch

"Honestly officer, try to roll the windows up yourself..."
Old 02-12-2008, 05:29 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by pkarandi
To avs007: what a pr!ck cop your wife encountered (shocker). That's just BS to get a ticket for that...

Yeah...
One time I was at a freeway on-ramp... unmarked plain clothes Cop pulled me over like 5 seconds after I got on the freeway... First words out of his mouth, "Don't try to out-run me on MY freeways, son...."

I was like, "eh?"

He tried giving me a ticket for "Accelerating too fast" on the freeway on-ramp. At the time, that freeway on-ramp was a stop-sign with a 90 degree turn with literally only 2 hundred ft or so of acceleration lane to merge with 70mph traffic, before that side of the freeway butts up against a rock wall.... You pretty much gotta punch it to prevent getting rear-ended.

I told the office that I actually never even exceded the speed limit, and his response was, "It doesn't matter. There is no reason to need to accelerate that fast".

sheesh... At least he let me go with a warning, but I think it's because he knows he was full of it.
Old 02-12-2008, 05:45 PM
Cruisin'

The randomness of all this is the killer. You just never know who you will run into and what mood the officer will be in. Since Saturday, I have had cruisers come right up beside me and go past me and they didn't even take a second look. The gal that stopped me was going in the opposite direction with 3 lanes between us and spun around to get me. I was once stopped years ago by an officer that was making a left turn at the light with me. He asked if I knew why he stopped me. I had no idea. He said it was because my tag on my license plate had expired. He knew what the color should be. He told me that most officers would never notice. But he had the eye for that detail. I believe him. There are "tag" officers and "tint" officers and so on. If only you could know who you'd run into on a given day. In the meantime, please join me in a "moment of silence" for my soon to be dearly departed tints. Amen.
Old 02-12-2008, 05:54 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by MambaTL
The randomness of all this is the killer. You just never know who you will run into and what mood the officer will be in.
Yeah seriously... Several months back, I was at a dinner banquet, and I drove my G35 Coupe. As I was exiting the parking structure, I was greeted by a police car, that blocked my exit. He told me that somebody called the police to report that I was excessively speeding in the parking structure

My wife was with me, and she vouched that I never went over 10mph (which was true). Cop said it "sounded" like I was going closer to 30mph. After I told him that you can't judge speed based on sound, he tried to give me a ticket because my exhaust was too loud... Only problem... My exhaust IS STOCK. Cop wouldn't believe me.

When I offered to have him follow me to the Infiniti dealer to verify, he told me to forget it, and to just "keep it down" in the future
Old 02-12-2008, 06:17 PM
Be kind to us truckers !

Originally Posted by stillhere153
^^^sounds like a constitutional violation to me, a violaton of the interstate commerce clause to be specific (it is taking profit away from tint shops in FL )

ps. Most florida plates in NY are NY residents scamming it up to get cheaper insurance
just like some states prohibiting "RADAR DETECTORS" the states and insurance companies prosper it's a win-win situation for them.......protect your right's,vote for Progressive's this election and help spare our "Constitution and "Protect your right's!, or what's left of them anyway!
Old 02-12-2008, 06:27 PM
2007 TL-S CBP/ES 6MT

hmm... i visited a tint shop this weekend - about to take that plunge but still can't decide between 20% or 35%. I really want that darker 20% and the tint shop said that they have to advise me that that percentage is not legal in CA blah blah blah. And they then also said if I decide to go w/ the 20% and get a ticket, they will remove the tint for an extra $20 per window. So I asked how many people w/ dark tints came back for removal and he estimated at least 10% of his customers.

how about if we all got some firefighter stickers/decals and slap them on our tinted cars? maybe the cops will leave us alone then...
Old 02-12-2008, 07:13 PM
Cruisin'

I wondered why tint shops were even allowed to put on tints they KNEW were illegal to begin with. According to my officer, they make money putting the tints on and then again taking the tints off. I'll never understand the laws of this land.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:43 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by S PAW 1
^
I was being facetious, of course, as all those that have had their detectors confiscated will attest.
I don't think tint is "registered" in a particular state.
They'd make things easier if the laws were the same for every state instead of each state making their own "laws".

Buckeyes can also be made out of chocolate with peanut butter centers,
and who would want in little snarling animal as a mascot? Just an oversized ferret
Confiscated? I didn't think it was illegal to be in possession of a radar detector, I thought it was just use that was illegal. Even in WV where I know it is illegal to use a radar detector I still would have to imagine that it is just a fine.

I think that the difference between tint and a radar detector is you have the choice with one and not the other. To me using a radar detector is like speeding, you have the choice to do it/use it or not. Where as tint that is legal in one state cannot just become lighter to be in compliance with another states law.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:10 PM
steeez

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
fuckin gay i just got a ticket going 80 in 70.. and then the cop was like your car is full of illegal shit your lights head and tails are illegal but ill cut u a break.. writin u a ticket for speed + your tint.. =[

what happens if i get pulled over for front tint again? i'm usin this as an excuse to tint my car 5/5 now.. 5 in rear and since my 15 is gona get ripped off ima get 5 there too
Old 02-12-2008, 10:23 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 293 Likes on 253 Posts
I don't understan how it can be "gay" when YOU make your car illegal then its the cops fault he does his job?

Mine are tinted in the front and thats illegal here .. I've been busted .. pulled it off .. got cleared then retinted .. its not the cops fault "I" decided to be illegal. And I'm prepared to suffer the consequences. Usually when someone gets busted for tint its in conjunction with a bigger offence.

Most the time its not worth thier while to just stop you for tint.
Old 02-13-2008, 12:23 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by ecliptics
and then the cop was like your car is full of illegal shit your lights head and tails are illegal but ill cut u a break.. writin u a ticket for speed + your tint.. =[
Did he explain why your lights are illegal? I just looked up CA law.

For Tails:

It just says that in *darkness* tail-lamps must be visible for 1000ft.

Stop lamps must be visible within 300ft in day and night conditions.

Rear reflectors are to be plainly visible at *night* when illuminated from 350ft.

As long as your tail lights meet these criteria, they are legal in CA.

For signals... Front signals must emit a white or amber light.
Front/side reflectors not required on non-commercial vehicles.
Parking lamps may be white or amber.
Old 02-13-2008, 12:52 AM
steeez

Originally Posted by avs007
Did he explain why your lights are illegal? I just looked up CA law.

For Tails:

It just says that in *darkness* tail-lamps must be visible for 1000ft.

Stop lamps must be visible within 300ft in day and night conditions.

Rear reflectors are to be plainly visible at *night* when illuminated from 350ft.

As long as your tail lights meet these criteria, they are legal in CA.

For signals... Front signals must emit a white or amber light.
Front/side reflectors not required on non-commercial vehicles.
Parking lamps may be white or amber.
yeah, i remember reading about that.. but i wouldnt want to argue with a cop you know? haha

Originally Posted by Jesstzn
I don't understan how it can be "gay" when YOU make your car illegal then its the cops fault he does his job?

Mine are tinted in the front and thats illegal here .. I've been busted .. pulled it off .. got cleared then retinted .. its not the cops fault "I" decided to be illegal. And I'm prepared to suffer the consequences. Usually when someone gets busted for tint its in conjunction with a bigger offence.

Most the time its not worth thier while to just stop you for tint.
lol? are you joking me? yeah, it is gay, gay for me cause i got owned. do you want me to be happy i got pulled over for tint or what? lol.... i know she was doing her job. its not like i said shes a bitch for giving me a ticket for tint
Old 02-13-2008, 01:07 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by ecliptics
yeah, i remember reading about that.. but i wouldnt want to argue with a cop you know? haha
YEah, don't argue with the cop... You use it to fight the ticket after the fact... That's what I did when I got bs tickets.
Old 02-14-2008, 02:03 AM
MR1
05/5AT/Navi/ABP/Quartz

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts
This thread points out the need to know what the law is where you live. As stated above, you then decide if you want to break that law and take your chances.

FWIW - Ca law does not allow any non-factory tint on front door windows period from what I understand. Also, if you bring in an out of state car w/non state plates and that violates state laws; if you are keeping it here, you have a short period of time to register and make it comply with state laws.

No laws are always enforced by all cops. Choose your battles. I choose illegal tints but decided to have both required plates on my car.
Old 02-14-2008, 02:05 AM
MR1
05/5AT/Navi/ABP/Quartz

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by avs007
YEah, don't argue with the cop... You use it to fight the ticket after the fact... That's what I did when I got bs tickets.
I agree 100%
But after what you have posted, I would strongly consider moving.
Old 02-14-2008, 02:30 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 208 Likes on 187 Posts
I got a fix-it ticket for tint from the CHP. I think i have 50 percent or 35 percent. Im getting it off for 10 bucks when the ticket comes in the mail. I just dont want to deal with the cops, or at least as little as possible. dont give them a reason to pull you over and they wont.
plus i used to work behind the scenes so I respect them and the law.

I may retint them with clear or the lightest i can find, 85% because of the hot summers and I want to protect my interior.
Old 02-14-2008, 08:13 AM
TL-S BeASt

The thing I hate the most about the law is that they only unhold certain laws when they want too. Like at the end of the month they get the memo to give all cars with tints a ticket. If tints are illegal uphold that law all the time not just when the city needs money!....NYPD - the biggest mob in nyc.(just my thought)
Old 02-14-2008, 10:29 AM
Cruisin'

The deed is done. The tints are removed. I feel like Custer after his sTINT at the Little Big Horn. Things just aren't the same.
Old 02-23-2008, 11:38 PM
9th Gear

i got pulled over twice with my old 97 honda accord about my tints..but luckily they gave me 2 warnings..tints makes the car looks so much better..im so used to tints now that its a MUST HAVE..i cant stand driving cars without tints..i feel naked.. I just got my TL Tinted..and tint all around INCLUDING the front windshield..the front windshiel is 45% and my back and rear are 5% and my driver and passenger are 15%.. i love my front windshield tint..i rarely need to wear my sunglasses.. plus it protects my dash board and leather seats. People cant notice that i tint it unless im parked next to a car not doesnt have the front windshield tint..but from the inside, u cant tell at all.. its great..when i see i cop..i just roll down my two front windows..yea its a hassle at times but its worth it
Old 03-14-2008, 08:09 PM
King of NYC

Received 216 Likes on 153 Posts
I have a funny situation actually. I live in a state that actually has more lax tint laws than the state my car is registered in. My car has 30% tint and 35% is legal in CT but I have IL plates where front tint is illegal but back tint can be anything......weird. If it were the other way around I would cry immunity but with the way it is I don't totally feel safe from escaping tickets. Then again, after years of driving tinted cars and being pulled over for other reasons, (speeding) I have never been hassled for tint ever......
Old 03-14-2008, 08:42 PM
Drifting

Damn-I got here to late! I've had my 20% tints on for the last 2 years, and I've driven next to cops in the worst cities in Michigan, and none have even given me a second look. One question- do you have NAVI? I noticed that it may help to have the NAVI map on-it adds light so they can see the front occupants. I was told by a few police people that as long as they can see the front occupants, they will not pull you over.

By the way- where were you pulled over?
Old 03-16-2008, 09:27 PM
Cruisin'

I was in Ann Arbor at the Ellsworth and Platt at the time. The thing that bothers me about this is the randomness of it all. Every other car around here is tinted. Yet you only hear of one here and there that get pulled over. It's not mentioned on the media, they don't stake out tint shops and ticket people as they leave, there are no inspection lines...nothing that would say loud and clear that "we're getting tough on tints"! It leaves you wondering "why me"?
Old 03-16-2008, 10:17 PM
Drifting

Must have been a cop in a bad mood. As a matter of fact, I drove from downtown Pontiac to Clinton Township next to an Oakland County Sheriff and nothing. I guess you were in the wrong place at the wrong time.